Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:26 AM

Education Has Lost It's Value  in Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Education Has Lost It's Value  in Nigeria (848 Views)

This Is What Our Education Has Turned To These Days / Is This What Education Has Reduced To In Nigeria? (pic) / Now That Minister Of Education Has Being Sacked, What NEXT?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Education Has Lost It's Value  in Nigeria by EfeTony6(m): 8:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
EDUCATION HAS LOST IT'S VALUE  IN NIGERIA.

It is obvious that our leaders now disregard Education and regards thugs and those who breaks the law and order of our country.Today what makes you a celebratory is not your academic standard, but rather the God give potentials in you or your influence in the society. This influence could be cultic,political,or other barbaric influence. One can be honoured by the federal government if he/she is a politician,a footballer,militant,Boko Haram,oil bunkers,kidnappers,robbers or a G-boy.
Education is now regarded  as one of those documents that one can easily purchase in our corrupt institutions. 
Let me justify my ideology on this deposition. Today Tompolo,Ayeri,and co are now honoured, as gurus in our society because they were able to break the law and order of this lawless country. Millions of dollars contracts are being awarded to them daily,their men who do not go close to the four walls of school are being paid monthly,graduates who spent 4-6years in the university had no choice than to  join the amnesty program due to the rate of unemployment in the country. What a shame,and negligence to education. To me,education is now more less a medium the government uses to engage the youths why they do the looting daily. What pains me most is that they don't give us the quality education we need,but their siblings,girl friends school  abroad receiving quality education. In the nearest future they come back to their state,local government,to rule as kings and  queens.
What prompt me to come up with this brief article is the recent happenings after the victory of our great team super eagles. When they arrived the country,i was astonished to see philanthropist,governors,even the unfocused president GEJ wasting our funds all in the  name of excitement. Please take note,am not against the kind gesture shown to the players by Nigerians. But please I have this few questions to ask the governors and unfocused president. If there are monies to throw around just the way they demonstrated, what stops them from rehabilitating our refineries,our federal institutions,or coming up with employment scheme to assist graduates with token to set up a small scale business? To our governors who do cry daily the wages bill is on the higher side,you were making promises of duplex,hundreds of millions,and still graduates are warming up in the street to disrupt the peace of the state (stampeding). The local stadia  are more or less like Okija shrine. Maybe you were not taught scale of preference in school  "What a pity". From January till this date, you have spent billions of Naria on programs,summit,hosting,yet civil servants,corps,unemployed youths,are laughing  smiling and in Poverty.
The  unfocused president pays monthly stipend to militants,political thugs,what is wrong if the unemployed graduates are being paid?  Brethen education has truly failed us in this country. No wonder the Ex- president  Obasanjo carelessly said "Revolution is the only way out for Nigeria youths". Come to think of it,it's only in this country you see a Doctor,Engineer,abandoned their profession and join politics all to make quick money. The question we need to ask ourselves,are we saying politics pays more than our profession? If the answer is "YES" then what is the standard of education in our country? I will like to leave other issues for us to debate on but please take note, "Education is just a factor set aside to boast God's given potential in us". (Mike.A) That potetial in you is what makes you standout, and the education you acquire is what makes you communicate the potentials in you to others.
Youths, let's learn to do without these hollow politicains without conscience,criminals who threw our hopes for a better tomorrow in the stream of greed, let's discover our potentials because it's obvious man will not help you above himself. We are all hustlers and will die as hustlers. Discover your potentials and lets build a better Nigeria. God bless you. 

Questions begging for answers:

1) What is the need for studying political science and at the end doctors,engineers are been elected into political positions and those who read political science end up being civil servants or businessmen?

2) How do we stop this barbaric practice in our country?

3) Why are militants,thugs paid monthly stipend and the unemployed graduates   Wander in the streets and under bridge?

4) What must we do as youths?

5) Revolution or dialogue which is the best way out for Nigerian youths?

6) I thought education is the light of a nation,so why do our leaders pay more attension to footballers,thugs,militants etc.

7) Our Leaders don't delay their salaries,security votes,but when it comes to civil servants payment,youth corps payment,the story is different. 

WHO IS FOOLING WHO IN NIGERIA?
Re: Education Has Lost It's Value  in Nigeria by ndudichukwumah(m): 10:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Front page moderator bcecausebdis is a word of enlightenment ....pls front page lets get more comment on dis issues

(1) (Reply)

2013 WOL Foundation Essay Competition / For A Project- I Need Info About Some Nigerian Universities In The North!! Help / What Jamb Final Say On Cutoff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.