Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,788 members, 7,930,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:13 AM

Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans (23737 Views)

Etisalat Nigeria Blackberry 10 Plans / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by henryblaze25(m): 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2013
Abeg make una ask MTN if the plan go dey for farily used?
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by netintelligence: 6:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
cecegorz:
That's right bro.
Especially when you can still subscribe for 1500 monthly BIS on your android, share the data through your wifi tethering, and feed your lappy and other devices.
pls how do I get to subscribe 1500 and browse unlimited on my android phone?
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
Hi techies... I read the full MTN press release on BB 10 data limits. The thing is that BB 10 is going to open the eyes of many users to data intensive apps and this might not pay the networks. Imagine for example an app that downloads automatically all your favorite Naija songs from youtube at every point in time without no input from urs (this already exist on android) and u still want to pay 1500... Haba. Thank God I made the sound decision of getting a legacy bb. I stream all the internet radio I want etc. Infact my data usage monthly can be as much as 10GB. I have a friend that downloads up to 30GB per month on his blackberry. But I bliv that someone that can drop 100k a month to pre-order a fone shud also av as much as 5k every month to feed it...hehehe...Eventually the MTN network will stop unlimited, the legacy blackberries will fade out, and we will all be on the same level with the android and ios guys in terms of amount paid for data.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Revolva(m): 6:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
When I never crase BB 10 kor ..I go carry 100k buy fone !!! Nonsense
Omo I dey wit my curve 3 dey download d whole world jare...who cares about fones..sey fone na property!! People dey buy land dey build house na BB 10 dem wan use mugu us

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by yommys01(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
This is another reason why NCC need to stop in and stop this madness. What is the discrepancy all about? We are complaining about why BB users have pay 1500 for unlimited and other phone users have to pay same amount for capped data.

Why this, why is NCC not looking at Internet users?
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
kkkp: This is absolute rubbish!!!! BB without unlimited data is an empty container
Let me tell u Blackberry's (formerly RIM) plan. They want the wealthy Nigerians, Asians etc to migrate to the BB 10. These are the people that can afford it anyway. While the low end guys can continue to use older OS (OS 7 will still get support and update. In fact a new update for the OS 7 was released last week). This will give them time to get investors to make apps for the BB and give them a fighting chance against android and iOS in African markets. Eventually they expect the low end users to migrate to their BB 10 whose price will have dropped by then. Phones are getting cheaper everyday.

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2013
yommys01: This is another reason why NCC need to stop in and stop this madness. What is the discrepancy all about? We are complaining about why BB users have pay 1500 for unlimited and other phone users have to pay same amount for capped data.

Why this, why is NCC not looking at Internet users?

See this one that ones to pour sand in my garri. If u don't like it get a BB
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by shollyboy2: 6:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
Nonsense..they should go to Sa and advertise for them there..Who cares about their tariff plan..me am even tired of BB sef...
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by shollyboy2: 6:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
Do we still Have NCC for Naija?

12 inches!:

See this one that ones to pour sand in my garri. If u don't like it get a BB
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Emekayoung(m): 6:49pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bobbysworld28: @uchlukez
Pls create a thread & b d first 2 comment. Stop advertizing childishness here
Besides wats so special abt being first and last to comment?
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by badassnigga(m): 7:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
cecegorz:
That's right bro.
Especially when you can still subscribe for 1500 monthly BIS on your android, share the data through your wifi tethering, and feed your lappy and other devices.

I enjoy d hotspots tethering on ma android. vry easy to use. I dnt even use my modem anymore cool

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Daraplato(m): 7:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
0Edward0: Who is blackberry? Is she a musician?
No ooooo! She's an electrician. Learner! :-D

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
Emekayoung:
Besides wats so special abt being first and last to comment?

You get to thank Obatala for his blessings and making your struggle to be the first to comment a success.

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by luluosas(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2013
What is all these complaints about here. Is it now that you people knew that these telecoms providers in Nigeria are ripping us, especially on the way they are allocating miserable data volume for normal Internet plans against BB plans? This is a sad reality and development we have to face.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by BB013(m): 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
netintelligence: pls how do I get to subscribe 1500 and browse unlimited on my android phone?

