Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,754 members, 7,915,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 04:32 PM

Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily (15122 Views)

We save N100b monthly from subsidy removal — NNPC / Ladipo Traders On Rampage / Fashola Earmarks N100b For Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Smartwave: 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
peckhamboi: N100 billion daily

N3 trillion monthly (x 30)

N36 trillion annually (x 12)

Nigeria's budget = N4.9 trillion

They claim to be making more than 7 times the whole country's budget in a year.
[size=14pt]Somebody is telling a bold face lie[/size]
Don't trust all this emeka, ebube them oooo, later they will open their dirty mouth and say Yoruba is dirty. (Clean where u are making money), NO
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by manny4life(m): 2:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
Personally, I think that number is a lil on the high side, nonetheless, if you ask me, if they're making this money and they are paying taxes to the govt, now I see why I blame them. You get what you pay for, if you pay taxes, yet nothing worthwhile, then it's time for them to pack and go to their different gully erosion villages. Your different governments need your taxes that is if you're paying it in Lagos. In fact, let Lagos not reopen the market sef, for once, let traders think outside of Lagos.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by honeric01(m): 2:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

It will be a waste of time keep quoting you forth and back because no amount of explanation will ever make you see the Govt wrong part in this scenario. Now i have concluded to ignore you having taking my time gone through your posts to know whom you are and what you stand for.

I AM DONE WITH YOU. UN-FOLLOW ME CLOWN.

When you lack answers, you turn to insults. i asked you direct questions, you couldn't even give direct answers. stop being sentimental, there are no kids here.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ayotolah: 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: the high rise craze in idumota was to occupy and accomodate igbos paying 2 and 3 years advance rent. Competition was hot between Igbos wanting space at prime spot by all means. The Igbos setup shops and lived in the shops and also rented apartments and flats in the high rise. They were importing apprentices from village and they arrived daily.....some slept 10 or more in a room. What are you talking about? Those buildings were erected for you to do business and live in. Some of your boys born in lagos were conceived in these flats. For someone fresh from village this was great....but as you learnt your ways around lagos and opened eyes then you began to spread out to surulere and aguda and left the idumota ghetto for your apprentice.

i know all about your rise....from when you first arrived lagos with no shoe to now where you are flaunting thinking you own lagos. i gave you two examples already...okoya and otedola. these are just two...out of many. multibillionaires and yet humble and stay under the radar. they started from idumota, right there where your loud mouthed arrogant brothers are making noise on chicken change profit made from selling fake products.

Thumb up, bro. U get mouth. I like it someone knows what he/she is talking about.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
When some people comes up with topic of defecating in bags and under bridges, anyone who live or had lived in lagos knows the set of people who does such acts. I won't argue much about this because everyone who is conversant with lagos knows what every tribe is known for.

Cowards who goes to restaurants buy food carry it in bare hands in white nylon and walk down the street to their homes. Back ward fellows.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
F those of u claiming u know ladipo 56 percent of dat market ar Yorubas so i dont see y u should be happy for d clossure of market,if not for ur lack of moral education.nonsence

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
One thing that is hard fashola to do is to push yorouba thugs(alaye)to ladipo to task people money and he cannot bang into the market to make unnecesarry law....This market have a strong union,very strong that a trader s very afraid when tell him u want to report him to thier own union office..I have gotten certain case with people thier and i always win.....so when talk about thug activities,Is a big lie,and when u talk about Bakassi activities,it is a big lie also,because i have not seen any man harass me with even a pen-knife.....so for the Allegation i think is just to worsen the case...for me the only case lagos state have with Ladipo is the illegal stuctures on the way,and if he realy want to do justice ,is not locking everbodys shop...let him clear it in face of every people....

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by manny4life(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail: When some people comes up with topic of defecating in bags and under bridges, anyone who live or had lived in lagos knows the set of people who do such acts. I won't argue much about this because everyone who is conversant with lagos knows what every tribe is known for.

Haha, go to Google and do a search, the results confirm your story
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2013
EMMAUGOH: One thing that is hard fashola to do is to push yorouba thugs(alaye)to ladipo to task people money and he cannot bang into the market to make unnecesarry law....This market have a strong union,very strong that a trader s very afraid when tell him u want to report him to thier own union office..I have gotten certain case with people thier and i always win.....so when talk about thug activities,Is a big lie,and when u talk about Bakassi activities,it is a big lie also,because i have not seen any man harass me with even a pen-knife.....so for the Allegation i think is just to worsen the case...for me the only case lagos state have with Ladipo is the illegal stuctures on the way,and if he realy want to do justice ,is not locking everbodys shop...let him clear it in face of every people....

