Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,868 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

The Dynamism Of Opinions - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Dynamism Of Opinions (454 Views)

See Trending Tweets On #myadvicetotrump Of Opinions To Donald Trump / Opinions And Advices Needed / Dynamism: Profile Of Ex-bank Ceos Two Years After Cbn’s Tenure Regulatory Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dynamism Of Opinions by gentlefada(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2013
Just realise today that an action cannot be so good that it would not have a flip(bad) side. I remember reading 2 or 3 years ago that Warren buffet and Bill gates made a promise to give almost 50% of their total wealth to charity and i thought that is as philanthropic and noble as any one could ever get, but today i read an interview of the current richest man in the world Carlos Slim popularly known as "slim" where he was quoted as saying that bill and warren giving 50% of their wealth would not solve the problem of poverty,that instead Bill should use ideas like he has done in the past to create more jobs for people and in his opinion this would be a more potent way of tackling poverty. Even though his statement sounded a bit harsh at first, a second look at what he said made me realise that he might actually be right because if you look at it donating money to charity would only give a temporary fix for the problems people are facing but not a permanent solution. Then i realised again that someone else might argue that "Slim" is just being miserly and does not want to part with his fortune. I guess it depend on who you ask.

(1) (Reply)

Dog Shoots Man In Florida - Maybe / Illuminati, Does It Really Exist? / Summarize LIFE In Just 3 Sentences.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.