Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,386 members, 7,881,397 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:32 PM

The One Who Awaits - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One Who Awaits (81035 Views)

The Body Awaits... / A Story Awaits You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One Who Awaits by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 01, 2013
Imagine what would be going tru nau................ Pretence does nt take away the pains.........#fact#
Re: The One Who Awaits by Spoils(m): 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
What a story! Lord spare me the time to do something like this.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Dkleena: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
@repogirl, honestly, ur piece rocks but my view, a bit too predictable and every party on the very rich side, it makes it a bit onesided it tells me its a tale of the rich. However, people like TK no dey again I swear, the combo I mean, rich and a wonderful xter, sporty etc. In general, its a good piece.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2013
@ Chioma134, thanks and about the perfect characters, its a 'feel good'story, not exactly realistic but makes you feel good when you read it.

@ishilove, thanks a lot for taking time out to read and comment. This is my first draft and every update is written hurriedly so its got a lot of loopholes. Thanks for the pointers, it's all been noted. I have a lot of editing to do, clarify some details by delving deeper into some characters and their history and will also see what I can do about the structural imbalanace. Plan on working on it a lot more before publishing. smiley, thanks, I love your work, how's chilo doing these days?

@abdulafeez, thanks very much. smiley

@solar001, thanks, we all did it together
Re: The One Who Awaits by hollermeelaycon(m): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2013
I must be sincere wif u, u gat me high gal, I had lots of trouble playin in ma head nw. My project presentation is tommorow, my slides are yet 2 ße completed for d past 12hrs dt I got on dis thread n I neva got off till here were u stoped nw I cnt even concentrate, its like I nided d rest update for my project completion. I commend ur artistic act 2 put up sumfn lyk dis, u neva new bt I tel u dt u r touchn sumones lyf. I must totally confess dt I'm in luv wit everyfn u wrote. May d gud Lord annoint u wit joy in ur life. Different is wat I call dis. Gracias
Repn u already REPOGIRL
Re: The One Who Awaits by shayla25(f): 2:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
Wow!I just love ds story.....can't wait f d next update.well done @ repogirl.Btw,I'm in love wt TK...lol
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2013
@hollarmilaycon, smiley, thanks a lot and I do wish you d best in your presentation.

@ d_kleena, its a feelgood romance book, meant to be prsdictable, not exactly mystery, thanks. Am glad you enjoyed it. As for guys like TK, yeah, he's too perfect, but we are all allowed to dream. smiley.

@Agabasam, dats life, better you move on until you find the one u're compatible with. The heart always heals if you let it.

@chimex4christ, thanks much, I appreciate.
@ spoils, thanks much smiley, like you said, it is time consuming but when u have nairalanders hanging on ur neck, u'll find the time even if u have to stay up all night.smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
shayla25: Wow!I just love ds story.....can't wait f d next update.well done @ repogirl.Btw,I'm in love wt TK...lol

Lol, too bad he's fictional smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by dalagurl(f): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
dnt wana stop! Kudos! Pls wens d next update?
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ishilove: 3:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
repogirl:
@ishilove, thanks a lot for taking time out to read and comment. This is my first draft and every update is written hurriedly so its got a lot of loopholes. Thanks for the pointers, it's all been noted. I have a lot of editing to do, clarify some details by delving deeper into some characters and their history and will also see what I can do about the structural imbalanace. Plan on working on it a lot more before publishing. smiley, thanks, I love your work, how's chilo doing these days?

You're welcome. As for Chilo, she's still fighting with her darned raging hormones grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 01, 2013
Lyk seriously!!!
I am an avid reader of novels & just seeing ds today, wanna say ds.
I cant wait to get my hands on the hard cover.
This is definitely a best seller in the making
Thumbs up Repogirl!
Re: The One Who Awaits by Nelson11: 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2013
mehn dis write up is jst like a fairy tale so biko don't keep us waiting for long and nice story line by the way.
Re: The One Who Awaits by nelxsantos(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
10x repo. I jus fal in luv wit cos u hv made my day, no offence lady bt more write up pls, finsh wot u startd. LUV U. ;D10x repo. I jus fal in luv wit cos u hv made my day, no offence lady bt more write up pls, finsh wot u startd. LUV U.
Re: The One Who Awaits by psante(m): 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
@repogirl......I avn't being ma-self 4 2days nw,kux av bin tryin 2 read nd xplain it 2 ma frds who re also eager 2 knw d end of dis story. . . . Plz dnt fell ma hand oo,jst try nd update
Re: The One Who Awaits by dareking48(m): 6:11pm On Apr 01, 2013
Repogirl, u make sence die... is the novel published out for sale?? Cant wait to ave a copy. kiss
Re: The One Who Awaits by pressongodsay(m): 6:13pm On Apr 01, 2013
What are you waiting for, please don't tell that this is the end, because i will use all the military forces and police to find you hahahahahah. But on a serious note, i'm waiting for you update please. Why cry for Chinua Achibe's death when we have people like you?
Re: The One Who Awaits by Frankenstein: 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
More updates, please.
Re: The One Who Awaits by barag(f): 6:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
repogirl:

