Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? (1205 Views)

Did Jesus Die for Our Sin? Which Sin? Ifeann Should Please Come In / Jesus And Mary Picture/photo Are They From The Bible? / Why Did Yoruba People Leave ELEDUMARE For The God Of Jesus And Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2008
Did Jesus and Mo know that we are all Africans?  What have these two characters done to benefit mankind, other than sow the seeds of bigotry?

Thanks to our own sheer endeavours we humans are uncovering the secrets of nature, in spite of religious impostor who claim to have all this knowledge but said nothing about it which could improve the human condition.

References;

http://www.americanscientist.org/template/AssetDetail/assetid/28338?&print=yes
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-120880.0.html
http://www.humanistperspectives.org/issue154/we_are_all_african.html
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2008
Did Jesus (or Mo) know we are all Africans? Did he believe in the Adam and Eve tale? Did Paul know we are all Africans?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 6:55pm On Mar 18, 2008
Did you guys know that all humans are from Africa? I wonder if Jesus knew that! Just a thought!
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2008
any answers?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2008
Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves. To treat all humans like they are your brothers. What else do you want HIM to say. In HIS teachings lies the knowledge that all humans are bothers and sisters.

tpaine:

Did Jesus and Mo know that we are all Africans? What have these two characters done to benefit mankind, other than sow the seeds of bigotry?

Strange choice of words!
Jesus never sowed any seeds of bigotry. Can you prove that HE did that? Do you even know what bigotry means?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 11:19pm On Mar 18, 2008
justcool:

Jesus taught us to love our neighbors as ourselves. To treat all humans like they are your brothers. What else do you want HIM to say. In HIS teachings lies the knowledge that all humans are bothers and sisters.

Strange choice of words!
Jesus never sowed any seeds of bigotry. Can you prove that HE did that? Do you even know what bigotry means?

Well, you have not read the bible then. Jesus explicitly instruct his disciples not to go to the Gentile towns and then likens a Samaritan woman to dog. Is that what you would expect of a god?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 11:25pm On Mar 18, 2008
"Do not go among the Gentiles, or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" (Matthew 10:5-6).

"I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" (Matthew 15:24).

Can I rest my case? You see Christianity thrives because a lot of people are ignorant of its tenets, until they have become emotionally involve and can't leave, but rationalise every evil in it with the most bizarre arguments.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2008
tpaine:

Well, you have not read the bible then. Jesus explicitly instruct his disciples not to go to the Gentile towns and then likens a Samaritan woman to dog. Is that what you would expect of a god?

You are completely off point. You gave two isolated examples, but the question is what did Jesus generally think of humans. And the answer is that from His teachings one can deduce that HE thought humans are bothers and sisters.
I know that my brother and I share the same mother but sometimes when I'm angry I call him a fool or a dog. Do these isolated situations define what I think of my brother? The answer is NO

Secondly you judged Jesus based on what you read about HIM on the Bible, a book the authenticity of which you cannot prove? It is unjust to judge HIS character based on just the Bible because the bible was written by men and it has been interfered with so many times to suit religious beliefs.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 11:37pm On Mar 18, 2008
justcool:

You are completely off point. You gave two isolated examples, but the question is what did Jesus generally think of humans. And the answer is that from His teachings one can deduce that HE thought humans are bothers and sisters.
I know that my brother and I share the same mother but sometimes when I'm angry I call him a fool or a dog. Do these isolated situations define what I think of my brother? The answer is NO

As an onmiscient being could he not have picked his words more appropriately? Did he not know that this would he misread in years to come? What would his companions have thought of such sentiments.

If JC is subject to the same errors and frailty that you and me succumb to, then he is not a god. Then he ought not to be revered. I know humans today who have better judgement than JC.

Secondly you judged Jesus based on what you read about HIM on the Bible, a book the authenticity of which you cannot prove? It is unjust to judge HIS character based on just the Bible because the bible was written by men and it has been interfered with so many times to suit religious beliefs.

Is this not the inspired word of god? Is this not the inerrant word of god? If it is not, why should we believe anything in it? How do you know what to pick and what to reject?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 11:44pm On Mar 18, 2008
tpaine:

"Do not go among the Gentiles, or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" (Matthew 10:5-6).

