Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,316 members, 7,887,969 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:08 PM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (48283 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Eazydeek(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
smiley Are you a novelist? Writer? Poet?
And you want a larger fanbase to showcase your skills? Kindly send an email to : kronicmedia@yahoo.com
About your area of specialization and your work will be published on our site (free of charge)
... We also render - Music & Video promos -Adverts -Interviews ...etc
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by BeautyFULL85(f): 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
@Vantee: Ur last post is quite different from all d others. The citizens of Camville only speak the "Shakespearean English", but in dis update, de all spoke "Standard English"... Just an observation dear!

2 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by sweetsmalsis(f): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2013
Wow!
Interesting!
Funny!
Lovely piece!
Am really really enjoying your story...
God bless you
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 1:03am On Jun 07, 2013
Loool..
Choi!!!
Iebanehitus!!!!!!!!
I don turn character for VanTee20 City of Casville torri.

Ok na!. But who be me for d torri sef? ?
I nor wan be lanky dude o!...#hehehehe!!

In that part where they asked about Casville, you wrote

'No' answered Fabianus

I think it should be Hector, in place of Fabianus. Jt check it.

This update na midway between long and short o!..
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 1:05am On Jun 07, 2013
BeautyFULL85: @Vantee: Ur last post is quite different from all d others. The citizens of Camville only speak the "Shakespearean English", but in dis update, de all spoke "Standard English"... Just an observation dear!

Yeah. Noticed it.

Funny enough, I decide to quote this post cz of the username.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2013
BeautyFULL85: @Vantee: Ur last post is quite different from all d others. The citizens of Camville only speak the "Shakespearean English", but in dis update, de all spoke "Standard English"... Just an observation dear!

You are correct. I decided to limit the Shakespearean English to the citizens of Casville with cameo appearances like Elvira, The King, the Queen, the bandits and others.

I believe using the shakespearen english for major characters is bound to affect the story because it might make the most of the conversations incomprehensible to some readers. Thanks ma'am smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:31am On Jun 07, 2013
iebanehita: Loool..
Choi!!!
Iebanehitus!!!!!!!!
I don turn character for VanTee20 City of Casville torri.

Ok na!. But who be me for d torri sef? ?
I nor wan be lanky dude o!...#hehehehe!!

In that part where they asked about Casville, you wrote

'No' answered Fabianus

I think it should be Hector, in place of Fabianus. Jt check it.

This update na midway between long and short o!..

hahahahahahaha... See guy o, you were too busy critisizing, you didn't even notice your name.... I introduced it in Episode 14 na....

Yes, it should be Hector. I'll go check it, thanks cheesy cheesy.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:32am On Jun 07, 2013
sweetsmalsis: Wow!
Interesting!
Funny!
Lovely piece!
Am really really enjoying your story...
God bless you

Amen. Thanks ma smiley smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 8:07am On Jun 07, 2013
Ok, I'll drop the update in the afternoon, thanks grin grin....
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Tovot: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2013
i will tell fishoy
VanTee20:

It's a secret grin. I want the kiss though wink.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by beycitee(m): 11:01am On Jun 07, 2013
Bross van oya do quick make u update oh..............I just dey gbadun dis ur tori.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Neduzze5(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2013
VanTee you don go front page na, you no go remember me abi.

Nothing do you shall, thumbs up man!

PS: I no dey vex oh!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by adamse(f): 12:02pm On Jun 07, 2013
LOVELY STORY!!!!! FUNNY TOO!! waiting impatiently for your update..
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2013
Van its afternoon o
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by yelonelo(f): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Van I am really enjoying ur stories but dude they come very slow,how do u intend 2 grip ur readers when it takes long b4 u read d tale. PPl likE me lose interest easily,I move 2 d next
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 5:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
VanTee20:

You are correct. I decided to limit the Shakespearean English to the citizens of Casville with cameo appearances like Elvira, The King, the Queen, the bandits and others.

