Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,663 members, 7,965,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:27 PM

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries (676894 Views)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by trusted(m): 11:40pm On Jul 02, 2013
Anyone who oppose this motion is an enemy of the house, this is a great and welcome idea. Igwe please i will need this so called Palace Service. I plan to leave Nigeria by 20th, of this month. Ogakpaktapakta abeg o, how we fit talk to make all neccessary arangement.
ogakpatakpata: @serekemi and Abiola balogun........thanks for supporting the motion from the palace........am glad we have brought sanity to this thread, enough of our members suffering on arrival in Dubai.....am still expecting more support or opposition to this motion, and victorgr8t and all members of the house keep your vote or opposition coming in , thanks ...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:09am On Jul 03, 2013
@kaffy4tope

You need to remove the ad in your signature, that is against the forum rule. You will be banned until you do that
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2013
@All

I was just going through some posts here now and came across the idea brought up by goodtalk and supported by ogakpatakpata and few others. I'm not comfortable with this idea, this is going to bring division here and in other threads in this section where people have being rendering help yrs before this particular thread was created free without charge.If this idea is emulated around this forum then it will turn this section to business center.

If few of you start charging people for your help what do you think other people who have being equally helpful here will do?

I'm really really uncomfortable with this

5 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by trusted(m): 1:16am On Jul 03, 2013
It is beta to pay just a $100 to people who are ready to sacrifice their time to help than to pay hundreds of $ to scammer. I think justwise don't understand what it takes to be in no mans land without any help. Even the service is not by force or compulsory for anybody. These people av been there with years of xperience they know what it takes to survive there. How do you expect them to come and pick a person at the airport and to the hotel with their money? I will be one of the set of people that will benefit from the Palace Services by God grace. This is one of the benefit and advantange we look up to on this forum it is a great and welcome idea, we should all encourage and support it.
justwise: @All

I was just going through some posts here now and came across the idea brought up by goodtalk and supported by ogakpatakpata and few others. I'm not comfortable with this idea, this is going to bring division here and in other threads in this section where people have being rendering help yrs before this particular thread was created free without charge.If this idea is emulated around this forum then it will turn this section to business center.

If few of you start charging people for your help what do you think other people who have being equally helpful here will do?

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 03, 2013
@Justwise,...........l really do understand your worries and concern, the writer personally don't charge anybody money for service l render in all my years of international travelling, the reason the writer supported the motion was based on the peculiarity of the situation in Dubai, which so many of our members can attest to, the writer have seen countless Nigerians who fell victims on arrival just by meeting wrong people who misled and got them stranded, that was why the writer volunteered to personally supervise and co-ordinate the whole process myself from Dubai as much as time and office engagement allows me, the writer also want to add that this is a pilot scheme and if it doesn't work, then, l will back out of it, the person the house suggested is also known to me in Dubai and l can vouch for him that he wont betray the trust the house has for him, but if you have a better idea to this motion, please feel free to share it here but if you still insist that you are not comfortable with the whole process, l guess we may have to forget it totally, the motive for this motion was not to make money or enrich anybody but rather to help reduce the challenge a new arrivee faces in Dubai, again, no member in Dubai will agree to spend his/her money to go to the airport to welcome or guide a new arrivee
justwise: @All