You are writing like a tout.. undecided
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO: the high rise craze in idumota was to occupy and accomodate igbos paying 2 and 3 years advance rent. Competition was hot between Igbos wanting space at prime spot by all means. The Igbos setup shops and lived in the shops and also rented apartments and flats in the high rise. They were importing apprentices from village and they arrived daily.....some slept 10 or more in a room. What are you talking about? Those buildings were erected for you to do business and live in. Some of your boys born in lagos were conceived in these flats. For someone fresh from village this was great....but as you learnt your ways around lagos and opened eyes then you began to spread out to surulere and aguda and left the idumota ghetto for your apprentice.

i know all about your rise....from when you first arrived lagos with no shoe to now where you are flaunting thinking you own lagos. i gave you two examples already...okoya and otedola. these are just two...out of many. multibillionaires and yet humble and stay under the radar. they started from idumota, right there where your loud mouthed arrogant brothers are making noise on chicken change profit made from selling fake products.

Are you this dump? When i expected you to do better you came out like a mad soldier who refused to take order from his senior officers.

Dudu grow up, idumota is a place i transacted business for more than 15yrs still never give up there and i can tell you each and every happening in that very place. No igbo boss allowed his/her apprentices to sleep in shop.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 2:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
manny4life:

Haha, go to Google and do a search, the results confirm your story

Nwanne these people are liars and their lies should not be ignored.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by manny4life(m): 3:02pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Nwanne these people are liars and their lies should not be ignored.

Mbanu, their lies cannot be ignored...

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by pekelepekele(m): 3:13pm On Feb 28, 2013
Igbo people are making too much money in LAGOS!!! GOD HELP WE YORUBA PEOPLE OOO CHAI N100BN na only dem dey Lagos state?
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
fact 1. ladipo market is a shiit hole
fact 2. there is no how in hell that only ibo people buy and sell there
fact 3. this is lagos state that we are talking about right?
fact 4. i believe the government should do everything in its power to fix the place
question 1: how on God's green earth can somebody from osun, ogun, ekiti, edo, or even congo claim to have more rights there than somebody from the south east?
question 2: when oshodi market was causing nuisance and stinking to the high heavens, was it equally spare parts people from southeast
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by goldfish80(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28, 2013
sparkleboy: I went to collect two cars from my clearing agent at tin can, we took the cars to fix up some thing at ladipo market,being the first time I went there (feb 12) i was alarmed at the way every john, [/b]joystick[b] and harry , rushed and besieged us demanding for all sorts of payment for bringing in tokunbo cars.. wow. by the time we left there we had paid around 4k for all sorts of illegitimate levy, even police officer collected. so am happy at the decision of lagos state govt. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
On α lighter note,that got ♍e rolling grin...I guess υ meant was John,d!c#k απϑ harry, nairaland απϑ its Censorship can be funny
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aryzgreat: 3:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail: When some people comes up with topic of defecating in bags and under bridges, anyone who live or had lived in lagos knows the set of people who do such acts. I won't argue much about this because everyone who is conversant with lagos knows what every tribe is known for.

my broda, yaribas are known cowards and are using every opportunity that comes dia way to vent their anger on igbos whom they envy a lot. Have been laughing my head off going tru their rants and lamentations, to an average Yoruba, anything possible to chase igbo out of lagos is a fair game but not to worry my ppl aint going no where cos u ppl fought for 1 nigeria. We are here to stay, my advice to any igbo trader is to always think home, if u make ur money in lagos, invest well in the east. Let them keep lammenting. Ndi ara!

What is LASTMA doing with the sanitation levy they collect from ladipo? u employ very lousy ppl who are only interested in collecting levy without doing their job, the same thing they did in our estate, they are meant to be coming every saturdays to cart away our waste but they hardly come, if they do come may be once in a month they come during week days when nobody is at home,, we held meeting and decided not to pay, they took us to court, we won. That made them to wake up to their responsibilities.

