Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,879 members, 7,942,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 12:15 AM

Customers Jumped Out Of 2nd Floor Of Top Star Hotel During A Bloody Fight? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Customers Jumped Out Of 2nd Floor Of Top Star Hotel During A Bloody Fight? (940 Views)

Jealous Gay Lovers In A Bloody Fight In Benin / Warri Can Now Boast Of A Five Star Hotel / Julius Berger Emerges Preferred Bidder For Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Customers Jumped Out Of 2nd Floor Of Top Star Hotel During A Bloody Fight? by kallysky(f): 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
On the 17th of feb sunday 2013, my friend and i decided to walk down to a new relaxation spot called "top star hotel" located at the famous God-dey Cinema bustop, olodi apapa lagos. we were excited about the place because its new, a 3-storey building with roof top dance hall; it was more like a club.

I did had a strange feeling climbing up the tiny stairs because i observed its got only one entry and one exit. i pondered what if there was a fight or fire incident how would people escape without causing a stampede. i quickly discarded the thought and my friend and i journeyed to the roof top. it was electrifying and attractive, the atmosphere was perfect for drinking and dancing but there was a problem, it was overcrowded.

Realizing this i quickly grabbed my pocket thereby securing my blackberry phones to avoid it being picked. i turned to my friend and told him we cant stay here that its not advisable and safe. there were so many people most of who looks like tout, dancing and drinking all sorts of gin so we left top star hotel.

Thank God we left! about 1hr of leaving serious fight broke out, dangerous weapons were used freely, bottles were flying everywhere from the top floor to the bottom floor, girls were running helplessly. there was great panic as there was only 1 tiny exit which was the staircase. Eventually, the iron bars of the staircase could not hold the pressure of customers pressing against it and people started getting pushed out while others jumped out from the 1st and 2nd floor. many landed on the crates of beer well arranged on the ground floor while some landed on the windshield of cars parked. So many people sustained serious injuries and were hospitalized at nearby hospitals. There has been unconfirmed news that 2 people eventually died!

The most annoying thing is that this Top star hotel opened the bar for business the next day 18th of feb 2013. Apparently, they sorted the police and decided to prevent the unfortunate news from spreading. is business more important than customers safety?

(1) (Reply)

Eight-year-old Boy Marries 61-year-old Woman After 'dead Ancestors Told Him To / Yookos Prayer With Pastor Chris. / Help Pls;am Having Trouble Loging On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.