Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,070 members, 7,931,684 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:44 AM

Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars (24486 Views)

Hit-and-run Driver Kills Bride-to-be In Lagos 10 Days To Her Wedding (pictured) / Few Weeks To Wedding, Young Lady Jumps Down From Speeding Vehicle And Dies / Bride-to-be Attempts Suicide After Fiance Called-Off Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by LeJeun3: 4:42am On Feb 25, 2013
dominique: What a horrid horrid way to go. May he RIP. cry
May who rest in peace??
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by ignis: 5:29am On Feb 25, 2013
What a tragedy, may her soul rest in peace and may God give the bridegroom and family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 25, 2013
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]
obadiah777: BLACKBERRY

Thr is no degree or valuation of an asset that shld make her chase a criminal in the first instance, assumin it weRe at night, what strenght does a woman have both †ơ chase, catchup and fight †ơ recover frm an hoodlum,criminal who cld b high on some gin or smoke, which he cld even stab here †ơ death... I bet dat lady beyond doubt is a very stubborn type who term †ơ measure herself with Men... May heR gentle soul rest in peace!

1 Like

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 5:42am On Feb 25, 2013
aariwa: nigerians and overspeeding.What kind of speed would tear a human being into pieces.It shows that the driver was running above 130 and couldn't reduce speed immediately he/she saw the victim.My opinion is that Most of the people on wheels in nigeria should go for a mandatory psychiatric test.

Meschonu! Shutup thr, do u knw evn knw hw to drive, the road she went chasin a thief was a six lane FREEWAY, she was hit over and over again by many cars, causin her body †ơ shatter! Wen u knw how to drive u wil knw wat is involve in such cases on freeway!!!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 5:54am On Feb 25, 2013
Infoseye:

bomb! Of cause who no go tear race! But run into deadly traffic? Spare me! Call a spade a spade run into high speed traffic? When am not crazy!!! Even a crazy man will not cross such road.

Intentional indeed! If she just chilled she would have gotten her reward her handbag and justice!

God bless U man.Wats all dis reflex shit, I mean reflex doesnt come in here, she knw what dat road luked lik aS she trekked by its side....all dis gals whr no de fear!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by universalbets(m): 5:59am On Feb 25, 2013
May her soul rest in peace. Oh God in your infinite mercy grant her loved ones the fortitude to bear this loss.

To cause this lady's untimely death this petty thief had to come and snatch her bag? So sad.

I think the poster of the pix wanted to answer the question of source often asked here on NL.

All this has been happening over the years; the difference is we now have devices to capture the events and mediums to share them - NL, twitter, fb etc.

A really painful way to depart this world. In all we pray for let us remember to pray for long life and a peaceful transition for we know death will surely come but when? we do not know.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by gbokukueba(m): 6:01am On Feb 25, 2013
steffans: Why did d husband go 4 wedding shoppings abroad without his wife to-be

RIP dear one....

Let's be ready at all times!!!!

The husband is based abroad the cousin is a friend of mine. I thought there are cameras in Lagos of what use are they? There should be stiffer laws for hit and run offenders.

Chasing after a thief is a reflex action especially when you feel the thief isn't armed. It happened to me last year at church when one Ipodo hudlum picked my pocket and stole my phone and someone saw him he ran off and unconsciously I joined all other church people to chase him despite my training on HSE&Security every week.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 6:04am On Feb 25, 2013
After readin thru all, Am nt judgin her and God wnt let us b victims... I agree thr is reflex reaction, but common peeps even d thief planned his run but cld not succeed to show you how Busy the traffic was, how then, wiLl u not realise ur status amongst all amount of reflex, I think fear would have been her saviour, if U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what I mean. God bless her soul, RIP dear.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 6:12am On Feb 25, 2013
gbokukueba:

The husband is based abroad the cousin is a friend of mine. I thought there are cameras in Lagos of what use are they? There should be stiffer laws for hit and run offenders.

