Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,970 members, 7,896,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

Benefits Of African Black Soap - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of African Black Soap (109333 Views)

Benefits Of African Black Soap / African Black Soap Benefits / African Black Soap Benefits You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Revolva(m): 8:09am On Feb 28, 2013
grin oo i remember hose agoyin soap sha..wey dose togo dey sell..e get foam skatter...oooo am sure its very good for the skin..cures acne and rashes

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by fulanigirl(f): 8:19am On Feb 28, 2013
I absolutely love this soap!!! I only started using it in January but I haven't had a breakout since! grin I use my shea butter mix to moisturise after, leaving my skin soft and hydrated!!
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by playahP(m): 8:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Does it also cure HIV??

All these traditional folks product can never have specialty.. "Its good for dry and oily"
"Its good for white and black"
"Its soothing"

Ode oshi!!!
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Willgates(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2013
kamdyjenny: Black wetin?? I take God beg u I fit nt try dat...d smell alone chases me away

u say wetin? undecided

abeg pack wel joor! angry
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by ladysmart: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2013
ovalrose: @ Poster,i can confirm these things you said. I use Dudu Osun,and i cherish the effect on my skin. But the problem is that it does not last. It melts easily. Do you hav any tips for making my soap last longer?
get a soap dish dat have no opening where air can enter from, make sure de dish is dry before putting de soap in it.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 28, 2013
kamdyjenny: Black wetin?? I take God beg u I fit nt try dat...d smell alone chases me away

Does it smell as bad as your poo??
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 28, 2013
Otunbaworldwide: I can supply you real Africa black soap. Email- otunbaworldwide@gmail.com.
please I.need a toning black soap do u have it? Lynda_odoh@ ymail.com
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by yertyr(m): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2013
nyere84: Op, pls can this soap make me GREEN in complexion?? Am tired of yellow or black complexion.

then bath regularly with green soap.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Ampeaceful(f): 9:42am On Feb 28, 2013
tashanja:

I hear it can be caused by too much twerking wink cheesy
TWERKING??undecided is it a type of dance?wink cheesycheesy
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by tabletgirl: 9:43am On Feb 28, 2013
But my Dudu Osun does not melt like that o. I use for about a month. Put it in a soap dish where all the excess water drains out into the other cover. So put the top cover below the perforated one. Hope you get it? I love Dudu Osun!
feminine A: Have been using black soap like forever. Love it so much. I use dudu osun too but I love the natural one yet to be mixed. Then I mix it with coconut oil and shea butter.

For the lady complainning of the melting nature of dudu osun, get a bowl and put the soap in so even if it melt you can still use the melted liquid to take your bath
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Ampeaceful(f): 9:45am On Feb 28, 2013
yertyr:

then bath regularly with green soap.
grin
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by JallowBah(f): 10:01am On Feb 28, 2013
mr skincare: @JallowBah I can authoritatively tell you that African black soap is available in Gambia.
I know that Oyinlewa Black Soap is sold in Gambia (check out the Nigerian stores and supermarkets).
If you need more help on how to locate black soap in Gambia, kindly contact me: witsoftng@gmail.com or leave a post on this thread.

Like I said; I discovered it in Gambia, but they do not sell it in my country. My country is in Scandinavia smiley But there are plenty of naija-shops here, I just have forgot about it.

And..I highly doubt it changes the color of your skin. Should I not have become more dark when I was using it..?
Plus: Be proud of your dark skin, people. It is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 28, 2013
mr skincare: @ferhyntorlah if you need african black soap, kindly give me a call on: 08024130609 or email: witsoftng@gmail.com

Where are you now? I need some to sell in my home country. How are you going to send it? I am planning to pay by PayPal to be safe.from nigeria to congo DRC .please reply .
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 28, 2013
JallowBah:

Like I said; I discovered it in Gambia, but they do not sell it in my country. My country is in Scandinavia smiley But there are plenty of naija-shops here, I just have forgot about it.

And..I highly doubt it changes the color of your skin. Should I not have become more dark when I was using it..?
Plus: Be proud of your dark skin, people. It is beautiful.

