Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,893 members, 7,949,110 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (675235 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:20am On Sep 15, 2014
olalerelateef: please can laminated certificate be taking to ministry of education and foreign affair too because i have laminate all my certificate. thank you all as i await your response.

Yes sure mine was laminated when i took them there.

They know their way around it, they just have to tear a small portion behind your certificates to Sign on it.

So dont worry about that just take all Certificates both laminated ones and you will be fine.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 6:26am On Sep 15, 2014
tunde300us: Well maybe that explains it,i have applied for almost 100 jobs on that site and not one mention,maybe cos my address on my profile reads lagos,nigeria.
I am IT person and i think most of the jobs posted there just perfectly suited for me,but alas no response since i put up my CV,do i need to be in dubai to get a job ?

Dubizzle is very good for job search and every other thing but on every site there are scammers, some employers on Dubizzle may ask you to bring some money during interview or even before an interview just know it is Scam.

BUT it is not an easy task getting a job via Dubizzle whilst in Nigeria because they have more and more people on ground already that suits that advertised postion and also have UAE Experience in that field.

So you just have to keep try and trying and trying and trying until you get lucky.

Also try bayt.com for Jobs.

It is Well but don't be deceived if Someone contacts you that they can offer you a JOB, No one can!!!! Never
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 7:00am On Sep 15, 2014
tunde300us: Well maybe that explains it,i have applied for almost 100 jobs on that site and not one mention,maybe cos my address on my profile reads lagos,nigeria.
I am IT person and i think most of the jobs posted there just perfectly suited for me,but alas no response since i put up my CV,do i need to be in dubai to get a job ?

Like has been repeatedly said on the thread, its much better to be on ground while searching for jobs in Dubai. Unless you have a very distinct CV, which contains trainings, qualifications etc that the company is specifically looking for, there is no way they will ordinarily select you over another applicant who is already in Dubai, can come to their office for a face to face interview and probably already has GCC experience.

Your sector is IT which is ruled by the Indians and Chinese. Indians look after their own first before considering other nationalities. Not saying this to discourage you, but keep this at the back of your mind and dont get discouraged if you don't get any feedback within your expected period.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 8:37am On Sep 15, 2014
I don't agree with you young man...

I have my friends dubai address and phone number on my CV and with that I cannot count how many submissions I've done on that site just no single call..... Like I said they don't shortlist CV, they only display ads for you to see and come defend what you CV carries shikena.... go to dubai and give it a TRIAL.

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 10:49am On Sep 15, 2014
Hi all a quick big question for the likes of @monchouchou, @kevin4jesu and other dubai residents at large.

As I draw up conclusions towards my relocation to dubai in search of a job, I thought about identifying possible business ventures that can in turn generate money for me while I scout for jobs. I dived into a little research and just one market segment has recurrently hit my head and that's the accommodation problem a lot face during their stay in Dubai. Hence this, I would like to ask this question. what kind of apartment(2/3/4 bedroom) can i get with the sole purpose of accommodating flat mates at a token, 2. what's the possibility of making money off this type of venture if i invest like 4 million Naira / 90,000AED into it.

Suggestions please
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by ugsams(m): 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
drumma: Hi all a quick big question for the likes of @monchouchou, @kevin4jesu and other dubai residents at large.

As I draw up conclusions towards my relocation to dubai in search of a job, I thought about identifying possible business ventures that can in turn generate money for me while I scout for jobs. I dived into a little research and just one market segment has recurrently hit my head and that's the accommodation problem a lot face during their stay in Dubai. Hence this, I would like to ask this question. what kind of apartment(2/3/4 bedroom) can i get with the sole purpose of accommodating flat mates at a token, 2. what's the possibility of making money off this type of venture if i invest like 4 million Naira / 90,000AED into it.

Suggestions please

This is the type of post where I enjoy answers by postemail I really wish he can still contribute on this thread on entrepreneurship and practical living in the UAE. postemail has great insight on things like this.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2014
So where is he @postemail he probably might be too busy making AED's for himself and forgotten that some people too need to make money off this emirates market.

ugsams:

This is the type of post where I enjoy answers by postemail I really wish he can still contribute on this thread on entrepreneurship and practical living in the UAE. postemail has great insight on things like this.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by olalerelateef(m): 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
justi4jesu:

Yes sure mine was laminated when i took them there.

