Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,645 members, 7,921,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:51 AM

APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda (14927 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Saraki Unfolds Agenda For Nigeria As He Takes Over NASS / Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by tomakint: 12:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you not ashamed quoting and responding to my post alone? Please stop following me around. I don't like attention from lowlifes like you. I don't know what is indcated by how folks like you get obsessed with other forumers if not the fact that you have issues. The cretin Beaf behaved exactly same as this till he became deranged and imploded here. Who knows who you really are lurking under this lastpope user name.
Now the 'heat' is becoming unbearable and the only thing is to start 'begging' him to stop following you around, your 'beer parlour' psychobabbles have come under intense scrutiny and has been seen to be a ruse! Challenge the points he tossed at you or forever shut your trap, instead of this name-calling Mr Gbawe (take book or fast) smiley

1 Like

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Ahmedie25(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote
author=spywareczar]APC: muslims party or what?
Why is it that the Champions of APC are muslims?
PLEASE count us out of that merger. We can’t support APC. U lied that
it’s progressive, but it’sIslamic. Even we urge muslims with good faith
to desist from this APC for their true peace and growth of Islam and
Northerners. APC is a Muslim islamist party. If you doubt me check out
the big wigs of the party: Shetima Kashim, Abdul Aziz, Religious bigot
El-Rufai, Boko Haram General Buhari, Ibrahim Gaidan, Tinubu, Boko haram
wannabe, Aregbesola, Gov. Yari (Zamfara), Yerima, Umar Tanko, Alhaji
Fashola (I never knew he was a Muslim), Gov. Amosun, etc. These are all
Muslims who want to turn Nigeria into islamic country.[/quote] Are u sure u are not high?
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 12:43pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you not ashamed quoting and responding to my post alone? Please stop following me around. I don't like attention from lowlifes like you. I don't know what is indcated by how folks like you get obsessed with other forumers if not the fact that you have issues. The cretin Beaf behaved exactly same as this till he became deranged and imploded here. Who knows who you really are lurking under this lastpope user name.

As long as you go around posting blatant lies and useless propaganda, I will continue to call you and your gang out! This is not your bedroom. It is a public forum. If you don't want to be called out, stop posting, simple!

2 Likes

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by superbloke(m): 12:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
I thought of replying some posts but seeing the trend here, i changed my mind. It's really sad to see that we are partly to blame for what we suffer in this country. Instead of looking at things objectively, some people are just being unduly cynical. We say we want change, yet we seem not to know what change is or how we should get it. Our leaders pit us against ourselves and those who have what it takes to lead us to where we should be, and we foolishly accept their tribal and sentimental excuse for mediocrity, even to the point of religiously helping them achieve their aim.
@topic
Anyway, i'll expect the outcome of the committees and see how, in clear terms, they expect to achieve these goals. One thing is certain though, i'm not voting for the PDP.

1 Like

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by yomip3t(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
spywareczar: APC: muslims party or what?
PLEASE count us out of that merger. We can’t support APC. U lied that it’s progressive, but it’sIslamic. Even we urge muslims with good faith to desist from this APC for their true peace and growth of Islam and Northerners. APC is a Muslim islamist party. If you doubt me check out the big wigs of the party: Shetima Kashim, Abdul Aziz, Religious bigot El-Rufai, Boko Haram General Buhari, Ibrahim Gaidan, Tinubu, Boko haram wannabe, Aregbesola, Gov. Yari (Zamfara), Yerima, Umar Tanko, Alhaji Fashola (I never knew he was a Muslim), Gov. Amosun, etc. These are all Muslims who want to turn Nigeria into islamic country.

Guess u can't read or what ! Are u telln me Ngige and Olusegun Osoba muslims also Stop commenting rubbish on here. Don't be sentimental.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by olivertwist: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
APC' needs to be careful especially with these 'PDP HAS-BEENS' making noise all over the place.

As they say, a LEOPARD CAN'T CHANGE ITS COLOUR/SKIN. I pray these guys prove me wrong.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by yomip3t(m): 12:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mad Cow: (I guess this is number one.)diversify the country's economy and pursue the seven-point cardinal development initiative to;

1.provide qualitative education,

2.uninterrupted power supply,

3. full and gainful employment,

4.affordable local fuel,

5.healthcare

6.and food.

