Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,226 members, 7,910,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 03:50 AM

Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends (1042 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Am Not Dead See The Old And New! [photo] / Mysterious Winner Takes Earth Messages In Brazil, London And New York / 18yrs Old And Maturity! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by RNBqueen(f): 6:01pm On Mar 16, 2008
Hay everyone, Well this is Eve the one and only Eve that was here be4
Was gone but have come back again, hope everyone here are ok.
Well am glad to see NL again hope our Brother Seun doesnt slap me back again.
cos am happy to be here. tongue

ps. am not the Eve some of you used to know , this is another Eve :p

cheers kiss
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by iice(f): 4:39am On Mar 17, 2008
Eveseh shocked shocked
Welcome back grin
You certainly sound different grin
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 4:45am On Mar 17, 2008
Hi Icii,
Are you in Nigeria right now? I nedd help,
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 4:48am On Mar 17, 2008
IICE,

I need help very quickly, please,

I'm waiting for you.
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by iice(f): 4:53am On Mar 17, 2008
No am not there
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 4:56am On Mar 17, 2008
Ok,
I need to know if banks in Nigeria don't accept credit cards from abroad banks. I also want to know if in Nigeria credit cards are not allowed to buy expenses like air tickts, supermarket, shops, etc. It may sound strange, but I knew a guy in the internet and he says he's an american engineer who went to Nigeria to work for a cell phone company, in a short term contract. He cannot go back to america because he cannot buy his ticket because they don't allow credit cards and he doesn't have cash due to his money was transfered to his account in the USA, but he cannot withdraw because nigeria banks do not allow transactions with credit cards. He's asking me to "land" him 300 US. Is it possible or do you think he's lying?
Hoep to be hearing from you soon.
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by iice(f): 5:04am On Mar 17, 2008
Maybe you should address your question to the land. . .
I don't live there, haven't been home in a while so am not exactly the right person to give you advice or answer your questions - sorry. But I think you can purchase stuffs with a nigerian credit card in nigeria. Am not too sure of it though. undecided
Make a thread, and am sure you will get the answers to the questions you are seeking. Goodluck
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 5:07am On Mar 17, 2008
Thanks anyway!
Bye
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by uspry1(f): 5:53am On Mar 17, 2008
@chritina

Few things I want to ask you on the following questions at below:

1. Do you know him very well? How long?

2. Are you chat via Yahoo Instant Messenge or on the phone faceless with him?

3. Are you American? Nigerian?

If you don't know him well between 1 day to 6 months, you chat with him either YIM or phone, and you are American, then yes it is possible that he is lying to you. He is yahoo-yahoo boy.

Secondly, all regulated Nigerian banks have SWIFT transfer, an international system for money transfers between banks. No government agency is involved in either way. Each bank has a unique swift code, for some transactions (like most when you're dealing with Nigeria), you need to pass through an intermediary bank. See http://www.swift.com/ for more info.

No need to loan your $300 US dollar sending him by Western Union or Moneygram! He has bank account opening in the USA, all he do is open new Nigerian bank domiciliary account  in order to set up SWIFT transfer cash out money himself.

Or he can access to Western Union/Moneygram online to use his credit card sending his own money via Western Union/Moneygram. He need to be registered online in either Western Union or Moneygram with secured username/password accessing transaction transfer to send money via credit card to Western Union/Moneygram directly.

Third, all Nigerians are blacklisted on both US/UK credit card systems which mean Nigerians not allow to purchase or order on their Nigerian credit cards. Western Union and Moneygram in Nigeria are not allow sending money from Nigeria to US, but Nigerian can receive money via Western Union/Moneygram from US.

Most Nigerian online sites under Interswitch merchant system accepts Nigerian credit cards, but not US/UK online sites!!!! That is fact!

Nigeria is cash transaction system, not PLASTIC CREDIT CARD like American/UK do!!! Because of scamming/fraud/corruption!!!

Finally, $300 US dollars are not enough to purchase one way plane ticket returning to the US.  It costs him $700_$1700 one way plane ticket from Nigeria to US!!!

