Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,038 members, 7,916,003 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 01:45 PM

The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. (48489 Views)

The Saviour II : The Salvation Operations / The Saviour: The Flee From The Unknown Terminator. / Free E Novel: The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
iebanehita: You wan dey introduce error now?!

Why na..?

What error? Please point it out to me...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2013
^
Just read your last update. You would notice you omitted some words.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
iebanehita: ^
Just read your last update. You would notice you omitted some words.

Yeah thanks. I typed the thing in a hurry... grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by ninja4life(m): 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Finally thru with all d 14pages,now oga van make una come update now
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:43pm On Jun 09, 2013
ninja4life: Finally thru with all d 14pages,now oga van make una come update now

Thanks for bro. I'll update tomorrow cheesy cheesy
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2013
Is something terribly wrong with my latest update? I mean why has nobody commented on it? sad sad sad.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Ice4jez(m): 7:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
VanTee20: Is something terribly wrong with my latest update? I mean why has nobody commented on it? sad sad sad.
pple don tire now cos na so so beg before we see update
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sorry Van. I just read it. I'm still reading and loving your story. Keep it coming. grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:00pm On Jun 09, 2013
Ice4jez: pple don tire now cos na so so beg before we see update

I'm relieved then, I thought it was like way below par or something.

No vex for me my oga, the story don enter im final stages, I wan make sure say the end make sense wella grin grin.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:01pm On Jun 09, 2013
texanomaly: Sorry Van. I just read it. I'm still reading and loving your story. Keep it coming. grin

Thanks ma grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2013
VanTee20:

I'm relieved then, I thought it was like way below par or something.

No vex for me my oga, the story don enter im final stages, I wan make sure say the end make sense wella grin grin.
sad The end sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by sweetsmalsis(f): 9:23am On Jun 10, 2013
U already making me lose interest o. Update na.......or else......i go port o angry
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by oyestephen(m): 9:30am On Jun 10, 2013
sweetsmalsis: U already making me lose interest o. Update na.......or else......i go port o angry
port to where ?
Van....drive your van down here, drink some tee and get to work. Your followers arent smiling
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by nelxsantos(m): 1:27pm On Jun 10, 2013
u funy jor no b smal seasonal movie, d work mak sense abegiiiiiiii. kudossss jorrrrr
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by sweetsmalsis(f): 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
oyestephen:
port to where ?
Van....drive your van down here, drink some tee and get to work. Your followers arent smiling
To another story of course!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 2:59pm On Jun 10, 2013
texanomaly:
sad The end sad

Don't be sad na, there might be a season two.... I'm not promising o grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:02pm On Jun 10, 2013
sweetsmalsis: U already making me lose interest o. Update na.......or else......i go port o angry

Sorry na, today's not over yet... I might will still update sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
oyestephen:
port to where ?
Van....drive your van down here, drink some tee and get to work.

grin grin grin Una head dey there my guy...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
sweetsmalsis:
To another story of course!

sad sad sad sad sad
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
VanTee20:

Don't be sad na, there might be a season two.... I'm not promising o grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Van, i no see action i anthanasus hand o. Make we see action jawe.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by bishop4life(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2013
[size=12[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]pt][/size]the journey so far have been quite interesting and i bet all passengers onboard are having fun.but...did i hear the VAN driver say "END"? do He really mean "BUS STOP"? Please oga driver you should find a way of exteneding this journey,whether by changing route or changing the destination..whatever. just do something. Dont just "STOP" please!!!
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by texanomaly(f): 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2013
bishop4life: [size=12[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]pt][/size]the journey so far have been quite interesting and i bet all passengers onboard are having fun.but...did i hear the VAN driver say "END"? do He really mean "BUS STOP"? Please oga driver you should find a way of exteneding this journey,whether by changing route or changing the destination..whatever. just do something. Dont just "STOP" please!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by Halb: 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
Nice story but u need to update in time and always try to use the sheaksperean english more often, to give the story it's originality.keep up the good work.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by deols(f): 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
VAN van van van VaN!!!!!

come and finish abeg. I couldn't put my phone down your story got my ba3 flat. Now charged I can't wait to start discharging on this matter.

well written, well articulated, well done. Keep it up. I checked the jamb thread and the jokes(although not original) as well.
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by iebanehita(m): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
VanTee20:

Sorry na, today's not over yet... I might will still update sad

Na wa for you o!..
[s]Others don finish story, move onto the next one. You stil dey here?[/s]

Be a Man of your words bro. Nor dey give us false hopes na. Its not befitting.
[s]BTW, I don tire for you excuse of flat battery, busy etc.[/s]
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 9:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
EPISODE 17

A gentle tap on my shoulder brought me back to consciousness early in the next morning.

'Wake up, Athanasius. It's morning already,' A voice, which my brain interpreted to be Hector's sang, in my ears.

'Seriously?'

'Do I sound like I'm joking?' he quizzed. 'Get your lazy a's's out of bed now and let's get going.

I yawned, rather loudly. My brain was foggy and my sight blurry.

'Ok. What about the others?'

'I don't know about them. Maybe they'll join us there later,' Hector replied.

'Alright then. Go and wait outside, I'll join you soon.'

