Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,176 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

Has Anyone Heard Of The Thousand Naira Store In Ikota Shopping Complex? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Has Anyone Heard Of The Thousand Naira Store In Ikota Shopping Complex? (2022 Views)

How Best Can I Invest One Hundred And Fifty Thousand Naira (#150,000) / Has Anyone Heard Of Tenoil Energy? Pls Tell Me About It / Anyone Heard Of The Nlng Scholarship Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Heard Of The Thousand Naira Store In Ikota Shopping Complex? by BelleofNaija: 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
I thought about starting a thousand Naira store. And I was interested to spot a thousand Naira store called Grab in Ikota Shopping Complex, VGC, Lagos.

Inside I saw all sorts of bargains in the store from kids dolls, to portable light bulbs. But when I got to the perfume section, I notice these were 3,000 naira. When I asked why these were 3,000 naira, the sweet and polite owner told me that when she first opened back in December it was called Grab any item @ N1000, but she was being inundated with requests of getting some perfumes. So she did, but of course she could not sell these at 1000 naira! So she quickly changed her concept to Grab 123 (Discount Store). Smart move to notice what the customers were wanting and adapting whilst still being affordable!

Before I knew it I spent like 5k in the shop. I picked up a kids tutu skirts for only 1,000, which was by the way being sold in other shops for 3,500! Also picked up a lovely perfume and facial wipes. All in all it was happy surprise.

I still might start the store, but I need some feedback if you really think I could succeed with selling all items at 1,000 naira?
Re: Has Anyone Heard Of The Thousand Naira Store In Ikota Shopping Complex? by Lifted1(m): 7:43am On Feb 17, 2013
sure, Nigerians loveeeee a good bargain grin and i dont think we have too many of dose in lagos or 9ja for dat matter. but like every oda trading initiative location is key...good source, good brands, good prices, good location = sure hit

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think About "Video Resumes" / Does Government Add Allowance To The Written Salary Of Appointment Letter? / Jarus Talks About How They Made Their First Million From Blogging In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.