Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,264 members, 7,887,768 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel (767 Views)

Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose / Ogun Gov's Wife Mrs Amosun Warns Nigerians Not To Expect Much From Buhari / Osun Gov Poll Loss Painful – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel by Truequest(m): 4:17pm On Mar 13, 2008
The Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan this morning set aside the ruling of the Ogun State Election Petitions Tribunal which struck out the petition of the ANPP governorship candidate, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, challenging the election of Otunba Gbenga Daniel of Ogun State in the 14 April, 2007 governorship election.

The court ordered the tribunal to commence a fresh hearing of the case on its merit.

The tribunal had in its judgement on 19 October, 2007 ruled that Amosun failed to supply details of his locus standi to challenge Daniel’s election.

The tribunal accused him of not stipulating his political party and right to challenge the election of Gbenga Daniel.

He was also accused of filing his petition six days after the mandatory 30 days, required by the law to do so.

But the Appeal Court led by Justice K.B. Akaahs, said Amosun has satisfied the necessary conditions which qualified him to challenge the election of Gbenga Daniel, adding: “I hereby set aside the ruling of the Ogun State Election Petitions Tribunal delivered on 19, October, 2007 and hereby order a commencement of fresh hearing.”

However, earlier this morning, palpable tension enveloped the premises of the court as hundreds of politicians thronged the court for the judgement.

http://thepmnews.com/article/752

The storm is gathering, this is going to be another interesting story to follow.
Most people felt Amosun was not fairly treated in the previous rulling by the tribunal.
Dare to be a Daniel?
Re: Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel by Mamajama(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2008
when will this people stop with all this litigations?
Re: Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel by Emma4u2c(m): 5:18pm On Mar 13, 2008
Mamajama:

when will this people stop with all this litigations?

I think ilitigations are not only good for our democracy but better than violence; remember Kenya!
Re: Ogun Gov Poll: Amosun Floors Daniel by Truequest(m): 7:17pm On Mar 13, 2008
I think ilitigations are not only good for our democracy but better than violence; remember Kenya!

I agree with you 120% to be honest.

(1) (Reply)

Andy Uba: The Wounded Lion / I Am Impressed By Igbo Women In The Global Financial Sector / Efcc Arrests Police Equipment Chieftain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.