Did anybody notice that they didnt mention security?! Reason being that the chief Financier and strategist of the Boko Haram known as Buhari is in their midst. Also the Onye Isi ndi Kidnappers in the East known as Rochas Okorocha is also there. So there is no need to list security as one because when once they assume power, the criminals are automatically in government. #Period.

U must be blind for not reading "Eradication of Corruption"
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
tomakint:
Now the 'heat' is becoming unbearable and the only thing is to start 'begging' him to stop following you around, your 'beer parlour' psychobabbles have come under intense scrutiny and has been seen to be a ruse! Challenge the points he tossed at you or forever shut your trap, instead of this name-calling Mr Gbawe (take book or fast) smiley

Attention-seeking mumu, go and find a thread of bigotry to take your fancy. That is your natural environment. We know cretins like you were not created with a capacity for discussing issues.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by demmie1: 1:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
PLEASE count us out of that merger. We can’t support APC. U lied that it’s progressive, but it’sIslamic. Even we urge muslims with good faith to desist from this APC for their true peace and growth of Islam and Northerners. APC is a Muslim islamist party. If you doubt me check out the big wigs of the party: Shetima Kashim, Abdul Aziz, Religious bigot El-Rufai, Boko Haram General Buhari, Ibrahim Gaidan, Tinubu, Boko haram wannabe, Aregbesola, Gov. Yari (Zamfara), Yerima, Umar Tanko, Alhaji Fashola (I never knew he was a Muslim), Gov. Amosun, etc. These are all Muslims who want to turn Nigeria into islamic country.

Your mouth is extremely dirty, that's why you drooled in your post like a fu.KIN RE-TAR-DO. What's religion has to do with it?
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
thelastPope:

As long as you go around posting blatant lies and useless propaganda, I will continue to call you and your gang out! This is not your bedroom. It is a public forum. If you don't want to be called out, stop posting, simple!

Olodo. Who made you the policeman of the opinions on a public forum? Why not supply your own independent opinion so you can live and be known by it alone instead of limiting your usage of Nairaland to following others around effeminately , like a scorned b1tch, and speaking only to counter their opinion and utterances? Guy man up and stop being such a groupie. Exactly what you are doing killed other GEJ sycophants here. Bettered by superior reasoning, they focus on obsessive stalking, 'lost it' and disappeared.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by thelastPope(m): 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
Why people as so critics about this new born party.
somebody said it is a Muslim party, which is not;his okorocha a Muslim Man.
However, when you have qualitative education, uninterrupted power supply,employment opportunity and good health programm.
All these would not allowed Hooliganism and other evil act. when you have food control price and affordable fuel.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Aphrygian(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Reproduced below is what you wrote:
brother you said it all.its been like almost six month since i commented on nairaland,sometimes i feel like crying hearing some pple's mind like:the devil i no is better than the angel coming,PDP all d way e.t.c yet we cradle for a change how is dis gonna happen.some people dont no that the effect of looting in the 80's are wat we are experiencing.all i want is i want to leave a legacy for my children.

It is obvious to any sane person, not a mind reader, that your words literally means that you are saying security was not mentioned. Simple. Now you are shown that they indeed mentioned security, you change tact to say:

I will let others judge you because I don't have time for pointless back and forth based on using pedantism to hide how folks like you simply seek negatives to disguise your real agenda. I deliberately let this thread gain many responses before contributing beyond the initial post. The reason is that, before today, the criticism was "they have no manifesto", "we don't know their plan", "how come they have not revealed their plans for Nigeria" etc, etc, etc.

Now that this article provides a start towards everyone gaining an understanding of the thinking of the APC,suddenly, no one is interested any more. The criticism of yesterday, regarding lack of information, flies out of the window to be replaced with sneers about Audu Ogbeh and "why 7 and not 5 or 10". No one has even bothered to inspect salient issues. I say it here daily that many Nigerians, even if they don't know it, are mentally damaged goods who have long ceased to see what matters.

