Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,833 members, 7,945,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 11:20 PM

He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? (17024 Views)

Batch A 2015 Corpers Where Is Your PPA / Help!he Impregnanted An SS1 Student At His PPA. / Batch A 2013 Corpers Where Is Your PPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by alnetizen: 2:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
Richy.:

A school might have only 6 teachers my Brother. It happens a lot in Bayalsa state especially Government school. the teachers only show up on pay day just to sign and disappear again. they have chains of businesses in the city, so they give the principal something on pay day for him to shot up. then the principal will request 13 or 14 corps members to cover their ass. I am saying this out of experience. we were 15 that served in one school.The most annoying thing in those days was that You will repeat what you were trying to pass across to the student numerous times, they keep looking at you like ST LUKE. some just keep smiling sheepishly. some of our members began to teach them in pigeon English. shocked it was really funny.
Mehn!!! This guy as a graduate really needs PHANTASMAGORIA treatment.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by luvola(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
we (four corpers ) in my ppa taught just jss 1 with a population of just two pupils for 3months before the deluded interim jss 1 she created was shut down due to low profitability.. This woman still owe us a month salary ... Last 2weeks she (propritress) went to meet our l.i and lied that she doesnt want us again that she intend to close down her pry sch finally.we would have been in a state of peril If not for the intervention of our li because we have just three month to finish service.. Nysc should stop posting corpers to a private sch ...

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by steffans(m): 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
trix!:

There are too many things wrong with this post.

How can a school that has Js1 to SS3 have ONLY 6 teachers? How are these students supposed to write and pass WAEC?
What right does the proprietor have to enter your room and take your property? (even if he gave you the accommodation?)
you were sleeping on a bed from the creche? why?

I think you should ask to be redeployed somewhere else for the following reasons
there is already bad blood between you and the proprietor.
You certainly are not adding any value to yourself or the country by your stay in that private organisation
your Ejection from the corpers lodge is a clear indication that this man doesn't want you again, and would go any length to frustrate you. .
Your spellings and sentence composition leaves a lot to be desired, I do not think that you should be teaching students.

Do u leave in dis country
Have u served
If u havnt....den u wunt undastand d frustration dat comes with NYSC and private skols.....

Some of dem want cheap labour...dats why he has 6 corpers... And amongst d 6 staff....Principal and admin officers go dey inside ooo...

Tink b4 u comment!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Sirturin78: 2:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
My dear dnt be fraustrated...you are a graduate, you've endured more trials n hard times more than this! I served in plateau state(2009) and i was posted to a village where they drank water frm a flowin river,i lived on sachet water all thruout n i taught chemistry SS 1-3,biology ss1-3 n i was given intergrated science to teach as well when the corp member handling it left n interestingly i was bn paid #1200 every month for teaching all these subjects.i didnt complain cos it sharpens me n made me who i am today.so jst remember this song"hakuna matata" n smile bro! The man n the LGI,LGO,AI and whatever post that is remainin re all frnds,they knw hw to meet at our back n settle themselves..remember you met them there n you shall leave them there! So my bro.dnt let this weigh you down.jst kp focus n dnt teach them rubbish cos they re ur junior brothers n sisters

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by eagleeye2: 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
I think you and your fellow corpers first missed the opprtunity to negotiate a better deal from the beginning.
As a corper, we were told that we have the upper hand when dealing with proprietors. From the word go, you should told him you won't be able to teach more than three classes. Either Js 1-3 or ss 1-3.
Now, go back to the man again. If possible get ur fellow corpers to go with you. Tell the man that you are taking up the case to the state co-ordinator and if possible getting the school name published in a daily newspaper.
I don't mean you should threaten him. I mean don't mean bluffing, I want you to actually write to your state co-ordinator and copy the ZI and LGI.
Once you take the first step, believe me you the proprietor will come to his senses.

