Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,418 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:06 PM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (48219 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Fishoy(f): 11:52am On May 31, 2013
VanTee20:

Wow! Fishie's very first post on my thread wink cheesy
yepee...anitin fr u dear so do us a favour nd update ur lovly storysmileysmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 31, 2013
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Rapmaestro(m): 8:39pm On May 31, 2013
Atlast..... I'm here
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:56pm On May 31, 2013
EPISODE 14

We spent more time in Neous than any of us expected, except maybe Fabianus who might have seen that coming.

We were unable to leave Neous because Sir Castor came down with a high fever and Fabianus suggested that we stayed there because walking and riding on horseback would compound Castor's problem.

We found shelter in Iebanehitus' house. Iebanehitus was the lord of Neous and he received us warmly when he discovered who we were and what our mission was.

Very early in the morning on the fifth day of our stay in Neous, I was still sleeping when I felt a sudden sharp pain on my left shoulder.

'Yeeeeeh! Ayam dead ooo!!!' I yelped.

'You are a coward o. It is me nah,' Fabianus said admist giggles.

'What do you want?' I grunted.

'Well, I just want to tell you that I'm going to that forest over there to cut some herbs for Castor's treatment,' he said.

'How does that concern me?' I asked angrily. Yes I have every reason to be angry. The dude has just interrupted the sweet dream I was having na.

'Haha. Why are you talking like this? Well, I want you to keep an eye on Castor while I'm away,' he said.

'You should ask Bryan to that. At least, they are brothers in blood, abi what do they call themselves,' I complained.

'Please do it for me. Bryan is out now, he'll join you when he comes back,' he begged.

'Ok no problem, but why is his treatment taking long? He should be ok by now na.'

'What do you know about alchemy and medicine? Let me go jare,' Fabianus said and he left my room.

I winced as a sharp pain surged through my shoulder when I tried to get out of bed. Argh! Fabianus has use juju to strike my shoulder o.

I dragged my feet to Castor's room drowsily to check on him. I found him still in bed, snoring away peacefully.

... Good! Let me go and catch some more sleep jare. I pray that hot girl in my first dream comes back wink...

As I turned to return to my room, someone bumped into me.

'Oh. You are back already,' I said when I saw that the person was Bryan.

'Yes. I didn't really go far, besides Fabianus told me to return on time,' Bryan replied.

'Ok. Let's go over there and sit till Fabianus comes back,' I said, pointing to the empty seats not far away from us.

'Where do you come from?' Bryan asked as soon as we got seated.

'Me?' I asked, slightly taken aback by his question.

'Yes.'

'Well, I'm from Nigeria,' I informed him.

'Hunh? Where is that?'

'It's a country in Africa,' I said, hoping that he understands so that he'll stop asking me JAMB questions.

'Yes. I don't know Nigeria, but I've heard about Africa, it has always been called land of the......' He cut himself short and gave an apologetic look.

'What? Why did you stop?'

'You will be angered if I continue.'

'Why will I be angry? Go on jor. It's called what?'

'Land of Niggers,' came his reply.

... Eewo!shocked Dis one na racist o...

'Land of Niggers? How can you say that? Let me tell you this. We, Africans, are not inferior to Whites in any way. The dark colour of our skin is caused by our hot climate not anything else, not that you people are better than us, comprende?'

'Yes,' I replied.

Well I wasn't entirely saying the truth, I remembered that there is another thing that contributed to our blackness but I wasn't sure of the name whether na Merlin or Mendelin.

I must take Biology more serious when I get back home o, that is IF I get back home...

To be continued...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:02pm On May 31, 2013
Rap maestro: Atlast..... I'm here

Welcome bro smiley.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:03pm On May 31, 2013
Fishoy:
yepee...anitin fr u dear so do us a favour nd update ur lovly storysmileysmiley

Done, honeysmiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:05pm On May 31, 2013
beycitee: Bros van weytin dey sup nah ?......No update 4 like 2 days now...... Nah wa o...

No vex my bro, work just full my hands. I don update sha. Thanks grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Rapmaestro(m): 10:21pm On May 31, 2013
...Melanin... Van, weldone
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:25pm On May 31, 2013
Rap maestro: ...Melanin... Van, weldone

Thanks bro. No mind that olodo Athanasius jare grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 31, 2013
Well done Van cheesy You got me hooked even witi your annoyingly slow updates tongue
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Melancholy(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2013
Naija adventure movie indeed! Vantee u amaze me ooo
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2013
Br3nd4: Well done Van cheesy You got me hooked even witi your annoyingly slow updates tongue

Thanks ma cheesy. Annoyingly slow updates shocked? Kai I must drop something today grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2013
Melancholy: Naija adventure movie indeed! Vantee u amaze me ooo

Thanks bro cheesy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 8:57am On Jun 01, 2013
We don port go front page?
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:21am On Jun 01, 2013
Neduzze5: We don port go front page?

