Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,848 members, 7,882,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:20 PM

Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? - Romance (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? (48463 Views)

Ladies, Would You Cook And Do House Chores For Your Bf/fiancé Before Marriage?? / If You're A Lady, Do You Like Being Called "Baby"? / Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Fiance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:
Jeeeeez! Caseless? Like seriously? I'll sooo break your head! What the....? Oh no!
oh...jingle-pringle! Was she hurt by someone, or som-in....?

Binger, wat did u do to her?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
@caseless, i'll answer your kwesion at derailers paradise.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caseless: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta: @caseless, i'll answer your kwesion at derailers paradise.
oh.......i tot this is tha derailers thread. *jumps out of thread*
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by sharpman1(m): 1:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne: Mr Sharp Man, learn to cool down sometimes. I never said a woman should/shouldn't do chores. I was not even talking about women in that post, i was talking about men. If you had read the thread from the beginning, you would have seen my earlier comments to women.

Of course i knew you were not talking about women......you were certainly referring to the men......and you implied that they did not know what marriage was about. You conveniently ignored the original question about women doing chores.

Your post meant that men should stick with their women regardless of what the women do....and not sticking with them meant that they did not know what marriage is about.

My position is that a woman who knows what marriage is about should be ready to sacrifice....in other words do chores.....for the man you want to marry. That you should have also mentioned.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
sharp man:

Of course i knew you were not talking about women......you were certainly referring to the men......and you implied that they did not know what marriage was about. You conveniently ignored the original question about women doing chores.

Your post meant that men should stick with their women regardless of what the women do....and not sticking with them meant that they did not know what marriage is about.

My position is that a woman who knows what marriage is about should be ready to sacrifice....in other words do chores.....for the man you want to marry. That you should have also mentioned.

You still didn't read the quote you just posted. That was not my first comment on this thread as I had commented to the issue of chores previously.
I posted that comment because some guys were saying 'if she doesn't do chores, a thousand and one women are knocking etc'.

@bolded, i never said a man should stick with his woman whatever she does. If the man doesn't feel comfortable with her after trying his best to make their relationship work, he can call it quits and reflect on why it don't work. It might be he chose the wrong girl, did some things that resulted to the girl's reactions or the girl is plain silly.

I have a problem with a man saying 'you are easily replaceable bla bla bla' and that was the center of my post.

I also tried to define what I meant by love and what a man should offer a woman in a relationship. Like I said earlier, I am not against doing chores for a guy who is worth it.

Read my first 3 posts on pages 11 and 12 this thread where I referred to dammytosh so you would understand my POV better. (I had to go through the threads to check out the pages wink)
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
caseless: oh...jingle-pringle! Was she hurt by someone, or som-in....?

Binger, wat did u do to her?
Do i look like her caretaker? grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: Do i look like her caretaker? grin

*rolls eyes to kebbi state*
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by pak: 3:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne: The problem which was reinforced with this thread is that a lot of people don't know what marriage means. Imagine guys saying 'if you don't do A B C, I will replace you with a willing 1000 and 1 girls begging outside' It shows the guy doesn't know what it means and that's why marriage crumbles daily. The moment you feel your partner is replaceable with a click of your fingers, please don't marry her because you will replace her one day. I am not saying girls shouldn't reciprocate the guy's love because they are 'irreplaceable', but men should get to a point they say 'i want to live the rest of my live with YOU and YOU ALONE!'; 'We have the same vision and we would help each other to achieve it'; 'Being with you gives me the strength to carry on daily'; 'With the few times we have spent together, you have added value to my life' etc. How can a man tell me that 'if you leave, another girl would walk in bla bla bla?' He is telling me that I don't add value to his life. He is telling me that I'm not special to him. He's telling me that he doesn't have any drive or desire to be with me for the rest of his life. Why then is he in the relationship? What is motivating him to be with me daily; since I'm not worth it? This is reason enough for me to quit a relationship and look for a man who would value me and feel my presence in his life. When I am referring to a man's love, I'm not talking of BB, Brazillian hair, club and Mr. Biggs; I referring to a man who knows you well enough to know your dreams, desires and support them; a man that loves you enough to merge your visions with his; a man that is a solid support in times of problems; a man you can lean on and cry when sad; a man that is your greatest fan and support; a man whose warm embrace makes you forget all your worries in the world. It's well.