Hehehe, nice one. So sue me.
repogirl repogirl hmmm i stumbled on ur story yesterday n i can't stop readin its quite nice. good job. as for being sued dnt worry i'm a lawyer i'l represent u in court free of charge. no fear
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 6:52pm On Apr 01, 2013
Thanks guys, you're all giving me good vibes, Inspiration don dey flow! ahh! I must to write this night when I reach house. That is if NEPA does their own part. Expect an update tomoro!
Re: The One Who Awaits by StFrank2(m): 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2013
U got me glued to this and never cared about food for hours! I love this Repogirl. God bless u
Re: The One Who Awaits by PBeni(m): 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
Repogirl i've been glued to your story right from chapter 01 and i must confess, this story make sense like emeka. Keep up the good work babe, and don't forget to update tomorrow.
Eagerly waiting...
Re: The One Who Awaits by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gr8 work, keep it up, u rock
Re: The One Who Awaits by Horlazuncanmi(m): 8:47pm On Apr 01, 2013
good write up,you made my day,I have to connect my BB to my laptop to charge so as to read it
Keep it up
Re: The One Who Awaits by rofemiguwa(f): 9:08pm On Apr 01, 2013
An update tomorrow yipeeeeeeeeee.can't wait.abeg no dash my hopes oh
Re: The One Who Awaits by lorddarshwood(m): 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2013
Do you know what i did,i sat down peacefully on my computer and copied every inched of the story page by page and now i'm going to sit down and finish this online 9ja novel,the first chapter i read got me intruding for more,nice one repogirl,dont let the talent end here please,go out there and publish something....

anyway sha,504 person to comment undecided
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 10:31pm On Apr 01, 2013
lord_darshwood: Do you know what i did,i sat down peacefully on my computer and copied every inched of the story page by page and now i'm going to sit down and finish this online 9ja novel,the first chapter i read got me intruding for more,nice one repogirl,dont let the talent end here please,go out there and publish something....

anyway sha,504 person to comment undecided

Thanks much, will definitely publish it. smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by Harmvirus(f): 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2013
wow..short of words..Repogirl U ARE GOOD.. At first i tot it was some cheap story but when i started reading it mehn i cudn't stop...thank God for mobile phone.lol..
Your writeup is so wonderful.. I like the way the story flowed u r really talented...
The Tekena character is really a hell of a guy .honestly am tripping for the guy big time lols..Deifa is another character that i like nd she is rily d opposite of what we see in Naija when you talk about girls frm wealthy background u knw... is another gud one very supportive..she is rily a friend...i kinda like the Lisa girl too she reminds me of Brooke Davis in OTH..
But Repogirl o dnt u think Wednesday is 2 far eh...abi u want some people to kpai..pls update soon.:-)
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 12:55am On Apr 02, 2013
@ harmvirus, I will definitely post sumthing tomao-or rather today, working on it now. Thanks for reading, glad u enjoyed it.
Re: The One Who Awaits by StFrank2(m): 1:12am On Apr 02, 2013
repogirl: @ harmvirus, I will definitely post sumthing tomao-or rather today, working on it now. Thanks for reading, glad u enjoyed it.
Ok thanks Reposmiley we are waiting.....
Re: The One Who Awaits by Uzzie: 2:51am On Apr 02, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm...oya Wednessday don reach!!!...LOL...very intresting story
Re: The One Who Awaits by legendprac(m): 8:03am On Apr 02, 2013
Interesting read..............
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 8:25am On Apr 02, 2013
CHAPTER 16
Lisa’s eyes were as wide as saucers as Deifa narrated the occurrence of the day before to her. They were at Dare’s party which was being held at a small park that had been rented for the event.

Deifa had dragged her closest friend off to a corner, away from the music and noise in order to fill her in.

“Guns? Guy with guns came into the house?” Lisa was asking like she hadn’t heard when Deifa had explained it to her.

“Hmmmmn, girl, I was scared shitless, you should have seen me practically shivering. I thought the worst was going to happen.” Deifa told her “ That was definitely one of the worst experiences of my life. Now I know Osas is definitely not right in the head.”

