Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,653 members, 7,882,203 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply (8530 Views)

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / Explain The Source Of Your Terrorists Tapes; PDP Tells APC / Tata, Dangote, Essar Among Bidders For The Sale Of Nigeria Power Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by mystikal(m): 4:52am On Mar 14, 2008
I'd like to know for sure how Nigeria gets her electrical energy

I know countries get theirs from water, wind, solar, Nuclear, etc
Just want to know Nigeria's major source
Re: What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by bawomolo(m): 5:31am On Mar 14, 2008
dams, hydro-electricity.
Re: What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by oldie(m): 12:07pm On Mar 14, 2008
Hydro, Coal and Gas
Nuclear is in the pipeline
For now, Solar is not a viable option because coal and gas are cheaper alternatives
and they are abundantly available locally
Re: What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by bawomolo(m): 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2008
clean coal is the future.
Re: What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by Riri(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2013
Generators plants.
Re: What Is The Main Source Of Nigeria's Power Supply by shomutuski(m): 1:13am On May 10, 2015
oldie:
Hydro, Coal and Gas
Nuclear is in the pipeline
For now, Solar is not a viable option because coal and gas are cheaper alternatives
and they are abundantly available locally

Nuclear energy in nigeria? U must be joking, before you can possess a nuclear reactor, you must belong to IEAE org. Nigeria don't have the capacity to deal with nuclear energy. What if something happens for example radiation leakage! I guess you know the implications and again the cost of purchasing Uranium, the chief fuel for the reactor. Look at the safety part. It won't be secured in nigeria if bad people can kidnap and do all sorts of atrocities, iif they bomb the plant Peren That's the End of naija, all that would be left will be a radioactive dumpyard

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Most Charismatic African Leaders / Okorocha Suspends Commissioner’s Salary! / GEJ Mourns Police Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.