Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,534 members, 7,921,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:21 PM

Open Source Acceptance Testing Software - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Open Source Acceptance Testing Software (1496 Views)

Computer Based Testing Software For Conducting Post-utme And Job Interview Test / Open Source Courier Cargo Tracking Software Script Written In Php/mysql / Fedena V2.0 – Open Source School Management System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Source Acceptance Testing Software by my2cents(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2006
I don't know if Acceptance testing web apps is a big deal in naija. It is where I am. Anyways, I wanted to share a pretty cool tool we have been using at work. It's called Selenium. It's open source and even better, it was developed by the folks at www.thoughtworks.com . If you know anything about thoughtworks, then you know those guys don't joke grin

http://www.openqa.org/selenium/

Enjoy!!
Re: Open Source Acceptance Testing Software by Seun(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2006
What is "acceptance testing"??
Re: Open Source Acceptance Testing Software by my2cents(m): 6:45pm On May 03, 2006
(chuckles)

Acceptance testing is basically a test procedure done to make sure a site satisfies what it was built to do. It also applies to regular applications, by the way. So, for example, when I come to nairaland and click on a topic, I expect to go to that topic. If I don't register, I shouldn't see certain buttons, etc.

I posted this because I have noticed that many naija sites don't seem to be tested at all - broken links, broken images, server errors, etc.

Such things, if caught up front, would never make it out to the public view.
Re: Open Source Acceptance Testing Software by Seun(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2006
I posted this because I have noticed that many naija sites don't seem to be tested at all
Isn't it ironic that the people you're trying to help won't read this thread because they don't know what "acceptance testing" means? cheesy
Re: Open Source Acceptance Testing Software by my2cents(m): 2:49am On May 05, 2006
It is ironic. However, curiosity killed the cat. So if you were curious enough to check out the post, hopefully others will too wink

prodgalson,

Thanks for the accolades. May God bless you too grin I wanted to stress open source for those pple who may say they don't have the finances to purchase a proprietary product.

(1) (Reply)

Penhall Consulting For Review / Coffeecup Web Form Builder For Everyone. / Any Information About Www.instantgoldng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.