I believe using the shakespearen english for major characters is bound to affect the story because it might make the most of the conversations incomprehensible to some readers. Thanks ma'am smiley smiley

Smart man
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by bishop4life(m): 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
This thread caught my attention wen it came to the front page.since i joined nairaland i never entered most forum bt always use the front page. I was reluctant wen i saw the headline cuase i only read news to avoid wasting time to read useless topcs lik tonto dikeh and ini edo cooking indomie grin ,wen i started reading i fell in lov wit it bt my browser went off. And since today i hav been searchin the forum to d xtent dat i PM d mod to help me.luckily enuf i was able to get foxy and followed her down here. And now dat am here...i go dey follow follow(anyi ga afu isi ya)
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 12:01am On Jun 08, 2013
VanTee20:

hahahahahahaha... See guy o, you were too busy critisizing, you didn't even notice your name.... I introduced it in Episode 14 na....

See me oo!!
I totally forgot... No mind me jor.

''Lord of Neous''.. A befitting one!!
Your head dey dere jare.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:31am On Jun 08, 2013
I'm terribly sorry that I couldn't update yesterday as promised. My battery went flat, that's why. I'll update later today sha. Thanks cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 12:41am On Jun 08, 2013
Tovot: i will tell fishoy

Sshhh. Don't tell her o...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Fishoy(f): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2013
VanTee20:

Sshhh. Don't tell her o...
she shudnt tel me wat
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Hadeehart101(f): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2013
VanTee20:

You'll surely get more, thank you ma cheesy
hmmmmmmmmm! M nt sure u're transforming ur words of updating into reality nw. I hate reading stories bit by bit. Xo pls update fast ooooooooooo.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by bishop4life(m): 11:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Hey Van,my observation so far is dat you hardly update,besides you dont even have updating schedules.well am only suggestin you pick certain time and days(say lik once,twice or thrice every week. Maybe every monday and friday etc). I think dat will help d situation
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by AmmyMummy(f): 6:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Am loving this. Continue d gud work
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
EPISODE 16

'Okay. Let's stop here,' Fabianus ordered, with his voice sounding unusually loud. Maybe it was because it was dark already and everything was silent, save the sound made by the hooves of our horses as we rode.

'Why? Are we at the Zygus' place already?' asked Bryan.

'Not yet, although we are close,' Fabianus replied. 'The problem is that riding further now is not safe for us.'

'What do you mean?' Hector asked, echoing the same question I was about asking.

'This particular dragon is nocturnal. It rests in the day and hunts at night. Going to face it now is good is as suicide. Let us wait till morning before we strike,' Fabianus advised.

'Where shall we stay till morn then?' A pale faced soldier, who was one of Hector's men, asked.

'All of you, come with me,' Fabianus ordered.

We followed him through a rough, weedy path to a place where a big wall stood.

Fabianus muttered some words, magical words no doubt, and the wall flung open like a door to reveal a very large room with many bedding and furniture.

'Make yourselves comfortable,' he said with a broad grin on his face.

I was just about jumping on one of the numerous beds when I heard my name called.

'Athanasius and Hector, I'll like to see both of you over here,' Fabianus called.

I walked slowly to where he stood with Hector already by his side.

'What?' I asked, irritated at having my rest delayed.

'Let's go to that room,' he said, pointing to the adjoining room. 'We need to talk privately.'

'How come nobody is occupying this beautiful house?' I asked, when we walked into an empty but nicely decorated room.

'My thoughts exactly,' Hector chipped in.

Fabianus burst into heavy laughter. He laughed so hard that tears started flow from his eyes. Hector and I exchanged glances of surprise.

'What's funny?' Hector asked.

'So you guys think we are in a real house hen?' He asked, while trying to suppress his laugh.

'Of course we do. Are we not?' I asked.

'We are not. We are inside the wall you saw not long ago,' Fabianus told us.

'Inside the wall?' I asked, not believing my ears.

'Yes,' Fabianus concurred. 'All these nice things you see all around were conjured by magic.'

'This guy na something else o,' I muttered to myself, as I shook my head in awe.

'What is it you wanted to tell us?' Hector asked.