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:47am On Jul 03, 2013
@jammyng.............am so sorry for your predicament and really touched with your condition, the reason l haven't been able to respond was because of the disappointment l had few weeks back, due to my position in my organisation, my HR suggested l bring a house-keeper, and l had 2people in mind, that is you and one other guy who is also in a similar condition like yours, l was about telling you to PM, only for my HR to tell me he doesn't want me to bring people from my country or Africa, l was really disappointed, he said he prefers l recommend filipino's to him, so it really put me in a tight corner, l have also used my position to contact several HR'S l know one on one for you,but their body language is pointing towards cash before they can employ you and what they are asking from me is on the high side, the mattrass job posted by kaffy4tope is also similar, l spoke with the contact person for that company yesterday and he was also demanding for money before he will employ, Dubai has really changed, it wasn't like this before, most of this HR'S are using the desperations of immigrant to demand for money before they employ anybody, this is really sad............l don't really want you to go back but from the look of things, l guess this might be the best decision for you, l wouldn't want you to lose your job back in Nigeria while at the same time been stranded or becoming an illegal migrant in Dubai.............goodluck
jammyng: you really understand my situation. I have friends here who hav stayed for two months and went back with nothing and no job. Some out of shame decides to stay illegal because they hav wat we cal KK visa here. There's no guarantee of a job in the second month except God really intervenes. I better use the money I hav and buy stuffs to sell in Nigeria. I can still raise money and come back again if God wishes.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by goodtalk(m): 6:33am On Jul 03, 2013
ASPchris: my guy, is like u dont understand what the guy is saying, that he collected 1month absent or something like that, from his work in Nigeria and it is almost completed. So u still suggest for him to stay and loose his job, (haba). This really wrong suggestion. Pls try and come back to Nigeria my brother as soon as possible so u dont loose ur job.(he who fights to run, live to fight another day ) be wise!!!
oga olopa chris! Are u sure you read my first post to jeremyng? He said his abuja job pays him 30 thousand naira and t'he kaffi4topes job offer will pay him 60,000 naira! So which does he go for? You tell me! Easy mathematics, before you thorw in t'he towel and return back home atleast you will try all ends, i told him to discuss with kaffi4tope find out how to get that job if possible use his balance cash to pay t'he HR to get t'he job, i believe if he gets t'he job they will help him get his work visa and accomodation and he can move on from there, my brother pity thus not solve problems its easy for me to say pele o jeremmyng t'he lord is your strenth pls return to your 30,000 job in abuja but my spirit thus not agree with that and if am t'he one i will not do that. Pls jeremyng give us t'he true position so we can better advise you, if you feel t'he kaffi job will not be okay let us know, if you feel t'he money they are asking to get t'he job is more than you can afford let us no t'he amount, pls stop telling us you have friends in dubai that have not been able to get jobs, so u must use you balance cash to buy tins to bring home to sell. T'he altmost choice lies with u! Stay blessed! If i may ask how many days are left on your visa?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oneshowguy: 6:40am On Jul 03, 2013
Optimisticgondy: I'm completely in support of the arrangement Igwe. But let me ask if, for instance, 2 or 3 people arrive together at the same time like my cousins want to do, will they pay 100dollars each or 100dollars altogether?
Gud day guys,I really appriciate. Nd support the good effort of the house to assist the new arrives.but I think charging a group of let's say 3 @ $100 each on arrivial dosent sound to logical to me.since the keffy will b charged for per distance travelled not by d numbers of people in d taxi.so I suggest an additional charge of $50 can b charged for d group of 3,since d amount charged is for keffys transportation.well dats my own view to the house.ve a wonderful day
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 03, 2013
@oneshowguy...........thanks for your suggestion, l think it makes sense, l also thought about it yesterday, l guess the house might go with this latest suggestion,but the bigger problem now is that Justwise seems not to be comfortable with the arrangement, and l guess this issue might have to be down played for now until we are able to get a possible and easy way around it, l understand the concern of justwise and l respect his opinion as well........enjoy ur day
oneshowguy:
Gud day guys,I really appriciate. Nd support the good effort of the house to assist the new arrives.but I think charging a group of let's say 3 @ $100 each on arrivial dosent sound to logical to me.since the keffy will b charged for per distance travelled not by d numbers of people in d taxi.so I suggest an additional charge of $50 can b charged for d group of 3,since d amount charged is for keffys transportation.well dats my own view to the house.ve a wonderful day

