Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,400 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:38 PM

Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? (640 Views)

8 Steps To Creating A Successful Record Label In Nigeria / How To Sign A New Record Label In Nigeria / Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by phatwall: 3:41pm On Feb 21, 2013
Let's have ur comments.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by DanG1(m): 6:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
I think it is Square Redords
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by JahJaa(m): 7:52am On Feb 22, 2013
Why think so
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by phatwall: 11:38am On Feb 22, 2013
I think it's EME cos o' d amount of artistes and singles they worked on in d past 2 yrs wizkid,skales,niyola & banky w..a lot o' solo singles,videos and their collabo album..i gve it 2 them..#JustMyOpinion
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by ghyxzo: 6:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
phatwall: Let's have ur comments.
hmmm i wil givin up 2choc city cuz of dia organize way of doin tinz bt banky is a crazy manager n C O E
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by ghyxzo: 6:47pm On Feb 22, 2013
phatwall: Let's have ur comments.
hmmm i wil giv it up 2choc city cuz of dia organize way of doin tinz bt banky is a crazy manager n C O E
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by eleshin(m): 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
Choc city!
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
ghyxzo: hmmm i wil giv it up 2choc city cuz of dia organize way of doin tinz bt banky is a crazy manager n C O E
Why?
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by Mynd44: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
ghyxzo: hmmm i wil giv it up 2choc city cuz of dia organize way of doin tinz bt banky is a crazy manager n C O E
I think it is EME
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by DanG1(m): 10:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Jah-Jaa:
Why think so
Square records have had a huge growth, they originate nice concepts for their songs and videos, their good choreography sense, ability to be able to work in and outside Africa and their growth recently
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by timecop28: 11:44am On Feb 27, 2013
Dan-G:

Square records have had a huge growth, they originate nice concepts for their songs and videos, their good choreography sense, ability to be able to work in and outside Africa and their growth recently
and how many artistes are there on Square records?? That isn't a record label to me. The Nigerian music industry has swerved th from the main definition, responsibilities and objectives of a record label. Create a label name doesn't necessarily make it a record label and this is in fact what most Nigerian artistes do now. Labels without a recording studio and proper management structure flying all around. only a few are close to making the list of what a proper record label is. Some of these few are Kennis music, Choc city, Storm Records, Capital hill, EME, Trybe records, Mavin records, Serengeti, Knighthouse, etc. These ones have a proper label structure.
Re: Which Do You Think Is The Hardest Working Record Label In Nigeria? by overboard(m): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2013
@timecop28
A label don't necessarily have to have a recording studio. That a studio has been setup also don't translate automatically to being a label though the two factors are mutually exclusive.
Also, not singling out any of the aforementioned as having proper structure, only a handful really do have a true record company blueprint. Unfortunately, distribution seems to be the exclusive reserve of Alaba even with all the good "attempts" by Soforte & Iman /Trybe...
A&R in most cases is chiefly executed by excitement, sentiments, nepotism...
Many dey try shall especially with all the risks but truly, we have very few. Can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Durella – Buddy Hanging Ft Olamide / [music] Bred – Longtime / Danny Young - Kunle Ole [lazy Kunle - Freestyle]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.