They tell you they want the PDP out yet mock every effort to make that happen even as they will never get involved themselves. They won't even register to vote!!!! They say they want more information yet when provided with that they quickly move on to other petty gripes without so much as a glance at the information they forcefully demanded yesterday. Nigeria and Nigerians. What a Country, what a people.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by rareman(m): 1:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
where are men and women of good will, why must we have the same old men who had been the clog in the wheel of our progress still running the show here. APC watch it, these names put a question mark to your progressive agenda
'Chief' Tom Ikimi
'Chief' Achike Udenwa
'Chief' Audu Ogbe and very many of them. Even a new born baby knows the 'progressive' nature of these men not to talk of the other 'progressive' sponsors.
We are watching!!!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by tomakint: 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Attention-seeking mumu, go and find a thread of bigotry to take your fancy. That is your natural environment. We know cretins like you were not created with a capacity for discussing issues.
Your likes are not strange to me, you got 'undressed' in the market square and the next thing you wanna fight dirty, no word for you son, keep wallowing in your I-too-know psychobabbles embarassed it seems the 'fufu' you packed upstairs is not wired for logic you this 'Tinubu thug' undecided
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Wsdm: 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
musKeeto: In this case, the devil we do not know may be better than the angel(PDP) we've known since democracy..
... Afterall the devil in PDP has gone to the extreme in which other devils( in APC) may not near.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2013
rareman :
where are men and women of good will
, why must we have the same old men who had been the clog in the wheel of our progress still running the show here. APC watch it, these names put a question mark to your progressive agenda
'Chief' Tom Ikimi
'Chief' Achike Udenwa
'Chief' Audu Ogbe and very many of them. Even a new born baby knows the 'progressive' nature of these men not to talk of the other 'progressive' sponsors.
We are watching!!!

Why are you calling on others? Are you not a man of "goodwill"? As long as you will not get involved, then you should be humble enough to look pragmatically at those, for good or bad, who offer themselves to lead while hoping evolution takes care of everything else.

If you are someone able to introspect honestly then you will accept that Nigeria belongs to me and you and that unsavoury elements have only been able to hijack everything good about our nation because we all stay on the sideline seeking messiahs while reserving the right to contribute nada to create the nation we want.

For now, the APC , even if not perfect, is another welcomed mallet chipping away at the unacceptable status quo because it hosts the good guys we all support even if you and others want to make the Party about a few individuals you perceive as 'unfit'. If you want to focus on the few Ogbehs, Udenwas and Ikimis as the identity of the Party, then be my guest.

1 Like

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by ManofSteel1: 1:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
senseless
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by DVanguard: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
tomakint:
People like you will always have problems understanding the political terrain of this country, they already gave out the names of those who hold forte in the new party (APC) tell me what makes them 'another set of people' according to your warped view undecided

funny things will never stop happening in a great country like ours. They term Tinubu as a SW champion, Buhari as Northern champion, Shekarau as NW champion, Rochas as partly SE champion, yet they come together to form a party we still criticise them. It as if we dont know what we want. I like to argue in a practical and factual way. let compare parties and their control state in terms of their interest and use of power, development from internal and external resources. I stand to be corrected PDP has more states than most of the parties, have more funds, but development within their controlled state are minimal with respect to other parties. Lets not forget that if new names are brought forward the same people that are against the known names will tell you he would be a failure cos he is not known and he cannot perform. We all know that Fashola was not known but today either anybody likes it or not he is the best governor in Nigeria from his antecendent (present gov). I laugh when people say parties in Nigeria dont have ideaology. It tells lot about us cos we can see they have different approach to issues and different mindset but do we really understand the word ideaology. I doubt it cos most of our politicians and electorate dont understand the rudiment of democracy, its operation , its modes and operandi. there are lots of loop holes in our understanding. PDP's manifesto talks about pushing true federalism to its fullest, can some one remind one policy that PDP have pushed to favour true federalism, do they even talk about it. Tinubu have been a serious fighter of true democracy.( Tinubu/Obasanjo LG) that lead to the creation of Governor forum initiated by Tinubu himself to pressurise the FG, but today it have been hijacked by PDP. PDP ideaology is neoliberal (economic liberalism) and stance in its economic policies and maintains a conservative (social convervatism) stance while ACN is classical Liberalism and maintains a progressivism stance. Now do we understand the stance and policies under this ideaology, Nope. We are just good in making noise but we dont sit to read or study their differences. Nigerians have a lot to learn and understand in democracy, yet the motive of every body is to have food on the table, shelter, water, good road, good school etc but the way to go about it varies from individuals to groups of people.

