Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,712 members, 7,938,166 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In (12565 Views)

AFROBASKET2015 FINAL: Nigeria Vs. Angola 74 - 65 On 30th August 2015 / Dangote Rewards Super Eagles With N130 Million For Reaching AFCON Final / AWC 2012 Semi-Final: Nigeria Vs South Africa (0 - 1) On Wed November-7-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Gwekzy: 4:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
Its now 13 yrs ago at the National Stadium, Lagos where the rugged indomitable lions of cameroun broke so many hearts..

Its still fresh in my memory. I remember Eto'o scored first and a terrible mistake by Ikesherunmu(not sure of d spelling) gave them a two goal lead courtesy of Patrick Mboma..

At this point everyone was stunned not until Chukwu gave us hope with a well taken goal..Offcourse i ll never forget that piece of brilliance from our ever entertaining Austin Jay Jay Okocha that drew the game level at the stroke of half time...I remember me screaming my heart out..i'll never forget that Goal..

the 2nd half came and one thing still baffles me its how Aghahowa missed from a close range with just seconds remaining..Truth be told those Hulks from cameroun gave us a terrible time in extra time..although i remember papilo getting past Rigobert Song with an unbelievable piece of skill...

Then came the penalty shoot out that completely broke me..I remember papilo and Ikpeba missing from the spot.. Immediately Rigobert song scored the winning penalty kick i burst into tears..I still remember Oliseh crying like a baby and so many others..

13 years after and it still hurts me...But I know come sunday this set of Clique ll make us Proud..I really cant wait to celebrate..Burkina babes cant stop us..Super eagles till Jesus Comes

10 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2013
Actually, the game was played at the National Stadium in Lagos, not the Teslim Balogun stadium.

Anyway, that match was heart-breaking; Ikpeba's penalty 'miss' still rankles me anytime I remember it.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by FineBro(m): 10:03am On Feb 10, 2013
The cup is ours IJN

4 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by valdubem(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2013
B/Faso will trash nigeria today

3 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Ogbuefienubiaka: 10:09am On Feb 10, 2013
I pray we win this time
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Cutekid54: 10:11am On Feb 10, 2013
Am praying seriously d@ we win......... Up EaGlES
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 10, 2013
Where was I 13yrs ago? I can't remember watching that match but whatever happens, I'm sure I'll watch today's final cos it promises to be a wonderful game.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Cutekid54: 10:12am On Feb 10, 2013
Yay... My post is on first page.... The god of football ia wiv SE.... God help 9ja
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Extrazee: 10:14am On Feb 10, 2013
I dey inside church dey pray now. God go help us this time.
I hope keshi no carry "lose for final badluck like siasia".

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by hadecunleh: 10:15am On Feb 10, 2013
Only a super eagles' win tonight can banish that memory from ever troubling my head again. Go make us proud boys!
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 10, 2013
val_dubem: B/Faso will trash nigeria today

Pls do me a favour When Nigeria Wins... Go under the Nearest Tree and Hang Ur-self... grin

13 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by dridowu: 10:17am On Feb 10, 2013
I can't believe it am fasting 4 Super Eagles.........................................anyway sha let me some coffee. Up Super Eagles
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by NaLaugh: 10:19am On Feb 10, 2013
I hope i have time to watch this at work today o.

Random: Who remembers the old legendary tale from when we were kids; about Nigeria's final match with India,
which ended 100 - 1 coz of their potent magic which kept turning the ball into a lion each time it headed for Nigeria's post. grin and how Okwaraji managed to score 1. Haaha grin . Those were the days.

11 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Mization(m): 10:23am On Feb 10, 2013
Mali is a no go area for Nigerians 4-1 reason but Burkinafaso wud be 4-2 reasons. Naija will win dis time without extra time..Quote me.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by oolumide: 10:25am On Feb 10, 2013
@CFCFAN
I don't know y some of u are quick to correct others and u always end up showing ur foolishness. At no where did the poster mentioned teslim balogun in his post. But u conjure it in ur mind and mention it claiming u are correcting him. I think u should read the post again. I wish u better understanding

8 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by stagger: 10:32am On Feb 10, 2013
Gwekzy: Its now 13 yrs ago at the National Stadium, Lagos where the rugged indomitable lions of cameroun broke so many hearts..

Its still fresh in my memory. I remember Eto'o scored first and a terrible mistake by Ikesherunmu(not sure of d spelling) gave them a two goal lead courtesy of Patrick Mboma..

At this point everyone was stunned not until Chukwu gave us hope with a well taken goal..Offcourse i ll never forget that piece of brilliance from our ever entertaining Austin Jay Jay Okocha that drew the game level at the stroke of half time...I remember me screaming my heart out..i'll never forget that Goal..

the 2nd half came and one thing still baffles me its how Aghahowa missed from a close range with just seconds remaining..Truth be told those Hulks from cameroun gave us a terrible time in extra time..although i remember papilo getting past Rigobert Song with an unbelievable piece of skill...

