Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,739 members, 7,945,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 02:19 PM

Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (33752 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 2:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
Don't listen to him.. Audi never made a rwd car for the public..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224184741AAmKIXq

http://www.chacha.com/question/does-audi-make-a-rwd-car

List of all rear wheel drive cars made

http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/rwdlist.html

So don't thank him.. He is just an idiot

Somorin#1:

Thank you.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 2:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
obi2012: Lol so u look for the car sotee you begin dey quote video game version of the car eh? The more you talk, the more stupid you sound.. There is no Audi a4 touring.. It only exists in gran turismo and a version that was designed for the Lemans endurance race which is not available to the public..

Oya, this is audis website.. Abeg show me the link for your rwd , Audi touring

http://models.audiusa.com/a4-sedan

This is the only Audi a4 touring, you'll ever see.. On a video game
http://cheatfx.com/2011-audi-05-audi-a4-touring-car-forza-motorsport/

So you stick to quoting video games while I drive the real deal.. I own an Audi and a Mercedes.. You are there dreaming about non existent car on a video game.. Abeg shut up when people that know what they are talking about are talking.. You are probably a 14 year old waiting for his first pubic hair to appear..

People are talking about real life cars, you are quoting a video game.. Height of stupidity..

And since when did the 2011 Audi A4 2.0T become a video game,your mumu knows no bound.
The 2009 R8 LMS RWD is also a video game, no be only video game na play station.
Mumu ewu anu ofia.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Ikenna351(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ obi2012 & chuky234,

You guys are turning this into something else. You dont need to call names or insult the other in an argument or when trying to prove a point. Please, dont force me to start removing your posts or stop you guys from commenting in this section for a long time.

You guys should take it easy.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
obi2012: Don't listen to him.. Audi never made a rwd car for the public..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224184741AAmKIXq

http://www.chacha.com/question/does-audi-make-a-rwd-car

List of all rear wheel drive cars made

http://www.rearwheeldrive.org/rwd/rwdlist.html

So don't thank him.. He is just an idiot

Your mumu go last,imagine you combing the internet to confirm if Audi has RWD car or not. What a beetle-headed goon.
I mentioned the 2011 2011 Audi A4 2.0T as well as the 2009 R8 LMS but your mumu nature will never allow you to confirm that instead you are busy copying websites.
What we are debating is the fact that you and friend said Audi has never ever made a Rear Wheel Drive cars and I mentioned the 2011 A4 2.0T as well as the 2009 R8 LMS,you said they were not made for the public.
Both cars are speed/racing cars but the fact remains they are both cars and not keke NAPEP,whether they are made for the public or not they are both cars with RWD drive type.
If you think you know so much about Audi cars from experience then post a picture of you driving your Audi so I can as well post mine,if own Audi 80 then don't bother posting.
Don't quote me without the pic because your level of ignorance is sickening.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 3:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ikenna351: @ obi2012 & chuky234,

You guys are turning this into something else. You dont need to call names or insult the other in an argument or when trying to prove a point. Please, dont force me to start removing your posts or stop you guys from commenting in this section for a long time.

You guys should take it easy.

Ikenna.
Ikenna sorry jare,no vex ooo
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
Both the Audi R8 Le Mans and Audi A4 Touring are RWD, but are not production models. You certainly couldn't walk into an Audi dealership and order the A4 Touring. It's space-framed, and shares very little in common with the road-going version.

So in a way, Chucky's right. The question was do Audi build RWD cars? Whether this was referring to production models or specials wasn't mentioned. So the answer's really yes and no, depending on which way you wish to view things. smiley
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 10:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Siena: Both the Audi R8 Le Mans and Audi A4 Touring are RWD, but are not production models. You certainly couldn't walk into an Audi dealership and order the A4 Touring. It's space-framed, and shares very little in common with the road-going version.

So in a way, Chucky's right. The question was do Audi build RWD cars? Whether this was referring to production models or specials wasn't mentioned. So the answer's really yes and no, depending on which way you wish to view things. smiley
Bros thank you very much jare,I don dey wait since make you come help me drum am put for their ears.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 1:07am On Feb 27, 2013
I went to my local Audi stockist during lunch and had a chat with one of the folks there.

Audi only makes FWD or AWD vehicles. The street R8 is AWD.

I understand the semantic of the question but I can't include special purpose vehicles as de-facto factory offering.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 6:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Aren't we all talking about street cars here? Where did anyone mention comparing Lemans cars? Does anyone in this thread have access to one? Some people just can't reason..
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 6:10am On Feb 27, 2013
Oga 2011 Audi a4 is not rear wheel drive.. Stop misyarning

