Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,383 members, 7,881,385 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:16 PM

People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? (1298 Views)

Suleman To El-Rufai: “You Are Dead Already, Ask For Date Of Your Burial" (video) / Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Myles Munroe, His Wife & Daughter Are Dead (Plane Crash) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Godsun2013(m): 9:37am On Feb 19, 2013
IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know[b]IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know[/b]IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 19, 2013
goes to show how confusing and contradicting the bible and its antediluvian writers are.
the bible said that judgement follows immediately after death,
the same bible said that on the last day, both the dead and the living shall be judged.
If one is judged immediately after his/her death, WTF reason will he be raised from the dead to be judged again on the last day.
I always say that religion is funny, sometimes it is like a virus, but atheism is the antivirus software, download it free today!!
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 4:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
I believe there are many in heaven at present, scripture passages like phi 1:23 comes to mind.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by honeychild(f): 12:43am On Feb 20, 2013
991: goes to show how confusing and contradicting the bible and its antediluvian writers are.
the bible said that judgement follows immediately after death,
the same bible said that on the last day, both the dead and the living shall be judged.
If one is judged immediately after his/her death, WTF reason will he be raised from the dead to be judged again on the last day.
I always say that religion is funny, sometimes it is like a virus, but atheism is the antivirus software, download it free today!!

The bible is not really that confusing. The confusion comes when we read the Bible with our own preconceptions. Take the scripture you just referred to. Hebrews 9:27 says: ' and as it is appointed unto men once to die and after this the judgement.' -KJV. It does not say immediately. You just assumed that.

2 Likes

Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by honeychild(f): 1:10am On Feb 20, 2013
@ OP

Here's what the Bible teaches:

1. The dead are in the grave awaiting a resurrection: ' do not be amazed at this for the time is coming when all who are in THEIR GRAVES will hear his voice and come out - those who have done good will rise to live and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.- John 5:28, 29 NIV.

2. This resurrection will take place at the last day: "Jesus said to her: your brother will rise again. Martha answered- I know he will rise again at the resurrection at the LAST DAY. Jesus said to her - I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."
-John 11:23-25 NIV.

3. Before the resurrection, the dead remain lifeless and unaware of anything in the grave.
" For the living know that they will die but THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING.....Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might for in the grave where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.- Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10

3 Likes

Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by alexleo(m): 7:19am On Feb 20, 2013
FALSE MESSAGE. OP PLS DONT TAKE THIS RUBBISH.
Revelation 6:9-11 can help you.

honeychild: @ OP

Here's what the Bible teaches:

1. The dead are in the grave awaiting a resurrection: ' do not be amazed at this for the time is coming when all who are in THEIR GRAVES will hear his voice and come out - those who have done good will rise to live and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.- John 5:28, 29 NIV.

2. This resurrection will take place at the last day: "Jesus said to her: your brother will rise again. Martha answered- I know he will rise again at the resurrection at the LAST DAY. Jesus said to her - I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."
-John 11:23-25 NIV.

3. Before the resurrection, the dead remain lifeless and unaware of anything in the grave.
" For the living know that they will die but THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING.....Whatever your hands find to do, do it with all your might for in the grave where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.- Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 20, 2013
Hmmm, honeychild, una bible ehnn.. In that light, please explain these verses..

Luke 16
19 “There was a rich man who was
dressed in purple and fine linen and
lived in luxury every day. 20 At his
gate was laid a beggar named
Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and
longing to eat what fell from the rich
man’s table. Even the dogs came and
licked his sores.
22 “The time came when the beggar
died and the angels carried him to
Abraham’s side. The rich man also
died and was buried. 23 In Hades,
where he was in torment, he looked
up and saw Abraham far away, with
Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to
him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on
me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of
his finger in water and cool my
tongue, because I am in agony in this
fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son,
remember that in your lifetime you
received your good things, while
Lazarus received bad things, but now
he is comforted here and you are in
agony. 26 And besides all this,
between us and you a great chasm
has been set in place, so that those
who want to go from here to you
cannot, nor can anyone cross over
from there to us.’
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you,
father, send Lazarus to my family,
28 for I have five brothers. Let him
warn them, so that they will not also
come to this place of torment.’
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by honeychild(f): 10:18am On Feb 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by benodic: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
@ Godsun2013

IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know[b]IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know[/b]IS THERE ANY SOULS IN HEAVEN RIGHT NOW? IF YES GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN AND IF NO GIVE A BIBLE REF, EXPLAIN TOO. I really wan't to know

please i want to know, are there any souls living in your village right now? if yes give a Bible ref and explain and if no give a Bible ref and explain too. i really want to know if souls are in your village right now and it is only bible referrences i will accept because i really want to know. hoping to hear from you soon as i want to visit your village as soon as possible.
thanks
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by alexleo(m): 10:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
honeychild: @ musKeeto

it is a parable.

http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org

http://www.bibleexplained.com/Gospels/Luke/Lu16b.html

you are so confused even more than atheists here. When i quoted Rev 6:9-11 to you in a similar thread you said its symbolic. Now muskeeto has quoted the story of Lazarus and the rich man you dismissed it that its a parable. See how you people are confusing yourselvesle trying to dodge from the truth of heaven and hell. Quite a shame.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by honeychild(f): 7:23am On Feb 21, 2013
alexleo:

you are so confused even more than atheists here. When i quoted Rev 6:9-11 to you in a similar thread you said its symbolic. Now muskeeto has quoted the story of Lazarus and the rich man you dismissed it that its a parable. See how you people are confusing yourselvesle trying to dodge from the truth of heaven and hell. Quite a shame.