“Wow Deifa, I’m so speechless. I don’t even know what you say. Did you call the police?”

She shrugged “I left it for Tekena to handle. He said the frat guys would take care of it. They would find him and the necessary punishment would be meted out to him.”

“Really?” Lisa looked unsure “hmmm, I hope no one will get hurt?”

“I really don’t know.” Deifa was unsure about the fate of those guys of yesterday but she knew it wouldn’t be good “TK didn’t want to involve the police because he couldn’t trust them. You know its not the first time Osas has done something to get him arrested but you know his father pulls some strings and then he’s let go. TK is positive the frat will do a better job of keeping him in check.”

“Are you sure you’re safe, as in he could be anywhere watching and waiting to make his move.” Lisa told her.

“Yeah, that’s why Dare upped the security around here and the house, some of the frat guys are also hanging around. Tekena is positive they’ll catch him really soon. They’re combing town for him as we speak.”

“Hmmmn” concern was all over her friends face “I really do hope they get him before he causes anymore harm. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“I’m fine.” She smiled “Don’t worry, I have Tekena to take care of me.” She nodded in the direction Tekena was.

He was in the company of some guy friends but was watching her intently. His eyes had been on her all night and he’d instructed her not to drink anything alcholic and not to wander off too far at any time, he wanted her to always be within his eye range. She didn’t dare disobey him, no one needed to tell her he’d be mega pissed if she did. The guy was so overly protective of her but she liked it.

“Your knight in shinning armor,” Lisa mused “How in the world did he manage t take down three guys alone?”

Deifa shrugged “I didn’t really see but it was something else. He’d looked so dangerous, I’ve never seen such a ferocious look on his face ever before.” She replied but suddenly smiled as she also recalled how tender he could be, the activities of late last night they’d engaged in, fleeting through her mind. She looked at him then, his eyes were on her as she’d expected. Her sexy boyfriend, she winked at him feeling naughty and he smiled back. Gosh, but the guy was gorgeous. Gorgeous all over, she’d learnt last night.
She held his gaze, random thoughts of their tryst of last night going through her mind, he seemed to guess what she was thinking about because he blushed and looked away, still smiling. She knew how she affected him.

Lisa watched with interest at the exchange going on between her friend and her boyfriend and she began to suspect something. “Deifa.” She called getting her attention.

“Yeah.” Deifa was reluctant to take her eyes off him but she did.

Lisa’s eyes were narrowed “Did you and Tekena… seal the deal?”

Deifa looked at her friend and shrugged but the smile which she couldn’t repress gave her away.

“Whoa! That means you’re now…you’re no longer a…”

“Yeah, yeah, There’s no big deal… I’m no longer a virgin so what?” She asked. She knew she’d made the right choice last night, TK was a wonderful person and she did love him so much.

“Nothing, its just, I don’t know, I think I thought ….I don’t know what I thought jare! How was it? Your first time?”

She screwed her nose but she was still smiling “ He was… gentle and he took his time, went really slow but then… lets just say I’m looking forward to the next time. I just love him so much, I’ve never felt this much for anybody ever and to tell you the truth, I get scared sometimes.”

“scared of your feelings?”

“Scared that it will end soon,its like I have some kind of bad feeling in my gut that I might loose him. What if he leaves me, Lisa? What if I’m not enough for him.”

“Are you kidding me?” Lisa asked noone in particular, the surprise on her face. “Deifa insecure? The self confident, no time for bull sh’it Didi insecure? Girl, you can only be too much for a guy, not the other way around. Whats wrong with you? Is it because of what happened last night between you two?”

Deifa shrugged “Partly, you know I’m not really experienced and I’m scared I might become boring, you get?”

Lisa shook her head “ Don’t worry about that, it will come naturally to you and he loves you, I’m sure he wont mind if all you can give him is vanilla. He’ll manage it like that.”

Deifa frowned “Vanilla? Lisa, what in the world is that?”

“Google it.” She said smiling sheepishly.

Deifa looked at her friend, sometimes she just didn’t know who Lisa was. “You’re a freak, Lisa, seriously.”

She shrugged “Are you just knowing and I got a man that can handle the freakiness, that reminds me, I’ve got to find my guy before some chic starts getting ideas. You know how desperate all this Abuja girls are when they see an eligible guy, they don’t send whether he has a chic. Lets go back into the party.”

Deifa laughed at her friend’s outburst following behind her “I thought you and Jude were very secure.”

“ We are o, but you know nao, you have to still be on the watch.” Lisa replied. “These guys get distracted really easy minus your Tekena of course, that one obviously has eyes for only you, see how his eyes are just trailing you.”