1 Like

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by tomakint: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
D'Vanguard:

funny things will never stop happening in a great country like ours. They term Tinubu as a SW champion, Buhari as Northern champion, Shekarau as NW champion, Rochas as partly SE champion, yet they come together to form a party we still criticise them. It as if we dont know what we want. I like to argue in a practical and factual way. let compare parties and their control state in terms of their interest and use of power, development from internal and external resources. I stand to be corrected PDP has more states than most of the parties, have more funds, but development within their controlled state are minimal with respect to other parties. Lets not forget that if new names are brought forward the same people that are against the known names will tell you he would be a failure cos he is not known and he cannot perform. We all know that Fashola was not known but today either anybody likes it or not he is the best governor in Nigeria from his antecendent (present gov). I laugh when people say parties in Nigeria dont have ideaology. It tells lot about us cos we can see they have different approach to issues and different mindset but do we really understand the word ideaology. I doubt it cos most of our politicians and electorate dont understand the rudiment of democracy, its operation , its modes and operandi. there are lots of loop holes in our understanding. PDP's manifesto talks about pushing true federalism to its fullest, can some one remind one policy that PDP have pushed to favour true federalism, do they even talk about it. Tinubu have been a serious fighter of true democracy.( Tinubu/Obasanjo LG) that lead to the creation of Governor forum initiated by Tinubu himself to pressurise the FG, but today it have been hijacked by PDP. PDP ideaology is neoliberal (economic liberalism) and stance in its economic policies and maintains a conservative (social convervatism) stance while ACN is classical Liberalism and maintains a progressivism stance. Now do we understand the stance and policies under this ideaology, Nope. We are just good in making noise but we dont sit to read or study their differences. Nigerians have a lot to learn and understand in democracy, yet the motive of every body is to have food on the table, shelter, water, good road, good school etc but the way to go about it varies from individuals to groups of people.
Meaning, this is the party that will take Nigeria to the 'Promised Land' undecided
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by jmaine: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
BlueMurder:

@bolded, is that what the courts told you? In any case, does it matter that Ndume was a former ANPP member?

Yes it matters cos BH is an offshoot of the Ecomog political thugs controlled by the ANPP . . . .

The SSS claimed that Konduga disclosed that Boko Haram had origins in a militia group called ECOMOG which enjoyed the patronage of top politicians in the north-eastern state of Borno, especially the then Governor Ali Modu Sheriff. Konduga reportedly confessed that he was formerly a member of the ECOMOG militia group before he and several of his colleagues joined Boko Haram.

[url=http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/mobile/sunday-magazine/cover/34867-tracking-the-sect%E2%80%99s-cash-flow.html]Source[/url]

BlueMurder:

Was it not post-2011 when he had become a PDP member, that the BH menace became deadlier? Was it not between October 3 and November 3, 2011 that 73 communication contacts were discovered between him and Konduga? Was he still in ANPP at that time? Read the link below and get yourself educated

How does this erase the glaring fact that his former party in which he was a chieftain a few months ago had concrete links to the BH members . . .
BH escalated simply because they were stealthily supported by the core North as a blackmail tool to wrest power unto themselves . . . . . . .

The link you provided said nothing unusual, so i wonder what education your feel your passing grin

BlueMurder:

Again, i ask, if Ali Modu Sheriff and Ibrahim Shekarau are BH financiers as you allege, why are they still free men in the society? What does that say about the competence of this administration?

When the SSS establish an unquenchable link between them and BH beyond all reasonable doubt, they will be arraigned like a Serving Senator called Ali Ndume

If a PDP member in Ndume could be arraigned, then what doubt are you left with . . .

btw,Still doesn't change the fact that the APC is not immune in your attempt to categorize BH supporters/financiers . . .

BlueMurder: Btw, are you tired of repeating the mantra that Buhari is BH's chief financier?

Even though i never mentioned Buhari as the Chief Financier of BH in my post, his valid loss to GEJ further angered the core North which fueled and supported the geometric rise of the BH menace

The Core North are united in their quest to wrest power back unto themselves and it cuts across all party base . .Only the naive is blind to this . . .

BlueMurder:
Really, you are beginning to sound like a broken record!