Did you even look at the scriptures quoted above? Did you even go to the links which explain the Lazarus parable? My brother, try do a little bit of independent research. Do not rely on what you have been told in Sunday School.

Anyone with a little bit of understanding knows that the book of Revelation is symbolic. If you believe it is literal then I wish you luck while you wait for 7-headed monsters ridden by old prostitutes to come out of the sea.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:01am On Feb 22, 2013

it is a parable.

http://www.amazingdiscoveries.org

http://www.bibleexplained.com/Gospels/Luke/Lu16b.html

It's a parable... so what message was Jesus trying to pass across?
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by honeychild(f): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2013
@ musKeeto

That is why I posted the links so you could do some research....or you could google 'parable of Lazarus.'
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013

That is why I posted the links so you could do some research....or you could google 'parable of Lazarus.'
dis didnt ansa d question
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by alexleo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 23, 2013

The link simply contains the false and satanic explanations you people have consistently given to deceive people, Quite a shame.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 24, 2013
alexleo:

The link simply contains the false and satanic explanations you people have consistently given to deceive people, Quite a shame.
this one doesnt understand d difference between parables and actual happenings.now tell me dat d parable of the prodigal son actual happened or should be taken AS IT IS.Mtchew
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 6:36am On Feb 24, 2013
Atleast if u don't believe anything. Believe Jesus is in Heaven right now(remember he was a man while on earth) making intercessions for you.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 24, 2013
oh nice defence of the truth @ honeychild u re a jw ryt....@all on d thread..i dont know y people see the truth from the bible and arrogantly refuse to take it cos of longheld beliefs....what sense does it make dat after death its heaven straight and yet d bible speaks of ressurrection at the end..wat den will be ressurected..shm..people re soo confused once again read eccl 9 vs 5,6 nd 10..(*partly quoted.."the dead are conscious of nothing atall")..
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2013
Timflex:
i dont know y people see the truth from the bible and arrogantly refuse to take it cos of longheld beliefs...
It depends on your 'definition' of truth. Anyone can defend anything with the Bible.

Timflex:
.what sense does it make dat after death its heaven straight and yet d bible speaks of ressurrection at the end..wat den will be ressurected..
Hey, we're talking about the Bible here. Don't apply logic to it, these are spiritual matters.. Are you an atheist? Mscheew...

Timflex:
shm..people re soo confused once again read eccl 9 vs 5,6 nd 10..(*partly quoted.."the dead are conscious of nothing atall"wink..
If the dead are conscious of nothing at all, then what's a soul? What dies, the body or the soul?
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2013
@muskeeto how am i applying logic? Wat i said is not obscure..it is very clear..u are one confused fellow...regarding soul..read gen2 vs 7 nd ezekiel 18 vs 4..that place shows dat d soul aint different from the human nd thus it dies...and bro aint it obvious dat am not an atheist?
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2013
Timflex: @muskeeto how am i applying logic? Wat i said is not obscure..it is very clear..u are one confused fellow...regarding soul..read gen2 vs 7 nd ezekiel 18 vs 4..that place shows dat d soul aint different from the human nd thus it dies...and bro aint it obvious dat am not an atheist?
The soul isn't different from the human.. Interesting....
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by alexleo(m): 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
Segeggs: this one doesnt understand d difference between parables and actual happenings.now tell me dat d parable of the prodigal son actual happened or should be taken AS IT IS.Mtchew

FALSE TEACHER SHUT UP! what did Jesus answer the thief who repented on the cross? "veril verily i say on to thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise(luke 23:43). The one of lazarus you called it a parable(as if parable has no lesson to teach) and even the link you provided gave a satanic lesson. The one of revelation you said its symbolic. Now let me see what you will call this one that i just quoted. NONSENSE. You are a serial deceiver and God will punish you for every soul you deceive with your false teaching.
Re: People That Are Dead Are They In Heaven? by mazaje(m): 4:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
Dem don come ohhhh. . . .SPAG at its best. . .No be small thing. . .Imagine people talking about what they know COMPLETELY NOTHING ABOUT. Only religion makes people do such nonsense and believe it is a good thing. . .People arging about non existent myths ask them to provide evidence for the mythical heaven and hell and they will start crying and blabbing. . .

(1) (Reply)

Kenya: SHOCKING: How Human Hair Weave Leads To Death / Atheist/pagan/agnostic Front Page Material / DSTV Censors The Word God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.