Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,789 members, 7,969,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 05:05 AM

Please Advice On This - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Advice On This (606 Views)

Help!!!! I Got This Mail In My E-mail Account. Please Advice / Calling On All Coders & Web Developers, Please Advice Me On Social Community / Adsense Earners Please Advice Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice On This by winexviv: 5:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
Good day Nairalanders.
Earlier last year while i was broke, i got a web design job for a Germany based church ran by a Nigerian for 15k and they suggested i build a website like www.tdjakes.org. I convinced them that it's not wise to duplicate their site and i decided to put up this design for them www.house-of-prayer-international.org . They loved the concept then but to my greatest surprise i got a call this evening from my agent and requested that i redevelop the entire site so it could look like this http://www.gcomchurch.com/ without any additional pay. I tried convincing my agent on the value of this new site he is requesting and that it will cost them 180k to achieve in a space of 2 weeks. Funny enough he became angry and requested for all the site control panel information of the works i have gotten through them which i have mailed across to him.
The thing there is that i have lots of work on my desk and i can't afford to spend huge time on a low pay job or not to talk of free jobs. Please advice on this because i wouldn't like to loose my agent and also wouldn't want to work on the site with nothing less than 150k. Thanks
Re: Please Advice On This by talk2me006(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
winexviv: Good day Nairalanders.
Earlier last year while i was broke, i got a web design job for a Germany based church ran by a Nigerian for 15k and they suggested i build a website like www.tdjakes.org. I convinced them that it's not wise to duplicate their site and i decided to put up this design for them www.house-of-prayer-international.org . They loved the concept then but to my greatest surprise i got a call this evening from my agent and requested that i redevelop the entire site so it could look like this http://www.gcomchurch.com/ without any additional pay. I tried convincing my agent on the value of this new site he is requesting and that it will cost them 180k to achieve in a space of 2 weeks. Funny enough he became angry and requested for all the site control panel information of the works i have gotten through them which i have mailed across to him.
The thing there is that i have lots of work on my desk and i can't afford to spend huge time on a low pay job or not to talk of free jobs. Please advice on this because i wouldn't like to loose my agent and also wouldn't want to work on the site with nothing less than 150k. Thanks
Further convince them. if they still adamant, forget them and move on with ur life.dont eva allow any client to steal ur time with small fees.
Re: Please Advice On This by winexviv: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
talk2me006:
Further convince them. if they still adamant, forget them and move on with ur life.dont eva allow any client to steal ur time with small fees.
Thanks for the advice.
Re: Please Advice On This by winexviv: 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
Hey guys, i'm still expecting more of you comments. Thanks
Re: Please Advice On This by GraphicsPlus(m): 10:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
I can only tell u that u ar not serious at all. U ar one of those out there abusing web design industry. U agreed to do a website for 15k, now u want them to pay u 150k. So u know a website can worth 150k? They said u should design a site like td jakes', what stops u from doing that? There is nothing wrong in modeling a website after another website, just dont use their content and images.

U couldnt design td jakes own becos u didnt find a free template that resambles it. U quickly find that one u used and edited and added texts and images.

Then they gave u another site to update, u saw the work and technicalities behind it and there is no free template matching it, so u now told them that it wil take 2wks and 180k. May be u want enough time and money to outsource the work.

My advice is, go look for another client and charge him 12k for designing his website.

web designer.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice On This by sisqology(m): 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
Forget abouit them, ignore their calls, msgs... Etc
Re: Please Advice On This by winexviv: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bros why u dey hash. If you read my post post well i said i got the job ealier last year while i was broke. I'm not begging for insult or abuse rather advice on how to move ahead.
Re: Please Advice On This by Napolitano(m): 10:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
You're bearing the brunt of choosing to be cheap in the past....lol. Well, i think you should call the agent, apologize for overpricing the church, explain to them on how achieving tthat site would cost you, like some scripts you have to buy then propose the site for charitablee 50-70k since you love them. goodluck.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The First And Only Site Paying You When Sharing Videos With Your Friends / 5 Groundbreaking SEO Tips To Rank Your Website Higher Than Ever / 10 Tactical Ways To Sell Your Products Like Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.