You are simply too naive if you feel so . . . .

BlueMurder:
P.S: I don't remember saying that i am an APC member/supporter. Where did you get that from?

Okay Noted, but your future post in this section will provide better proof . . . . . .
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by DVanguard: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
tomakint:
Meaning, this is the party that will take Nigeria to the 'Promised Land' undecided

I never said that they will take us to the promise land, but they have the tendency from their antecedent which both of us can attestate to. I want to limit my discussion to the 2 parties in Nigeria that have shown some sign of direction. PDP and ACN. their beleieve, ideaology politically and economics differ, even if most Nigerians dont understand really what ideaology meant. PDP's ideaology for the past 14 yrs have failed us from the economic part of it. The PDP control FG has failed while some of its state have performed not because of the parties ideaology but because of their own stands and believe.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by ManofSteel1: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2013

I can see why nigerian politics will never progress beyond peoples ethno-religious sentiments. Its simply because of narrow minded thinking of people like you. what you have plainly stated here is that no matter how credible the candidate is, you will not vote him as long as he is a muslim but rather vote the worst option if he happens to be the only christian. you seemed to have like Governor Fashola(and all that he has achieved as a governor) but suddenly hate him now just because you discovered now that he is a muslim. your type sickens me to the bones in the midst of rising unemployment,infrstructural decay, poverty, mismanagement, corruption etc. I dont care even if it is a muslim-muslim ticket or a christian-christian ticket as long as revolutionary change for the better is guaranteed;Nigeria is nothing more than a [b]religious country without God[/b]so it makes no difference to me where the leader comes from. come 2015 reasonable Nigerians are not going to vote for the party but will vote for the candidate. We instead should pray that APC is able to at least just give us a credible alternative as a candidate to what pdp is planning to offer. preferebly a candidate who is (at least meets up to 80% of requirements) younger,strong-willed,disciplined,visionary,honest
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by DVanguard: 2:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
We need to understand the Basic Idealogies of Both parties in Nigeria according to their economic policies.
PDP - Neoliberalism
According to Boas and Gans-Morse nowadays the most common use of the term neoliberalism refers to economic reform policies such as “eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets and lowering trade barriers”, and reducing state influence on the economy especially by privatization and fiscal austerity. The term is used in several senses: as an ideology the term is used to denote a conception of freedom as an overarching social value associated with reducing state functions to those of a minimal state; and finally as an academic paradigm the term is closely related to neoclassical economic theory.

Some people believe that the term is used as a pejorative for policies that deregulate the private sector and increase its role in the economy
Neoliberalism is in the first instance a theory of political economic practices that proposes that human well-being can best be advanced by liberating individual entrepreneurial freedoms and skills within an institutional framework characterized by strong private property rights, free markets and free trade. The role of the state is to create and preserve an institutional framework appropriate to such practices. The state has to guarantee, for example, the quality and integrity of money. It must also set up those military, defence, police and legal structures and functions required to secure private property rights and to guarantee, by force if need be, the proper functioning of markets. Furthermore, if markets do not exist (in areas such as land, water, education, health care, social security, or environmental pollution) then they must be created, by state action if necessary. But beyond these tasks the state should not venture. State interventions in markets (once created) must be kept to a bare minimum because, according to the theory, the state cannot possibly possess enough information to second-guess market signals (prices) and because powerful interest groups will inevitably distort and bias state interventions (particularly in democracies) for their own benefit.
Neoliberalism seeks to transfer control of the economy from public to the private sector, under the belief that it will produce a more efficient government and improve the economic health of the nation. The definitive statement of the concrete policies advocated by neoliberalism is often taken[citation needed] to be "Washington Consensus", a list of policy proposals that appeared to have gained consensus approval among the Washington-based international economic organizations (like the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank). Williamson's list included ten points:
Fiscal policy Governments should not run large deficits that have to be paid back by future citizens, and such deficits can have only a short term effect on the level of employment in the economy. Constant deficits will lead to higher inflation and lower productivity, and should be avoided. Deficits should only be used for occasional stabilization purposes.
Redirection of public spending from subsidies (especially what neoliberals call "indiscriminate subsidies"wink and other spending neoliberals deem wasteful toward broad-based provision of key pro-growth, pro-poor services like primary education, primary health care and infrastructure investment
Tax reform– broadening the tax base and adopting moderate marginal tax rates to encourage innovation and efficiency;
Interest rates that are market determined and positive (but moderate) in real terms;
Floating exchange rates;
Trade liberalization – liberalization of imports, with particular emphasis on elimination of quantitative restrictions (licensing, etc.); any trade protection to be provided by low and relatively uniform tariffs; thus encouraging competition and long term growth
Liberalization of the "capital account" of the balance of payments, that is, allowing people the opportunity to invest funds overseas and allowing foreign funds to be invested in the home country
Privatization of state enterprises; Promoting market provision of goods and services which the government cannot provide as effectively or efficiently, such as telecommunications, where having many service providers promotes choice and competition.
Deregulation – abolition of regulations that impede market entry or restrict competition, except for those justified on safety, environmental and consumer protection grounds, and prudent oversight of financial institutions;
Legal security for property rights;
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Olaolufred(m): 2:34pm On Feb 21, 2013

