Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,061 members, 7,977,024 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 05:52 PM

Where Are The Experts In This Section? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Where Are The Experts In This Section? (637 Views)

Any Interior Decorating Experts In Here ? I Have A Question / Home Automation Experts In Nigeria / We are experts in building contruction,tilings,interlocking etc(New Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Experts In This Section? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hello guys,

This is thread is more like a brainstorming on ways to cutting down on roofing costs,pls feel free to voice in ur input,.I am about to roof a 2 storey building,But this ideal kept coming to mind,.What do u think could be the advantage or disadvantage?.

I am thinking of using decking instead of traditional roofing,.I know about the possibility of a potential leakage in the future but,I thought of spreading plastic trampoline before decking to prevent this.What is ur view?
Re: Where Are The Experts In This Section? by spyder880(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
euromilion: Hello guys,

This is thread is more like a brainstorming on ways to cutting down on roofing costs,pls feel free to voice in ur input,.I am about to roof a 2 storey building,But this ideal kept coming to mind,.What do u think could be the advantage or disadvantage?.

I am thinking of using decking instead of traditional roofing,.I know about the possibility of a potential leakage in the future but,I thought of spreading plastic trampoline before decking to prevent this.What is ur view?

Hello my man, before I contribute, what was the initial plan prepared for this your house? If its a roof at the top, stick to a roof for structural purposes. An engineer should look at the foundation and ensure the weight you want to put as a deck is not going to be a problem to the whole house later.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Experts In This Section? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
Thnx bros,
I have always followed ur thread,actually the original plan was to build 3 storey but it has gulped up so much money,so I decided to leave at 2 storey,.

Do u think that it 'll make good financial sence in long run to use decking in stead of roofing,.have u seen anyone done this before?

Thnx again.
Re: Where Are The Experts In This Section? by spyder880(m): 9:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Honestly I don't think a decking will be cheaper than a roofing. Try and roof the house, even with ordinary zink so that you can remove the zink and do a decking when you are ready to continue the third floor as you say it was designed to be higher than two floors.

I have seen decks done and people move in, so its an option too, just consult a professional to advice you on the best thing to do after looking at your works so far.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Experts In This Section? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2013
Thnx bros,

You re well appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Property Developer Or Private Investor Wanted / L.s.d.p.c.property For Sale @ Ogudu G R A. / Cheap Plots Land In An Estate @ Ibeju Lekki #420k P/plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.