Your posts can be offensive sometimes, I wish I did not have to read them.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by rubi96(f): 10:50am On Feb 28, 2013
there's one they use in delta , it is locally made, I've forgetten the name they call it, but its very good too
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by mrskincare(m): 11:36am On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore my location is Lagos, Nigeria.
I usually send through courier(NIPOST). The charges are reasonable and they have a tracking system in place. They will deliver to directly you.
Kindly send me an email or leave your email address on this thread.
Thank You.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by JallowBah(f): 11:55am On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

How?
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by ifyfaith: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: Wait, is black soap = dudu osun?

Cuz that dudu osun na real drydry osun.

Explains why Naija men skin dey dry like parched paper.

Ko sexy atol atol
black soap no b dudu osun,its all dis women in the market dat do mix it.if u discover it makes ur body too dry den explain to d person ur skin type and will help u mix anoda.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by therajoys: 1:11pm On Feb 28, 2013
Is black sopa = Dudu osun?
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by mrskincare(m): 1:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
Skin type is also very important. Different people have different skin types. So soap makere including makers of traditional african black soap have different types for different skin types.
Sometimes, the ingredients differ slightly to cater for different skin types.
This takes me to the next point.
We have different types of black soap.
However, the two popular categories are found in Nigeria (western part)
Then we have the black soap made in Ghana.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by mrskincare(m): 2:09pm On Feb 28, 2013
Authentic African Black Soap is still made today by the people of the Yoruban tribe located in Nigeria. It is believed that this tribe brought their herbal wisdom with them from their original Egyptian homeland. Secret black soap formulas are carefully guarded as they are passed down through generation. The soap is based on the ancient art of ash treatment finding a revival of interest today. As difficult as it is to obtain genuine African black soap it is no wonder so many imitations exist, even in Africa itself. In the US some companies add black dye to regular glycerin or triple milled soaps. These soaps do not possess the medicinal qualities of Authentic African Black Soap. Genuine African black soap is originally black although brown variations exist in neighboring countries and tribes. Even brown soaps with white specks can be found, but this is made using modern soap making methods combined with wood ash.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by binhozie(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
The first time I used a certain black soap... shocked
You know the burning sensation you get when the barber applies spirit on your hairline after carving? But this time all over my body
Daaaaaaaamn...I no near am again
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by kandiikane(m): 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
Ok, so the yorubas are from egypt(I thought you fell from the sky) and igbos from israel?

Na wa for una oo.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by kandiikane(m): 7:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
@kenyattaMoore:

Now, you understand what I was going on about a couple of days ago.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Otunbaworldwide(m): 9:04pm On Feb 28, 2013
Whoever need the original African Black Soap in large quantity at home and abroad can contact me and I will supply. Email: otunbaworldwide@gmail.com
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by JallowBah(f): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2013
kandiikane:

Now, you understand what I was going on about a couple of days ago.

Pff, don`t even try. I am even asking why she mean I am offensive here, and unless someone explains me why, I can not see the problem.
Thats one of the problems with writing things on a forum; people translate the sentences different. What might seem offensive to one, another might not even notice.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by kandiikane(m): 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2013
JallowBah:

Pff, don`t even try. I am even asking why she mean I am offensive here, and unless someone explains me why, I can not see the problem.
Thats one of the problems with writing things on a forum; people translate the sentences different. What might seem offensive to one, another might not even notice.

Obviously, when someone is ignorant they won't see where they've gone wrong even if it slaps them right in the face.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by JallowBah(f): 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2013
kandiikane:

Obviously, when someone is ignorant they won't see where they've gone wrong even if it slaps them right in the face.

Instead of writing this, you could use your energy on explaining me exactly what I wrote that was offensive.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by kandiikane(m): 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
I think you should go back through all your posts from when and where I've been pointing out your ignorant comments.

2 Likes

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by JallowBah(f): 10:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
kandiikane: I think you should go back through all your posts from when and where I've been pointing out your ignorant comments.

I was talking about this thread, and the writing I made, where someone else in here says I am offensive, and you seemed to agree.
If I misunderstood, and you do not agree; sorry, my bad.
I I understood correctly, and you also found something offensive there; enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: First Patients Injected In UK Vaccine Trial / 9 Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - No 1 Will Suprise You! / Nigerian Pharmacist Reveals What Constant Sex Will Do To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.