Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,667 members, 7,889,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:19 AM

Pope"s Resignation : Matters Arising - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope"s Resignation : Matters Arising (512 Views)

@ Italo, Debosky And Others - Re: Bible Study Discourse And Matters Arising / Have You Blasphemed YET Today? God Committed Adultery And Other Matters Arising. / Tithe And Tithing- Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pope"s Resignation : Matters Arising by badjack(m): 11:15pm On Feb 24, 2013
Much talked resignation of Pope Benedict XVI. I know some of you may disagree with me. I am not surprise that this is happening now. Pope Benedict XVI had no business becoming Pope in the first place. The unnecessary politics in the Vatican warranted this whole thing.

After Pope John Paul II, it was obvious that the next Pope was supposed to be Cardinal Arinze. The racism in the Catholic Church took over this reality. It is a very big shame that the Catholic Church that has been around for over 1000 years has not gotten a simple black Pope or from another race other than Caucasian. Don’t get me wrong, I am not racist but I will see justice in a situation where in my church, I will be taken as a second class citizen just because of my race. That is smelly. I am a good Catholic but I am not comfortable with the racist politics going on in the secretive Vatican.

The real truth about Pope Benedict’s resignation is that there are lots of pressures on him towards liberalization. He as conservative is not ready to bend the age long laws of the Catholic Church. Some of these laws are Women ordination, Condoms, abortion, contraceptives, handling sexual abuses by priest to minor, the ever increasing divorce cases and the role people divorce will play in the Church.

The liberalists are growing in number and influence. This is unsettling the pope. Some of them are even powerful in the Vatican and in the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.
John Paul was shot at close range; he survived but did not resign. He even had Parkinson disease but did not resign. He continues till death. So be the judge yourself.
Re: Pope"s Resignation : Matters Arising by Ubenedictus(m): 4:21am On Feb 25, 2013
My dear, who died and made u judge?
badjack: Much talked resignation of Pope Benedict XVI. I know some of you may disagree with me. I am not surprise that this is happening now. Pope Benedict XVI had no business becoming Pope in the first place. The unnecessary politics in the Vatican warranted this whole thing.

After Pope John Paul II, it was obvious that the next Pope was supposed to be Cardinal Arinze. The racism in the Catholic Church took over this reality. It is a very big shame that the Catholic Church that has been around for over 1000 years has not gotten a simple black Pope or from another race other than Caucasian. Don’t get me wrong, I am not racist but I will see justice in a situation where in my church, I will be taken as a second class citizen just because of my race. That is smelly. I am a good Catholic but I am not comfortable with the racist politics going on in the secretive Vatican.

The real truth about Pope Benedict’s resignation is that there are lots of pressures on him towards liberalization. He as conservative is not ready to bend the age long laws of the Catholic Church. Some of these laws are Women ordination, Condoms, abortion, contraceptives, handling sexual abuses by priest to minor, the ever increasing divorce cases and the role people divorce will play in the Church.

The liberalists are growing in number and influence. This is unsettling the pope. Some of them are even powerful in the Vatican and in the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.
John Paul was shot at close range; he survived but did not resign. He even had Parkinson disease but did not resign. He continues till death. So be the judge yourself.
a point of correction it wasnt "obvious" that card arinze would become pope, infact there were many things were joseph excelled over arinze. The papacy isnt abt who u want to b there, it is abt who God chooses thru d bishop and anyone chosen by d next conclave is d new pope and i welcome him.

(1) (Reply)

Please For Boble Scholars In The House / Does Your Faith/doctrine Support Divorce / Looking For Higher Mystical Powers To Overcome Ur Marriage Issues?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.