Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,612 members, 7,888,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:15 PM

25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) (114258 Views)

Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Mexico's Carlos Slim Reclaims World's Richest Man Title From Bill Gates / Carlos Slim Tops Forbes Rich List For Fourth Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Emmy9ite(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Op thanks so much for sharing. I love the flavour you added to it. I ve read about him on wiki and i must say he is a very wise man.

One thing the rich have in common is that, they THINK BIG! They are willing to help millions of people. The richest men in the world are those who touch the life of most people. It comes down to this, the more people you help, the richer you become. My goal is to conquer Africa and then, the world.

Though he has a point about giving charity but i don't agree with him. Bill and Buffet have helped transform lives through Bill's foundation. Its about giving back to the world.

I will appreciate it if anyone can send an ebook of Revolutionary wealth to my email. Its Emmanuelakpe65(at)yahoo.com
thanks in anticipation.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by pastie(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Why didnt i have people like him in my church angry angry angry
so that i will be enjoying his tith sad sad sad
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
Buy cheap stuff from people desperate for the cash....and sell at a big premium to people that desperately want the item.

#justthinking.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by bennynaza(m): 12:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
The man is Oloye Adada. Bt seems he is stingy sha... And one more thing

Why insist on packing all the money in the world to yourself wen u dislike spending it. Whereas, some people who are willing to spend money cant find it
Some have food but will not eat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by andyanders: 12:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
In Nigeria, one man stole 88 Billion alone in one month, while the richest man on earth has 78 billion. in his entire life.crazy
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
Lebanese have really gone places on earth. I don't think they'd be friends with Jews because they have everything in common . Stingy people.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Bawss1(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
mikron: Nigerians re much more richer than these people. no thanks to corruption. Babangida is worth worth than the $35 billion he is estimated with. Alakija is adjudged the worlds richest black woman in the world. countless silent billionaires abound in Nigeria. what more can i say

You mean to tell us that somewhere there is a Nigerian that is worth more than US$75 billion?

And Alakija is adjudged the world's richest black woman?. . .Must only be on Nairaland, because according to leading international rating agencies she doesn't show up on the radar.

Where did you whip out these deductions from?
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
[size=18pt]YET SOME FOOLISH PASTORS IN NIGERIA THAT ARE NOT WORTH 1/10TH OF THIS MAN'S RICHES WILL BUY 2 MORE PRIVATE JESTS AND MANSIONS FROM NIGERIA TO LONDON TO USA ON THE BACKS OF PEOPLE'S TITHE MONEY.
[/size]

smiley
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by fuckluv(f): 1:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Interesting! MOFOS will soon add his name to Illuminati list.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by jaywatt(m): 1:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Menh....this man is the man.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by dasparrow: 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nice!
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
[quote author=andyanders]In Nigeria, one man stole 88 Billion alone in one month, while the richest man on earth has 78 billion. in his entire life.crazy[/quote
78 billion dollars not Naira, 88 billion Naira is not up to 1billion dollars.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by poccahunter(f): 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
nice article, got me thinking...
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
This thread will witness huge traffic cos most Nigerians are like him.
It's good to be rich but better to affect your society positively.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
christ4mi: You don kill my dream of marrying from Dangote's family.
Forget it, the Rich prefer to marry their kind. Just look for pressing problems you can solve. Build your business based on the solutions and sell your solutions in form of products and services. And you'll be wealthy beyond your imaginations. Don't depend on marrying a rich man for your wealth. Be creative.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
I Have seen where Governor Peter Obi learnt his aka gum 4rm. No wonnnnder!:/
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by saintohia: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
This's educative and worth reading carefully.

This information would certainly change the way some people approach business.

I'm already thinking like a billionaire, because a single idea ( or information) would change the life of someone for ever.

Nice piece, before now, I didn't know the man is this conservative and simple minded.

Imagine if his a Nigerian, his fleet of private jets, would lobby to live with only his family in a quarter of a state sized land, own houses he doesn't know their correct location ( address) in all major cities on earth, etc.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Lordwize(m): 2:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]Having plenty of monies, does not make one rich o
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by maskid(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
as much as i want to give him credit for preserving his ''INHErited wealth''... i'd prefer to be motivated by ''self-made Billionaires'' like william Gates and Ellison (oracle ceo) etc.

i my papa leave 40 billion dollars for me. do u think i'd be dulling myself? his path to success was easy.

NEXT!!!!

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
andyanders: In Nigeria, one man stole 88 Billion alone in one month, while the richest man on earth has 78 billion. in his entire life.crazy
do u know the difference btw dollar and naira
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by maskid(m): 3:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Uncanny Genius: Forget it, the Rich prefer to marry their kind. Just look for pressing problems you can solve. Build your business based on the solutions and sell your solutions in form of products and services. And you'll be wealthy beyond your imaginations. Don't depend on marrying a rich man for your wealth. Be creative.

so now are you wealthy ''beyond your imaginations?'' smh (giving theories is much easier )

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by maskid(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bawss1:

You mean to tell us that somewhere there is a Nigerian that is worth more than US$75 billion?

And Alakija is adjudged the world's richest black woman?. . .Must only be on Nairaland, because according to leading international rating agencies she doesn't show up on the radar.

Where did you whip out these deductions from?

abi ooo ask them. the 'okija' or whateva he/she is called must have given some press money for the cheap stunt

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by ghettodreamz(m): 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Very insightful.... Let's not forget that large percentage of this man's wealth was inherited. Besides, he won't have gotten there without hard work and his business acumen. However, hard it might sound for a typical Nigerian who wasn't born with a silver spoon, at least; it's doable.

Indeed, success is not accidental- I WILL GET THERE!
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
mysticgal: i have dreamed of becoming the richest woman in the world,and this piece of helu slim just gave me a boost.
watch it! Someone is aspiring for that position too, i'm coming real fast so try and catch up. Lols.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by ghettodreamz(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
ayswags: do u know the difference btw dollar and naira

Help me tell am jare.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by hpk(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
k2039: If I hear say I know read that book called 'Revolutionary Wealth'

Op great article, atleast for the insight I got about him and the book.
I don download d pdf file.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by eagleeye2: 4:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
hpk: I don download d pdf file.

Abeg which site you download am? I have been seeing only reviews.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
Emmandus: Iyaniwura Thanks for sharing this. In think Nigerians need more Entrepreneurs and wealth creators rather than jobseekers and the 'wealth looters parading as leaders in most public office
Cheers!

Wealth is first a state of the mind! i am getting wealthy everyday!

Dey decieve urself! Whether u re wealthy @ heart or brain, if u dnt wrk 4 it! Den u re doomed
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Isiterere(m): 6:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
oluface: God. You are the one that lead this man step to wealth... Kindly lead my own step to be 20 time richer than him... Insha Allah. May all of us in Nairaland succed and live to enjoy our work and wealth.
. Typical Nigerian mentality; too religious and lazy...

1 Like

Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by oluagness(m): 6:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
Nice writeup. The man is hyperstingy. I will go for the book. May the Lord help me to follow it.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
wow this guy is lebanese. lebanese are mostly very smart and intelligent in business. they usually start when they are young.
Re: 25 Interesting Things About Carlos Slim Helu (World's Richest Man) by Flygerian1(m): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
*walks in, singing "e ma dami duro ooo. Eh! Emi omo Slim Helu.*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebrities You Didn't Know Were From Edo State. / Odion Ighalo And Lilian Esoro Are Dating, His Wife Reacts (Photos) / Elizabeth Banu Weds Cyril Stober. Traditional Wedding Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.