I only blame ladipo traders for not shouting on top of their voices when LASTMA ppl didnt do their work. Closing the market not affect the traders alone, all the banks inside that market are affected too, all the iya basira mama put are affected, if u think u are happy that igbos are affectd, better look at the bigger picture, yoruba mechanics that come there for spare parts are also affected.

They should reach a concensus on how to ensure cleanliness going foward.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2013
naptu2:

Does Lawma come into your house to clean it for you, or do you clean your house and give the rubbish to lawma to dispose?

Is lawma responsible for the pipes beside the transformer, or are they responsible for the street traders?
u have time to respond to that dullard, you should have ignored him.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by aryzgreat: 3:24pm On Feb 28, 2013
For those talking about shitting in nylon(Yoruba culture), u hardly see dat in ladipo, when they are pressed they enter any of the numerous banks in the market and ease themselves. This is not an opportunity for u yaribas to transfer ur culture to ladipo traders. my ppl dont trow shot put. we know who's culture it is cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 28, 2013

dude it will be super embarrassing that after speaking all these grammer and spewing hatred on this thread, you and your parents finally are from osun or ondo state and you are here battling for other people's state..... well for your sake i hope this is not true..... easy with the hate bro, high blood pressure is around the corner....... btw is ur other username bluetooth.... just asking

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 3:33pm On Feb 28, 2013
aryzgreat: For those talking about shitting in nylon(Yoruba culture), u hardly see dat in ladipo, when they are pressed they enter any of the numerous banks in the market and ease themselves. This is not an opportunity for u yaribas to transfer ur culture to ladipo traders. my ppl dont trow shot put. we know who's culture it is cheesy cheesy

My brother when you talk about defecating anyhow,any place Yoruba's know no boundary, in fact hardly you see a Yoruba person built a house and remember to attach toilet to it, because they believe open places is enough for offemmanu defecating.

3 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by seanet01: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Fisherman.com:
F those of u claiming u know ladipo 56 percent of dat market ar Yorubas so i dont see y u should be happy for d clossure of market,if not for ur lack of moral education.nonsence
Arrant nonsense
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
Our Yansh: All they care about is‎​ making money, what about the issues that lead to the closure??

Instead of making arrangements to clean up the market, they're talking about their inability to buy gaRri for their family..

angry

God bless u! I mean I wonder what their mentality is? An igbo man could make all the million upon billions but won't have a broom †ơ sweep at home, if u wanna check his wardrobe, u wil b surprise jus 2shirts, a pair of trousers. Then you need †ơ see the sanitary condition of onitsha market Environment... Those guys need steel hands †ơ do the right thing... Jus wen I use †ơ think the Yorubas are †ђξ dirtiest then wen I lived close †ơ an Igbo ♍an...jeez, I knew those two tribes are somfin else.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ichidodo: 3:34pm On Feb 28, 2013
OMG, i don late for this parry?............ THE COWARDLY SHITt_FACES KNOW THEMSELVES. DIRTYY BASTARDS WHETHER THEM LIKE AM OR THEM KNOW LIKE AM THE IGBOS WILL TRADE AND MAKE THEIR MONEY WHEREVER THEY WANT IN LAGOS STATE, WE WILL NEVER BE INTIMIDATED OR CHASED OUT OF LAGOS STATE. FASHOLA CAN COME AND SUCK MY DIICK!!! PIECE OF YERIBA CRAP.

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by 9jaIhail(m): 3:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
ARES:

dude it will be super embarrassing that after speaking all these grammer and spewing hatred on this thread, you and your parents finally are from osun or ondo state and you are here battling for other people's state..... well for your sake i hope this is not true..... easy with the hate bro, high blood pressure is around the corner....... btw is ur other username bluetooth.... just asking

Nooo he is bluehole uncle. Agbaya odua negro.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

I really do not like it when people like you say go back to your village, what the hell does that mean?

Last time I checked this country was called Nigeria not Lagos, or Abia, or Anambra.

Its like Mayor of New-York telling all Texans to go back to their village, damn! its a free country, no one needs visas to cross states in their own country and no one should need permission to reside in a different state in their own country.

Its talk like this that makes one Nigeria almost impossible. Do you really want to have Lagos all to yourself, and become one of the smallest countries in the world?