Deifa looked back and met his eyes again. She told herself it was because he was trying to keep her safe., that was why his eyes trailed her around.

She couldn’t help as her mind wandered again to the past night.

When they’d been alone in the bedroom, she’d been quite embarrassed as no man had seen her in all her glory before but as she’d stared at him, fascinated by his beautiful male form, she was taken aback for a moment when he appeared shy by her open look of admiration. It made her wonder if he’d ever been looked at that way before. His shy smile made her appreciate that for all his experience, he was feeling just as nervous as she was. It had made her forget her inexperience and instead realise that she was being true to herself in making love to him for the first time in her life. She needed him, she knew she was madly in love with him, that was a hundred percent certain.
She wasn’t regretting her choice in going that far, she just prayed they would get to enjoy more of each others company for a long time.

She struggled to put it away from her mind as she brought her mind into the present. She needed to go through the party for now and who knew maybe that evening she and Tekena would go at it again. She was looking forward to it.

Tikky’s mind wasn’t really in the conversation the guys were having, he was more concerned with making sure Deifa was safe. He wouldn’t forgive himself if anything happened to her. If they had something between them before, now after last night they definitely had a strong unshakable bond .

She’d given him all of herself, her beautiful self. He’d tried his best to go as easy as he possibly could since it was her first time but it hadn’t been easy. There were times when he had just wanted to loose control and bury himself deep into her but he knew he had to get her really ready and take it really easy with her as her body wasn’t used to what he’d been about to do. He doubted he’d ever exercised that much patience and self control ever before in his life. She’d given herself completely to his touch, holding none of herself back, trusting in him completely.

When he’d finally consumated them, it had been a snug fit and he’d seen the discomfort and pain for a brief moment on her face, but she’d braved it. He’d tried his best to end it as quickly as he'd possibly could as he did not want to get her too sore. At the climax of it all when he’d reached his hilt of pleasure, she’d held him tightly to herself, he’d been aware of her hands around him through the pleasure of his release. It had made is heart swell more with love for her. He wanted her to hold him like that always. That action of hers had solidified the thought in his mind, he wanted her forever.

He wouldn’t rest until Osas was taken care of, he couldn’t rest. The guy was out there somewhere and goodness only knew what he was planning next.

He took a sip of his drink as he listened to the guys talking about some girl. They were always talking about one girl or the other. He listened to them but his eyes were still following Deifa around.

That morning he’d finally had the guts to go through the dreaded picture album his mom had given him. Deifa had been with him while he’d gone through it, giving him the strength he needed, as long as she loved him he was sure he would have the strength to go through with anything. Finally, he’d looked closely at pictures of his birth mother and even though he’d still felt an overwhelming sadness, he’d been able to handle it. She’d been really pretty and he’d definitely inherited her narrow slits for eyes, eyes that seemed to look into ones soul.

It was a real pity what had happened to her. Deifa had urged him to ask his mom about her, she could tell him what his birth mother had been like but Tekena knew he wasn’t ready for that yet. He was quite positive he could see himself forgiving his mother for her actions, maybe even his father, but not yet. One day at a time, he told himself. He would take his sweet time, there was no point rushing into anything

“The chic is hot….” One of the guys was saying and he looked up curious to see the chic they were talking about and lo, who else but Deifa who was coming toward him. Her bright smile was for him only.

Gosh, he was such a lucky guy to have all that all to himself. The other guys would be envious.

He smiled back.

“Hi.” She said when she got to him taking his hand in hers.

“Hi yourself.” He replied with a smile of his own, aware of all the eyes on him

“Are you having fun?”

He shrugged “Fun is where you are.” He said looking at her, his eyes undressing her as he remembered how awesome and perfect she was underneath her clothes.
She smiled “Come on, lets dance.” She began to drag him away as Wizkid’s ‘Dance for me’ came on, and he realised the lyrics actually matched what he felt for her.

He’d never been much of a dancer but he guessed he could manage the azonto and a little leg shuffling here and there. Deifa on the other hand was something else, she whined her waist like something else. Going down and coming up easily and sleekly. In wizkid’s words exactly, ‘the way she whined could make a strong bad man craze.’

He watched her quite stupefied until she turned to see the look he was giving her. She laughed.

“Am I outdancing you?”

“Yes but I don’t mind at all. You can out dance me anytime.” He told her

“You know? Maybe later tonight I could give you a private lap dance?” She said putting her hand over his shoulders and pulling him close “I promise it will be hot.”

Tekena felt the heat rise up in him all of a sudden but before he could answer appeared holding on to a guy whom he’d never seen before. Deifa removed her hand from his shoulders creating a distance between tham
He smiled surprised to see her.

