Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,424 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (48221 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:11pm On May 28, 2013
Episode 13

'Make we run?' I asked Fabianus.

'Run na. Who is holding you back?' Fabianus queried, with a smile on his face and a gentle light dancing in his eyes.

... Dis guy don kolo finish. Wetin dey funny ontop dis matter?...

The men started to approach us slowly and menacingly. I heard one of them ,who seemed to be the leader, say to the others;

'Killest them not, for our boss wantest them alive.'

The men nodded in reply and unsheathed their swords. Bryan and Castor did the same, they unsheathed their swords too while I, well I, started saying my last prayer;

... Dear God, I know I'm a bad boy, I kn...

'Where do you think you are going? Stop jor!' Fabianus bellowed at Castor and Bryan, who were already moving towards Justus' men.

'Are you blind or what?' I retorted 'Should we just stand and watch them capture and drag us to their boss to be slaughtered like Ileya rams?'

'Bryan, Castor, you know your weapons are useless against them, come back here, don't let them waste your lives,' Fabianus pleaded 'You Athanasius, that prayer won't help you. Come and stand behind me now. Let me handle this.'

The men were now closing in on us, Bryan and Castor quickly ran behind Fabianus, I did too but I formed reluctance small.

'Haaaaaaarrrrrrghhh!!!' Fabianus shouted in a loud, boomin voice as soon as we were safely behind him.

A very strong whirlwind suddenly sprang from nowhere. It attacked Justus' men and scattered them. We watched on with amazement and amusement as the whirlwind crashed them against the trees nearby.

GBAAAAM! GBOOOA!

In the next moment, all the men were rolling on the floor groaning and grunting with pain, expect one of them who the wind had hung on a tall tree.

'Should we finish them off?' Bryan asked.

'Have you forgotten that we can't kill them? It's better we run,' Castor reasoned.

'Yes, we need to get away from here. As you can see, these men are not dead, I just wound them small grin. They'll be okay in, let's say, five minutes time,' Fabianus said ' but we don't need to run. Just hold my garment, close your eyes and Inhale deeply.'

We did as he commanded, while he muttered some funny sounding words. As soon as I closed my eyes, I felt an inexplicable feeling of lightness.

Hell, I even felt as light as a feather, then I started to feel like I was floating in the air. All of these had happened in a matter of seconds. At last I heard Fabianus' voice saying;

'You may now open your eyes.'

That unnatural feeling of lightness receeded and I started to feel normal again. I opened my eyes slowly and I noticed the change in environment. We were now in a very wide plain as opposed to the thick forest we were in before.

... We don port, like Etisalat's Saka...

5 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2013
Neduzze5: Have we gone to front page yet?

Not yet o my bro sad.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 1:21pm On May 28, 2013
beycitee: Nice work bro....keep it up.

Thanks sir smiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:00pm On May 28, 2013

'Wow sir, you are great. I mean the whirlwind thing and this one,' Castor said beamingly.

'It's nothing. Just a little trick I learnt long ago,' Fabianus replied.

'Fabianus, but errm.... You offend me o,' I said, trying to measure my words carefully.

'How?'

'Why did you let us crawl through that damned tunnel, when you could easily have teleported us to Distein just like this one.'

Fabianus paused for a few moments. He was, no doubts, trying to think of the best way to give his reply.

'You don't understand,' He began 'Magic is not always what it seems to be. My own magical powers, given to me by the gods, are limited only to times when I'm in danger, that's the only time it will work. It would never have worked in that tunnel because I wasn't in danger then.'

I nodded to indicate my comprehension, although what the guy said didn't really make much sense to me.

We started to walk through the plains.

'This place is not as bad as you people were painting it o. Where will we find the Zygus now?' I asked

'What? Do you think we are at Distein already?'

'Yes. Aren't we?'

'No, we aren't, this is Neous,' Fabianus told me.

... Mtcheew, News ko, olds ni...

'How close are we to Distein?' Bryan asked.

'Two days at least,' came Fabianus' reply.

'Whaaat?' I cried ' I thought you said we were only two hours away the last time I asked.'

'Yes, I said that, but place is different. The gods chose to bring us here, we cannot query them,' Fabianus replied firmly.

... The gods no try o, infact them no do well at all. They don turn our two hours journey to two days, like say we be Israelites sad...

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2013
Keep em coming!

You r good to go..#TeamFrntPg
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2013
iebanehita: Keep em coming!

You r good to go..#TeamFrntPg

Thank you sir grin.

