Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,501 members, 7,881,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” (27365 Views)

funny picture of Mamadou Sakho Of Liverpool Dancing Skelewu / Thomas Mlambo Formerly Of Supersport Joins SABC / Mamadou Gaye: Friend or Foe Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
The ever blunt Gaye, no wonder he has been conspicuously missing all this while, I wonder what he ll have said if he was on set for the Togo Vs Algeria match and Ghana Vs Burkina faso match as well
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by peckhamboi: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2013
So that's why I haven't seen this guy for ages on Super Sport. Shame on SS for bowing to Kalusha.

Don't worry Mammadou, you will be first guy that I employ when I start my new sports channel in 2030.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by 5much(m): 9:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
D truth is indeed bitter. Kalusha couldn't stand d truth.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by demana: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2013
its really sad when things like this happen,buh its dominant all over the world,buh the fact remains that the truth never gets to be glorified
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by question(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mamadou:
CAF is the only continental body,where our countries spend millions of dollars to qualify and play the nations cup.At the end of the tournament ,you win the cup and there is no incentive,no prize money.Everywhere in the world you get enough incentive to cover all your cost.Go to your national television and ask them how much do they pay for the african nations cup tv rights?For you information,for each nation cup,CAF trough a satelite campany CAF makes between 40 millions Euro to 50 Millions.Each african TV station must pay his due to an offshore bank account into the Bahamas or Swistzerland>After each nations cup,the those banks account are closed .Go and get the 2006,2008 and 2010 contact between the CAF Tv right holder and you national TV station.Time does not allow me to go further.
above quoted in feb 2011.

2 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by deboydebo: 10:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
I will really miss Mamaudu's analysis, he is always raw.........Really wanted to hear what he thinks about the eagles as they will win 2moro. Hope they resolve it .
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by vandarsar(m): 10:09pm On Feb 09, 2013
So much for politics in African football.
Now I see how Zambia won in 2011.
Weaken the competition by enacting series of rules that brings the likes of Niger Rep, Libya, and the rest to the nation's cup.
I also noticed some emotional officiating on the parts of the refs towards the Zambians. But not to deny the fact Zambians merit their throphy cause they are one of the most consistent nations at competition a winner's medal to their name.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
Mammadou and peterside Idah are the main reason supersports is great. I don't think the programme should suspend him cos he was put their to air HIS view not CAF's or anybodys!!! I say bring him back

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by ochukoccna: 10:24pm On Feb 09, 2013
M Gaye has the reputation of been a loose canon but a canon who spits truugh
Is he wrong for saying CAF is rotten in&out?
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Revolva(m): 10:43pm On Feb 09, 2013
Na dem sabi ... I don't care all I want is d cup home to naija
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by sugar001(f): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
I miss him sha.....
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Jeflox: 11:04pm On Feb 09, 2013
E yaaa,sorryyyyy. go and find anoda work na.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Parishpriest1: 11:16pm On Feb 09, 2013
There's no difference between CAF and PDP. Their major similarity is corruption. Wish we ve got somebody like him in Naija, who's gonna say his mind patterning issues in our sports. Imagine 230 million dollars or so, just grew wings and disappeared from the NFF glass house. Matches are won in the boardroom in naija's globacom premier league. I pray SS gets him back immediately. No M. Gaye, no thursday soccer africa.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Adebeeyee(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
Miss the assasin on set Jare. Such a blunt and funny analyst. Besides, Hayatu since 1988 you've been CAF presido. Die there then
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by sshalom(m): 12:45am On Feb 10, 2013
Mamadou Gaye is a good but not a great panelist. Often times than not, he fails to realize where to put sentiments aside and face facts. I have listened to him make terrible comments about Nigeria in the past that most of us here would be shocked to hear. His criticisms against the soft penalty awarded in favour of Zambia while 'sweet' to the hearing of soccer loving Nigerians should be exposed for what it really was; his disappointment that Cote d'Ivoire didn't win the last edition of the Nations Cup.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Jarus(m): 3:24am On Feb 10, 2013
I suspected this, since not seeing Momodu feature on SS studio again after that match.

I also saw Bwalya's twitter comment that evening and Zambians' vitperations on Supersports facebook page that day.

That said, both of them are wrong.

Nothing wrong in an analyst describing officiating as 'dubious and shameful', Oliseh also described Ghana-Burkina Faso refereeing as 'disgusting and shameful'.

Momodu however went too far openly accusing CAF and Kalusha of amorous relationship without any proof. It's like those beer-parlour accusations by Nigerians that Hayatou 'gave' Eto'o African footballer of the year awards. You don't say such things on formal platforms, except you have hard proof.

Kalusha also disappointed with the report of planning to mobilize to attack SS office is Momodu was not given the boot. That's very unprofessional.

All these said, I'm not a fan of Momodu too but I enjoy his banters, his comics, his smattering English and knowledge of African football.

If Zambians think he hate them, then what do they want Nigerians to say? And Ghanaians too? He has always made fun of Nigerian teams and recently Ghanaians, writing them off.