Not yet o sad. We still dey wait Mynd...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Marian17(f): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2013
Hahahahaha! I'm just laughing over here. Van, this thread should be moved to jokes section o cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
Marian17: Hahahahaha! I'm just laughing over here. Van, this thread should be moved to jokes section o cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __

'What do you people do for fun here?' I asked Bryan, who was playfully turning a small knife in his hands. We were still waiting for Fabianus to return from the forest.

'We have the village games and of course the tournaments,' he replied.

... These people are suffering o. No Internet, no phones, no PSP, no Nollywood grin...

'Oh. Like that interesting one held recently in my honour,' I said, although I really think outeresting, if there is such a word, should qualify that tournament.

'Ah! You should have seen the tournament held in the honour of Lady Mina, there were so many chilvarious Knights present, it was so interesting.'

'Are Knights the only ones that can take part in the tournaments?' I asked.

'Tournaments are mainly for Knights but there is one tournament, the melee, that allows the participation of non-Knights,' he explained.

'Now tell me, what is the fun in striking and being struck?'

'The fun is for the spectators.'

'What is in it for you Knights?'

'I can't believe you are asking such a question,' Bryan said 'We fight for fame, glory and honour. Our lives are guided by the codes of chivalry. We are expected to be bold, brave and gallant at all times.'

Bryan was spewing the same sh!t I had always read in books of Medieval romance.

'If I may ask, what kind of Knight is Castor?' I asked, I would have kept shut had I known what that question would cause.

Bryan paused for a while, he was probably ruminating on what to say.

'Well Castor is a fine Knight,' Bryan started 'He is very good in combat, just like his three brothers.'

'Three brothers? I thought he had two brothers.'

'No, three. Hector, Proctor and Victor,' he said 'but Castor is not on good terms with any of them, they don't like him because of his greedy and pompous nature.'

Although Jealousy might have caused Bryan to exaggerate, but if that flash of anger on Castor's face, when he heard about his brother winning the trophy was anything to go by, there must be an iota of truth in what Bryan's saying.

'I don't know who he thinks he is, maybe the ho...'

Bryan's outburst was interuppted by a loud cough behind us. We turned round to see Castor leaning on the wall behind us. His eyes flashing teribbly with anger, his face contorted with rage

... Omo see Gobe!!!...

'Ha! Sir Castor. You are aw...wak...kke al...already,' I stammered, as I tried to think of words to pacify him.

'Shut up!' he shouted at me. He then turned to Bryan and said;

'Thank you for everything you said about, now take this.'

He removed his gloves and threw them on the floor.

'Sir Bryan, I challenge you to mortal duel.'

To be continued....
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Kindly drop your comments when you are through reading. Thanks grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
I have this feeling that this a short story,, that's why the updates are short.

Now, I am beginning to forget who is who in the story...!!

But its a comic piece all the same.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by FoxyUltimate(m): 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
If saying ''No Comments'' is a comment, den so be it. Which kind short update be this... I no fit enjoy long episodes for my retirement? Abi you wan make I come back from retirement?''
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2013
iebanehita: I have this feeling that this a short story,, that's why the updates are short.

Now, I am beginning to forget who is who in the story...!!

But its a comic piece all the same.

Must be the names of the characters smiley...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
No worry, if you give us up to two uploads tomorrow, I must make sure say we go front page. I dey vex anytime I see you dey beg for comments. grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:38pm On Jun 01, 2013
Foxy_Ultimate: If saying ''No Comments'' is a comment, den so be it. Which kind short update be this... I no fit enjoy long episodes for my retirement? Abi you wan make I come back from retirement?''

Eh come back na... That's what I want sef...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2013
Neduzze5: No worry, if you give us up to two uploads tomorrow, I must make sure say we go front page. I dey vex anytime I see you dey beg for comments. grin

grin grin You be my best man for NL o.... I'll try my best to update twice tomorrow. Thanks grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
Nice one van. But you need to work on lengthening your episodes......
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 12:10am On Jun 02, 2013
VanTee20:

Must be the names of the characters smiley...

But still work on producing a lengthy update na!.. Is it a crime?

Of all the writers I have read/still reading thier works,,your's the shortest EVER!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:47am On Jun 02, 2013
iebanehita:

But still work on producing a lengthy update na!.. Is it a crime?

Of all the writers I have read/still reading thier works,,your's the shortest EVER!!

shocked shocked shocked. That's it! I'll start posting lengthy updates as from tomorrow, but you know what likely happen if I don't get comments sad...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2013
oyestephen: Nice one van. But you need to work on lengthening your episodes......

I've started work on it. Thanks bro grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
You didn't keep your part of the deal, so no front page for you!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Neduzze5: You didn't keep your part of the deal, so no front page for you!

Says who? You be Mynd? grin grin. I'll still update today sha.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
VanTee20:

shocked shocked shocked. That's it! I'll start posting lengthy updates as from tomorrow, but you know what likely happen if I don't get comments sad...

You will get comments na..
Your story is interesting,,just that peeps have reduced comments cz of the shorty updates...!

Also, you need to meet up with the criteria for making frontpage too?!..sad:|
#Lengthyupdatetins..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / The Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.