Then came the penalty shoot out that completely broke me..I remember papilo and Ikpeba missing from the spot.. Immediately Rigobert song scored the winning penalty kick i burst into tears..I still remember Oliseh crying like a baby and so many others..

13 years after and it still hurts me...But I know come sunday this set of Clique ll make us Proud..I really cant wait to celebrate..Burkina babes cant stop us..Super eagles till Jesus Comes

Your account of this match is filled with errors.

Ike Shorunmu (this is the spelling) did not make a blunder. Patrick Mboma nutmegged him. Almost every goalkeeper in the world has been at one point or another.

Jay Jay's goal came 5 minutes into the second half. It was Chukwu Ndukwe who pulled our fitst goal back on the stroke of half-time from a sweet pass by Kanu.

The closest misses of the game were Ikpeba's header that grazed the post in the first half of extra time, as well as a shot from an acute angle by Tijani Babangida which Alioum Boukar had to dive backwards into the goal to bring out.

1 Like

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by eklassical(m): 10:37am On Feb 10, 2013
Na Laugh: I hope i have time to watch this at work today o.

Random: Who remembers the old legendary tale from when we were kids; about Nigeria's final match with India,
which ended 100 - 1 coz of their potent magic which kept turning the ball into a lion each time it headed for Nigeria's post. grin and how Okwaraji managed to score 1. Haaha grin . Those were the days.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 10, 2013
oolumide: @CFCFAN
I don't know y some of u are quick to correct others and u always end up showing ur foolishness. At no where did the poster mentioned teslim balogun in his post. But u conjure it in ur mind and mention it claiming u are correcting him. I think u should read the post again. I wish u better understanding

Oga Olumide,

†ђє OP fit don edit †ђє mistake na... ♓smileyώ ℓ̊ wish Nairaland will include d feature that will show modify timeframe oΩ̴ posts...

2 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 10, 2013
stagger:

Your account of this match is filled with errors.

Ike Shorunmu (this is the spelling) did not make a blunder. Patrick Mboma nutmegged him. Almost every goalkeeper in the world has been at one point or another.

Jay Jay's goal came 5 minutes into the second half. It was Chukwu Ndukwe who pulled our fitst goal back on the stroke of half-time from a sweet pass by Kanu.

The closest misses of the game were Ikpeba's header that grazed the post in the first half of extra time, as well as a shot from an acute angle by Tijani Babangida which Alioum Boukar had to dive backwards into the goal to bring out.

bros dis ur memory pass photograph own o cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by busayobrig: 10:40am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by eklassical(m): 10:41am On Feb 10, 2013
Na Laugh: I hope i have time to watch this at work today o.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe. .... That every shots turned into Å lion to d goal keeper...... InBTW , we go win 3 - 0 today,, who wan bet?
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by drlaykay(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2013
Ojo buruku esun gbomimu.that was so much a sad day.the goal scored by cameroun rolled passed between ike shoromu's leg.where I was,I wished I could go close his legs to prevent the ball from scoring.the saddest was victor ikpeba scoring that penalty and wearing a sad look which made the referee thought it wasn't a goal.each time the replay was shown,tears drop from my eyes.lemme stop talking about it before I start crying again.only today's victory can completely heal nigerians of that sad final

3 Likes

Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by changerabey: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2013
Kudus 2 nairalander, 4 bringinn my memory bak...,ice idea also wishinn super eagle a very gudluck..
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by pendusky(m): 10:52am On Feb 10, 2013
CFCfan: Actually, the game was played at the National Stadium in Lagos, not the Teslim Balogun stadium.

Anyway, that match was heart-breaking; Ikpeba's penalty 'miss' still rankles me anytime I remember it.
My mum refused us food that night...it was sad.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by pendusky(m): 10:55am On Feb 10, 2013
busayobrig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31t0ivlzC9g
the 1st thing i heard is, Nigeria is the new champion of Africa...yea we can do it again

endnote
www.nairaland.com/1191469/solve-political-maths
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Crownvilla(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2013
@ all

Didn't the replay of the Ikpeba's penalty show that the ball actually crossed the line? My memory is not 100% but I'm almost certain that one of our disallowed penalties definitely crossed the line!!!
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by Citizen01(f): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2013
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by abdulkayus(m): 11:15am On Feb 10, 2013
I remember dat match vividly. Watch it wit my late father in our sittin room. Mehn, i cant forget dat day. My Dad was xtremely angry and was even cursin d ref for nt awardin dat penalty dat Ikpeba score, bt IKpeba contrubute to dat also by wearin a sad look thinkin d ball didnt pass d line. Hopefully, todays win will erased dat nightmare.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by SIRCONFIDENCE(m): 11:22am On Feb 10, 2013
Whenever Nigeria qualify for AFCON & Cameroun doesn't qualify, Nigeria always win the trophy.
Re: The Last AFCON Final Nigeria Played In by bumdish: 11:25am On Feb 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Sells 25% Ownership To Jim Ratcliffe / Ghana vs USA: [2 - 1] 26th June @ World Cup 2010 / Breaking News - NFF UnveilS New Website (www.nigeriaff.com.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.