1 Like

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by oneshowguy: 7:13am On Jul 03, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @oneshowguy...........thanks for your suggestion, l think it makes sense, l also thought about it yesterday, l guess the house might go with this latest suggestion,but the bigger problem now is that Justwise seems not to be comfortable with the arrangement, and l guess this issue might have to be down played for now until we are able to get a possible and easy way around it, l understand the concern of justwise and l respect his opinion as well........enjoy ur day
Thanks igwe 4 considering my suggestion. I also reason n understand d concerns of justwise.you know you might have a clean heart but smother people cld capitalize on this nd use it as an avenue to swindle people(dubai4dollar).so it has to b a gradual nd well planed process.it cld b test run,nd d moderator can get feedback from d arrives to know the level of satisfaction they got from it.well they say change is d only constant tin in life,cld b in d right or wrong direction.so there is no harm trying justwise,it only gives u more responsibility.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 03, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind and wise comment.......Justwise has a valid point and l also respect his opinions,worries and concern, l am sure solution to this issue will gradually pop -out.....thanks a bunch.....although, you hv been very far from the palace, l hope you dont allow me fine u...lolz
oneshowguy:
Thanks igwe 4 considering my suggestion. I also reason n understand d concerns of justwise.you know you might have a clean heart but smother people cld capitalize on this nd use it as an avenue to swindle people(dubai4dollar).so it has to b a gradual nd well planed process.it cld b test run,nd d moderator can get feedback from d arrives to know the level of satisfaction they got from it.well they say change is d only constant tin in life,cld b in d right or wrong direction.so there is no harm trying justwise,it only gives u more responsibility.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 7:40am On Jul 03, 2013
goodtalk: oga olopa chris! Are u sure you read my first post to jeremyng? He said his abuja job pays him 30 thousand naira and t'he kaffi4topes job offer will pay him 60,000 naira! So which does he go for? You tell me! Easy mathematics, before you thorw in t'he towel and return back home atleast you will try all ends, i told him to discuss with kaffi4tope find out how to get that job if possible use his balance cash to pay t'he HR to get t'he job, i believe if he gets t'he job they will help him get his work visa and accomodation and he can move on from there, my brother pity thus not solve problems its easy for me to say pele o jeremmyng t'he lord is your strenth pls return to your 30,000 job in abuja but my spirit thus not agree with that and if am t'he one i will not do that. Pls jeremyng give us t'he true position so we can better advise you, if you feel t'he kaffi job will not be okay let us know, if you feel t'he money they are asking to get t'he job is more than you can afford let us no t'he amount, pls stop telling us you have friends in dubai that have not been able to get jobs, so u must use you balance cash to buy tins to bring home to sell. T'he altmost choice lies with u! Stay blessed! If i may ask how many days are left on your visa?
i greet dis honourable house! ichie goodtalk,weldone! u ve spoken well. oga ASPchris, thanks 4 ur concern. @ kaffy4tope, what do u think? @ jammyng, what do u think about d words of ichie goodtalk? is dis mattress company job nt realistic? including dat of d HM? u think, staying 1 more month in dubai wouldnt get u a job.... btween now and 2morow, u can still make a good decision.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 7:41am On Jul 03, 2013
i really appreciate what you guys are doing in this forum...i like the ideal, bcus they have fraud most people by telling them that they we help them with accommodation stuff and working stuff...paying $100 is not much people can save from all this fraudster it we be better for the new comer, is a great ideal..bcus very soon me too is coming to dubai i may need help also..thanks once again for the ideal....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 03, 2013
@dapelua..........Thanks a million for your comments........we are still working to see how best we assist people, is not really about the money, but to make sure guys arriving Dubai for the first time are not prey to con men, that is why l respect the opinion of everybody including that of the moderator........l am certain we will get a better solution
dapelua: i really appreciate what you guys are doing in this forum...i like the ideal, bcus they have fraud most people by telling them that they we help them with accommodation stuff and working stuff...paying $100 is not much people can save from all this fraudster it we be better for the new comer, is a great ideal..bcus very soon me too is coming to dubai i may need help also..thanks once again for the ideal....
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2013
@ogakpatakpata thanks for your reply...am not talking about the money, am just talking of benefit that is there..so that we can be happy together...thanks..i hope it we be well sha
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2013
okay.............thanx.
dapelua: @ogakpatakpata thanks for your reply...am not talking about the money, am just talking of benefit that is there..so that we can be happy together...thanks..i hope it we be well sha
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 03, 2013
@dapelua..........hope there is no problem?...........you can send me a PM through nairaland and l will respond, l wouldn't like to drop my personal contact on this forum as it is against the rules......thanks.
dapelua: @ogakpatakpata can we have private chat?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2013
@ henrimoto,jammyng,goodtalk and all.............just received a call from kaffy4tope and he told me the mattrass job openings is closed, the company needed 8guys and they have gotten the required numbers they wanted.............
henrimoto: i greet dis honourable house! ichie goodtalk,weldone! u ve spoken well. oga ASPchris, thanks 4 ur concern. @ kaffy4tope, what do u think? @ jammyng, what do u think about d words of ichie goodtalk? is dis mattress company job nt realistic? including dat of d HM? u think, staying 1 more month in dubai wouldnt get u a job.... btween now and 2morow, u can still make a good decision.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by dapelua(m): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2013
@ogakpatakpata i understand you i will do that...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:35am On Jul 03, 2013
trusted: It is beta to pay just a $100 to people who are ready to sacrifice their time to help than to pay hundreds of $ to scammer. I think justwise don't understand what it takes to be in no mans land without any help. Even the service is not by force or compulsory for anybody. These people av been there with years of xperience they know what it takes to survive there. How do you expect them to come and pick a person at the airport and to the hotel with their money? I will be one of the set of people that will benefit from the Palace Services by God grace. This is one of the benefit and advantange we look up to on this forum it is a great and welcome idea, we should all encourage and support it.