Can I rest my case? You see Christianity thrives because a lot of people are ignorant of its tenets, until they have become emotionally involve and can't leave, but rationalise every evil in it with the most bizarre arguments.

Here you make absolutely no sense.
As a child my mother warned me not to go with strangers or accept gifts from certain people. Does this mean that my mother doesnt know that those people(strangers) are humans too. How does this prove that my mother doesn't know that all humans are related.
Has it ever occurred to you that there may be another reason that is of good faith why according to the Bible Jesus said, "Do not go among the Gentiles, or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" (Matthew 10:5-6).
Universities are forbade to enroll primary school students by the law. Does this mean that the law thinks that primary school students are less humans. Have you considered that what is right for one may not be right for the other at the same time. Maybe the Gentiles and Samaritans of that time were not yet ready to understand the message of Christ.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 12:01am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

As an onmiscient being could he not have picked his words more appropriately? Did he not know that this would he misread in years to come? What would his companions have thought of such sentiments.

Once again your argument holds no water. Remember that Jesus never wrote any book. The bible was written by men and not Jesus himself! The words that we are talking about are not actually Jesus' exact words. They are mans transmition of Jesus's words. Apart from the fact that the words were written by man, they were written in another language and have gone through translations. Every educated person knows what translation does to the meaning of sentences! Therefore if any errors are found in those words, such errors should not be attributed to Jesus.

tpaine:

Is this not the inspired word of god? Is this not the inerrant word of god? If it is not, why should we believe anything in it? How do you know what to pick and what to reject?

Who said you should believe anything in it! Only religious people tell you that. I have no religion but I am of the conviction that Jesus is the son of GOD. God remains eternally and we humans have the ability to recognize HIS will which is anchored in HIS works. I am as much a humanbeing as the writers of the Bible and the God that they wrote about still remains. Why should I neglect my own ability to recognise him personally and believe what another person recognised. I deal with God personally, and I don't allow any religion or book to interfere with my recognition.
None of the prophets taught of God based on any book. Jesus did not teach based on the Bible. Neither did John the baptise nor Mohamed.
Whoever truly seeks God shall find!
And from your own experiences you can agree or disagree with what others wrote. God can reveal himself to you as much as He revealed to the writers of the Bible, if only you seek keenly, humbly and without prejudice. You will receive as much as you are worthy to receive.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 12:13am On Mar 19, 2008
justcool:

Here you make absolutely no sense.
As a child my mother warned me not to go with strangers or accept gifts from certain people. Does this mean that my mother doesnt know that those people(strangers) are humans too. How does this prove that my mother doesn't know that all humans are related.
Has it ever occurred to you that there may be another reason that is of good faith why according to the Bible Jesus said, "Do not go among the Gentiles, or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" (Matthew 10:5-6).

Now, let see what JC was doing going to the various tribes of the house of Israel. Was he going to construct some sewage system, set up hospital, create schools, or house the inhabitants?  NO. He was simply going into these villages to preach and perform the odd exorcism or miracle. Nothing much. In their day, none of these seemed particularly demanding in human effort or expense - nothing a donkey or boat, or walking on water, or multiplying a couple of loafs would not solve.

He and his gang simply had the good new message. Take the case where he make a simply trip to Garasene and exorcise a demon possessed man and send the demons into a herd of pig. This was a simply boat journey into this town which did not seem to last long.  So JC had nothing better than his claimed miracles and words to deliver.

Now, why would he not allow these same words and miracles to be taken to the gentiles. It does not look too much to ask.  Well, the reason they are being refused these word is because the are gentiles, they are not Jewish. It is very clear in the text "Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel"

He did not say, don't go there or you shall be hounded, or arrested, or despised.  He makes it clear that his message was for the house of Israel.

Universities are forbade to enroll primary school students by the law. Does this mean that the law thinks that primary school students are less humans. Have you considered that what is right for one may not be right for the other at the same time. Maybe the Gentiles and Samaritans of that time were not yet ready to understand the message of Christ.

What is special about a few words and miracles from an illiterate gang of farmers and fishermen. Do you need a degree to be told to love your brother, to obey the law, to not work on the sabbath.  If so, why are/were missionaries going into the remotest places to preach these inane words to people who previous had no schooling?