They know their way around it, they just have to tear a small portion behind your certificates to Sign on it.

So dont worry about that just take all Certificates both laminated ones and you will be fine.

thank you
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
drumma: Hi all a quick big question for the likes of @monchouchou, @kevin4jesu and other dubai residents at large.

Suggestions please

hmn, where do I begin? yes accommodation is an issue in Dubai. No because of a lack of buildings but because of a lack of funds to rent such suitable buildings. Many job seekers stay 5 in a room or even stay in bunk beds (imagine secondary school boarding house).

Selecting a good location is also a very important factor. Most people prefer staying within "trek able" distance from a metro station to save transportation costs. So the buildings around the metro stations are more expensive. Your typical 3 bedroom flat will cost around AED10,000 to AED15,000 Monthly. Lets assume u get a very cheap one for AED10,000, that may be excluding or including utilities (Light,water,wifi etc). so your AED90,000 will only extend for 9 months.

At AED 10,000 how many people do you want to accommodate in the flat? and how much will they be willing to pay that will enable you recover your costs and then make a sizable profit?

You are new to Dubai, so its not like you already have an established network of friends to help you spread the word that you have shared accommodation for rent. So lets assume you spend one month searching for "tenants", thats one month loss. The second month you are able to get half the number of required tenants, another month loss. The third month you are able to get the complete number of tenants but then 1 or 2 default in payment…… You see where I'm going with this?

There are many people doing this accommodation business and some of them are making profit, but these are old timers who know the in and out of the African underworld in Dubai. They are able to spread the word like wild fire and get tenants. I will not advise a newbie to venture into it unless you are not interested in making quick profits…..#justmy2fils
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by monchouchou: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
ugsams:

Thats true. Haven't seen his post here in a while
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by tunde300us(m): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ok thanks guys,i dont know if i can go to dubai anytime soon cos travelling not in my plans for now,and really unless i get someone who gives a clue or something i can hold on to before i take such risk traveling to dubai
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by drumma(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for your contribution @monchouchou that as really comprehensive..... What I was initially thinking of getting someone in dubai that will over see this for me, My friend who recently relocated to dubai says she can help me oversee it but like you said, getting occupants for the house within a short period of time is quite sketchy so I guess it takes me back to relocating to dubai and doing it my own little way.

monchouchou:

hmn, where do I begin? yes accommodation is an issue in Dubai. No because of a lack of buildings but because of a lack of funds to rent such suitable buildings. Many job seekers stay 5 in a room or even stay in bunk beds (imagine secondary school boarding house).

Selecting a good location is also a very important factor. Most people prefer staying within "trek able" distance from a metro station to save transportation costs. So the buildings around the metro stations are more expensive. Your typical 3 bedroom flat will cost around AED10,000 to AED15,000 Monthly. Lets assume u get a very cheap one for AED10,000, that may be excluding or including utilities (Light,water,wifi etc). so your AED90,000 will only extend for 9 months.

At AED 10,000 how many people do you want to accommodate in the flat? and how much will they be willing to pay that will enable you recover your costs and then make a sizable profit?

You are new to Dubai, so its not like you already have an established network of friends to help you spread the word that you have shared accommodation for rent. So lets assume you spend one month searching for "tenants", thats one month loss. The second month you are able to get half the number of required tenants, another month loss. The third month you are able to get the complete number of tenants but then 1 or 2 default in payment…… You see where I'm going with this?

There are many people doing this accommodation business and some of them are making profit, but these are old timers who know the in and out of the African underworld in Dubai. They are able to spread the word like wild fire and get tenants. I will not advise a newbie to venture into it unless you are not interested in making quick profits…..#justmy2fils
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Pasca07: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
@kelvin,do they emphasis on class of degree?can a third class graduate in electrical electronics engineer get a job at UAE?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Pasca07: 10:05pm On Sep 16, 2014
kelvin4jesu:
So sorry about the late reply, I av been busy with work these days,
Employers in dubai don't need your certificate is your working experience that speaks, so my dear attest your certificate before comin
thanks for the reply
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by esteltiarra: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2014
kelvin4jesu:
So sorry about the late reply, I av been busy with work these days,
Employers in dubai don't need your certificate is your working experience that speaks, so my dear attest your certificate before comin

You are busy counting Dir hams, dollars & pound sterling, remember to send some to me........... tongue
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Festus2black: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2014
Pls house I want to know wen does entry permit expires does it start countin from the date of isuein or from d day of entry uae. Nd can it be use in searcing for job
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hotchocolatey: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Kelvin4Jesu: Different Types of Visas

If you’re planning on travelling to the UAE prior to looking for work, you can choose to enter the country on a temporary visa and search for jobs during your stay. Once you secure employment, you can then apply for your work permit and resident visa through your employer.

