Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,116 members, 7,880,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? (2909 Views)

8 Things In A Guy That Have Prompt Many Ladies To Offer Their Body Cheap For Him / 7 Types Of Men Ladies Should Avoid When Dating / Why Young Girls Prefer To Date Married Men As Their Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Kaynee: 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2013
The rate at which some ladies/guys dump their lovers when they enter university or NYSC camp makes me wonder whether there is wisdom in sponsoring a would be wife or husband in school nowadays. I had an uncle who sponsored a lady right from secondary school through university only to be dump by the lady who referred to him as old school. Equally rich educated ladies have picked guys 'from the gutters', trained them and cleaned them up only to be dumped later. Is it WISE to train up a lover or just marry a made lady or guy to avoid some avoidable heartbreak?
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Patuwa: 6:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
There was never a time a lady will end up marrying that illiterate truck driver that spends all his fortune on her, sending her to a univerisity. I will better marry a red made graduate than wasting my time sending one thing to school. Unless if she has at least two kids for me. First to comment! Lolz.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Caracta(f): 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
There is nothing "un-wise" in helping someone through school or whatever. Help if you can, without expecting anything in return. Help, not because he/she is your girlfriend/boyfriend but because you choose to. That way, you rarely get hurt or dissapointed. Just do your thing.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by greedie1(f): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
lyk caracta wrote, help if u can without expecting anything in return.. he or she may decide to dump u but.... help anyways or wat are friends for? tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Kaynee: 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just like caracta and gree-die said help train any1 you can bt I maintain dat its unwise to train a lover with the hope of marrying such a one becos u maybe jilted. . take not I said maybe. Help unconditionally if possible.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Popowaa: 9:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
In this modern day and world where true love is difficult to find and deception and lies re the order of de day,i ll think more than a million times before i do this dangerous thing that can lead to pepertual regret.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by sirhot(m): 9:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just like caracta, gree-die and kaynee said you can help without expecting a thing in return grin cheesy tongue
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by IZUKWU(m): 11:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
If you see a lady and you like her and you want to train her at the university and later marry her , my advice would be marry her and then train her. If she say you must train her before you marry her. Run na armed rubber jeep. Or else you wan t to troway money.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Patuwa: 4:44am On Feb 20, 2013
IZUKWU: If you see a lady and you like her and you want to train her at the university and later marry her , my advice would be marry her and then train her. If she say you must train her before you marry her. Run na armed rubber jeep. Or else you wan t to troway money.

Guy, you are very correct! We learn from people's mistake. We should not wait to commit our own blunder.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by djeezy(m): 6:14am On Feb 20, 2013
It depends on the person training her. Let's compare a lawyer and an illiterate training a would be wife in the varsity. The standards are not the same. On the other hand, you can do it without expecting anything in return but it is apposite to note that nothing is free in this life. Digest that before accepting any favour whatsoever. Time will come when you'll pay, it could be nigh or afar.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 20, 2013
well it's easy to help a friend without expecting something in return but the OP clearly stated LOVER..

Let's face it, helping a LOVER out in her education and not expecting something in return, either as love or that she/he will marry you or even satisfy you sexually at the end of her stay there is unrealistic.

We all are humans and soemtimes we usually want soemthing in return even from freinds...it can be loyalty or appreciativeness in terms of friends

saying "help a lover out(someone you are in love with)" without expecting ANYTHING in return is pure crap

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Kaynee: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2013
I see some educated ladies sending their lovers to school in a bid to clean up their guy and bring him up to their standard. My sister you are just gambling with your heart becos when lover boy finish school he no go look your side again. That time when he finish school, and the lady wants to settle down with him, he will tell the lady 'I'll pay you back all the money you spent on me, we are not compatible'. See bombheartbreak o. And then d lady fit don reach 35 or even 40yrs because she dey wait mek her guy finish B.Eng/ B.Pharm or any 5yr course. So ladies be wise.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by lizzyslaw(f): 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
Hmmm, I think d problem arises when u train someone to progress while u stagnate. If u r training some1 to upgrade and u dn't upgrade urself na u sabi, but if u r upgrading ur girl or guy from second sch to uni and u also upgrade urself from bachelors to masters e.t.c, then u r aways on top so d chances of being dumped reduces and ur r still on top cos u r doing d sponsoring.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by chikeorji123(m): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
Definitely sucide mission..let her finish the school if she still okey then l marry her..
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by abohrandy: 1:03am On Feb 26, 2013
i have one point to make!!!

NIGERIANS ARE VERY DISLOYAL people!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 26, 2013
Naw. I wouldn't put that kind of money on someone "in the hopes" that they will be with me.
It would be after marriage.

