Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,284 members, 7,943,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 08:19 PM

Fan, Battery And Engine; What Relationship???? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fan, Battery And Engine; What Relationship???? (691 Views)

Transmission Oil And Engine Oil / Car Mileage And Engine Performance / The Nigerian Police And Engine Number. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fan, Battery And Engine; What Relationship???? by KayB: 9:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
pls i just got a fairly used toyota pick-up manual with auxiliary gear and my mechanic told me that the fan ought not to oscillate immediately the engine starts so he wants do something to it so that it stops but i dont know jack abt automobile so i will like some inputs from the professionals before ignorance spoils show. the mechanic also mentioned thermostat and regulation on the issue pls help me because the vehicle is essential for my operations. thanks
Re: Fan, Battery And Engine; What Relationship???? by Tobiizzy(m): 8:02am On Feb 16, 2013
I think what your mechanic is trying to say is that the vehicle's fan has been connected directly to the battery and the thermostat has been removed . I think it's a wise decesion to have me restore it to the original configuration ,if that's what you are trying to say ...
Cons of driving without fixing it
-engine does not reach optimum operating temperature hence, sludge build up ,loss of power ,excessive load on engine ...
Re: Fan, Battery And Engine; What Relationship???? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:44am On Feb 16, 2013
KayB: pls i just got a fairly used toyota pick-up manual with auxiliary gear and my mechanic told me that the fan ought not to oscillate immediately the engine starts so he wants do something to it so that it stops but i dont know jack abt automobile so i will like some inputs from the professionals before ignorance spoils show. the mechanic also mentioned thermostat and regulation on the issue pls help me because the vehicle is essential for my operations. thanks

it depends big 4x4, vans and tracks etc the fan runs with the engine, as the fan is connected to the engine

you should have gave us the full description of the pick up as for thermo he should remove it, its meant to regulate engine temperature to run recommended operating temperature to that you get best perfomance from the engine and better mileage

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help! Engine Always Hot / BMW Unveils First All-electric Car / Autotainment Show For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.