On a Side note why not published the name of the school, he might just start taking you serious.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by BeraBera(f): 2:20pm On Feb 26, 2013
Youths of nowadays are just too lazy for my liking. After, they will say they don't have jobs, when they can't handle simple responsibilities given to them. If you can't teach two subjects in a school, then tell me how you will manage a multi-million Naira company if you land such a job.
Even the guy's command of English and his punctuations are nothing to write home about. I wonder what he's teaching the students.

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by eagleeye2: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
BeraBera: Youths of nowadays are just too lazy for my liking. After, they will say they don't have jobs, when they can't handle simple responsibilities given to them. If you can't teach two subjects in a school, then tell me how you will manage a multi-million Naira company if you land such a job.
Even the guy's command of English and his punctuations are nothing to write home about. I wonder what he's teaching the students.

If you were trained as a professional teacher or you have taught in a school before, you would never have made that statement.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by LaPink: 2:22pm On Feb 26, 2013
In my PPA... I teach S.S.1 to S.S.3 English and S.S.1 to S.S.3 Commerce. Its not easy Mehn!! NYSC is thrash!!! @Op I Feel your pain.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by ogunsam75(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Don't worry accept that trash as some ppl suggested, I bet t with you, u will soon offer to teach Hausa, Yoruba and home econs.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by zenatta: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Seems to have turned personal as he confiscates your belongings and what is your due.

Be careful and watchful though. Do not threaten to blackmail him as suggested, remember you are alone in a place that is not home. Besides the situation reeks of hostility already

Why won't you teach Agric, and beautifully too. Do this as a labour of love and get the children educated. Study to teach this subject if necessary and get the children to heights of unprecedented excellence. (I taught illiterate Military men and became an instant superstar). Do it for the love of the children.

As for the Proprietor, his comeuppance is round the school block, don't worry. He owes you, as a stranger in his town, to look after you. Natural Law will be on his case and Nat Law makes earthquakes look like an infant blowing raspberries!

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by ogunsam75(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Don't worry accept that trash as some ppl suggested, I bet t with you, u will soon offer to teach Hausa, Yoruba languages and home econs.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by BeraBera(f): 2:24pm On Feb 26, 2013
steffans:

Do u leave in dis country
Have u served
If u havnt....den u wunt undastand d frustration dat comes with NYSC and private skols.....

Some of dem want cheap labour...dats why he has 6 corpers... And amongst d 6 staff....Principal and admin officers go dey inside ooo...

Tink b4 u comment!

You see what I mean?
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by iaustineo7(m): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
anitank: Jeez!!! Corpers are really suffering oo

And to think I teach just 2 classes(B&C) in only SS2, I go to school just on tuesdays and fridays, and am still complaining embarassed

@op, u have the right to speak up if that man keeps maltreating u. Ur posting letter stated that ur employer has no right to over work you. Look for another PPA and ask the man for a rejection letter, report him at the NYSC secetariate if u have to. The other corpers in ur school should be ur witness(es)

Well said!.....Corpers r really suffering. Jst Imagine o, the principal at my ppa wants me to take...F/maths SS1-3,Maths 1-3,Intro tech jss 1-3...God know say e nor fit work....*15weeks 2days to go..
@OP...from your post,Your employer has failed in its Statutory responsibilities.Read your posting letter it is stated there,you'll know what to do .As for the subjects,my guy just do it.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by nerfetiti: 2:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
make the guy just change PPA

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by greggng: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
For you to have been posted to a private school is against nysc policy and your lgi collected money to influence your posting there. I served in oyo state same thing happened to a friend of mine. They were using him like slave in the private school were he was posted. one day he visited our school and thats the beginning of wisdom for him. In nysc we have channel of communication which must be adhered to strictly. from your li to zi to state coordinator. It doesn't really matter if your lgi compromised or not. Report to the zi and get your clo to intervene. If the zi fails go straight to agode secretariat ibadan and report to the state coordinator. if possible let all your report be in writing so that you can have some evidence to back up your final report to the state coordinator.Ensure you outline all the things the principal has done . Worst case you will be relocated to another ppa. Back to my friends case, investigation shows that he was being paid 14k by the private school as state allawee, but the lgi liaised with the principal to only give him 7k..so he pockets the balance.There is no doubt your lgi has got a hand in it. please tell me your ppa and i will see if i can help.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Richy4(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
alnetizen:
Mehn!!! This guy as a graduate really needs PHANTASMAGORIA treatment.

