Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,449 members, 7,978,443 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:29 AM

Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons (13043 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Fish Farming And Pig Farming: Which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by benzion72(m): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
Different shades of opinion. It is so easy to make money on pages of nairaland.com with different data and forecast. The bitter truth is that nothing is easy. And don't expect to start making 200,000.00 profit the day you start. Think of challenges of gathering 1000 creates of egg that is 300,000 piece of egg. Which farm will need ready to give you a new entrant that, think of logistics of moving it to Lagos. Do you have ready market in Lagos, why are the channels retailers or distributors. Imagine moving egg to Lagos only to be told your egg is too small and it will not command your expected prices. Will you take it back.

Friends nothing is easy as it is being painted by some poster. My take start both on a small scale and grow them. Both egg distribution and pig farming. Presently I produce eggs. Even too much sun in a day will affect your production and messed up all your forcasting
Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by Chudoify: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
@benzion,you are right.That is why i prefer hands- on experience to all this ebook on nairaland.Thank God i am undergoing practical training.@op,please make sure you plan very well.Dont work on assumption.takia
Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by kayjegs: 7:23am On Mar 08, 2013
You can start the production of feeds for goats or pigs. To make feeds for pigs, the formulations are as below using available raw materials. You can decide to make these feeds in large quantities to sell to pig farmers or use it for your own pig farm if you have. As many people are going into animal husbandry as a source of income, they will be needing feeds for their livestock. You can make a business out of this.

For Piglets:
Maize = 20kg
Groundnut or Groundnut cake (Kuli kuli) = 2kg
Cassava peels/yam peels (dried) = 2kg
Bone meal = 750g
Fish meal = 2kg
Rice bran = 2kg
Table salt = 50g

For Weaners
Maize = 10kg
Palm kernel = 8kg
Groundnut or Groundnut cake = 5kg
Bone meal = 750g
Fish meal = 3kg
Rice bran = 3kg.
Table salt = 50g

For Growers
Maize = 8kg
Palm kernel = 8kg
Groundnut or Groundnut cake = 5kg
Cassava peels/yam peels/pineapple peels = 6kg
Bone meal = 750g
Fish meal = 2kg
Rice bran = 1kg
Table salt = 50g

In order to minimize costs, the fishmeal could be fully replaced by groundnut or groundnut cake but it is better to have it with fishmeal. If you want to produce the feeds in mass for sale to other pig farmers, you should put fishmeal since you are to make it more standard.

For goats, rams or other groups of animals, make sure you remove the salt from the preparation. You can feed goats with the same formulation as that for the growers for pigs.
Feed accounts for 55-85% of the cost of commercial pig production. Feed is therefore the major operational cost item in a pig enterprise.
Other expenses include veterinary services and so on. The startup cost is low and profit margin impressive.

A piglet costs between N3000 and N4000. Weaners costs about N6000 while live adult pigs of about 70-100kg costs between N20,000 and N30,000.
Details about rearing the pigs including costs and profit analysis in raising pigs are in my book which contains many other business types. Some people have been getting and reading the book. Follow up on my thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need/1#14654742

Enjoy your day. And as many as are getting my ebook, thanks for allowing me to inspire you... More to come on this thread.
Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by Bimfarm: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
We have eggs to supply in large quantity in Lagos. pls call now 08092196127
Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by olagrace(m): 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
I'm happy for this forum,pls mcfemad what can u say to this.I have a car spacious. For 50 crates of egg and my target is 200 crates /week.what's your general advice.for egg distributions

I will also like your contact as a pro.
08077476806 is mine
Re: Egg Distribution Or Pig Farming Which Would You Advice With Reasons by Preprobiotics: 11:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
Molasses and Lactobacillus Serum for Livestock, Poultry and Home Use
Undiluted Organic Molasses for Strong Nutritional Value with many Health Benefits. Lactobachillus a Superb Growth Booster for Livestock, Poultry and Fish Farming, Also an effective Foul ODOUR Removal for Farms, Households, Dust Bins,Sewage, etc.
Call: 08121790440
Price from =N=1,500

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi Acquires Bulldozers To Boost Rice Production With / Going Further With Sack Farming / Palm Oil Production By States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.