bukatyne: You still didn't read the quote you just posted. That was not my first comment on this thread. I had commented to the issue of chores previously. I posted that comment because some guys were saying 'if she doesn't do chores, a thousand and one women are knocking etc'.
@bolded, i never said a man should stick with his woman whatever she does. If the man doesn't feel comfortable with her after trying his best to make their relationship work, he can call it quits and reflect on why it don't work. It might be he chose the wrong girl, did some things that resulted to the girl's reactions or the girl is plain silly. I have a problem with a man saying 'you are easily replaceable bla bla bla' and that was the center of my post. I also tried to define what I meant by love and what a man should offer a woman in a relationship. Like I said earlier, I am not against doing chores for a guy who is worth it. Read my first 3 posts on pages 11 and 12 this thread where I referred to dammytosh so you would understand my POV better. (I had to go through the threads to check out the pages wink)

Have you ever heard of that wonderful invention called 'paragraphs' ?

and please, typing from your phone is not an excuse
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by bukatyne(f): 3:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
pak:

Have you ever heard of that wonderful invention called 'paragraphs' ?

and please, typing from your phone is not an excuse
I type as the idea flows.
Thanks for the feedback.
Hope you read the posts?
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Idowuogbo(f): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne:
Thanks for the feedback.
Hope you read the posts?
Lolz... Yeye pikin!
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:

*rolls eyes to kebbi state*
*slaps her eyeballs*
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 4:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: *slaps her eyeballs*
shocked shocked shocked

*reports him to a super moderator*
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:
shocked shocked shocked

*reports him to a super moderator*
i will tantalize you if you don't take time. grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Caracta(f): 4:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
binger: i will tantalize you if you don't take time. grin
Don't tantalize me. I'm not hungry tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
Caracta:
Don't tantalize me. I'm not hungry tongue
I mean literally tantalize you. Not the 'tantalizers' u have 4 lunch eryday tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by mindthing: 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
Oh really Alright then, i really dont mind if the girlfriend does no chores before we get married. So long as she also does not ask for nor expect a penny from me till we get hooked. This, my friends, is a two-way street smiley
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by rossybell(f): 5:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Hmmmmmmm, ‎​I̅ hve been a passive reader of this thread . ‎​I ll like to say here that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, what works for you might Ŋot for me . I just feel ders nofin wrong in helping out with his chores even 7 days a week. Its all about d heart ,when U̶̲̥̅̊ truly love a person U can't help buh give your all. As For me I do everything for him because ‎​I love him and he's worth every bit of it . Marriage will come when due .... lastly Prayer is the key.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
rossybell: Hmmmmmmm, ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊ ve been a passive reader of this thread . ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊ ll like †̥ say here that everyone ȋ̝̊̅§ entitled †̥ his or her own opinion, wat works Fό̲̣̣̣̥я̩ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ might Ŋό̲̣̣̣̥t Fό̲̣̣̣̥я̩ Чø̲̣u̶̲̥̅̊ . ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊ just feel ders nofin wrong i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ helping out wit his chores even 7 days a week. It̶̲̥̅̊s all about d heart ,wen U̶̲̥̅̊ truly love a person U̶̲̥̅̊ can't help ßut̶̲̥̅̊ give give give it̶̲̥̅̊ could be i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ kind or cash. As Fό̲̣̣̣̥я̩ ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ό̲̣̣̣̥ everything Fό̲̣̣̣̥я̩ him because ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊ love him aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ he's worth everybit of it̶̲̥̅̊ . Marriage will come wen due .... Sorry lastly Prayer is D̶̲̥̅̊ key
Kai! BB still dey shack people like this? I no fit read wetin you write o, no vex.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Jummsy(f): 8:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Maya2pretty: I believe anything u do in a relationship should b because u want to not because its wat d world expects. If u really love d guy den it comes from d hrt, u just want to make him happy and d extent u go is ur bizzz, keepin it real is vital in a relationship
M
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by peleson: 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Idowuogbo:
In 2013, y'all still get dis kian mentality? Wots d biggie about sweeping, washing and cooking? I mean for Godsake, dose are d qualities a guy who wants to settle down would probably be on d look out for. All dis shakara dey ruin cv o! U were warned o! Hian! Smh.