Hmmm was that the grammar you learnt today? Someone asked for your advise, all you could chip in or do was being sarcastic.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 3:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
I'm so highly disappointed at some of the responses here. I doubt if some of u are in this same Nigeria. So i should go ahead and teach what i know nothing of. Did u bother to ask what my grade is in WAEC? I would rather teach and impact than to teach rubbish.
All the corpers went to meet the man this morning and we recorded everything he said. On getting to the LGI,we were shocked to discover that he had been informed since sunday night about the propietor's decision. Immediately,we went to see the ZI who later instructed the LGI to see the propietor and straighten things out. The LGI called the man with my phone to plead with him to give me bed till i get my apartment. But the response was the same,he insisted on not giving me cos i insulted him bla bla bla. Thank God the LGI knew he was lying.
I've been advised to get the letter of eviction from the house. But if he doesnt then i tell him that i wont move out till i see the letter. Cos that will be the only evidence against him.
I slept on concrete floor overnight and same will be happening tonight again.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by alnetizen: 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
Richy.:

Hmmm was that the grammar you learnt today? Someone asked for your advise, all you could chip in or do was being sarcastic.
PHANTASMAGORIA is not GRAMMAR. It is a WORD (a noun in this case).
Yes, it is a new word to me that means my vocablary has been updated.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Another thing that shocked us all was that,the LGI told the rest of the corpers to contribute money for me so as to get a bed. U can imagine! It was then it dawned on me that this man isnt the right person to meet. I've been told to come down to agodi to see the asst state coordinator. Tryin to give the LI and ZI time till friday. If nothing happens,i'm going to the secretariat for reposting.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Tee13(f): 3:53pm On Feb 26, 2013
May God help Nigeria and Nigerians.
This is one of the major reasons why education is falling by the day.
Someone is been forced to teach a subject he/she doesn't know about.
What happens to the students at the end?
May God help us.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 3:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
greggng: For you to have been posted to a private school is against nysc policy and your lgi collected money to influence your posting there. I served in oyo state same thing happened to a friend of mine. They were using him like slave in the private school were he was posted. one day he visited our school and thats the beginning of wisdom for him. In nysc we have channel of communication which must be adhered to strictly. from your li to zi to state coordinator. It doesn't really matter if your lgi compromised or not. Report to the zi and get your clo to intervene. If the zi fails go straight to agode secretariat ibadan and report to the state coordinator. if possible let all your report be in writing so that you can have some evidence to back up your final report to the state coordinator.Ensure you outline all the things the principal has done . Worst case you will be relocated to another ppa. Back to my friends case, investigation shows that he was being paid 14k by the private school as state allawee, but the lgi liaised with the principal to only give him 7k..so he pockets the balance.There is no doubt your lgi has got a hand in it. please tell me your ppa and i will see if i can help.
That was the precise response i got from here too. Thanks so much
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
olu4life: I slept on concrete floor overnight and same will be happening tonight again.

Oh Dear (u are the first i'm calling 'dear' on nairaland cos i think u need some love right now), there is something called law of attraction, it's whatever u make out of something that sticks with you.
Make up your mind that you will enjoy your Youth Service despite the challenges, and i assure u, u will enjoy it......