chucky234: Your mumu go last,imagine you combing the internet to confirm if Audi has RWD car or not. What a beetle-headed goon.
I mentioned the 2011 2011 Audi A4 2.0T as well as the 2009 R8 LMS but your mumu nature will never allow you to confirm that instead you are busy copying websites.
What we are debating is the fact that you and friend said Audi has never ever made a Rear Wheel Drive cars and I mentioned the 2011 A4 2.0T as well as the 2009 R8 LMS,you said they were not made for the public.
Both cars are speed/racing cars but the fact remains they are both cars and not keke NAPEP,whether they are made for the public or not they are both cars with RWD drive type.
If you think you know so much about Audi cars from experience then post a picture of you driving your Audi so I can as well post mine,if own Audi 80 then don't bother posting.
Don't quote me without the pic because your level of ignorance is sickening.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by yungboss(m): 7:28am On Feb 27, 2013
chucky234 vs obi2012...please sheath your swords, both of you are correct from different perspectives. The Authority himself has stepped in and he mentioned that audi didn't make a "production" RWD i.e, a regular RWD audi. They were special models, so chuky was also correct. Talking about regular Audis RWD, you were correct too...
No need to use 'strong' languages...its ok.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by chucky234(m): 9:44am On Feb 27, 2013
obi2012: Oga 2011 Audi a4 is not rear wheel drive.. Stop misyarning

You are yet to post your pic driving an Audi car outside the regular Audi 80,if you can't post the pic then shut the fvck up and allow Audi owners to talk.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by abdulkadir(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2013
Chuky & obi2012 abeg naa. U guys have successfully deralied dis thread. Ikenna cautioned, seina clarified ur claims, youngboss pleaded but u guys are still at it.
pls guys let dis issue die and lets move on.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by olamega(m): 5:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
There is a German machine you guys aren't talking about..... And that is the Volkswagen!!! I have one and believe me, it's an experience.... I've driven Japanese and Korean cars before and trust me, they don't compare...... Mine is a 2007 model, name it.... Performance, beauty both interior and exterior, so many things...one of which is the Shiftronic Technology
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by auhanson(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
Chuky & obi2012, you gain nothing by bombarding each other like this..Just cool off like gentle men. If you made mistake or err , it's no big deal to render an apology( i rendered apology immediately i misunderstood Trac, when Yungboss called my attention to it, and i really meant it. courtesy demands that;its a show of civility..no one is perfect.. It doesn't make you less a man but rather a complete rational, articulate person.

so guys, let's move this wonderful thread forward in one accord

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by megastu(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2013
Abeg when una don insult unaselves finish, let me know which of the cars i should get. Thank you.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Ikenna351(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
megastu: Abeg when una don insult unaselves finish, let me know which of the cars i should get. Thank you.

Lol!

It has stopped, so dont start another one, abeg.

You can choose whichever brand that interest you. All you need to make your choice have been explained.

Ikenna.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by LordReed(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
au.hanson:

I think we should go in one G55 instead grin

2 Likes

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
Lol u no see say I no answer am? Lets some people drive imaginary cars while others drive the real thing..

au.hanson:
Chuky & obi2012, you gain nothing by bombarding each other like this..Just cool off like gentle men. If you made mistake or err , it's no big deal to render an apology( i rendered apology immediately i misunderstood Trac, when Yungboss called my attention to it, and i really meant it. courtesy demands that;its a show of civility..no one is perfect.. It doesn't make you less a man but rather a complete rational, articulate person.

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by obi2012: 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2013
I am partial to Mercedes.. Never been disappointed..

megastu: Abeg when una don insult unaselves finish, let me know which of the cars i should get. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by auhanson(m): 12:18am On Jun 26, 2013
If you get double orga.sms with bmw x6 then u'll get uncontrollable orga.sms with GLA Benz http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/10003473/Mercedes-Benz-GLA-in-pictures.html?frame=2539845

pimp_lucious :
I drove the 02/03 model of BMW 316 (3 series) extensively. Its road handling is supereb for a 1.6 liter engin. And u wonder why 3 series is BMW best selling model? Generally, I think BMW has a better driving dynamics than Benz. If BMW is Chelsea Benz is Arsnal! The X6? I get double orga.sms in one each time i stare at it. it's the end! God made man man made BMW X6!

Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by auhanson(m): 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
What about GLA? what do you have to say about it?

Armaniswiz: I currently own a 2006 Audi A6 Quattro, top performance..nice interior. Gets a lot of compliments n stares mayb bcuz d car isn't much in Lagos. I've driven both Benz n BMW (family) my take is all German cars hv same tech and r very similar in performance too. What u' ll find in a Benz is much likely what u'll see in a BMW or Audi of same yr just like d Japanese cars esp Honda n Toyota. Now abt reliability, repairs n 9ja factors I'll go in this order, Benz; has more parts n mechanics in 9ja I think, Audi; sleek interiors,reliable, strong... parts n mechanics a bit scarce, BMW; great performance but i think it breaks down more than d previous two. When I hv a shapeless bnk acct I'd go for G55 or BMW x6..awesome machine!
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by jcshols: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
GLA n CLA,cheap benz. Benz 4 everybdy,FWD. In my own opinion,d idea of FWD benz doesn't sound appealing plus d GLA looks like murano(looks more Japanese than German). Open 2 corrections if any.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
I'll go through my preferences, based upon experience, in ownership and a workshop environment.
Re: Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! by tck2000(m): 11:28am On Aug 29, 2019
BBA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

These Are The Longest-ever Living Car Models / Wife Damages Her Lexus ES350 Car, Then Blames Husband (video) / Tokyolt: World's First 'Dual-Mode Vehicle' To Begin Operation In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.