SOMETHING IS PUSHING ME TO SAY,"YOU ARE STUPID"
OH DID I SAY IT?
PLS, I'M SORRY.
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by mjib22: 2:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
PLEASE count us out of that merger. We can’t support APC. U lied that it’s progressive, but it's Islamic. Even we urge muslims with good faith to desist from this APC for their true peace and growth of Islam and Northerners. APC is a Muslim Islamic party. If you doubt me check out the big wigs of the party: SHETTIMA Quasi, Abdul Aziz, Religious bigot Elmhurst, Book Ha ram General Buses, Ibrahim Gain, Tinny, Book ha ram wannabe, Aretha, Gov. Yard (Zambia), Yerima, Umar Tan ko, Alhaji Fashion (I never knew he was a Muslim), Gov. Amos un, etc. These are all Muslims who want to turn Nigeria into islamic country.
. Hmmm nawawoooo. I ..I I idiot
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Nuzo1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
I could still hear Ikimi voice counting PDP votes in Unity sqaure in 2003.
Obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo....

Hilarious!
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by bubadaniel13: 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Is it not the same Tom Ikimi during the Abatcha government,i don't think people of his likes have any good thing to offer...
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Olaolufred(m): 3:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Nuzo':
I could still hear Ikimi voice counting PDP votes in Unity sqaure in 2003.
Obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo, obasanjo....

Hilarious!

DOES THIS REALLY MATTER?
WHAT OF IF IKIMI DISCOVERS ALONG THE LINE THAT PDP IS NOT A PARTY TO CONTINUE WITH?
HAVE YOU EVER HAD A FRIEND THAT YOU HAD TO DISSOCIATE FROM FOR A REASON? IT IS POSSIBLE.
I STILL REMEMBER HOW AUDU OGBE CRITICISED HIS OWN PARTY AS A CHAIRMAN OF THE PARTY.
AFTER FEW WEEKS, OBASANJO SAW HIM OFF.
SO, IT IS POSSIBLE YOU DISSOCIATE YOURSELF FROM A GROUP WHO MIGHT HAVE STARTED WITH HOPE BUT GOT DERAILED ALONG THE LINE.
SO POSSIBLE.

1 Like

Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Okijajuju1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
APC!!!

Wether they change their names 1 million times, ressurect SDP and NRC to join their coalition, release 1 billion point Agenda or even share 1 bag of rice to all Nigerians, they will never win the Presidencial elections of Nigeria..

Like Mad Cow will say; Aboki must shine our shoe..

#Mission 2015... Fresh Breeze for all..... PDP carry go..
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by jmaine: 3:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
^

Abeg na who shackle mad cow ID cheesy
Re: APC Unfolds 7-point Agenda by Gbawe: 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
D'Vanguard:
We need to understand the Basic Idealogies of Both parties in Nigeria according to their economic policies.
PDP - Neoliberalism
According to Boas and Gans-Morse nowadays the most common use of the term neoliberalism refers to economic reform policies such as “eliminating price controls, deregulating capital markets and lowering trade barriers”, and reducing state influence on the economy especially by privatization and fiscal austerity. The term is used in several senses: as an ideology the term is used to denote a conception of freedom as an overarching social value associated with reducing state functions to those of a minimal state; and finally as an academic paradigm the term is closely related to neoclassical economic theory.

