Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,003 members, 7,903,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:30 AM

El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation (1022 Views)

APC Leaders Shun Fashola’s Book Presentation In Lagos / Tinubu, Buhari, APC Govs Storm Salami’s Book Presentation / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Supa6ix(m): 6:51am On Feb 09, 2013
On a day his friends, associates and loved
ones converged on the nation’s capital to
witness the public presentation of his
controversial and expository memoir, ‘The
Accidental Public Servant’, on Thursday
at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Center
Abuja, former FCT Minister, Nasir El-
Rufai betrayed his emotions and wept
openly.
El-Rufai, who often comes across as a
tough, courageous and firm figure, could
hardly hold back the tears that flowed
freely when he noticed the mammoth
crowed that thronged the venue of his
book presentation.
“I never thought I could be so honoured; I
am deeply touched and I do not really
know what to say and how to say it
given the calibre of persons and the large
number of people who have turned out
today to witness the presentation my
book,” the former minister said.
As he began to elaborate, tears flowed
down his cheeks and those close by helped
him with a handkerchief and he ended his
speech and was helped to his seat but not
before he apologised for weeping in
public, explaining that he wept because of
the encomiums showered on him.
“I was touched. The prayer by Pastor
Sarah Omaku was very kind to me. I have
never had any one speak about me in that
manner, I just couldn’t handle it I am
sorry if I disappointed you,” El-Rufai
explained.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by damsy01(m): 7:40am On Feb 09, 2013
he was truely honored and i fink he deserved it
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Bigflamie(m): 7:45am On Feb 09, 2013
Fvccking bu.tthole like you trying to become relevant by all possible means. You've totally lost it all, d.ckhead. Who cares if you'd sheded blood, looser.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by gramci: 8:00am On Feb 09, 2013
Crocodile tears
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by GARRIx7(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2013
I love El-Rufai!!!
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Adurangba(f): 8:33am On Feb 09, 2013
weeping blood would have been a better alternative.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by dridowu: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2013
Nigeria will surely be great
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by AnanseK(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2013
He is a Gem!
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Supa6ix(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
tears no b new tin again jawi
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by onatisi(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2013
AnanseK: He is a Gem!
which kind yeye uselesss gem?infact you nigerians you never learn .is this the first time a criminal will shed tears.or do u think those tears were geniue.he knows ppl like u will pity him and just as he planned u are hving compassion on him.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Supa6ix(m): 2:35pm On Feb 10, 2013
onatisi:
which kind yeye uselesss gem?infact you nigerians you never learn .is this the first time a criminal will shed tears.or do u think those tears were geniue.he knows ppl like u will pity him and just as he planned u are hving compassion on him.
chop knockle jawi...u head iz der
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by AnanseK(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2013
onatisi:

Read the book please. You can't even write a sentence without an error. How can you ever write even a story book?
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by slimming: 3:49pm On Feb 10, 2013
i don hear
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Elueme: 4:03pm On Feb 10, 2013
Is it tears we need now or pragmatism and sincerity?. El Rufai, your intention is still in doubt and you give me reasons to believe that this book was all about self gratification and exoneration while you paint others are the real evil.. Too bad, he has gone to the dogs.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by nduchucks: 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2013
Truth be told, El Rufai is one of the most qualified Nigerians alive who can effectively rule Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by segxyrema: 5:21pm On Feb 10, 2013
He has to cry,because he knows that he is going to end up in jail for all his steps.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2013
After so much hatred he poured out on the public domain, he never believed he will be so much relevant and welcomed among men. I am sure Hell_Rufai has more apologies to make and its best for our nationhood.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by AnanseK(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2013
A gripping story of intrigues and machinations . Very readable inside story. A must-read for ambitious and even non ambitious Nigerians. I am only page 53 but I must finish the whole 600+ pages by the next weekend ! I bought the book yesterday.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 10, 2013
Bigflamie: Fvccking bu.tthole like you trying to become relevant by all possible means. You've totally lost it all, d.ckhead. Who cares if you'd sheded blood, looser.
Let he who's without sin be the first to cast a stone.
Re: El-rufai: Why I Wept At My Book Presentation by onatisi(m): 10:28pm On Feb 10, 2013
AnanseK:

Read the book please. You can't even write a sentence without an error. How can you ever write even a story book?
stay there and be pitying the thieves that have already destroyed nigeria and the future of ur children , compound foool

(1) (Reply)

Polio Killings: Dr. Ahmed Datti Started It / Governor VS Minister: Who Is More Superior? / Boko Haram:Sovereign State Western Nigeria By UN & Gowon Araba(secede)By Musiwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.