Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,397 members, 7,947,668 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:27 AM

MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS (16536 Views)

Airtel Now Has Unlimited Blackberry Bundle / Glo Blackberry BIS Full Subscription Codes / How Do I Browse On My Laptop Using My Blackberry Bis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by morgist(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Cape Town - Mobile operator MTN is ending the unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and replacing it with a new package.

On Tuesday, the operator announced that the popular BIS, widely adopted by BlackBerry users, was coming to an end in its current format, and will be replaced by BlackBerry Absolute.

The new service will provide internet data access of 200MB per month after which users have to top up with a data bundle, or airtime directly.

According to MTN, the new service which replaces BIS will not have a major impact on consumers.

"Our analysis of usage behaviour shows that the majority of our BlackBerry customers fall within the 200MB usage pattern on a monthly basis," said Devan Chetty, general manager: Core & IP Planning at MTN SA.

During the first three months of implementation, set to begin on 1 March, users will be allocated an additional 200MB in terms of the service, MTN said.

"While features such as voice calling, video calling and screen sharing fall out of the BlackBerry Absolute price plan, MTN customers can utilise any of MTN reduced internet bundles or the free 200MB data allowance for these services," the company said in a statement.

The move follows the launch of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone that will not have BIS, but users were assured that the unlimited service would continue on the BlackBerry 7 platform.

MTN said it was working to develop cheaper internet access for BlackBerry devices and the company already has tiered service offerings.

"MTN will soon announce data rates to make internet connectivity even more affordable to BlackBerry customers," the company said.

source: http://www.newswatch24.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=186:mtn-kills-unlimited-blackberry-bis&Itemid=448
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Francheezy(m): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
cld sum1 plz summarise
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
i knew all this tripe about data on blackberry would end with bb10 launch.

all dt crappy java os that cant use data na why dem leave d thing b4. now that the bb devices can use data well.... long thing

now lets see if the so called bb lovers can stick with it in the absence of awuf data
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Osumare2013: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
morgist:

Cape Town - Mobile operator MTN is ending the unlimited BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) and replacing it with a new package.

"Our analysis of usage behaviour shows that the majority of our BlackBerry customers fall within the 200MB usage pattern on a monthly basis," said Devan Chetty, general manager: Core & IP Planning at MTN SA.

Since d news doesn't concern Nigeria, no problem. Cos I can't find anythng relating to Nigeria in d post. Or am I mistaken
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
If MTN does that they should be prepared to start losing customers, cus even in GH, they're the only operators that provide BB service with data limit, and its a big rip-off...I'm already planning to drop ma BB if it comes up everywhere
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Nobody: 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
cool
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by puskin: 12:17am On Feb 27, 2013
Osumare2013:

Since d news doesn't concern Nigeria, no problem. Cos I can't find anythng relating to Nigeria in d post. Or am I mistaken

.....that is because MTNN will soon take a queue from their South African counterparts.
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by ibietela2(m): 12:51am On Feb 27, 2013
Finally.... Please extend to NIGERIA
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by solaceguy(m): 6:59am On Feb 27, 2013
Tt

1 Like

Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Osumare2013: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2013
puskin:

.....that is because MTNN will soon take a queue from their South African counterparts.

Dat's d only thng dat keeps them going. Stop unlimited BIS, and we're with MTN in Nigeria. At least, dat's d only thng dat we're enjoyin frm dem. Cal rate not low enough; network strength, bad; internet service, poor (speakin for my area); customer service, don't even go there. So what's left for pple to endure if unlimited BIS is killed? I know RIM will convince dem not to cos it'll drastically reduce their customers....Time for Androids to shine!
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by aieromon(m): 8:42am On Feb 27, 2013
200MB per month for N1,500. shocked

Will the Blackberry lovers go on strike? The luxury of using a blackberry device has always been on the unlimited data plan.