'Yes, yes. You see, the outcome of our battles with Zygus, Gustavus and Justus depends largely on both of you,' Fabianus started.

I scratched my head lightly as I tried to figure out who Gustavus was. I remember Zygus, the dragon and Justus, our chief enemy but I couldn't remember Gustavus.

'Olodo, Gustavus is the giant jor,' a Fabianus-like voice whispered in my ears. Oddly, Fabianus wasn't close enough to whisper in my ears.

'The gods have told me that the two of you have been chosen enter the red cave where the dragon dwells, so either of you will kill the dragon.'

'Only Hector and I? Why?' I asked, almost crying. 'What about the others?'

'We mustn't enter the cave with you two. We will stand guarding the entrance to the cave,' Fabianus informed us.

... Me and Hector go face death alone. Which kind unfair gods be dis sef?...

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by vizboy(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Na wa oh I hate / love suspense abeg do make u update again
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
'Now there are some important things you need to know before you face Zygus,' said Fabianus. 'Normally, a dragon is vulnerable in only three parts of its body. The heart, the eye and the area under the wings where there are no scales.'

Hector and I listened on with rapt attention. Fabianus continued;

'Zygus, however, is no ordinary dragon. It is a very powerful one. Its heart cannot be pierced with any weapon. Its scales will break any weapon that come against them instantly.'

'How do we kill it then?' Hector asked.

'Well, you, Hector, will first engage it in a mock battle. Make sure you don't stand in front of it too long because of its fiery breath. Just disturb it a little and retreat. Athanasius will use the opportunity of the distraction to pierce its eyes with the the black sword of the gods,' He explained to us. 'Comprende?'

'Yes. It even sounds easier to what I have been thinking,' Hector replied.

'What about you, Athanasius?' Fabianus asked.

'It's fine by me,' I replied. I was being economical with the truth, of course. I didn't sound easy to me at all.

'Good then. May the gods grant you victory over Zygus,' Fabianus prayed. 'You need to rest well because of the task you have ahead. Please go to bed, sirs.'

I did not need a second urging, I just stalked out of the room. I was about getting on a vacant bed when someone pulled me back.

... Who did I offend o? This is the second time I'll be prevented from getting on bed dis night alone...

'Who is that?' I whispered into the darkness behind me. I really couldn't see the person, all the torches that were lit before I left the room had been extinguished.

'Hector,' came the reply. 'Just wanted to ask how you really about what Priest said.'

'Honestly, I don't know,' I confessed. 'What about you?'

'Well, I have this feeling that we are going to come of this with our socks on,' Hector said with conviction.

'I pray you are right,' I muttered.

... Let this cup pass over me, O Lord. I promise, I'll never miss any church service again if you let me wake up from this season dream before we meet that dragon...

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
bishop4life: This thread caught my attention wen it came to the front page.since i joined nairaland i never entered most forum bt always use the front page. I was reluctant wen i saw the headline cuase i only read news to avoid wasting time to read useless topcs lik tonto dikeh and ini edo cooking indomie grin ,wen i started reading i fell in lov wit it bt my browser went off. And since today i hav been searchin the forum to d xtent dat i PM d mod to help me.luckily enuf i was able to get foxy and followed her down here. And now dat am here...i go dey follow follow(anyi ga afu isi ya)

Thank you sir cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
iebanehita:

See me oo!!
I totally forgot... No mind me jor.

''Lord of Neous''.. A befitting one!!
Your head dey dere jare.

Thanks my chairman grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:20pm On Jun 08, 2013
vizboy: Na wa oh I hate / love suspense abeg do make u update again

I don update again smiley
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
bishop4life: Hey Van,my observation so far is dat you hardly update,besides you dont even have updating schedules.well am only suggestin you pick certain time and days(say lik once,twice or thrice every week. Maybe every monday and friday etc). I think dat will help d situation

Thanks for the suggestion sir. I will certainly use a schedule for my next write-up. This one is very close to the end...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
You wan dey introduce error now?!

Why na..?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Short Drama Script / James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / The Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.