Chasing after a thief is a reflex action especially when you feel the thief isn't armed. It happened to me last year at church when one Ipodo hudlum picked my pocket and stole my phone and someone saw him he ran off and unconsciously I joined all other church people to chase him despite my training on HSE&Security every week.

Yes, in that case your chase was justifeid but my brother u wldnt have chase that guy into a populose six lane expressway full with trailers, trucks and other fast moving vehicles, Jeez, what kinda reflex is dat? God forbid such reflex dat wil make you catch a fallin sharp knife. Rather u let it fall to the ground and den u pick it up...even if its a pot of boiling stew u wld rather jump backwards †ơ avoid splash and not tryin to catch d hot pot wit your bare hands... Its simple logic here...U GUYS R ENCOURAGIN OTHER TO CHASE THIEVEs...PLSS neva argue wit a ♍an wit a gun... A word is enough for d wise
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 6:43am On Feb 25, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Forget about reflex?

Dude, if I slap you gbona feli feli with a bag of hot coal, what would be your first reaction?

Give me a break! Run after a thief into high traffic? Cut me some slack that is first flight to HELL FIRE!!!!
Its obvious you are daft like the victim!!!

From your ID you are Yoruba like myself we value life and don't act silly when it comes to life.

Listen here!

Grabbing her handbag while been snatched by the thief is what is called reflex action! Acting without thinking, running into speeding traffic is a disicion or choice she made here!

Okay lets assume your handbag was snatched and the thief jumps of a cliff would you too follow and off jump Abi? Na so!

Or

Your female friend seduces your man into bed & your man says it was reflex action as excuse to cheat on you how would that sound to you?

Exactly!!! Just as I thought STUPID!

For christsake there is nothing that is worth more than YOUR LIFE!!! GET THAT INTO YOUR BLOCK HEAD!!

Okay wake up this morning and tell your parents what happened to this wonderful lady and conclude that you would have done the same, its your parents that will slap you into reality!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by angeldaniels(f): 6:45am On Feb 25, 2013
Mercy lord.gosh
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Petraman(m): 7:01am On Feb 25, 2013
What a sad news! Some months to her wedding! On dat fateful day, if a prophet told her dat she must not go out dat she might die, she would have cursed d prophet! May Her Gentle Soul Rest In Perfect Peace! Amen!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 7:03am On Feb 25, 2013
beatbug:

God bless U man.Wats all dis reflex shit, I mean reflex doesnt come in here, she knw what dat road luked lik aS she trekked by its side....all dis gals whr no de fear!

God bless you too my brother, I don't know for all this fake ass Nigerians here blaming it on reflex.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 7:10am On Feb 25, 2013
Infoseye:

Give me a break! Run after a thief into high traffic? Cut me some slack that is first flight to HELL FIRE!!!!
Its obvious you are daft like the victim!!!

For christsake there is nothing that is worth more than YOUR LIFE!!! GET THAT INTO YOUR BLOCK HEAD!!!
of wat use is it calling d dead daft wen u knw she is nt here to defend herself? U r d daft one here my dear.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Deiok(m): 7:33am On Feb 25, 2013
Eeyah. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 7:37am On Feb 25, 2013
Jenams: of wat use is it calling d dead daft wen u knw she is nt here to defend herself? U r d daft one here my dear.

I will not abuse you self, but let me tell you this. This is what her husband to be will me saying to himself, her family not to talk of herself when she arrives in heaven. I am someone that see and say what it is, don't worry grow your children up and tell them there is nothing wrong running into traffic you hear! I-d-I-o-t!!!

Why are you Nigerians so fake? Crossing such roads in lagos are dangerous not alone chassing someone without even looking is a death wish! Christ!!!

Look at her? She was bashed into pieces, probably have to patch her body together for her burial. I just hope this is a lesson to other that act without thinking or so called reflex action people.

May her gentle Soul Rest In Peace!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobody: 8:00am On Feb 25, 2013
blank:

It was before you climb 3rd mainland bridge coming from Ikoyi. I passed by 7:40am on the way to the mainland. By that time, they had moved the guy to the left side and laid him facedown. The woman's mangled body was behind an ambulance and Lastma were at work. There wasnt traffic on my side/the side of the accident as usual but it was the other side that had plenty traffic.