I know what it means to be in foreign land with nobody to help, its part of travel history and something anybody should think carefully before living Nigeria.

I also know what it means to fall into the hands of Nigerian parasites who promises new comers heaven and earth and milk them dry.

If you think that somebody will pick you from the airport, get you accommodation and job for a 'small' fees then you are living in cocoland.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by leboss6(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2013
I am not in support of new arrivee's paying $100 or any amount of money for airport pick ups......this thread has been a diy thread from day 1 and I am amused that all of a sudden am reading about money been paid especially by the very campaigners of the DIY method which has proven very successful, if I can secure my Visa without agent in this volatile Naija I wonder why I will have to pay someone for airport pick and hotel search, when its not like hotels are invincible, am sure they have names , I also assume airports taxis should have fixed prices to certain distances, for example there should be an average price for a ride from the airport to say deira, and other places, that information is what we should share, also names of cheap hotels and the areas they are located in should also be shared by our brothers on ground in Dubai, it really is not a bad idea though , but paying any form of money defeats the DIY tenets of this thread .

4 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Tgud3: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2013
@ogapatakpata pls I want to ask If UAE issues new Entry permit number to new visa application or they just continue with the permit no on my previous visa to issue another one?. The reason why I asked is that I applied for a new visa last week but out of curiosity I decided to check my previous visa permit entry validity online to know If it has been canceled because I didn't travel to dubai when the previous visa was issued(something came up and couldn't travel) but I saw something like this 'ENTRY PERMIT IS VALID TO ENTER UAE
BEFORE (UAE\Date\Time) 28-07-2013' I am confused because the previous visa already expired on jun 12, I don't know why its still VALID and is it going to affect my new visa application?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 03, 2013
@leboss6,.............l guess the idea has been dropped, it was a suggestion, and it seems some are for it and some are against it...............but in my own opinion, l suggest we drop the idea.........and continue the way we are, whoever has info for cheap hotels/accomodation and all that stuff should drop it openly.......thanx.
leboss6: I am not in support of new arrivee's paying $100 or any amount of money for airport pick ups......this thread has been a diy thread from day 1 and I am amused that all of a sudden am reading about money been paid especially by the very campaigners of the DIY method which has proven very successful, if I can secure my Visa without agent in this volatile Naija I wonder why I will have to pay someone for airport pick and hotel search, when its not like hotels are invincible, am sure they have names , I also assume airports taxis should have fixed prices to certain distances, for example there should be an average price for a ride from the airport to say deira, and other places, that information is what we should share, also names of cheap hotels and the areas they are located in should also be shared by our brothers on ground in Dubai, it really is not a bad idea though , but paying any form of money defeats the DIY tenets of this thread .

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2013
honestly, l have no clue, why don't you contact the UAE visa application office in Nigeria, they will be in a better position to unravel the mystery......goodluck
T_gud3: @ogapatakpata pls I want to ask If UAE issues new Entry permit number to new visa application or they just continue with the permit no on my previous visa to issue another one?. The reason why I asked is that I applied for a new visa last week but out of curiosity I decided to check my previous visa permit entry validity online to know If it has been canceled because I didn't travel to dubai when the previous visa was issued(something came up and couldn't travel) but I saw something like this 'ENTRY PERMIT IS VALID TO ENTER UAE
BEFORE (UAE\Date\Time) 28-07-2013' I am confused because the previous visa already expired on jun 12, I don't know why its still VALID and is it going to affect my new visa application?
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:52am On Jul 03, 2013
ogakpatakpata: @Justwise,...........l really do understand your worries and concern, the writer personally don't charge anybody money for service l render in all my years of international travelling, the reason the writer supported the motion was based on the peculiarity of the situation in Dubai, which so many of our members can attest to, the writer have seen countless Nigerians who fell victims on arrival just by meeting wrong people who misled and got them stranded, that was why the writer volunteered to personally supervise and co-ordinate the whole process myself from Dubai as much as time and office engagement allows me, the writer also want to add that this is a pilot scheme and if it doesn't work, then, l will back out of it, the person the house suggested is also known to me in Dubai and l can vouch for him that he wont betray the trust the house has for him, but if you have a better idea to this motion, please feel free to share it here but if you still insist that you are not comfortable with the whole process, l guess we may have to forget it totally, the motive for this motion was not to make money or enrich anybody but rather to help reduce the challenge a new arrivee faces in Dubai, again, no member in Dubai will agree to spend his/her money to go to the airport to welcome or guide a new arrivee

