Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 05:04 AM

When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? (2613 Views)

No Lady Should Get Married If She Is Not Ready For This One Thing... / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 10 Disgusting Things Girls Do When A Guy Says I Dont Have Money To Give You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Feb 16, 2013
So i have a friend who's in a bit of a tight spot, she met this guy a few months ago, and they got real close, they talk every single day, sometimes more than twice in one day and the guy drops hints, calls her hot, sexy, beautiful, invites her over to visit him, even drops vague hints about a future together. now,my friend is enamored of the guy, but he told her without her asking, that he's not ready for a relationship. according to him he just got out of a relationship(about two months before he met my friend) now what exactly does this mean? how should my friend handle this because she falls for him deeper each day especially due to the amount of attention he showers on her. do you think this guy is using my friend to get over his heart break? should my friend pull away before she gets hurt even more? most importantly,what do guys mean when they say they are not 'ready' for a relationship?
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by cbliss(m): 11:41pm On Feb 16, 2013
She is his rebound gurl. He has also come out str8 to tell her dat he isn't ready for anything serious so dat means he is covering his tracks as well n very nicely n honestly too. She can jst decide to go along for d ride n see ow it turns out bt still be prepared for d worse bt dnt get to emotionally attached.

1 Like

Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by corazoni: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2013
It would have make more sense if you'd be bold enough say you're the one.

Anyways, I can't really say he is using youyour friend to get over his ex. I think in a few months friendship I don't think the feelings is all that much to move on if what he's offering isn't what you want.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:15am On Feb 17, 2013
Cos he's not ready na ni!
Op, ur friend (abi na urself) should give him a 'lil more time. & 4rm ur explanation, he's doing fine with ur friend.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by sirwealth(m): 12:24am On Feb 17, 2013
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by 4words: 1:02am On Feb 17, 2013
I have 4words for you, ''Dont fall for it''.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by True2myself24(f): 3:41am On Feb 17, 2013
She might just be a rebound. He probably hasnt gotten over his ex yet.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by Mynd44: 3:50am On Feb 17, 2013
Why can't the girl just tell the guy he is falling for him and hear whay he would say? The mentality that you should wait for the guy is silly.

All the hints the guy is dropping is probably cos the breakup was not so good but if he knows how she feels he might be willing to change
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by chelseaguy: 3:56am On Feb 17, 2013
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by chelseaguy: 3:57am On Feb 17, 2013
Bludeville: So i have a friend who's in a bit of a tight spot, she met this guy a few months ago, and they got real close, they talk every single day, sometimes more than twice in one day and the guy drops hints, calls her hot, sexy, beautiful, invites her over to visit him, even drops vague hints about a future together. now,my friend is enamored of the guy, but he told her without her asking, that he's not ready for a relationship. according to him he just got out of a relationship(about two months before he met my friend) now what exactly does this mean? how should my friend handle this because she falls for him deeper each day especially due to the amount of attention he showers on her. do you think this guy is using my friend to get over his heart break? should my friend pull away before she gets hurt even more? most importantly,what do guys mean when they say they are not 'ready' for a relationship?

Simply means he's not attracted to you romantically. If he has eaten the fruit it simply means she's a booty call material and not his ideal gf/wife type.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by luvmijeje(f): 6:06am On Feb 17, 2013
Ehnnn what kind of game is that? Abeg tell ur friend to sit him down and ask him the following questions.
1.Where is this relationship heading to?
2.Does he still have feeling for his ex?
3.What does he feel about her?
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by corazoni: 7:53am On Feb 17, 2013
luvmijeje: Ehnnn what kind of game is that? Abeg tell ur friend to sit him down and ask him the following questions.
1.Where is this relationship heading to?
2.Does he still have feeling for his ex?
3.What does he feel about her?