Some people believe that the term is used as a pejorative for policies that deregulate the private sector and increase its role in the economy
Neoliberalism is in the first instance a theory of political economic practices that proposes that human well-being can best be advanced by liberating individual entrepreneurial freedoms and skills within an institutional framework characterized by strong private property rights, free markets and free trade. The role of the state is to create and preserve an institutional framework appropriate to such practices. The state has to guarantee, for example, the quality and integrity of money. It must also set up those military, defence, police and legal structures and functions required to secure private property rights and to guarantee, by force if need be, the proper functioning of markets. Furthermore, if markets do not exist (in areas such as land, water, education, health care, social security, or environmental pollution) then they must be created, by state action if necessary. But beyond these tasks the state should not venture. State interventions in markets (once created) must be kept to a bare minimum because, according to the theory, the state cannot possibly possess enough information to second-guess market signals (prices) and because powerful interest groups will inevitably distort and bias state interventions (particularly in democracies) for their own benefit.
Neoliberalism seeks to transfer control of the economy from public to the private sector, under the belief that it will produce a more efficient government and improve the economic health of the nation. The definitive statement of the concrete policies advocated by neoliberalism is often taken[citation needed] to be "Washington Consensus", a list of policy proposals that appeared to have gained consensus approval among the Washington-based international economic organizations (like the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank). Williamson's list included ten points:
Fiscal policy Governments should not run large deficits that have to be paid back by future citizens, and such deficits can have only a short term effect on the level of employment in the economy. Constant deficits will lead to higher inflation and lower productivity, and should be avoided. Deficits should only be used for occasional stabilization purposes.
Redirection of public spending from subsidies (especially what neoliberals call "indiscriminate subsidies"wink and other spending neoliberals deem wasteful toward broad-based provision of key pro-growth, pro-poor services like primary education, primary health care and infrastructure investment
Tax reform– broadening the tax base and adopting moderate marginal tax rates to encourage innovation and efficiency;
Interest rates that are market determined and positive (but moderate) in real terms;
Floating exchange rates;
Trade liberalization – liberalization of imports, with particular emphasis on elimination of quantitative restrictions (licensing, etc.); any trade protection to be provided by low and relatively uniform tariffs; thus encouraging competition and long term growth
Liberalization of the "capital account" of the balance of payments, that is, allowing people the opportunity to invest funds overseas and allowing foreign funds to be invested in the home country
Privatization of state enterprises; Promoting market provision of goods and services which the government cannot provide as effectively or efficiently, such as telecommunications, where having many service providers promotes choice and competition.
Deregulation – abolition of regulations that impede market entry or restrict competition, except for those justified on safety, environmental and consumer protection grounds, and prudent oversight of financial institutions;
Legal security for property rights;

If we had more contributing intelligently as you do perhaps the cretins here will learn or at worst be shamed into silence. Many here try to get the forum looking at issues but that approach is never successful because majority prefer a sentimental and personality-focused examination of every topic under discussion.

I have tried, to no end, to show that almost any Party will be better than the PDP if we inspect the core ideology and political leaning of the ruling Party. The PDP, because it shaping pillars are essentially the crude thinking of the military/uniformed class, cannot sanction any economic model which will truly liberate Nigeria to develop optimally via leveraging on merit and the notion of letting unbridled innate talent, present in all Nigerians, position us optimally.

We have not said any Party is full of saint and we are not arguing that Nigeria will become utopia under any Party. The consistent argument is that Nigeria will move frward considerably under any Party aside the PDP because the ruling Party is merely an apparatus with which former military men reinvented themselves in 1999 to continue the democratic despoil of Nigeria they had carried on , all too easily, previously in their military attire.

Ultimately, when some attain the mental maturity to enable them discern issues, it will be obvious that the PDP's ideology remains one allied to deceitful gradualism which was deliberately initiated , and nurtured since, to prolong the precise conditions that makes Nigeria so hideously underdeveloped.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Army Rescues 3,000 Civilians From Boko Haram - Military Sources Confirm / Akwa Ibom PDP Writes Bukola Saraki, Demands Akpabio’s Recall / Atiku Support Groups Lament Lack Of Campaign Materials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.