idowu, u r making sense. If it is in u , it comes naturally to do it and that is what real guys want and who told you u u were the one sweeping n cleaning his house b4.if the dude is not neat would u v bin attracted to him?
A friend of mine gf came from uk cos she was schooling there n my friend was just talkin to her on phone and asked her to come cook for him over the weekend n the girl was like " what is that?" Like mehn is that how naija girls do it . Rubbish I said,if he hadn't bin cooking n eating, would she had met n loved him in the 1st place? Abroad, girl friends cook for there bf n also take care of each other.naija girls front a lot! Guess what,my guy kindda felt slighted n moved on. He is in some bigger big things now and same girl is trying to come back even to do beyond js cooking
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by pak: 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
bukatyne:
Thanks for the feedback.
Hope you read the posts?

I was trying to read it but it was a bit difficult without the paragraphs, hence my comments.

I appreciate your taking the criticism in good faith though, its a rare trait amongst Nlanders
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by rossybell(f): 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
BB Ŋo dey shak me abeg ​Ooº°˚ sad
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
rossybell: BB Ŋo dey shak me abeg ​Ooº°˚ sad
ok, but some of us no fit read wetin you write nau. sad
I know you made plenty sense, but I couldn't see it... Literally.

Oya summarize smiley
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
Oahray: Kai! BB still dey shack people like this? I no fit read wetin you write o, no vex.
wallahi!! those boxed up symbols...urgh!! they piss me off...write normally BB users, write normally...we know you have a BB, now can you freaking write like a human being? Even when I had a BB, my writings didn't look like a joke.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
ItsModella:
wallahi!! those boxed up symbols...urgh!! they piss me off...write normally BB users, write normally...we know you have a BB, now can you freaking write like a human being? Even when I had a BB, my writings didn't look like a joke.
100 Likes for your comment. cheesy
Those symbols are difficult to decipher.
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by rossybell(f): 10:29pm On Feb 21, 2013
Summary be say follow you heart ,let love lead the way and Pray always for your relationship. Shikenah ! grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Maya2pretty(f): 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
Jummsy: My best comment here
yeah! grin grin *dancin kokoma*

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 10:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
rossybell: Summary be say follow you heart ,let love lead the way and Pray always for your relationship. Shikenah ! grin
em... Ok, but did you read the topic first? tongue
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by rossybell(f): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2013
I don hear ooooo , sheiii i ​hve modified it. I was hurrying to the church and needed to post my comment. No time for adjustments, Una kpele ​Ooº°˚
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 10:34pm On Feb 21, 2013
rossybell: I don hear ooooo , sheiii i ​hve modified it. I was hurrying to the church and needed to post my comment. No time for adjustments, Una kpele ​Ooº°˚
grin grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Maya2pretty(f): 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
Oahray: em... Ok, but did you read the topic first? tongue
Hehehe grin grin
Re: Should A Lady Do House Chores For Her Boyfriend ? by Oahray: 10:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
Maya2pretty:
Hehehe grin grin
my interview babe don show smiley how far?

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

Immediately She Opened Her Legs For Me (photos) / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Dated For 11 Years / Bride Points Gun At Groom In Wedding Day Photoshoot

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.