Are you fuuccking serious? Where a few months friendship not even relationship is heading to? Desperation. That's what happen when y'all open legs for dudes on first date. When you think you're love after a hot round of seex.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by richyblink1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
When will youths start differentiating friendship from relationship? For the fact that a guy treats u well,calls u sweet names,gives u attention etc. Doesn't mean he need's u to share his bed.

Op,tell ur friend to chill,atlest d guy has been honest by telling her what he wants (friendship) not relationship for the time being. It's either she keep being herself or she move on.
Don't forget that every good relationship starts from friendship.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by cowgurl: 6:16pm On Feb 17, 2013
yeah,it sure hurts like mad when we fall for someone who isn't ready but the truth is, you can't force them to...i commend the dude for being honest with your friend, so it's now left for your friend to decide if she wanna wait for him to be ready, or have a fling with him now or let go.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by IZUKWU(m): 7:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
cowgurl: yeah,it sure hurts like mad when we fall for someone who isn't ready but the truth is, you can't force them to...i commend the dude for being honest with your friend, so it's now left for your friend to decide if she wanna wait for him to be ready, or have a fling with him now or let go.
i agree with these and also tell the guy how you fell and hear what he has to say.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by luvmijeje(f): 7:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Corazoni,asking where the relationship is heading to means asking does this relationship has prospect from moving from friendship to more and not necessarily marriage.
That is not call desperation,it is call been smart.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by HARDDON: 8:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Total crap from the guy.

What haven't dey njoyed togheda that ρρℓ in r/ship relish?

Tell your friend she is just but an option to d guy. A man wud go to any length to hit that(swit names , long calls, false hope , time dedication all inclusive) aint these what ladies like? Send dese signals and ενεη nuns wud fall ƒoя Ʊ . EXperienced .

After hitting it and getting ha gaga, Ʊ calm down and decide where to place ha: first position( wify possibilities) , s3x mate, or just a fling.

Get really kinda angry when ρρℓ Saч dey aint ready ƒoя commitments while dey have no qualms hitting it. Who is a fool?
If you aint ready ƒoя no r/ship, why boda meeting å gurl @ all? Kip to your self!

Ƒoя d gullible ones, if the picture d op painted is true and d guy is true, then he wud mos def heal quickly and shld naturally wano hook up with dis nu angel and not put a pause on.

Tell ♏ԑ som i haven't dealt
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by tashanja(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2013
^^^Oboi, I completely disagree.

Its obvious the girl wants more even after the guy had placed all his cards on the table and was being completely honest about his position so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding, haba what else could he have done.

Its irrelevant whether he was hitting it or not, after-all they are both consenting adults, especially as there had been no deception from his part - besides, was he the only one enjoying it, abi de girl no de feel anything?

Let her pls chill and enjoy the ride while allowing the guy find his level as to whether he is emotionally ready to commit or not or get off .

If she has cause to be concerned about turning into a bootycall, then she should know how to control or close her legs - abeg no be by force.
Re: When A Guy Says He's Not Ready...? by slavia(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
hahahahahahahah.....typical scenario.
i think the babe has 3 options in this case;
OPTION 1: she wants in: This choice largely depends on how much she loves him and if he is worth it (this includes that he appears ready to settle down) because this option would entail a lot of sacrifice. it involves doing all that it takes (not saying it directly to him oo) to show the dude that she is better than his ex and that she would make a perfect life partner. MAYBE....MAYBE he would come around to accepting her as the one and only.....live happily ever after case closed.

OPTION 2: Throw-in the Towel: Since the dude is not really sure about what he wants, let him be and opt out.....Love is a game of two, he is either in or out...make him no spoil your other opportunities

OPTION 3: Have fun while it lasts: what do you stand to lose? you like this guy, you may never find another as caring and attention-giving as he is, so why not bask in the attention while you look else where for the devoted love you need....remember there is a lot more to love than just care and attention...like sense of responsibility
GOOD LUCK

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me Analyse This Relationship, What Do I Do? / Ever Given A Gift To A Lady But She Was Disappointed Because She Expected More? / Guyz Pls Help Decode This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.