In fact, studies show that some of the gentile towns were the most literate of the time. These towns had schools of hellenistic and pagan philosophers and roman scholars. They would have torn the backward doctrine of JC to pieces, as Celsus and Pophyry later did.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 12:19am On Mar 19, 2008
justcool:

Once again your argument holds no water. Remember that Jesus never wrote any book. The bible was written by men and not Jesus himself! The words that we are talking about are not actually Jesus' exact words. They are mans transmition of Jesus's words. Apart from the fact that the words were written by man, they were written in another language and have gone through translations. Every educated person knows what translation does to the meaning of sentences! Therefore if any errors are found in those words, such errors should not be attributed to Jesus.

Who said you should believe anything in it! Only religious people tell you that. I have no religion but I am of the conviction that Jesus is the son of GOD. God remains eternally and we humans have the ability to recognize HIS will which is anchored in HIS works. I am as much a humanbeing as the writers of the Bible and the God that they wrote about still remains. Why should I neglect my own ability to recognise him personally and believe what another person recognised. I deal with God personally, and I don't allow any religion or book to interfere with my recognition.
None of the prophets taught of God based on any book. Jesus did not teach based on the Bible. Neither did John the baptise nor Mohamed.
Whoever truly seeks God shall find!
And from your own experiences you can agree or disagree with what others wrote. God can reveal himself to you as much as He revealed to the writers of the Bible, if only you seek keenly, humbly and without prejudice. You will receive as much as you are worthy to receive.

If you think the bible is errant, what then is your basis for accepting Jesus as the Son of God. What if the bit where he says he is the Son of God is a human mistake? That too could be in error?

I would really like to see your criteria for accepting/reject sections of the bible.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by 4Him(m): 12:21am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

Your basic problem is lack of understanding of the scriptures. The bible is not a novel where you can build sand castles on 1 or 2 isolated verses but rather parts of a system that needs to be understood in its entirety.

Look at what the very same Christ said after His death from the very same book of matthew:
Matthew 29:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Was Christ contradicting Himself here? Why restrict the gospel to the house of Israel in Matthew chapt 15 and then ask it to be preached to ALL NATIONS 15 chapters later? Well the key is in the portion i highlighted earlier . . . prior to His death . . . God's covenant with Abraham was restricted to His direct descendants (the children of Israel), after the death and resurection His blood redeemed us and we became a part of Abraham's spiritual descendants . . . the gospel thus became open to the entire world.

tpaine:

Here is what they thought of Him barely the next chapter after Christ's comments to the woman of Syria - Matthew 15: 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

You are free to continue your campaign of blasphemy built on half-truths.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 12:51am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

What is special about a few words and miracles from an illiterate gang of farmers and fishermen. Do you need a degree to be told to love your brother, to obey the law, to not work on the sabbath.  If so, why are/were missionaries going into the remotest places to preach these inane words to people who previous had no schooling?

In fact, studies show that some of the gentile towns were the most literate of the time. These towns had schools of hellenistic and pagan philosophers and roman scholars. They would have torn the backward doctrine of JC to pieces, as Celsus and Pophyry later did.

This show that you have absolutely no idea about what I was saying. You don't need educatedness(litracy) to understand Jesus' words which are spiritual. My analogy about primary school students not being enrolled in universities should not be taken literally. Let me explain what I mean to you.
Primary school students are not allowed by law to enroll in the university because the primary school students do not have enough education and maturity to undersatand university courses. It is for their own good that they are left to mature and go trough secondary school before they can be admitted in the university. Otherwise the university education will do them no good, it might even destroy the little they know.
The same way some people who are not matured enough spiritually to understand the message of Christ are best left alone. What Jesus told the Jews are based on the Jews level of spiritual maturity, any people of less spiritual maturity would not comprehend it. It is not for them. They are better left alone by the Jews. When they are ready for IT God will give it to them just as He gave the Jews. It doesn't mean that they are evil or that they are less humans than the Jews.

You asked, "What is special about a few words and miracles from an illiterate gang of farmers and fishermen"
Are you kidding me? Do you not know how much wars, hatrad, and genocide that man has committed because of the alleged words of GOD(Bible, and Koran). Doesn't this clearly show you that those teachings may not be for everybody, because the teachings are adapted to the needs and nature of the people it was given.
Only a fool will give another person a medicine that the doctor proscribed for him without knowing the nature of the persons sickness.

