Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,696 members, 7,972,584 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:20 PM

Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? (888 Views)

I Wished Evry Nigerian Politician Wud Be Like Tinubu After Watching Documentary / Which Nigerian Politician Has The Finest Wife? / Is This Nigerian Politician A Deranged Person ? Lmao Yall Got To See This Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? by palmwine(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
NEW YORK - Gov. Eliot Spitzer announced Wednesday that he is resigning, completing a spectacular fall from power for a politician whose once-promising career imploded amid allegations that he paid thousands of dollars for high-end prostitutes.

"I look at my time as governor with a sense of what might have been," Spitzer said, with his expressionless wife Silda standing at his side. "There is much more to be done, and I cannot allow my private failings to disrupt the people's work."
Spitzer says his resignation is effective Monday. He will be replaced by Lt. Gov. David Paterson, who will become New York's first black governor.
The scandal erupted two days ago when allegations surfaced that the 48-year-old Spitzer spent thousands of dollars on a call girl at a swanky Washington hotel on the night before Valentine's Day.

MY Question; can a Nigerian Politician do this? When OBJ held onto BOT chairmanship after he don shine pikin wife congo? sorry allege to have done that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/spitzer_prostitution
Re: Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Mar 12, 2008
We are the ones to demand this when we see that we have people in political seats who are not competent enough. I mean we have a democracy. We can see this happen but we have to demand it.
Re: Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? by palmwine(m): 6:48am On Mar 13, 2008
I do hope they listen, OBJ was asked to resign and he refused, Etteh was literarily dragged out of her seat she won't hear any advise to resign. Our leaders have no conscience.
Re: Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? by Kobojunkie: 7:17am On Mar 13, 2008
I mean the very fact that instead of dragging this on and on for no reason alone says the man at least accepts he doomed his own self and stepping down would be best for him at this point. I wait for the day we get people who accept the consequence of their actions easy without trying to make everyone have to deal with their stupidity longer than they should have to.
Re: Can A Nigerian Politician Do This? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:05am On Mar 13, 2008
palmwine:

I do hope they listen, OBJ was asked to resign and he refused, Etteh was literarily dragged out of her seat she won't hear any advise to resign. Our leaders have no conscience.

On issues like this, OBJ is a complete low-life! The man has no restraint and is a disgrace to all fathers.

(1) (Reply)

World Bank Rates Nigeria Low In Doing Business / Efcc To Try 10 Other Ex-govs / Nigeria National Anthem (old In Use: 1960-1978)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.