Do your homework yourself to investigate him and find out what is the name of cell phone company he works for. Maybe it is fake! Good luck!
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2008
Dear USPRY1!

Thank you so much for such complete information. It's very helpful!

I'm going to answer your questions and will explain why I am here trying to understand it.

1. Do you know him very well? How long?
I don't know him at all. I "met" him in the internet one month ago, I think.

2. Are you chat via Yahoo Instant Messenge or on the phone faceless with him?
Yes, I am. I saw pictures he sent me, but that's all. He try to called me sometimes, but we never ever spoke.

3. Are you American? Nigerian?
Neither American, nor Nigerian! I'm from South America.

If you don't know him well between 1 day to 6 months, you chat with him either YIM or phone, and you are American, then yes it is possible that he is lying to you. He is yahoo-yahoo boy.
Well, well, well, I'm sure he's lying to me. Of course I won't loan money to him at all. I'm checking because it sounded strange to me that they didn't accept USA/UK credit or cash cards in Nigeria. But most of all, what called my attention the most was:
1) He got this job in the internet and didn't check rules or regulations and also other facilities about the country, bank system, etc. Very strange for an american, specially an engineer.
2) He got his daughter with him. How could he go to Nigeria with a kid without checking the things I wrote above?
3) I told him to ask cash for any friend in USA. He said he has got any friends. The only friend he had is deceased.
4) I told him to ask cash for his "only" sister. he said he was trying to contact her in Australia. He said he did it yesterday, but he got the information that she's sick, in the hospital.
5) Look at this dialogue between him and I:
Him Chritina are you supportive to ur man
Him Chritina in giving courage
Chritina Him of course, if I have support of him, life is an exchange
Him Chritina advise and even financially
Him Chritina even financiaally
Him Chritina ?
Chritina Him go ahead
Him Chritina even finacially ?
6) He said that his boss went to Ecuador and transfer his money to his account in USA. Why the boss wold do that from Ecuador, without asking him what to do with the money, specially if he knows how difficult it is to use credit or cash cards in Nigeria?

Secondly, all regulated Nigerian banks have SWIFT transfer, an international system for money transfers between banks. No government agency is involved in either way. Each bank has a unique swift code, for some transactions (like most when you're dealing with Nigeria), you need to pass through an intermediary bank. See http://www.swift.com/ for more info.

No need to loan your $300 US dollar sending him by Western Union or Moneygram! He has bank account opening in the USA, all he do is open new Nigerian bank domiciliary account in order to set up SWIFT transfer cash out money himself.

Or he can access to Western Union/Moneygram online to use his credit card sending his own money via Western Union/Moneygram. He need to be registered online in either Western Union or Moneygram with secured username/password accessing transaction transfer to send money via credit card to Western Union/Moneygram directly.

Third, all Nigerians are blacklisted on both US/UK credit card systems which mean Nigerians not allow to purchase or order on their Nigerian credit cards. Western Union and Moneygram in Nigeria are not allow sending money from Nigeria to US, but Nigerian can receive money via Western Union/Moneygram from US.

Most Nigerian online sites under Interswitch merchant system accepts Nigerian credit cards, but not US/UK online sites!!!! That is fact!

Nigeria is cash transaction system, not PLASTIC CREDIT CARD like American/UK do!!! Because of scamming/fraud/corruption!!!

Finally, $300 US dollars are not enough to purchase one way plane ticket returning to the US. It costs him $700_$1700 one way plane ticket from Nigeria to US!!! ---> I know that. He said he was selling his stuff and it's missing 300 USD to buy the ticket for him and for his daughter. I told him I don't have this money and he insisted saying that if I could help with less than that, would be useful. Everything sounded very, very strange!

