Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,113 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:47 PM

Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding (1000 Views)

Blackout: Electricity Generation Sinks To 1,580MW / Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Allegations Of “Illegal Diversion” Of Abacha's Loot Baseless – Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Jakumo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 18, 2008
Recent disclosures confirm that former Nigerian President Obasanjo AND his horse-faced, hideously obese daughter, Iyabo Bello BOTH connived with other government officials to steal BILLIONS of US dollars that were ostensibly earmarked to revive Nigeria's non-existent electricity generation capacity.

If current reports are accurate, NOT ONE DIME of that stolen money EVER went to building or refurbishing electricity power plants and transmission infrastructure, with the predictable outcome that Nigeria remains without a functioning mains electrical grid, forcing the entire population to rely on diesel and gasoline generators to produce electrical power for all of life's basic needs.

If the past is anything to go by, chances are that NOTHING will be done to the former president and his bovine offspring. They are highly likely to ride this storm and go scot free to enjoy the money they looted from the treasury. Considering that electrical power is the PRIMARY requisite of civilized life, and that FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, a pair of culprits have been identified as being responsible for the willful and systematic sabotage of efforts to provide Nigeria with electrical power, what do you think should be done to this father and daughter crime wave ?
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by JayFK(m): 6:50pm On Mar 18, 2008
Sources?
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Jakumo(m): 6:58pm On Mar 18, 2008
Several Nigerian newspapers in recent days, notably the Punch. I guess I could dig up a link. This is currently FRONT PAGE NEWS. Punch does have an on-line version. Check for yourself.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by ow11(m): 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2008
@ Jakumo

Please a pix of 'da ugly' together would do more justice to this well writtten piece.

The rule of law is not recognised by leaders in Nigeria. If a bandit like Odili can steal in excess of 50 billion naira ( these sums are outrageous when you think of them) and get a court injunction to stop any investigation into alleged wrongdoings while in office.Hell, his political daddy can also do same. maybe even get the police to arrest anyone trying to call him a thief.

If I had my way, any past ruler found to have stolen money should be stripped naked,beaten publicly and finally stoned to death by the masses.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Jakumo(m): 7:41pm On Mar 18, 2008
I share your sentiments, Night Owl
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Truequest(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2008
What baffles me about the whole revelations is the anti-corruptions propaganda of OBJ administrtion.
Why do we just love to lie and play holier than thou? It is sickening!!!!!!!!!
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by subice(m): 10:02pm On Mar 18, 2008
The most annoying thing is the way all these people recycle themselves within the system and keep bleeding Nigeria dry. Imoke, who was in charge of the ministry where all these things happened, is now a governor, likewise Agagu. Iyabo is now a senator. Obj is still trying to be relevant wherever he goes. All these people should be investigated (like we don't know they're guilty already), prosecuted and put behind bars. I won't hold my breathe though. Agagu and Imoke and now 'immune' from prosecution while Obj continues to insult the intelligence of Nigerians. They'll all get what's coming to them, one way or the other. Until we learn to call a spade a spade, this country would remain the same. PDP is the worst thing that ever happened to this country.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Mamajama(m): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2008
Jakumo if your source is Punch, then you need a good dose of sugar with that story to make it real.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Backslider(m): 8:55am On Mar 19, 2008
with the little accounting I know OBJ would have been caught if he stole money please We are not that unintelligent
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2008
There may be differences between horse faced, ugly Iyabo and fine boys like Jakumo alongside OW11; but unfortunately some dudes in some parts of the world see all of you as the same: monkeys tongue

Go straight and trash the whole case out and not how she looks.

@topic

Most Nigerians, if not all believe OBJ has a hand in all these messes. Unfortunately, he has not been evidently linked to these messes. So until then, we will only keep speculating.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by JayFK(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2008
nuzo:

There may be differences between horse faced, ugly Iyabo and fine boys like Jakumo alongside OW11; but unfortunately some dudes in some parts of the world see all of you as the same: monkeys tongue

Go straight and trash the whole case out and not how she looks.

@topic

Most Nigerians, if not all believe OBJ has a hand in all these messes. Unfortunately, he has not been evidently linked to these messes. So until then, we will only keep speculating.

I think he has been linked
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7304028.stm

someone should give the Idiot lessons on how to effectively launder money.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by ono(m): 4:54pm On Mar 19, 2008
Danjuma said OBJ will be going back to jail very soon. I believe him.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2008
Danjuma should also prepare to share a room with him in Kuje prison. They are all the same.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by ono(m): 5:20pm On Mar 19, 2008
That's rite. Birds of thesame feather. He just celebrated his 70th birthday, and he said he's got notting to lose.
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by SegzyJoe(m): 10:43am On Mar 20, 2008
@ Ono,
Can you tell me a reason why Danjuma should not go to jail with Obj, or is it becos he's latter day convert?
Re: Obasanjo's Diversion Of Nigeria's Electricity Generation Funding by Backslider(m): 3:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7304028.stm

I have read the above there is nothing there please.

(1) (Reply)

Police Beat Journalist To Coma With Horsewhips / Graduates Not Employable? - Yar'adua Said So! / Let's Rebuild Our Middle Class And Stop Blaming Colonialism.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.