I really want this story to reach FrntPg, but people are not endorsing sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 7:10pm On May 28, 2013
.. The gods no try o, infact them no do well at all. They don
turn our two hours journey to two days, like say we be
Israelites ...
Abeg no kill me with laughter jare....u remind me of one sebonkagur kayegoshi(I hope I didn't destroy this name)....work a bit on spacing, especially when you want to write "your thoughts"
As for the winchy fabianus, let him keep reading minds
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by An0nimus: 7:26pm On May 28, 2013
'we don port like Etisalat Saka' grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:01pm On May 28, 2013
oyestephen:
Abeg no kill me with laughter jare....u remind me of one sebonkagur kayegoshi(I hope I didn't destroy this name)....work a bit on spacing, especially when you want to write "your thoughts"
As for the winchy fabianus, let him keep reading minds

grin I feel very honoured to be compared with the great senbonzakura Kageyoshi. Thanks for giving me a head swellcheesy .... I never know my spacing was faulty o, I'll work on it sha... Now do me a favour and endorse this story for FP, it's not too much to ask abi nawink...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:18pm On May 28, 2013
An0nimus: 'we don port like Etisalat Saka' grin

Yes o, but e be like say the gods no like us,dem don add to our problem sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2013
When I talk now you go complain... Wetin make you feel say you suppose make front page with you irregular update.

When I did ''Attai... The Player from Kano'', my updates were so regular that peeps were begging me to reduce it, but see you.

How I wan carry endorse something wey dey come like once in a week?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:02am On May 29, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: When I talk now you go complain... Wetin make you feel say you suppose make front page with you irregular update.

When I did ''Attai... The Player from Kano'', my updates were so regular that peeps were begging me to reduce it, but see you.

How I wan carry endorse something wey dey come like once in a week?

Once in a week shocked? Haba! That one na lie nah.

Ok I can't force you or anyone else to endorse my story if you don't want to, all I can do is plead and try to make you understand that it ain't my fault, it's just that my schedule is damned too tightsad.

I'll see what I can do about it sha. Thank you sir smiley

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 10:13am On May 29, 2013
Oh God! I couldn't stop laughing as I read those two posts. Van, you are amazing. If only you will update more frequently.....
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2013
Marian17: Oh God! I couldn't stop laughing as I read those two posts. Van, you are amazing. If only you will update more frequently.....

I'll work on that. Thanks smiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 6:54pm On May 29, 2013
why would i endorse it ? after you did shakara in chat central, you now want me to endorse angry
VanTee20:

Thank you sir grin.

I really want this story to reach FrntPg, but people are not endorsing sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:04pm On May 29, 2013
Tovot: why would i endorse it ? after you did shakara in chat central, you now want me to endorse angry

Me? Shakara? how? When? Where? Why? :O
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
My thread in the Jokes section ====>www.nairaland.com/1287436/read-n-laff-collection-hilarious

Read, Laugh and errrm..... Comment grin grin grin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 10:13am On May 30, 2013
Van, when are you updating now? sad...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 11:37am On May 30, 2013
Marian17: Van, when are you updating now? sad...

Before today runs out grin...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 30, 2013
Those people that copy stories are now here no nairaland again o, our very own serahsadeiyare story "razor-tongue"(she has a blog also) has been copied on a facebook story, lets unleash d wrath of nairaland on d facebook said b4 it get 2 ur turn o. Here is d facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646875595327424&id=313147372033583&set=a.314966258518361.92979.313147372033583&refid=17
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 4:04pm On May 30, 2013
I love this story Van. Abeg...Keep it coming.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:30pm On May 30, 2013
texanomaly: I love this story Van. Abeg...Keep it coming.

I will madam. Thank you smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 4:36pm On May 30, 2013
Damex333: Those people that copy stories are now here no nairaland again o, our very own serahsadeiyare story "razor-tongue"(she has a blog also) has been copied on a facebook story, lets unleash d wrath of nairaland on d facebook said b4 it get 2 ur turn o. Here is d facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646875595327424&id=313147372033583&set=a.314966258518361.92979.313147372033583&refid=17

Those plagiarists have started again eh angry angry.

I couldn't access the page sha, the link is probably broken or it's unavailable... Maybe you should re-post it.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 5:03pm On May 30, 2013
i have endorsed your story because you apologized and because fishoy put in a good word for vantee20 smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 5:38pm On May 30, 2013
Tovot: i have endorsed your story because you apologized and because fishoy put in a good word for vantee20 smiley

Thanks madam smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:57pm On May 30, 2013
I started from the first page to this page. You story is interesting and very funny though.
btw their names sef na case grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 6:38pm On May 30, 2013
Don't worry Bobo. We will soon go to front page. Our oga at the top, Mr Mynd is working on it.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Fishoy(f): 6:50pm On May 30, 2013
Tovot: i have endorsed your story because you apologized and because fishoy put in a good word for vantee20 smiley
tnkssmileysmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:48pm On May 30, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I started from the first page to this page. Your story is interesting and very funny though.
btw their names sef na case grin

grin grin grin. Thanks sir smiley.

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2013
Neduzze5: Don't worry Bobo. We will soon go to front page. Our oga at the top, Mr Mynd is working on it.

I know Oga Mynd is working on it. Thanks for your support bro, God bless smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2013
Fishoy:
tnkssmileysmiley

Wow! Fishie's very first post on my thread wink cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by beycitee(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2013
Bros van weytin dey sup nah ?......No update 4 like 2 days now...... Nah wa o...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / The Diary

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.