“Hi Tk,” She greeted and then turned to Deifa “Deifa?”
Deifa smiled “Hi Angela. How you?”

Angela nodded as she looked from Deifa to him “This is Greg.” She introduced the guy.

He was really tall, maybe too tall for who was petite, Tekena thought. “HI.” He managed a smile as he shook his hand.

“Greg, this is Tekena, my friend and Deifa, his girlfriend.” She introduced further

“Hi.” The guy said to him “Heard quite a lot about you.”

“Only the good stuff I hope?” Tekena replied him and playfully punched him on the arm.

“Ofcourse.” Greg smiled as he replied “You’re a good friend of hers.”

“Yeah.” Tk replied wondering how much about their relationship Greg knew about but he would leave that for . It was her choice to tell him or not about the brief relationship they’d had.

The way held on to the guys arm it was obvious she liked him. The last time they’d had lunch she’d told him there might have been someone in her life but it was still in its beginning stages.

“We’ll leave you guys now.” said looking at Deifa

“There are some other people Greg needs to meet.”

“Alright.” TK said and Deifa nodded as they walked off. She did seem sincerely happy, TK thought but if the guy hurt her, he wouldn’t hesitate in breaking the guys legs. was still a good friend of his and she deserved a good guy.

Deifa’s hand lightly rubbed his arm. “ Does it seem like he looks like you?”

“Looks like me?” He asked back , he’d not noticed.

“Aside from him being as tall as I am I didn’t notice any other resemblance.”

Deifa shrugged “Okay, if you say so. She does seem happy though.”

“Yeah, she does.” He replied watching as she left with her Greg. He was happy that she had indeed moved on.

“Owwww.” Deifa suddenly jumped and he turned back at her

“What?” He asked.

“Sorry, my phone vibrated and scared me.” She said bringing it out of her pocket “It’s a text…Uh oh.” She looked up at him as she passed him the phone.

Tekena didn’t like the look. It was another text from the damned blocked ID again.

I know where you are....
Not very far...
You're with him here...
He can't stop your fear....

“Damn!” Tekena muttered knowing they were not safe any longer there. He was around somewhere, they had to leave. “We have to leave, Deifa. It’s not safe here for you anymore. Okay?”

“Are you sure?” She asked uncertainly “It could just be a …..”

“He’s here, I have a gut feeling.” He re affirmed to her. “But don’t you worry your pretty head about it, he has to get through me first.” He said as he pulled her into a hug trying to allay her fears. “I wont let anything happen to you, do you trust me?” He asked her looking at her.

She nodded but her eyes held fear in them. Damn Osas for making her feel this way, he couldn’t wait to get his hands on the coward, he would make him pay severely.

“Lets go.” He took her hand, he had to let Dare know they were leaving along with Mike who was in charge of the guys that were guarding the venue.

That was a problem, the birthday boy was nowhere to be seen. Noone seemed to have seen him in a while, Tonye was also absent and Tekena had a feeling the two had absconded somewhere to do whatever, he didn’t know.
He talked to mike and had him know of the threat and that they were goin back home where he was sure Deifa would be safe. He asked mike to relay the message to his friend whenever he saw him.

Fifteen minutes later both he and Deifa had said their good byes to their friends and he was all set to leave ,Watchful as he left the garden, he held Deifa’s hand as they walked to the car.

“I swear when I get my hands on that bastard I’m going to make him wish he wasn’t born.” Tekena was saying as they walked down to where he’d parked the car.

“Whatever you do, please don’t kill him.”

He paused for a second “I might not kill him but I know someone else who just might.”

“Please TK, don’t let them kill him, he needs help.”

“Deifa, I cant give any guarantees what I’m sure of is I’d rather kill him than have him hurt even a strand of your hair.”

They’d gotten to his car and he opened the doors. Deifa went around to the passengers side and got in. He got in too cursing the bastard that had cut short their fun.

Pulling out of the parking lot, and entering into the main road, he decided to call Dare to let him know they’d left before his friend began panicking. Dare worried easily.

He got out his phone to make the call and had only just pressed the speed dial number when he felt the coolness of metal behind his head, the way it felt against him, he didn’t need anyone to tell him it was a gun. He tried to look back but the cool metal was moved and pressed against his cheek and so he had to keep his face forward.

Deifa on the other hand wasn’t aware of the intruder. She was snapping her seat belt on when the psycho caught her attention by saying.

“Hello Sunshine!”
Her head snapped around really fast as she whispered obviously shocked and frightened to the core “Osas.”

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Maria: The Sequel / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.