You wrote, "If so, why are/were missionaries going into the remotest places to preach these inane words to people who previous had no schooling?"
I have said in another thread(https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-111110.0.html#msg1931675) that the missionaries did not know what they were doing. Some of they people that the missionaries taught Christianity were not yet ready for Christianity. By accepting a religion that is alien to them, they lost even the little spiritual maturity that they had. Think about Africa today and ask youself this question. Now that Africans have abandoned their traditional way of life and have accepted various Christian religions, Is Africa today more moralistic and peaceful than before?
Think about the Sudanese killing each other. Do you think Islam (a religion adapted to the Arabic way of life and thinking) is good for them. Observe an Arabic Muslim and you see the difference between him and a black African Muslim.
If the missionaries and the Jihadist had listened to the Biblical words, "Do not go among the Gentiles, or enter any town of the Samaritans. Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel" they wouldn't have forced people to accept Christianity and Islam. The world would have been a better place today. World trade center may have stood till today!
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by 4Him(m): 1:10am On Mar 19, 2008
Justcool, you need to grab your bible and study it urself.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 1:17am On Mar 19, 2008
4Him:

Justcool, you need to grab your bible and study it yourself.

the diversity and contradiction within xianity leaves my gasping smiley. everyone is right depending on how you look at any issue.

if you want to pluck out your eyes, you have support in the bible

if you want to pick up poisonous snakes, you havr support in the bible,

if you want to keep slaves, you have support in the bible,

if you want to "put a woman in her place", you have support in the bible.

if you want to never go into the house of unbelievers, you have support in the bible.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by 4Him(m): 1:23am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

the diversity and contradiction within xianity leaves my gasping smiley. everyone is right depending on how you look at any issue.

what leaves me sickened is how you suddenly lost ur voice as soon as ur own deciet and half-baked scholarship was exposed by the very same book of matthew. There is no contradiction in the bible . . . Justcool simply needs to go read his bible very well.

tpaine:

if you want to pluck out your eyes, you have support in the bible

If you also want to blaspheme the bible, you have plenty of ammunition by misquoting, misrepresenting and distorting that same bible.

tpaine:

if you want to pick up poisonous snakes, you havr support in the bible,

Only foolish people will go pick up snakes and claim the bible told them to do so.

tpaine:

if you want to keep slaves, you have support in the bible,

The early disciples owned no slaves.

tpaine:

if you want to "put a woman in her place", you have support in the bible.

Funny enough the very same bible frankly frowns at divorce, has a zero policy on fornication and adultery and CLEARLY advocates love, trust, forgiveness, self sacrifice as bedrocks of the marital institution . . . of course hypocrites like you NEVER see that.

tpaine:

if you want to never go into the house of unbelievers, you have support in the bible.

No you dont. Christ ate with sinners, sat with publicans, prayed with an adulterous woman, forgave the theif on the cross . . . its all in the bible wooden head.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 1:30am On Mar 19, 2008
4Him:

what leaves me sickened is how you suddenly lost your voice as soon as your own deciet and half-baked scholarship was exposed by the very same book of matthew. There is no contradiction in the bible . . . Justcool simply needs to go read his bible very well.

If you also want to blaspheme the bible, you have plenty of ammunition by misquoting, misrepresenting and distorting that same bible.

Only foolish people will go pick up snakes and claim the bible told them to do so.

The early disciples owned no slaves.

Funny enough the very same bible frankly frowns at divorce, has a zero policy on fornication and adultery and CLEARLY advocates love, trust, forgiveness, self sacrifice as bedrocks of the marital institution . . . of course hypocrites like you NEVER see that.

No you don't. Christ ate with sinners, sat with publicans, prayed with an adulterous woman, forgave the theif on the cross . . . its all in the bible wooden head.