Do your homework yourself to investigate him and find out what is the name of cell phone company he works for. Maybe it is fake! Good luck! -----> The first name of company he told me I couldn't find. Then he said another one and gave me the adress, etc. Of course I will not look for it. I don't care where he works (if he works) I don't care about anything. Maybe he thought I'm a stupid woman, that would fall in love with him!!! lol I don't trust in men of my country, that I have close relationship, speak the same language and don't ask me for money, I would never ever trust in someone I don't know. lol The other thing is that I heard same things, same situation from a man who said it's a engineer how owns a company and was facing problems in Nigeria to get his equipment clean in other to take them away from the port. No cash at all, with the daughter, bla, bla, bla, They are really good parents!!! lol lol lol I just didn't know that this kind of thing was common in America/UK.

Well, once again thanks very much for your infos and help.

Wish you all the best.

Take care! wink)
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by HRhotness(f): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2008
@ Chritina

He is Lying!
I use my credit and debit card in Nigeria all the time, there is a charge but its possible.
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by uspry1(f): 2:12pm On Mar 17, 2008
@Chritina

You're welcome! He is simply yahoo-yahoo boy tricking people to tell his sympathy stories in order to make money via Western Union/Moneygram! That is what he do making a living! He is jobless 419er at the Nigeria Cyber-cafe somewhere in Nigeria! Never been as American Engineer himself!

It is called Online Dating scam!!! It still claims as 419. It happens everywhere in the world!!!

What a laugh! Inconsistency stories such as his boss went to Ecudor for money transfer transaction, his sick sister in Australia, and no mentioned about his family and relatives in the US. Very funny!

No need to fly over Ecudor for money transferring to US banks, SWIFT transfer systems can do that!

You are so smart, NEVER GIVE OUT MONEY TO ANYONE STRANGER THAT YOU DON'T KNOW! All you do is block his yahoo ID/email address/his phone number and stay away from him!
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2008
Hi everybody!

I'd love to tell him that he's a bastard and also to denouce him to the police, these guys should be caught. Thanks God I'm smart, but there are other ladys who are not and might get involved with them and sometimes, they have such a conversation, that are able to take everything away from them. But before blocking him, I'll tell him I'll send some money, just to check if he's going to say the name of the banks you told me! lol lol lol lol

Well, tomorrow I'll let you know! Tomorrow we will have news!

Take care!
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by Chritina: 1:44am On Mar 20, 2008
Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing fine!
Here i am again, sorry for the delay but I only got a reply from the bastard today. I sent him the following message:

"Richard,
I wait for you yesterday until 00:30 am. Where have you been? I have the 300 USD you need. I'm so happy that I can help you and kathy now, I want to know the bank account information, so I can transfer the money and you'll be able to live Nigeria very soon. Plese, let me know.
Kiss,"

And here is his reply:

"Hello mysweet Dream
i got your message and i am very happy to have you over there to support me , honestly i was unable to come online yesterday just because i am not happy and i thought i will be making you hurt by telling you that i did nt get the money and i am very ashamed even to tell u because i know you stress so much about me
, but now dear i am happy that you made a way out for us that really shows your care and love o us
i will be sending you the information you will required to send the money because i didnt bank with them here
Below are my driver information because he is the one that has right to receive money from western union money transfer OR money gramm money transfer here because he is a citizen and has citizenship card

NAME: : FALANA ADEKUNLE AFEEZ

ADDRESS : 57 FALANA STREET EJIGBO

CITY : EJIGBO

STATE : LAGOS

ZIPCODE : 23401

Dear all you have to do is to go to any bank that operate western union money transfer OR moneygram , that is the fastest means of getting money to any destination in the world i will be waiting for your response t know if u got my message , but soon i will be online so that we can have a nice chat .

Richard."

I wanted to see the name of the banks he would say I could make the money transfer, and there it is, western union or meneygram. You were absolutely right: he's a yahoo-yahoo boy.

I'd like to send a message telling him that he's a liar and that I caught him. Is there any harm in that? What do you think?

Hope to be hearing from you.

Best wishes!
Re: Hayyyyyyyyyyy. Old And New Friends by ogrebuga(m): 1:02am On Apr 20, 2008
Sherlock-holmes cheesy wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Curse a lot And are rude to each other. / Ugu Spice Lands Nigerian In Mexican Jail, Police Mistook It For Cocaine / Gabry! Gabry!! Gabry!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.