Bullshiyyt! Numerous times Bloomberg will say e.g "If you wanna bring drugs from Miami or Guns from Atl into NY, do yourself a favor and stay back in ur home town becuase when we get you.....". Or "If you wanna come do bla bla bla in NYC we dont condone this here, stay in your state and do it there". Mayors, Governors etc they give visitors to their jurisdiction warnings --- if you cant abide by it, stay out. Do you know you can get banned from a state,county or town in the United States if they deem you to be a nuisance. And, if they catch you within their boundaries youre going to jail for a long time. I know someone banned from the State of New Jersey, another banned from the city of Chicago. And I also know this girl that is banned from the whole of Quebec. So, bouncing people from areas where theyve shown that theyre up to no good, and of no benefit to the society, in this country, is not alien. Constitutionally shaky? Yes, but authorities know that the Supreme Court hasnt firmly stated that citizens enjoy a right to Intrastate travel so u mess up enough they just tell you "Fu*ck off and please, for your own good, dont come back here".

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 4:43pm On Feb 28, 2013
coogar:

if a texan refuses to obey the laws in new york, he would be sent packing.

Please, tell him again
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Godyke(m): 4:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
The issue here has nothing to do with tribal sentiments or call for an alternative plans for the Igbo traders to relocate to SE where they migrated from. Asking them to relocate to their region will not make any difference, as they will always take their dirty habits with them wherever they go. Take the Onitsha and Aba cities for example. Owerri capital is not left out especially Douglas Rd.

These non challant attitude people should be taught lessons on how to take care of Govt properties and the environment. And this must be done the hard way. This way, and there should be no going back until the right thing is done.......That is enforcing sanity

1 Like

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by occam(m): 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My brother when you talk about defecating anyhow,any place Yoruba's know no boundary, in fact hardly you see a Yoruba person built a house and remember to attach toilet to it, because they believe open places is enough for offemmanu defecating.

You can blow all your tribal bigotry all day long, that market will be closed for the foreseeable future. And when it opens no more spare parts must sold there. Lagos doesn't need that kind of business. Lagos govt should clean up the place and convert it to modern office blocks or ultra modern market. But not a wreckers yard/tokunbo parts market.

Compensate these traders and move them out of the Lagos metropolis. The best and only sensible option
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by geeez: 5:15pm On Feb 28, 2013
So how much taxes do they remit on a N100bn daily turnover?

Even all the banks in Nigeria do not make N100bn daily collectively

If they claim to make that much, then the LASG should ensure their turnovers translates to taxes and I'm in support of the shutting down. Yorubas sold genuine spare parts long before these guys ventured into the business flooding the markets with inferior products and their trading environment was decent.

If those habits are tolerable in their states, they should realize that Lagos and the SW is far more civilized and will NOT tolerate animal behavior

Government should go ahead to demolish the illegal structures and build malls where authentic motor parts will be traded and serviced. It's time to take the business away from these quacks and allow decent and honest people take charge

2 Likes

Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by ichidodo: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2013
EKO O NI BAJE my black igbo as.s.
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by priestcharm(m): 5:27pm On Feb 28, 2013
I think the state government is doing the right thing. What I do not support is simply if the traders were giving notices and warning letters as to the health hazard they are causing before being thrown out of the market. For those who think this is a tribal issue,I feel you're wrong. its not only one tribe that sells in that market. Just a dominant tribe.
Lets wait and see how this whole stuffs will be resolved
Re: Ladipo Traders Claim To Lose N100B Daily by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

@Konmight, is the lady on the white wedding gown your sister? Nothing passon no go see from these clowns. Lineage of cowards.

Lineage of cowards....hahahahaha.....not our fault Bro.....your hero in hell Oju-ikwu taught us the cowardice....I didn't say he fled to Abidjan oooooooo.....hahahahah...Shegey-Chest-Beating-Feofle....Make unna go back to unna erosion-ravaged villages nah.....MUST YOU LIVE IN SOUTH WEST? NA BY FORCE TO LIVE IN YORUBALAND? WHY ARE YOU YEEGBOS AFRAID OF GOING BACK HOME? What are you guys AFRAID of? Kidnappers? Ritualists? Fake drug? hahahahaha PLEASE RELOCATE TO YOU EROSION-RAVAGED DESERTS ASAP....THANKS....Ode Oshi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uwazurike: Nigeria Needs Yahaya Bello (Video) / 2023: Adeleke Pledges To Deliver Osun For Atiku / Edo State: Ijaw In Okomu Kingdom Lament Marginalization By Edo State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.