RIP to the victims but i didnt see any car parked by the sode like the car that hit them. Maybe a hit and run?
yea d traffic was on my side cos i was comin frm oshodi goin to v.i.. OMG!!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Biafrarep(m): 8:23am On Feb 25, 2013
dominique: What a horrid horrid way to go. May he RIP. cry
what the hell! Are you kidding me? May he suffer in pieces SIP! RIP young lady, though you should have exercised caution even if there was a 50 carat gold in that bag. So sad.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by rezzy: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2013
O my God, its such a pity. Why did she run after a robber naw? God save us
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by fairygeh(f): 9:22am On Feb 25, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: You judged that her action is "wrong". Why she ran after her bag, we'll never know.

Who knows if she had her wedding preparation money in that bag. Who knows if her engagement ring is inside the bag.

Point is, she never saw her death coming.
Please what are you saying?Nothing is supposed to make her chase after her bag pls.No matter what was inside her bag,how valuable are they? Was an human being inside that bag?Her life wasnt inside that bag so she should nt have.I hate blaming the dead but God this is the most avoidable death ever.Running after a thief on an express?i bet she acted on impulse,she didnt think well.What a careless way to die.Even if she had caught up with the thief,would he have handed the bag over to her?He might even kill her.That thief got an instant judgment.The Yorubas will say A ku tu ku e lo na orun(may he die many times as possible).i diot Bastard.e no go better for am and his generation angry.This is a lesson to all. cry
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 9:44am On Feb 25, 2013
fairygeh: Please what are you saying?Nothing is supposed to make her chase after her bag pls.No matter what was inside her bag,how valuable are they? Was an human being inside that bag?Her life wasnt inside that bag so she should nt have.I hate blaming the dead but God this is the most avoidable death ever.Running after a thief on an express?The Yorubas will say A ku tu ku e lo na orun(may he die many times as possible).i diot Bastard.e no go better for am and his generation angry.This is a lesson to all. cry

Thank you oooooooh!
Dont my mind that one that calls herself Yoruba-Omoge she talk like her empty brain! Even if 1billion self dey inside her handbag its still not enough reason for her to rush into deadly traffic life is precious abeg!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by dominique(f): 10:15am On Feb 25, 2013
LeJeun3: May who rest in peace??

the lady .was typing in a hurry, didn't have time to proofread.
i would never judge or blame the victim for acting on impulse like that. She must have plied that road for years and hence knows how busy the highway is. Her reaction was pure reflex. For those of you blaming Her, you need to go read up on reflex action. The brain has no control of the body. depending on the amount of adrenaline the body secreates in such situation, We may never know the extent of our actions if faced with such. I've also witnessed a bag snatching myself. The hajia kept chasing after the thief despite the fact that he has hopped on a bike and sped off. She eventually slowed down after some time prolly when the brain has regained coordination and the adrenaline has worn off.
May she RIP and may God grant her family the strength to bear this horrible loss. How i wish it was the thief that was ripped apart like that sad.

2 Likes

Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by oyinbogirl(f): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2013
This made me feel so sad & bad reading this. What a terrible tragedy!! The lady is at peace now, yet all those who love are must be suffering terribly. My prayers go out to her loved ones in their grief
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by funmemezy: 10:31am On Feb 25, 2013
Tank u dominik,u seem to b d only one dat undstnd d scenerio here.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 10:45am On Feb 25, 2013
dominique:

the lady .was typing in a hurry, didn't have time to proofread.
i would never judge or blame the victim for acting on impulse like that. She must have plied that road for years and hence knows how busy the highway is. Her reaction was pure reflex. For those of you blaming Her, you need to go read up on reflex action. The brain has no control of the body. depending on the amount of adrenaline the body secreates in such situation, We may never know the extent of our actions if faced with such. I've also witnessed a bag snatching myself. The hajia kept chasing after the thief despite the fact that he has hopped on a bike and sped off. She eventually slowed down after some time prolly when the brain has regained coordination and the adrenaline has worn off.
May she RIP and may God grant her family the strength to bear this horrible loss. How i wish it was the thief that was ripped apart like that sad.

hmmmm my dear I feel you and understand you better than the rest but talk true crossing that road is confirmed DEATH certificate you got get not to talk of trying to stop speeding vehicles to cross that same road.

