Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,918 members, 7,872,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:28 AM

Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? (926 Views)

OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007. / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt-free When I Left In 2007 / OBJ - Nigeria Was Debt Free When I Left Office In 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? by SegzyJoe(m): 4:21pm On Mar 17, 2008
Is OBJ Nigeria's problem? Are the problems confronting Nigeria now different from those we had b4 he came in? Was electricity supply better in 1999 than it is now? Was corruption less prevalent then than now? or Or do we have better roads then than we have now? In short , what was better then than it is now? I hadly could remember, or maybe we all had short memories.

Obj like any of us has his own weaknesses and strenghts, but as a General in a coup infected developing state like Nigeria, I wonder if he could ve done better than subverting and bulldozing his way through the ever slow and prolong process of law and due process.

Today, it amuses me to see every Tom, Dick & Harry that served in Obj govt condemning the man at every giving opportunity, funny enough none of them have the decency to voluntarily retired from his govt except those that were forced out when they lost relevancy. It is the same people that conspired against us all to impose a General on us, yet they want him to be as civil as possible.

Do people like Atiku, Soloman Lar, Ogbe, Nwodo, Anyim, Rimi, Danjuma,Kalu,Anineh, Adesanya and host of others not served or provided one kind of assistance or the other to Obj? Leaders of course must take the blame for everythin, but does that means the man has not done anything good apart from his dictatorial means of subverting democracy? Yet his regime has some of the best brains in the country that tried their best to put the economy on track, even the world attest to the significant progress of the econmy at about 5% growth rate in the few years compared to the past. I still remembered that Nigeria used to service our dept with about #300b annually b4 he came in or the over $45billion saved as reserve?.

To me while Obj is not a saint or a devil neither is he different from all other typical Nigerian politician, I think he has contribute his own little effort to this country.

Today, all you need to sell any worthless publication is to make OBJ your headline, even anything that does not directly related to him is made to carry his name for commercial purposes. I believe every nation deserve the leader it gets at every point in time. Just as no nation can be holier than its women, no nation can rise above the ideas of its political elites or leaders.We did the same to IBB, even Abacha at death, and am very confident that we will do the same to Yar Adua as soon as he leaves power, it is the nature of Nigerian political elites, not quite ago, we heard that Obj was the best thing to happen to Nigeria but today all you hear is "crucify him" by the same set of people that promoted his dictatorship so much that some of them had forgotten that they ever served in his govt.

Everybody is embracing and adoring Yar Adua, infact the New PDP chairman said he will give the president 101 % loyalty as if a party chairman that is suppose to provide guidance to the president with relation to party manifestos and ideology is an appendage of the president.

Most Nigerians today like the callm personality and disposition of Yar Adua as opposed to the bully and all-wise Obj, but nobody seems to pause for a moment and give credit to the man that offers us such a cool headed leader loved by many. Leadership without successor is a failure. Now that every body is charmed by Yar Adua's essential goodness yet Obj risked enemity with so many political associates to give us Yar Adua, it is too simple for us to think about that now as all political jobbers will do anything to warm their way to the heart of the new President and thereafter shout "Crucify him" We seem to have a band wagon mentality in this country. Obj is so hated now that IBB considers himself a saint despite plugging us into debt,SAP & 419, am sure Abacha too would ve beeen vindicated if he were to be alive. What an irony? But time will tell every man's place in history.

Other view welcome!
Re: Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? by doyin13(m): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2008
I have been thinking the same thing ooo

Some people have short memory sha. . . .

They forget the palpable fear wey dominate the Abacha Era.

Or the mago mago of Babangida. Obj try magomago, e no suceed, e no talk say na by force to stay unlike im predecessors.

All of a sudden because of the freedom to talk wey Obj might not have culitvated but thankfully did not ride roughshod over
una dey get mouth.

Abegi. . . .make una leave matter for Mathis
Re: Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? by CharleyCharley: 8:09am On Oct 10, 2016
Yeah, I strongly believe he is one of nigeria's problems
Re: Is Obj Nigeria's Problem? by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Yep!
He used to be my Hero.....until his 'Love Letter' writing skill exposed him to the world as a very fake Hero of Democracy.

His daughter 'disfathered' him one time!
When he did everything to embarrass GEJ and drag him down because of ENVY.....and started singing the praise of Tyrant Bubu....

Na dia I com no say Wahala dey.....!

(1) (Reply)

The Audacity Of Uniform / Nigerian Businessman Died In The Hand Of Security Men In China / Watch Cbn Governor Lamido Sanusi Interview On Nigerian Banks (28/08/2009)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.