'Good,' Hector muttered as he left the room hurriedly.

I sat up on the bed and let out a loud hiss.

... Why is God treating me like dis na? I've been praying to him since my first day here to deliver me from....

'Athanasius!' Hector shouted from outside, thereby intruding my train of thoughts.

'Coming!' I shouted back, as I quickly straighted my wrinkled, once white school shirt which now looked like it had been washed in sand.

After that, I raced out of the room with the speed of lightning to meet Hector outside.

I got outside to meet Hector and Fabianus in the middle of a discussion.

'Good morning Fabianus,' I greeted.

'Good morning Boss,' he said cheerily.

'Who are you kidding? You are the boss around here jor,' I said with a chuckle.

'No, the gods have chosen you to be the boss. Now the time has come for you to fulfill your destiny by saving our people from the wrath of Justus,' he explained. 'Do you still remember what I told you yesterday?'

'Of course. I do.'

'Good,' he replied. 'Now take this,' he said as he handed me a rolled up piece of paper.

'What's this?'

'It's a map. The map of the route you will take to the black cave where Zygus, the dragon dwells.'

'What do we need map for again? I thought you said the cave is over there,' I said, pointing towards the huge mountain that stood some two hundred metres away from us.

'Yeah. I said that, but I think travelling on land is risky,' he opined. 'Like I was telling before you came around, you guys might be spotted by the dragon or even Justus' men before you get to your destination.'

'What do you have in mind then?' Hector asked.

'Simple. You'll use the tunnel.'

'Tunnel again? Oh no! Please tell it's not like that one we used the other time,' I whined.

'No, it's not,' Fabianus told me. 'I swear by the relics of the saints, this one is clean and clear.'

'Fine. When will you guys join us at the cave?' Hector asked.

'In little time,' Fabianus answered.

Hector then turned to me and said;

'Let's go and show that dragon the stuffs we are made of.'

I didn't answer him. I was doing something else, I was staring fixedly at Fabianus.

'What is wrong?' he (Fabianus) asked.

'I know you have the powers to see the future,' I said cooly. 'Please tell us what the outcome of our battle with Zygus will be.'

Fabianus suddenly went still as if he had been electrocuted. He stood rooted to the spot for several moments with his eyes held firmly shut and jaws clenched.

'What is going on here?' I asked Hector.

'He has entered a trance. He will tell us what he saw when he's back,' Hector explained.

Some moments later, Fabianus' lips started moving slowly as if he was muttering some words. This continued until he suddenly opened his eyes and broke into a smile.

'What did you see? Tell us,' I said, not even bothering to hide the excitement in my voice.

'If I tell you something n
ow, my gods at the top might go and do another thing,' he said, while pointing up to the sky to emphasize his point. 'Just believe that your destiny is in your hands.'

I nodded dumbly, my disappointment boldly writ on my face. I had expected him to assure of victory but I was disappointed.

'Alright then. Hector, let's get going,' I said.

'Go in peace, sirs. May the gods grant you victory over Zygus,' he prayed. 'Make sure you don't spend too much time in that tunnel though.'

'Why?' I asked with a sixth sense telling me that bad news was on the way.

'Ummm... The fairies must not meet you there.'

... Whaaaaaaat? shocked...

To be be continued...

1 Like

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
iebanehita:

Na wa for you o!..
[s]Others don finish story, move onto the next one. You stil dey here?[/s]

Be a Man of your words bro. Nor dey give us false hopes na. Its not befitting.
[s]BTW, I don tire for you excuse of flat battery, busy etc.[/s]

To each, his own. Others wrote their story, I'm writing mine. I don't believe in rushing to finish my story because someone finished his... Don't forget that this is my debut work, I'm still a learner.

You are talking as if I'm happy with my story being dormant or unupdated. See, writing this piece doesn't do anything for me in real life, I have to hustle everyday to make ends meet.

I know you guys deserve better but you have to realise that I'm trying the best I can, in my current situation. I can only promise that my next work will be better planned, updated faster and more interesting.

Thanks sad.

3 Likes

Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
bishop4life: [size=12[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]pt][/size]the journey so far have been quite interesting and i bet all passengers onboard are having fun.but...did i hear the VAN driver say "END"? do He really mean "BUS STOP"? Please oga driver you should find a way of exteneding this journey,whether by changing route or changing the destination..whatever. just do something. Dont just "STOP" please!!!

The story will end soon o... There might be a season 2 though grin
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
deols: VAN van van van VaN!!!!!

come and finish abeg. I couldn't put my phone down your story got my ba3 flat. Now charged I can't wait to start discharging on this matter.

well written, well articulated, well done. Keep it up. I checked the jamb thread and the jokes(although not original) as well.

Yeah, all the jokes were recycled.... Thanks for reading and commenting ma'am cheesy... most pple read without dropping their comments sad...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hal b: Nice story but u need to update in time and always try to use the sheaksperean english more often, to give the story it's originality.keep up the good work.

I'll do that. Thanks for the advice ma'am cheesy...
Re: The Saviour I : The Adventures of Athanasius. by VanTee20(m): 10:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
texanomaly:
grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (22) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka And Wife At Amaechi's Book Launch (photos) / The Diary / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.