ogakpatakpata i have enjoyed your contributions from page one of this thread as well as few others who come in here to write pages just to help other members selflessly and i never had any reason to question your intention but this idea brought by a ' travel/visa agent' and supported by another 'travel/visa agent' is about to dent your image here.

To start with, i don't believe that the individual who brought up this idea will be able to deliver that package, pick somebody up from the airport, get accommodation and job within the duration of the visa given to the person.

Secondly kaffy4tope who supported this idea is doing the same thing already as its clearly written on his profile and signature,

goodtalk is a travel/visa agent and i don't want these individuals to use the section to extend their business idea as this will go against the section rule.

We started this thread to render help to Nigerians free of charge and this idea has being walking all thanks to some people here and i hope we don't change the direction by introducing money into it.

2 Likes

Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 03, 2013
@Justwise..................thanks well understood.......the idea has been dropped totally...........even before your comment, l have withdrawn my support for the motion.....
justwise:

ogakpatakpata i have enjoyed your contributions from page one of this thread as well as few others who come in here to write pages just to help other members selflessly and i never had any reason to question your intention but this idea brought by a ' travel/visa agent' and supported by another 'travel/visa agent' is about to dent your image here.

To start with, i don't believe that the individual who brought up this idea will be able to deliver that package, pick somebody up from the airport, get accommodation and job within the duration of the visa given to the person.

Secondly kaffy4tope who supported this idea is doing the same thing already as its clearly written on his profile and signature,

goodtalk is a travel/visa agent and i don't want these individuals to use the section to extend their business idea as this will go against the section rule.

We started this thread to render help to Nigerians free of charge and this idea has being walking all thanks to some people here and i hope we don't change the direction by introducing money into it.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by henrimoto(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2013
justwise:

I know what it means to be in foreign land with nobody to help, its part of travel history and something anybody should think carefully before living Nigeria.

I also know what it means to fall into the hands of Nigerian parasites who promises new comers heaven and earth and milk them dry.

If you think that somebody will pick you from the airport, get you accommodation and job for a 'small' fees then you are living in cocoland.
@ justwise. c.s.o. i greet! thanks 4 pointing out dat area which we need 2 know. and thanks 4 d revelations. dats why u 're d chief security officer here. just as d igwee prof. said d.... motion/suggestion has been dropped 2 protect d goodwill/motive of d originators of dis thread. but..., justwise, biko.. which one is living in cocoland ? loll,*bros, laugh catch me* is it another island in lagos? @ house. pls, let d tension in d house die down now. igweee! i greet! our palace will nt catch fire...
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 03, 2013
Thanks all for your comments. If I see a job that will collect maybe 1k and give me a job, I'm willing to pay. I have 2days left of my visa but I'll go tomorrow.
Re: QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:00am On Jul 03, 2013
@henrimoto ............ u never seem to amaze me, always turning burning issues to commedy/fun, the palace will not catch fire,we are a large family,we disagree to agree,the palace still remains open for all
henrimoto: @ justwise. c.s.o. i greet! thanks 4 pointing out dat area which we need 2 know. and thanks 4 d revelations. dats why u 're d chief security officer here. just as d igwee prof. said d.... motion/suggestion has been dropped 2 protect d goodwill/motive of d originators of dis thread. but..., justwise, biko.. which one is living in cocoland ? loll,*bros, laugh catch me* is it another island in lagos? @ house. pls, let d tension in d house die down now. igweee! i greet! our palace will nt catch fire...

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (401)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.