Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,957 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

American Gangster: Not That Good! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Gangster: Not That Good! (893 Views)

Empire II Premiere Threatened By Lawsuit From American Gangster / Pete Edochie Turns Into Gangster In New Movie Role [B-T-S Photos] / World Premiere Of 'American Gangster' To Benefit Boys & Girls Clubs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Gangster: Not That Good! by SeanT21(f): 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2008
Ok, i love the movie but it was no scarface or Godfather. The comercial made it seem that it was gonna be better than Scarface. When i saw it i was not satisfied but i still like it.

Russel and Denzel put in a movie together, i thought they did a good job but it could be better.
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by bgees(m): 8:21pm On Mar 13, 2008
The only things i liked about american gangster were the way soundtrack blended and the picture.
I was dissappointd.
U watch the likes of godfather,scarface,raging bull ,the departed etc and u hear some very great statements that would make a great quote.but i found no memorable quote watching american gangster.
Martin scorsece would have done better.
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by SeanT21(f): 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2008
I totally agree. It was a good movie but not a classic one!!
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by Raymond88(m): 11:08pm On Mar 13, 2008
bgees:

The only things i liked about american gangster were the way soundtrack blended and the picture.
I was dissappointd.
You watch the likes of godfather,scarface,raging bull ,the departed etc and u hear some very great statements that would make a great quote.but i found no memorable quote watching american gangster.
Martin scorsece would have done better.

That movie is a classic to me, i can't imagine how you could even say that!
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by pein(m): 5:58am On Mar 14, 2008
Good movie not great by any standards tho, but after I Am legend man any movie will seem great,that shit was horrible!
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by SeanT21(f): 8:57pm On Mar 14, 2008
at Pein

I am Legend was a great movie!!
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by naijadiva2(f): 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2008
i didn't watch american gangsta cuz i could care less but a lot of people rushed to see it because they were expecting a whole lot of shooting and killing. people that i talked to didn't like it because they wanted more violence.
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by pein(m): 5:40am On Mar 15, 2008
SeanT21:

at Pein

I am Legend was a great movie!!

Nope!it wassn't.ending was bull,had to watch the second ending just to make sure i don't get nightmares and guess what, it was bull as well.the hype for this movie was just too much and it just spewd fcukery on screen!
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by pein(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2008
so how the Bleep does this relate to the topic
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by bgees(m): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2008
Although,frank lucas was really smart.
And reading thru his biography,he never killed anyone(directly) why did the movie contradict this?
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by zigbo(f): 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2008
naija_diva:

i didn't watch american gangsta because i could care less but a lot of people rushed to see it because they were expecting a whole lot of shooting and killing. people that i talked to didn't like it because they wanted more violence.

tell em to go see the latest rambo,it is ridiculously bloody.
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by Egnite: 8:38pm On Mar 16, 2008
American gangsta CLASSIC or NOT

I'll say in between.

American gangsta is a lovely movie. Its movies like AG that make going to the theater all so lovely.

I hate it when people dis-credit a movie by saying it didn't have what anoda movie had.

COME ON its anoda movie thats why its different. diff words, diff plot, diff cast type.

AG kicks in all ways possible.

First of all, an all round impeccable act from all the cast. From DW to TI.

AG was on point from custumes to slang.

BASED ON A TRUE STORY, so why would you expect gruesome violence like a gang of newyork type thing.

But for me all d violence i wanted to see was put into the intent.

D intent of wantting so much more.

common denzel with armand assante, denzel with russel.

DAT in its on sense is a classic.

i agree RIDLEY SCOTT has pace thing in his movie that seems to build up quickly and simer quickly to. Dats his only fault.

AG is in betwwen for me. But if it came b4, godfather 3 it'll be a classic.
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by iice(f): 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2008
Some movies try to imitate other movies and never quite reach the mark of the original
Errhhh some true stories are brutal and gruesome. . .

The movie was just there for me, nothing special. I watched it for Denzel but i thought his performance was a bit understated
Crowe sucked for me. . .
Only person i liked and who impressed me was Brolin

Egnite:

common denzel with armand assante, denzel with russel.
DAT in its on sense is a classic.

As in they are in the same shot?
Re: American Gangster: Not That Good! by Dreloaded(f): 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
ugh is there any movie more overrated by blacks than ScarFace?

I perosnally thought AG was good for what it was. I give it a 7.5.

(1) (Reply)

Whose Better? / Are You A Nigerian Movie Lover? / Your Favorite Tv Ads !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.