This BB10 is a pain in the a$$.
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by caukerzee(m): 9:14am On Feb 27, 2013
RIP RIM....
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by mhozzis(m): 9:47am On Feb 27, 2013
HIPHOP BLACKBERRY IS DEAD #NAS VOICE

2 Likes

Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Onyenna(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
***ok***
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by SIRcumalot: 8:38am On Mar 10, 2013
I knew good things can't come out of this BB 10 crap anyhow I have never used mtn bis plan before am just hoping etisalat doesn't jump on the data cap wagon.
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Deblow: 8:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
NCC is still failing in its responsibility to Nigerians
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by debodee: 8:45pm On May 22, 2013
@Chris Why must everytin always be about money?if u wanna help a brother .do it because nothing last foreva
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by debodee: 8:56pm On May 22, 2013
chrisluwi: u can browse with your blackberry(mtn only) on ur laptop or pc using some settings.Due to high demand i am nw giving these settings out for just N1000.its super fast because the settings optimizes ur browsing speed.While offer lasts u contact me on 08132964405 or add me on watsapp or add me on bbm:3236a8af or email me on akanbisegun46@yahoo.com
.im sure if you we're ask to paid 1k on narialand .u Wudt pay such
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by physise(m): 10:48pm On May 22, 2013
chrisluwi: u can browse with your blackberry(mtn only) on ur laptop or pc using some settings.Due to high demand i am nw giving these settings out for just N1000.its super fast because the settings optimizes ur browsing speed.While offer lasts u contact me on 08132964405 or add me on watsapp or add me on bbm:3236a8af or email me on akanbisegun46@yahoo.com
mtchew
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by chrisluwi: 2:44pm On May 26, 2013
I didn't get d settings for free and besides it costs moni experimenting for cheats,u cnt expect me to give something for free that I spent money to get
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by saleskara: 6:17pm On May 26, 2013
If you need unlocked modems that can support speed up to 42Mbps. Then try the

bigpond Sierra Modem from http://www.kara.com.ng/bigpond-ultimate-mobile-broadbrand-wi-fi/
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by benzion72(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2013
Don't pay anybody a dime for browsing with MTN. You don't need any special setting just buy BBC and you good to go no setting just put it in your modem and use Web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by farbulous18(m): 6:58pm On Aug 09, 2013
physise: mtchew
u na theif ole barao maga no fit finnish for this naija. if u need money fast y can't u go forsale yor haose rubbish guy mheeeww.
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by physise(m): 6:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
farbulous18: u na theif ole barao maga no fit finnish for this naija. if u need money fast y can't u go forsale yor haose rubbish guy mheeeww.
guy wetin na?u don see me sell anytin for nl..learn hw to spell
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Mannylex(m): 12:01am On Aug 10, 2013
farbulous18: u na theif ole barao maga no fit finnish for this naija. if u need money fast y can't u go forsale yor haose rubbish guy mheeeww.

Lol....Guy did u look well at all
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by Ebuka9: 6:21am On Oct 19, 2013
Serious ....I now hate ma bb and mtn....bu someone told me that I should recharge 250 and send 2h to 131
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by physise(m): 6:24am On Oct 19, 2013
Ebuka9: Serious ....I now hate ma bb and mtn....bu someone told me that I should recharge 250 and send 2h to 131
blocked tweak
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by 4evabri: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2013
If only I was faster at creting tweaks, I swear, MTN would be out of business. Imagine hw dey are doin shakara with their data... Such insolence, in the states browsing is almost free... I plegde to ma fellow 9janz, We must browse free... Free at last...
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by fr3do(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2013
4evabri: If only I was faster at creting tweaks, I swear, MTN would be out of business. Imagine hw dey are doin shakara with their data... Such insolence, in the states browsing is almost free... I plegde to ma fellow 9janz, We must browse free... Free at last...

give this guy 2 bottles of stout extra smooth!
Re: MTN Kills Unlimited Blackberry BIS by caukerzee(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
physise: blocked tweak
Its not a tweak first of all, it's very legal and it still works. Did it some two days ago. The only problem is that it is caped at 150MB and when network is bad, you may end up not being able to use up to 5MB.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facebook Unveils New Models Of Portal Video Chatting Devices (PHOTO) / Five Deceptions Of Social Media / (photos) Tecno Camon C8 Priced At N25,900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.