I wish he was in studio the day Nigeria beat his CIV. He so much believes in that CIV team and almost always crying in studio anytime they disappoint him.

5 Likes

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by aieromon(m): 4:29am On Feb 10, 2013
Thank you for your great support and contribution to our beautiful game so far during this Afcon. We all have mixed feelings, high and low, happiness and sadness, hope and despair. But at the end it will be one winner -- the football that brought us together.
Who expected Ivory Coast, Cameroon our greatest hope in the coming World Cup in African soil after hundred years to go out of the Afcon in the first round?

In the eve of Italy world cup in 1990, Cameroon was kick out of the Afcon in the first round. It was a general outcry in Cameroon and Africa. Cameroon went to the World Cup, beat the mighty Argentina with the likes of Diego Maradona, Batista and Buruchaga to reach the quarterfinal for the first time in African football history. Please don't read too much in the performance of our various teams in the Afcon. Egypte that dominate the continental show piece fails so often to make it on the world stage.

The Africa Cup of Nations is dying a slow and painful death. CAF is killing the game. Don't be surprised in the near future if our top stars like Eto'o, Drogba, Essien, Ziani don't show up for the biggest celebration of African football because of CAF’s insistence to stage the Afcon every two years.

After 50 years of existence CAF is the only continental football body whose marketing rights are exclusive to a non African company called Sport Five, a French owned company. Our nations spend a fortune to prepare their respective country for the biennial showpiece. For example Ivory Coast spend about $4 millions (US) to prepare The Elephants for this Afcon. Nigeria spent at least double that amount. When you win the trophy in Angola you will not get more than half a million US dollars.

You win the South African professional league you get a cheque of more than a million US dollars. To mention two countries that participated in the Afcon, but the fans at home could not watch their team in the national television because CAF is selling the TV rights through its agent to the tune of almost two millions US dollars. A big country like Nigeria will be charged at lest double.

For the FIFA World Cup each African country pays less than half a million US dollars for the TV rights. Where is CAF putting all this moneyhuh Please help me find out.

People are talking of team like Ivory Coast not performing well at the Afcon. When Drogba earn the Afcon prize money in a week and is preparing to play in the biggest stage of world football in June 2010 in South Africa. What will motivate him to take unnecessary risk to have his leg broken by a local league Egyptian player?

The same apply to all the players trading in top league in Europe. Yaya Toure might not win the Afcon, but when he wins the Spanish La Liga, the European champion's league, the club World Cup. Can you compare those honours with the Afcon? In terms of financial returns, in terms of glory, in terms of endorsement, in terms of fame, winning any trophy in Europe will give you more credit than the Afcon.

Today any sport is business and a bread basket for everybody involved in it. No fan or supporter access to any game for free. Why is CAF not putting the money where their mouth is and wants these hard working players earning their money in a very difficult and hostile environment to sacrifice and come every two years to risk their future and enrich few greedy officials in the name of the beautiful game we love? The time has come for us to stand as one man and make sure CAF don't burry our Afcon.

Honestly speaking the excitement the continent is awaiting is not this boring and poorly managed Afcon that CAF uses to give some credibility and respectability to some African dictators that ruined our continent, the World Cup in land of freedom, peace, milk and honey called South Africa. Woza 2010 Woza

Mamadou Gaye,2010

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by SirVee(m): 4:57am On Feb 10, 2013
This news is so disheartening. I am so shocked of the intolerance by Kalusha and the FAZ. The penalty in the Nigeria - Zambia game was really soft. And Mamadou Gaye was right in saying so. The officiating in the 2013 AFCON tournament has been really awful! So many examples abound to show this. It is high time CAF upped their game, else they would lose 'value and credibility (see the Ghana vs Burkina Faso match).

And why must Issa Hayatou remain CAF president come March 2013? Let Africa think about this.

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by metti(m): 7:08am On Feb 10, 2013
grin tongue grin tongue
Ibanga p:
U dey mad ni, if no be say SOTON make my belle sweet me now u 4 gerrit hot frm me now. Nansence.
slowpoke!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by spicyJ(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2013
undecidedI so much love mamadou, I just hope they call him back as soon as possible
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Shaw007(m): 9:58am On Feb 10, 2013
Africa Na yeye,i swear to God!!!
So when someone says something you don't Like,the next thing is suspensIon,especially when he's actually telling the truth

I'm saying it again,Africa Na yeye!! And na Like this den wan wiN worLd-cup abi?? Okay . . .ur children's children go OLd!!
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by walata2011(m): 11:08am On Feb 10, 2013
Where is the freedom of speech? Whatever Mohamodu Gaye said it's his own opinion about the match and the politics in CAF.
It will be very disappointing if he was suspended based on his view of the match. We all knew how disappointing officiating have been at AFCON2013, I am also of the opinion that the referees can not be these bad unless they are acting based on the script from CAF. If Hayatou and his cohorts at CAF are brave enough,they should come public to discuss all these atrocious officiating.
I am in support of Gaye and will also challenge supersport for their views on the whole saga.
Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2013
Jarus: I suspected this, since not seeing Momodu feature on SS studio again after that match.