Well whether na reflex action or normal thing todo at the end of the day ITS TOTALLY WRONG TO CROSS SUDDENLY IN BETWEEN TRAFFIC WITHOUT LOOKING!

You guys here should get me clear, Am not judging or blaming her for her untimely death.Chasing after the thief its normal shaaa.Crossing the road was a BAD CALL on that kind of road HABA!!! Simple Truth take it or leave it that's my point!

Even if they take this case to court, sure the thief will be prosecuted but also the woman will be partly to be blamed for her actions. There is a reason why there are rules and laws!Dont cross the road without looking left and right for traffic simple rule!

Even here abroad UK where I live, traffic light goes RED you still see kids, women pushing buggies with babies crossing the road with incoming traffic. All am just saying is becareful its GOD that protects.

I just pray she meets heaven RIP!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by staaari: 10:45am On Feb 25, 2013
very SAD!

But this has nothing to do with DEVIL or what may.

EXPRESS WAY is for car driving at HIGH SPEED.

It is not a side-walk! We should re-think again!
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Infoseye(m): 10:49am On Feb 25, 2013
staaari: very SAD!

But this has nothing to do with DEVIL or what may.

EXPRESS WAY is for car driving at HIGH SPEED.

It is not a side-walk! We should re-think again!

Please tell them, am tired of arguing with the action reflex fans
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by derbypiero(m): 11:17am On Feb 25, 2013
wot is she finking can she over power a guy a thief for dat matter.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by kufreabasi(m): 11:41am On Feb 25, 2013
Oh God! have mercy. Nigeria is a very big jungle.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by Nobleking1(m): 11:57am On Feb 25, 2013
may her soul RIP, oh mercyful father have mercy on her and forgive her her sin. Who knws the kind of sin she have don before she die, dat kind of death take her without given her a breathing space to tell God forget me my sins. God have mercy on her.
may her soul RIP, oh mercyful father have mercy on her and forgive her her sin. Who knws the kind of sin she have don before she die, dat kind of death take her without given her a breathing space to tell God forget me my sins. God have mercy on her.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by babaireti(m): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2013
funmemezy: Such a pity,d girl actualy acted as a rational human being wil do wen her belongins were snatched away frm her,she only wanted to make effort to recover her bag back but unfortunatly d unexpcted happnd. God knws wat valuables were in dat bag.I pray God protct us all and may we not die bfor our time IJN.

What an intelligent remark,in fact, you ave changed my perception of the whole thing,because,I was just wondering while the lady had to make such a fatal dash accross,all in the name of material possession recovery.Life is precious,and when there is life ,there is HOPE,May her gentle and innocent soul rest in peace,Amen.
Re: Bride-To-Be & Bag Thief Killed By Speeding Cars by vicope: 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
Infoseye:

bomb! Of cause who no go tear race! But run into deadly traffic? Spare me! Call a spade a spade run into high speed traffic? When am not crazy!!! Even a crazy man will not cross such road.

Intentional indeed! If she just chilled she would have gotten her reward her handbag and justice!

Will the bolded mean that the hundreds of people who died in the canal following the Ikeja bomb blast in 2001 were all crazy? I doubt that! Experience, they say is the best teacher.(That's if you survive to learn from it).
It's either your biology teacher died and so you didn't study 'reflex' in 'O' level biology or you simply chose to remain naive! I just pray you don't find yourself in such a situation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing 3-year Old Child / When Will A Man Enjoy In This Life? / Happy Birthday To My Darling Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.