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Rukemi291:

Oh Dear (u are the first i'm calling 'dear' on nairaland cos i think u need some love right now), there is something called law of attraction, it's whatever u make out of something that sticks with you.
Make up your mind that you will enjoy your Youth Service despite the challenges, and i assure u, u will enjoy it......
Thanks babe [u will also be the first i'm calling that]. But that doesnt work for me. I cant work where i will be victimized everyday.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by kramer: 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
Morgan1092: And u can do dis if u re in his shoes? Mtchewww

Why not? what makes it impossible? mtchewwww

Its called naming and shaming
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by meerah25(f): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
BeraBera: Youths of nowadays are just too lazy for my liking. After, they will say they don't have jobs, when they can't handle simple responsibilities given to them. If you can't teach two subjects in a school, then tell me how you will manage a multi-million Naira company if you land such a job.

Oh please shut up nd stop addn to this guy frustration. . .what rubbish?nosense. . .laugh my ass off miss English. .his far better than u. . .how can someone study mass communication at school,and teach physics or chemistry?is that your defination of responsibility?

2 Likes

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
olu4life:
Thanks babe [u will also be the first i'm calling that]. But that doesnt work for me. I cant work where i will be victimized everyday.
ok. smiley
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by BossLadyDiana(f): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
scortez: I Am A serving Youth Corp Member Presently Serving In Ika South.Ajuwaya I wish To Categorically State That The NYSC Programme Has Become A Hokum.It Is a Programme In quagmire Marred By decay And Cataclysmic Regression.I can understand what You are Saying Because I Am in the same Suituation.The NYsc Programme Has Conditioned Most corp Members To Be in A state Of phantasmogoria.What An Irony When A principal Tells A corp Member to Teach the Students rubbish.He must Me moronic And Mental.As A pundit,I Cam State that the nigerian Education System Will Soon see a Meltdown.With The Educational Administrators we have who have A penchant for doing the Wrong Things.The imbroglio we have found ourselves ccan vbe remedied but I guess when we Have A good Leader.However my Brother,I Beg You not To Teach these students rubbish As they are the Leaders we hope Will Cause The CHANGE!
Hon patrick obayangbu......i am really excited reading ur comment on nairaland,didnt knw u r a nairalander, d big big grammer we hear u speak on tv never fails 2inspire us,wishing u more vocabulary 2ur dictionary.
On a serious note poster u write like dat benin house of rep member and chris okotie put together too mch grammer.
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Mintayo(m): 6:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
[Geomac]

I served in Enugu State(2005). I taught Integrated Science JS 1 - 3, Biology SS 1 - 3, Chemistry SS 1 - 3, when there was no teacher to take physics i took it up too SS 1 - 3.

And did you die?
Am serving in enugu presently in Rosary High School, Awgu; and the situation here is worse(i don't wish to go further),sometimes what seminary teaches their students-yet na wisdom we dey apply because we corp members are treated like trash(am teaching 3 classes,3 different subjects-9 classes all)...wisdom,that is what this OP needs!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by Mintayo(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
Rukemi291:

Your generation shall call you blessed!
Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by olu4life(m): 6:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mintayo: [Geomac]

I served in Enugu State(2005). I taught Integrated Science JS 1 - 3, Biology SS 1 - 3, Chemistry SS 1 - 3, when there was no teacher to take physics i took it up too SS 1 - 3.

And did you die?
Am serving in enugu presently in Rosary High School, Awgu; and the situation here is worse(i don't wish to go further),sometimes what seminary teaches their students-yet na wisdom we dey apply because we corp members are treated like trash(am teaching 3 classes,3 different subjects-9 classes all)...wisdom,that is what this OP needs!
That is the problem with youths of nowadays. Simply because u dont know ur right doesnt mean u should transfer ur stupidity. Gosh...with this attitude,this country can never move forward. I'm sure if i pay u a visit at ur ppa,u have no impact on ur students

1 Like

Re: He Is Getting Frustrated At His PPA - What Can He Do? by kennydee05(m): 6:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
Try to notify ♈ōU̶̲̥̅̊я ZI or better still go to D̶̲̥̅̊ zonal or state secretariat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Kogi / Abuja Fct 2016 Batch A, Let's Meet Here / Breaking : “ I Will Increase Nysc Allowance To N 39, 800″ – Gen . Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.