Listed below are the different types of visas for entry to the UAE.

Entry Service Permit

The Entry Service Permit is a non-renewable visa sponsored by a UAE company or hotel licensed to operate in the United Arab Emirates. It costs Dh 120 plus Dh 10 delivery charge and will take at least two weeks to process and issue. The duration of stay is 14 days from date of entry, exclusive of arrival and departure days.

An Entry Service Permit applies to the following categories and their families accompanying them: company manager's representatives, sales managers, account auditors, delegations from companies or establishments to carry out a commercial activity in the UAE, enquirers requested by any of the establishments/companies operating in the UAE assumed to carry out an urgent task.

Tourist Visa

The Tourist Visa is a non-renewable visa which requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident (relative or friend), hotel, travel agency, or company and entitles its holder to a 30-day stay. It costs Dh 100 plus Dh 10 delivery charge and takes around 7 days to process and issue.

Visit Visa

The Visit Visa is a renewable visa which also requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident, hotel, travel agency, or company. It is valid for 60 days and is renewable for a total stay of up to 90 days. It costs Dh 100 plus Dh 10 delivery charge, and Dh 500 for renewing.

The Visit Visa applies to tourists who wish to spend more than 14 days in The UAE, those coming for family visits as well as those on long-term business visits. It is valid for entry within two months from the date of issue.

Transit Visa

The Transit Visa is a 4-day (96 hours) visa issued by sponsorship of an airline operating in the UAE. Transit passengers stopping at Dubai International Airport for a minimum of 5 hours are eligible for obtaining a transit visa provided that they have a valid ticket for an onward flight.

This visa is applicable to travellers who wish to embark upon city tours during the duration of their short stay in the UAE.

Multiple-Entry Visa

The Multiple-Entry Visa is for individuals who have a relationship with a reputable company in the UAE and are continuously visiting the UAE. It is valid for six months from the date of issue, and allows the traveller to stay for 30 days for each stay. It costs Dh 1,000 and must be obtained while in the country.

Resident Visa

Individuals who plan to live in the United Arab Emirates should obtain a Resident Visa. It will be issued by the Immigration department of the emirate the individual will be staying in and will be provided by the company the person is working for.

Individuals working outside of a Free Zone must stay with the company for a 12-month period starting from the day the visa has been received. If employees leave their employer before the end of the 12-month period and fail to secure another position within the Free Zone, they will receive a Country Ban which forbids them to work anywhere within the UAE for six months.

Resident Visas are valid for 3-years and requires a medical test and a health card. Individuals can obtain a health card for approximately Dh 300 at the Ministry of Health or at a recognized private hospital and should be renewed annually. It should be noted that individuals who test positive for AIDS will not be permitted to acquire a resident visa.

A family visa is an option for individuals with family members, which allows the sponsorship of the individual’s parents, spouse, and children under the age of 18. Take note that family visas are only possible if the individual earns a monthly salary of Dh 4,000 above.

Sponsorship Requirements

For a relative or friend to sponsor a tourist visa, he or she must earn over Dh 4,000 per month and hold a valid resident visa.

A hotel can sponsor a tourist visa only if you are a staying at the hotel, and will hold the traveller’s passport until all hotel payments are cleared. Theyrequire the visitor's date of arrival and flight details, and a photocopy of the first few pages of the visitor's passport which should be valid for at least three months.

The traveller’s visa must be deposited at the airport immigration at least one hour before the flight’s arrival. It must also be noted that the airline may require evidence (e.g. a photocopy) before departure that a valid visa awaits the traveller upon arrival.

