Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,577 members, 7,944,742 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

A Father’s Creed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Father’s Creed (1072 Views)

What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding / To Buy Sanitary Pad For Ladies; Is It A Bad Idea Even As A Father To Daughter? / Men And Women Of Values, What Is Your Creed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father’s Creed by temi4fash(m): 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2013
I solemnly resolve before God, from this day forward to take full responsibility for my life, my wife and my children. I will love them, serve them protect them and provide for them as the spiritual leader of my home.
As a husband, I will be faithful to my wife as I have publicly vowed to her before God, I will love her, honor her and be willing to lay down my life for her as Christ did for the church.
As a father, I will be faithful to bless and teach my children so that they will love God with all their hearts and live in obedience to his word. I will train and discipline them so that they live responsibly, honor authority and be a blessing to the society.
As a man, I will be faithful to seek the face of God and do the will of God. I will strive to read God’s word, pray for others and be faithful to his church. I will walk in integrity, work truthfully and keep my promises. I will diligently provide for my family, help my neighbor and fulfill my responsibilities.
I will confront evil, pursue justice and love, mercy as a positive influence in the world, I will treat others with kindness, respect and compassion even as I wish to be treated. I will forgive those who have wronged me, so that I am not poisoned by hate or bitterness.
I will walk in integrity as a man who is answerable to God. I will seek to honor God, obey his word and do his will. I will learn from my mistakes, repent of my sins and reconcile with those I have wronged.
For the rest of my life and for the glory of God, I will courageously work with the strength he provides to fulfill this resolution.
As for me and my household, we will serve the lord.

Culled from courageous...

Imagine if dis was added to the vows on ur wedding dai... grin grin grin grin
Re: A Father’s Creed by greedie1(f): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2013
... so help me Lord...
Re: A Father’s Creed by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 16, 2013
Amen.
Re: A Father’s Creed by Exponental(m): 9:15am On Feb 17, 2013
temi4fash:

Imagine if dis was added to the vows on ur wedding dai... grin grin grin grin
It's not by declaring alone, it's by grace to keep d declared.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

HELP!! I Need More Enlightenment On This Issue / My Relationship / She Has Packed All Her Things

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.