...Now, if I do it, then it would mean I have convinced and made it VERY clear to myself that it is NOT for the purposes of buying this person's love, but because I intend to be generous.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Nobody: 2:15am On Feb 26, 2013
Caracta: There is nothing "un-wise" in helping someone through school or whatever. Help if you can, without expecting anything in return. Help, not because he/she is your girlfriend/boyfriend but because you choose to. That way, you rarely get hurt or dissapointed. Just do your thing.
Seconded.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 26, 2013
abohrandy: i have one point to make!!!

NIGERIANS ARE VERY DISLOYAL people!!
And fake people also.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Mynd44: 3:54am On Feb 26, 2013
Caracta and Gree-die already settled it
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by claremont(m): 7:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
Engage in charitable activities for its own sake and not because you are expecting a reward in return.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by pleep(m): 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
I actually like it when these ladies dump you... such stupidity should not go unpunished. grin

Dont you ppl have relatives some village that need education?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by smakati(m): 6:26am On Feb 27, 2013
O di kwa very risky....... I had a lot of coursemates who were been sponsored by dere boyfriends, some were faithful, some were not.....funny enough the faithful ones were majorly Ibo (its like ibo girls ve a sense of loyalty lacking in other tribes) and before u call me a tribalistic person, lemme tell u dat am urhobo and I am not into ibo girls... d unfaithful ones re Majorly**lemme not say it, lest I cause a tribal war** (dis tribe ehn even dere married women re loose)......

Now to answer ur question, personally I see nothing wrong wit it, I can and I will sponsor my gf to further her education, as long as I ve d money, why not!!!, I don't want to end up wit a patience jonathan, and I ve no qualms wit her having a higher qualification dan me....if she likes she can cheat on me @ skool, karma will take of dat.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by pleep(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27, 2013
# dumb nigga
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Mynd44: 9:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
pleep: I actually like it when these ladies dump you... such stupidity should not go unpunished. grin

Dont you ppl have relatives some village that need education?
Needing education and deserving it are to different things bro
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by pleep(m): 10:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Mynd_44:
Needing education and deserving it are to different things bro
Believe me man, if you try to educate these types of dude they wont listen.

When it comes to dating most men have to learn from their mistakes.
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Mynd44: 1:07am On Feb 28, 2013
pleep: Believe me man, if you try to educate these types of dude they wont listen.

When it comes to dating most men have to learn from their mistakes.
And they will keep making the same mistakes
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Nobody: 1:38am On Feb 28, 2013
Why upgrade someone else when you can upgrade yourself?
I can't train my love in school,for what,is her relative dead?
Invest in yourself,and ladies will come begging,than hoping on one cheap slutt,slugging out with someone else,while you foot the bill.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Kaynee: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
Yomieluv: Why upgrade someone else when you can upgrade yourself?
I can't train my love in school,for what,is her relative dead?
Invest in yourself,and ladies will come begging,than hoping on one cheap slutt,slugging out with someone else,while you foot the bill.
I subscribe to this view. I have heard very many negative outcome from both guys and ladies who trained their would be spouses to higher institutions only to be dumped with the popular line 'I will pay back all that you spent on me'. Its not a wise thing to do in this our age. It might have worked in the 80's and part of 90's but not in this millenium
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by haitto99(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
naija babes sha!! if u no fit marry am,y u dey collect money in d first place
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Mynd44: 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2013
haitto99: naija babes sha!! if u no fit marry am,y u dey collect money in d first place
If the guy offers, why should they reject? Who no like better thing?
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by sean0470: 11:03pm On Jul 01, 2013
;Omo no be this modern day oooo.....abi which kind play dog dey follow lion play...no monkey for idanre again oooo, I no dey run charity home wey I go dey send money 2 one olosho @t d end of d day come dump my ass..
Re: Is It Wise For Men/ladies To Sponsor Their Lovers In University These Days? by Kosigift(f): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2013
Yomieluv: Why upgrade someone else when you can upgrade yourself?

Doesn't dis sound selfish? undecided

Just like saying why give someone else breakfast when u can use dat 4 lunch or dinner shocked shocked. My dear, if u hv d opportunity as well as d means to help, pls do. D peace n joy u'll feel within 4 making sum1 beter shud be enuf to propel u to help. Buh if u must expect sumtin in return then u might as well keep d help to urself cos d truth is, people will in most cases not live up to ur xpectations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Men Really The Best Men In Africa / He Can't Sleep With His Girlfriend! / Advice From Linda Ikeji To Girls Out There... A Must Read! (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.