I also saw Bwalya's twitter comment that evening and Zambians' vitperations on Supersports facebook page that day.

That said, both of them are wrong.

Nothing wrong in an analyst describing officiating as 'dubious and shameful', Oliseh also described Ghana-Burkina Faso refereeing as 'disgusting and shameful'.

Momodu however went too far openly accusing CAF and Kalusha of amorous relationship without any proof. It's like those beer-parlour accusations by Nigerians that Hayatou 'gave' Eto'o African footballer of the year awards. You don't say such things on formal platforms, except you have hard proof.

Kalusha also disappointed with the report of planning to mobilize to attack SS office is Momodu was not given the boot. That's very unprofessional.

All these said, I'm not a fan of Momodu too but I enjoy his banters, his comics, his smattering English and knowledge of African football.

If Zambians think he hate them, then what do they want Nigerians to say? And Ghanaians too? He has always made fun of Nigerian teams and recently Ghanaians, writing them off.

I wish he was in studio the day Nigeria beat his CIV. He so much believes in that CIV team and almost always crying in studio anytime they disappoint him.

I just went through the comment without checking the poster...had to scrolled up to check and as usual am not disappointed...you are an all-rounder

1 Like

Re: Kalusha Gets Mamadou Suspended From Supersport, Calls Analyst “silly” by mbulela: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2013
Issa Hayatou will die a painful and slow death if he does not repent from his devilish ways of enslaving African football. The greed of the man and his cabal are mind boggling.

[b]Millions giggled at the footage of Confederation of African Football (CAF) president Issa Hayatou catching a power nap in his VVVIP seat at Moses Mabhida Stadium during the enthralling 2-2 draw between South Africa and Angola a fortnight ago.

But the last giggle will always be Hayatou's. While the rest of his African football empire is sweating and hustling and trying to play proper football on Mbombela Beach, the 66-year-old Cameroonian slumbers like a happy baby. He has no worries.

The Africa Nations Cup product is more lucrative than ever, and his citadel of corrupt power remains as safe as Buckingham Palace.

If anything, Hayatou's impunity is even greater in the wake of revelations that endemic match-fixing in European football has infiltrated the hallowed heights of the Uefa Champions League.

With such a massive scandal set to preoccupy the media and the international policing agencies for months and years to come, who will bother to challenge Fifa supremo Sepp Blatter and Hayatou's respective programmes of ingeniously sanitised patronage (plus a few old-school bungs to keep things real).

Their modus operandi involves doling out millions in no-strings "development funding" to rotten association bosses, in return for votes and miscellaneous prezzies. It's all very noble, and some of the dosh actually does trickle down to building artificial pitches in the brokest member countries.

In the grand tradition of multinational capital, CAF and Fifa are masters at outsourcing both their scams and their costs. And this year's Nations Cup was another feat of daylight robbery dolled up as benevolence.

Improved on balance
The tournament's brand has arguably improved on balance. Some stellar football has been beamed to more than a billion viewers around the world, captured with consistently superb camerawork, with South Africa's magnificent World Cup stadiums as a backdrop.

That sexy sheen was more than a bit scuffed by the fiasco of the Mbombela Stadium pitch, which all but ruined a fifth of the fixtures, and the small crowds. Public apathy and a moribund economy were as much to blame for the turnout as the shoddy marketing efforts made by the local organising committee.

But the crowds for non-host fixtures are always puny at Nations Cup finals – it doesn't bother Hayatou and his cabal in the slightest. CAF's business model still works a treat – and it works best of all for Hayatou associate Christian Lagnide, a former footballer who owns the private Benin television station LC2.

French TV rights agency SportFive (whose vice-president happens to be Hayatou's son Ibrahim) holds the overall rights to the Nations Cup. It sold on its sub-Saharan broadcast rights for this tournament to LC2, which has proceeded to charge extortionate prices to dozens of national broadcasters – far more than Fifa charges for World Cup rights. It is estimated that LC2 has raked in about €50-million from this tasty racket.

We can safely assume that none of that loot will trickle south of the Limpopo to offset the South African government's hefty bill for staging the tournament, which is pushing R400-million. As the irrepressible Ivorian journalist Mamadou Gaye will tell you, CAF arrived here "with nothing but their suitcases".

And what did South Africa obtain in return for so generously rescuing the tournament from the ruins of the Libyan civil war? Well, we got the chance to unzip our snazzy stadiums again, and flash them at the world. Pristine, elegant and thinly populated, they once again projected South Africa as a society with more money than sense.

Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula got a chance to explore his thesaurus. Bafana got to play some soccer with the big boys.

The Super Eagles showed Bafana how to win when you're winning. It was good clean fun. And with so much peace and love in the air, can we really blame Hayatou for indulging in the occasional erotic daydream about briefcases?[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Bassogog: 27-Year-Old Cameroon Forward To Watch Out For At World Cup / Analysis On Europa League Semifinal Draw / Arsenal Fan Finally Ceases To Be A Fan Of Arsenal Via Open Letter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.