Hotchocolatey: Thanks every1 in da house for this thread. I want to live and work in Dubai and I have learned from this thread that the best bet is to get a visit visa, go there and scout for the job. Now, I am set to go over there to try this but I have the following challenges:
1. A ticketing officer @ Emirate Airlines told me I maybe turned back @ the airport if given a 2 month visit visa since it’s my first time outside the country. He said it is better for me to do a 2 weeks visa or max 1 month. (Though I didn’t tell him I was going to search for a job).
2. I don’t know or have anybody there I just hope to stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and then scout around to see if I can squat with some1 all in a bid to save cost. So how do I do this?
‘‘Visit Visa
The Visit Visa is a renewable visa which also requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident, hotel, travel agency, or company. It is valid for 60days and is renewable for a total stay of up to 90 days.”
3. @ Emirate VI, I was asked to call or go Dubai Visa Processing Centre Lekki that that is where I can get 60 days visa.
Please house help me, guys in Dubai already I really need your help/advice. I pray all work out well, I hope to make my journey early next month (October), I'm waiting. Thank you all.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by hotchocolatey: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
kelvin4jesu: Different Types of Visas

If you’re planning on travelling to the UAE prior to looking for work, you can choose to enter the country on a temporary visa and search for jobs during your stay. Once you secure employment, you can then apply for your work permit and resident visa through your employer.

Listed below are the different types of visas for entry to the UAE.

Entry Service Permit

The Entry Service Permit is a non-renewable visa sponsored by a UAE company or hotel licensed to operate in the United Arab Emirates. It costs Dh 120 plus Dh 10 delivery charge and will take at least two weeks to process and issue. The duration of stay is 14 days from date of entry, exclusive of arrival and departure days.

An Entry Service Permit applies to the following categories and their families accompanying them: company manager's representatives, sales managers, account auditors, delegations from companies or establishments to carry out a commercial activity in the UAE, enquirers requested by any of the establishments/companies operating in the UAE assumed to carry out an urgent task.

Tourist Visa

The Tourist Visa is a non-renewable visa which requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident (relative or friend), hotel, travel agency, or company and entitles its holder to a 30-day stay. It costs Dh 100 plus Dh 10 delivery charge and takes around 7 days to process and issue.

Visit Visa

The Visit Visa is a renewable visa which also requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident, hotel, travel agency, or company. It is valid for 60 days and is renewable for a total stay of up to 90 days. It costs Dh 100 plus Dh 10 delivery charge, and Dh 500 for renewing.

The Visit Visa applies to tourists who wish to spend more than 14 days in The UAE, those coming for family visits as well as those on long-term business visits. It is valid for entry within two months from the date of issue.

Transit Visa

The Transit Visa is a 4-day (96 hours) visa issued by sponsorship of an airline operating in the UAE. Transit passengers stopping at Dubai International Airport for a minimum of 5 hours are eligible for obtaining a transit visa provided that they have a valid ticket for an onward flight.

This visa is applicable to travellers who wish to embark upon city tours during the duration of their short stay in the UAE.

Multiple-Entry Visa

The Multiple-Entry Visa is for individuals who have a relationship with a reputable company in the UAE and are continuously visiting the UAE. It is valid for six months from the date of issue, and allows the traveller to stay for 30 days for each stay. It costs Dh 1,000 and must be obtained while in the country.

Resident Visa

Individuals who plan to live in the United Arab Emirates should obtain a Resident Visa. It will be issued by the Immigration department of the emirate the individual will be staying in and will be provided by the company the person is working for.

Individuals working outside of a Free Zone must stay with the company for a 12-month period starting from the day the visa has been received. If employees leave their employer before the end of the 12-month period and fail to secure another position within the Free Zone, they will receive a Country Ban which forbids them to work anywhere within the UAE for six months.

Resident Visas are valid for 3-years and requires a medical test and a health card. Individuals can obtain a health card for approximately Dh 300 at the Ministry of Health or at a recognized private hospital and should be renewed annually. It should be noted that individuals who test positive for AIDS will not be permitted to acquire a resident visa.

A family visa is an option for individuals with family members, which allows the sponsorship of the individual’s parents, spouse, and children under the age of 18. Take note that family visas are only possible if the individual earns a monthly salary of Dh 4,000 above.