Tell me what the following verses say;

Matt 5: 29- 32

Mark 9:47

2 Corin 6:14

1 tim 2: 9-15

Goodnite
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by 4Him(m): 1:38am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

Tell me what the following verses say;

Matt 5: 29- 32

Mark 9:47

2 Corin 6:14

1 tim 2: 9-15

Goodnite

I cant stand 2-faced creeps. Start from responding to my earlier rebuttal. Good nite.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by justcool(m): 1:55am On Mar 19, 2008
tpaine:

If you think the bible is errant, what then is your basis for accepting Jesus as the Son of God. What if the bit where he says he is the Son of God is a human mistake? That too could be in error?

I would really like to see your criteria for accepting/reject sections of the bible.

One can seek GOD in HIS work.

I all cultures of the world, one thing is generally believed -- A superior BEING/ Beings or FORCE/ forces created the universe and everything in it. The Jews call this BEING JEHOVAH, English call him God and Arabic people call him ALLAH
A man is a work of this BEING, so is the universe. If a man wants to understand this BEING, he must try to understand HIS work(the Being's work) which is the universe including man himself. Not from a book (Bible or Great Book) written by man.
Since we are in the age of science, lets look at the universe scientifically. If we analyse the universe we see that the universe is guided by laws-- gravity, electromagnetism, etc. The same laws that guard the universe are the laws of this BEING because He created it. And the law bears witness to HIS character and HIS existence. HOW?

1) Newtons first law of motion (law of inerstia).
"Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed."
Since the universe is constantly in an eratic motion / changing directions (expanding, collapsing) and not in a state of being at rest nor in a uniformly straight motion, based on newtions law one can logically conclude that there is an external force that compels the universe or effects the universe to be in an erratic motion rather a uniformly straight forward motion.
It doesn't matter what you call this force-- God, God, Force, one thing is certain: There is a force beyond the universe that sustains the universe.

2.) newtone third law of motion:
All forces occur in pairs, and these two forces are equal in magnitude and opposite in direction.
There for if I hit the wall with a force of 10 newtons, I automatically receive the force of 10 newtons back to me. Sounds like: what you sow is what you reap! By this I can logically conclude that whatever I give out comes back to me. And since this law applies to all parts of the universe, it must also apply to all my actions, words and thougths since these operate within the same universe. Thus makes sense for me to conclude that if I act in an evil manner, I will receive evil thrown back at me by the law that operates in the universe.

3.) The sun rises everyday from east to the west. It supplies energy to all things in our solar system; irrespective of the belief, nature, and color of man, this energy is given for all.
From this I can logically conclude that the universe is not partial and that everybeing and everything on earth has as much right to the sun's energy as man. Everything uses this energy and produces what the other needs. If I live by this wouldn't I be tolerant, wouldn't I respect and love all creatures. Wouldn't this recognition of the importance of everything make me to see the need to love every creature as much as my self. One who live by this will not kill or condemn people just because of their religion. Scientific knowledge alone should make one see the need to live by the ten commandments.

If one carfully analyses everything in the universe. The laws speaks to man. And from the little things he can understand the bigger things because the laws of the universe are constant, effecting all parts of the universe. As you trace the laws, they will lead you to recognise the need for balance and the appreciation of every being in the universe, you will definitely see the need to love your neighbor as yourself. If you seek rightly you'll be lead higher and higher. Even to the non physical things.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by tpaine: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2008
Did JC know we are all Africans?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by blkmum700: 3:41am On Mar 23, 2008
i enjoyed the physics Class on here,

What do you mean by the bible was writen by someone?So you know is writen by someone and you still beliving in it?
there are many things in it contraditing each i dont want to talk about it.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by huxley(m): 9:44pm On May 28, 2008
Think this one deserves another look!
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by longman83(m): 10:02pm On May 28, 2008
tpaine, why do you have two handles?
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by Lady2(f): 10:21pm On May 28, 2008
Did JC know we are all Africans?

tell me the origin of the term Africa and I will let you know
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by huxley(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2008
~Lady~:

tell me the origin of the term Africa and I will let you know

i don't know the origin.
Re: Did Jesus And Mo Know That We Are All Africans? by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 28, 2008
havent you read smwhere in d bible that even before you were formed in mumsy's womb, he had known you? speaking for jesus of course.

(1) (Reply)

This Dream Makes Me Afraid Wat Could Be The Meaning / Christianist Crusaders: Fundamenlist Xtians Ban Trouser / Is Christmas worth celebrating ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.