If your BB Runs on OS 7.1
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by KINGwax(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
mhozzis: I can see BB fans upgrading to Android 4.2.
because of wot o jare? e dey support support pinging? Android ko, anorld ni. I kuku get curve 2. I no be BB fan so I no send. I don dey pay with glo with my synbians for yrs!!!
Lumia902 on ma mind!!!
Make BB users see wetin we dey take eyes see since

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by ebunma: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
Blackberry said it, that it's not going to support BIS on BB 10. So is it MTN problem or BB? Besides if you could afford to pay 100k then what is 3k to you.....next.

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by denny4ril: 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
cecegorz:
That's right bro.
my guy, how do you do that tethering configuration ooo!
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Frostyzone(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
born2bleep: BB10 OS is wonderful and still has the bb compression property. The wonderful thing about it is you can either use it like any other smart phone or like any other blackberry which has that data compression property. It has lots of other wonderful properties like the time shift,bb hub etc.
Stop trying to reassure yourself. You and other BB fanboys know in hearts that it's a dying brand.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by TUMIC(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
blackberry my foot i beg make una come by Nokia 3310
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by denny4ril: 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
bad_ass_nigga:

I enjoy d hotspots tethering on ma android. vry easy to use. I dnt even use my modem anymore cool
do you mean you use android phones like HTC to subscribe for MTN bis and use that same BIS plan to browse on laptop? pls explain
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by dapojaja(m): 8:38pm On Feb 24, 2013
E joor, pls, any UK used version of d z10 and elo lo ba de!!!
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
denny4ril:
do you mean you use android phones like HTC to subscribe for MTN bis and use that same BIS plan to browse on laptop? pls explain

Nope. I guess what this guys who are trying to be smart as.s techies do is pay for BIS on a blackberry that run OS 7.1 and has wifi hotspot, tether the connection to their android fone and then use the android fone to browse or do whatever they want to do. Bt isn't that dumb, tethering from fone to fone. What is the point. MTN will never allow u to legally tether BIS to PC. NEVER
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
bad_ass_nigga:

MTN doesn't allow BIS network tethering. If you have a way to do that then u shud let me know asap.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by nke001: 8:54pm On Feb 24, 2013
0Edward0: Who is blackberry? Is she a musician?

That kind of sounds like a fruit grown on a tree called rim commonly found in a geo-area named canada and shipped to 9ja ma country home for consumption.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 8:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
dapojaja: E joor, pls, any UK used version of d z10 and elo lo ba de!!!
See this one looking for UK used version of fone that just launched few weeks ago. O ma pe n be!!!!
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by nke001: 9:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
denny4ril:

bis (subscrib) + android vpn (subscrib) + wifi = power to unlimited internet on any wifi enabled device.

Search Engine is your friend...
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2013
mhozzis: I can see BB fans upgrading to Android 4.2.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by BrightDeGea(m): 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2013
12 inches!:

Nope. I guess what this guys who are trying to be smart as.s techies do is pay for BIS on a blackberry that run OS 7.1 and has wifi hotspot, tether the connection to their android fone and then use the android fone to browse or do whatever they want to do. Bt isn't that dumb, tethering from fone to fone. What is the point. MTN will never allow u to legally tether BIS to PC. NEVER
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by BrightDeGea(m): 9:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
You are so wrong, that is not how they do it
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by rman: 10:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
A lot of BB haters think by telling others they are wrong,will somehow, make them feel they made the smarter choice.

People should by phone that serves their daily needs and suits their pocket.

BB Z10 is not meant for everyone. If you can't afford it, stick with what you think is fair.

Coming online to call a company dead or rubbish because you can not afford their product is childish.

BB Z1O can be compared fairly with SGS3 and Iphone5 ( two great phones ).

We can all come online and rant but the reality on ground in Nigeria's phone market today is that BB is still the number one selling smart phone.

With the Z10 they will probably win back some of the customers that wanted a powerful tool which the old BB OS7 did not deliver. It is not everyone that intrested in BIS.
Re: Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans by Nobody: 10:28pm On Feb 24, 2013
Bright De Gea: You are so wrong, that is not how they do it

So how do they do it? Enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Streaming Or Downloading Videos, Most Cheaper?? / Have U Come Accross Tecno T731, Is It Origin Tecno And Andriod Too / NCC Slams N4Million Fine On Innjoo For Selling Substandard Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.