Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,040 members, 7,931,576 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 08:47 AM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (50378 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:24pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: ''Electropositivity decreases down d group'' nd also alkaline metals re d most electropositive metals.so at dat,Na wit an electronic conf. of 2,8,1 will b d most electropositive! Af got oda reasons too bruh undecided
ur statement is rong if electropositive decreases down d group then lithium shld be d ans mind u Franciumis the last member in group 1
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Prince adebayo: Eutrophication refers to growth of
(a).Fungi
(b).Bacteria
(c).Algae
(d).Virus
Algae
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:30pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sowie, Francium is d ryt ansa ''electropositivity increases down d group''
Influence01: give your reason
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:33pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: Sowie, Francium is d ryt ansa ''electropositivity increases down d group''
grin
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hw many bones make up d stenebrae nd d manubrium nd where re they located?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by kenshin17(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
why are reptiles slow compared to man,and why are the poikothermic?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Princeadebayo1(m): 11:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
Influence01: Algae
correct!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sir pls,ah cnt comprehend ur question. Slow in wat sense??
kenshin17: why are reptiles slow compared to man,and why are the poikothermic?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
In which organ of d body is 'renin' produced nd wat re its action on d human body system?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
kenshin17: why are reptiles slow compared to man,and why are the poikothermic?
I dnt undastand bt poikothermic means cold blooded which meals their body temperature varies with their environment
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: In which organ of d body is 'renin' produced nd wat re its action on d human body system?
Stomach, it coagulates or curdles milk
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
NB: ah said RENIN nt rennin
Influence01: Stomach, it coagulates or curdles milk
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
Defficiency of thiamin leads to which disease?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
vincent561: NB: ah said RENIN nt rennin
sowi kidney, its has something to do with blood pressure
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote
author=Prince adebayo]Nice one Bro
let me add what you omitted from your answer,just as vascetomy is for
males,tubectomy is for females.
Out of the 3 ear ossicles,dat is,Malleus,incus and stapes OR
Hammer,anvil and stirrup,,,,,,,,stapes/stirrup is d shortest.
And in between the MALLEUS and INCUS we have hinge joint and also in
between INCUS and STAPES we have ball and socket joint. [/quote]

Get to knw this that the word TUBECTOMY does not in a full medical term denote TUBAL OCCLUSION or BILATERAL or UNILATERAL LIGATION........We have several TUBES in our human anatomy at dia various physiology....The word TUBECTOMY is given to history....It is either u use the ones i wrote or a radical or a resection form of SALPINGECTOMY!

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01: The opening and closing of the stoma are regulated by
A.transpiration
B.respiration
C.diffusion
D.osmosis

The interrelation of OSMOSIS and the osmotic condition of TRANSPIRATION STREAM along the vascular bodies makes the closing and opening of the stomas.....But then,OSMOSIS is a major concern!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01: The opening and closing of the stoma are regulated by
A.transpiration
B.respiration
C.diffusion
D.osmosis

The interrelation of OSMOSIS and the osmotic condition of TRANSPIRATION STREAM along the vascular bodies makes the closing and opening of the stomas.....But then,OSMOSIS is a major concern because it promote the turgidit and the flaccidity of the GUARD CELL......

Can i choose

Osmosis?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:02am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

The interrelation of OSMOSIS and the osmotic condition of TRANSPIRATION STREAM along the vascular bodies makes the closing and opening of the stomas.....But then,OSMOSIS is a major concern because it promote the turgidit and the flaccidity of the GUARD CELL......

Can i choose

Osmosis?
Yh
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Yea,u tried
Influence01: sowi kidney, its has something to do with blood pressure
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2014
[quote
author=kenshin17]why are reptiles slow compared to man,and why are the
poikothermic?[/quote]
Reptiles are sluggish in design for some above reasons
1)3 chamber heart and blood circulation not as fast as in human.
2)The seem to loss heat quickly to the environment and by the
environment through behavioural adaptation control their heat loss.The
term POIKILOTHERMIC is out of BIOLOGY term....we specially use
EXOTHERMIC ORGANISMS....U should knw that some reptiles do have
mechanism to control dia internal heat too.If u wake very early in the
morning in a white-sunny day,you will observe that some LIZARD are still
numb,green in dia bed,eventhough u kicked at dem,they wont wake..not
that dey are dead....dey ar not..they ar trying to keep energy to by
shutting down most working heat-related mechanism....At the end.......

They come out for BASKING!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:14am On Jan 07, 2014
Nice one sir,bh i stl dnt think d question was asked in d ryt way.
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Reptiles are sluggish in design for some above reasons
1)3 chamber heart and blood circulation not as fast as in human.
2)The seem to loss heat quickly to the environment and by the
environment through behavioural adaptation control their heat loss.The
term POIKILOTHERMIC is out of BIOLOGY term....we specially use
ECTOTHERMAL ORGANISMS....U should knw that some reptiles do have
mechanism to control dia internal heat too.If u wake very early in the morning in a white-sunny day,you will observe that some LIZARD are still numb,green in dia bed,eventhough u kicked at dem,they wont wake..not that dey are dead....dey ar not..they ar trying to keep energy to by shutting down most working heat-related mechanism....At the end.......

They come out for BASKING!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:15am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: Defficiency of thiamin leads do which disease?

They are
1)Nervous problem
2)WERNICKE'S ENCELOPATHY(in some children..but rare)
3)Stunted growth
4)BERI-BERI
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:19am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: Nice one sir,bh i stl dnt think d question was asked in d ryt way.

The question is alright....just that....There is something PHILOSOPHICAL about the question.....let alone in the yard of PHILOSOPHY.......

I would have dealt with that question in a different ANGLE!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

The question is alright....just that....There is something PHILOSOPHICAL about the question.....let alone in the yard of PHILOSOPHY.......

I would have dealt with that question in a different ANGLE!
are u an aspirant
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:25am On Jan 07, 2014
Differentiate btw condensation polymers nd addition polymers
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:27am On Jan 07, 2014
I dnt think so. He's already n d field.
Influence01: are u an aspirant
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:32am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: Differentiate btw condensation polymers nd addition polymers
condensation polymerization involve d removal of a compound eg Water, ammonia when monomers combine 2gether 2 form a polymer while addition polymerization dere is no elimination of any substance
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by vincent561(m): 12:34am On Jan 07, 2014
Gud
Influence01:
condensation polymerization involve d removal of a compound eg Water, ammonia when monomers combine 2gether 2 form a polymer while addition polymerization dere is no elimination of any substance
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:35am On Jan 07, 2014
vincent561: I dnt think so. He's already n d field.

Why do you think am in?

Don't believe you can go deep than me?

Come on!....em lyk yah!
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Influence01: 12:38am On Jan 07, 2014
Dr. Laz'Devitan:

Why do you think am in?

Don't believe you can go deep than me?

Come on!....em lyk yah!
meaning u re still an aspirant
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2014
[quote
author=Influence01]
condensation polymerization involve d removal of a compound eg Water,
ammonia when monomers combine 2gether 2 form a polymer while addition
polymerization dere is no elimination of any substance[/quote]

In addition to that POLYMERISATION POLYMERS are often formed by similar monomers....but in CONDENSATION POLYMERS.....the monomer's are not similar although as in the usually heteromonomers.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by DrLazDevitan: 12:42am On Jan 07, 2014
Influence01:
meaning u re still an aspirant
Am not open to such question....am sorry ..sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. / UK University Goes On Strike - Nigerian Student Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.