Sponsorship Requirements

For a relative or friend to sponsor a tourist visa, he or she must earn over Dh 4,000 per month and hold a valid resident visa.

A hotel can sponsor a tourist visa only if you are a staying at the hotel, and will hold the traveller’s passport until all hotel payments are cleared. Theyrequire the visitor's date of arrival and flight details, and a photocopy of the first few pages of the visitor's passport which should be valid for at least three months.

The traveller’s visa must be deposited at the airport immigration at least one hour before the flight’s arrival. It must also be noted that the airline may require evidence (e.g. a photocopy) before departure that a valid visa awaits the traveller upon arrival.

Hotchocolatey: Thanks every1 in da house for this thread. I want to live and work in Dubai and I have learned from this thread that the best bet is to get a visit visa, go there and scout for the job. Now, I am set to go over there to try this but I have the following challenges:
1. A ticketing officer @ Emirate Airlines told me I maybe turned back @ the airport if given a 2 month visit visa since it’s my first time outside the country. He said it is better for me to do a 2 weeks visa or max 1 month. (Though I didn’t tell him I was going to search for a job).
2. I don’t know or have anybody there I just hope to stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and then scout around to see if I can squat with some1 all in a bid to save cost. So how do I do this?
‘‘Visit Visa
The Visit Visa is a renewable visa which also requires the sponsorship of a UAE resident, hotel, travel agency, or company. It is valid for 60days and is renewable for a total stay of up to 90 days.”
3. @ Emirates VI, I was asked to call or go Dubai Visa Processing Centre Lekki that that is where I can get 60 days visa.
Please house help me, guys in Dubai already I really need your help/advice. I pray all work out well, I hope to make my journey early next month (October) I'm waiting. Thank you all.

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Festus2black: 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
A frd of my who lives and work in d uae aply for an entry permit visa for me which as been wit me since d first day of dis month nd I dnt kw if it as started countin or is from d day of my arrival. Nd also I dnt kw if is beter dan tourist visa in terms of securing a job since u said it valid for two weeks. Respond pls
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by bobkezel(m): 1:11am On Sep 18, 2014
Festus2black: A frd of my who lives and work in d uae aply for an entry permit visa for me which as been wit me since d first day of dis month nd I dnt kw if it as started countin or is from d day of my arrival. Nd also I dnt kw if is beter dan tourist visa in terms of securing a job since u said it valid for two weeks. Respond pls
u can't apply or get a job with an entry permit. Opt for tourist or visit visa rather. There should be an expiry date on the entry permit,so you can't enter uae after that expiry date. But if you enter uae within the date, then your visa starts reading afresh from the day u entered.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justi4jesu(f): 5:58am On Sep 18, 2014
hotchocolatey:
‘‘Visit Visa
3. @ Emirate VI, I was asked to call or go Dubai Visa Processing Centre Lekki that that is where I can get 60 days visa.
Please house help me, guys in Dubai already I really need your help/advice. I pray all work out well, I hope to make my journey early next month (October), I'm waiting. Thank you all.

1 month Extendable tourist visa is advised, its still same thing as 2 months visa because while you are in Dubai towards the end of the 1month you can still remain inside dubai and extend the same 1 month visa for an extra cost.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by mrramadan(m): 6:05am On Sep 18, 2014
omoteamac: lolsss...no mind mrramadan jare...300k?na wa oooo...and now way him don know say uae no make sense,make him come back come set up business and STAY fr naija nau... Lolsss

Never will people understand that small businesses(like buying and selling cannot thrive in naija EXCEPT if you are planning to mak it look big by adding more fund...maybe you can talk of rendering services sha(e.g teaching,driving,photography,repairs etc).

My brother, I know wetin I dey talk. Buying and selling can thrive well if you understand it and if you sell the right thing to the right people. So oga abeg think well b4 you say something. because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wont work for another person. wink smiley

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 18, 2014
mrramadan:

My brother, I know wetin I dey talk. Buying and selling can thrive well if you understand it and if you sell the right thing to the right people. So oga abeg think well b4 you say something. because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it wont work for another person. wink smiley
lolssss...ok,i will tink well befr i say somtin next time...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Festus2black: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2014
He said I can aply for labour card dat will enable me secure a job

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.