Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,093 members, 7,973,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (30776 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Some Names That Rattles PDP Both Online And Offline. Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
It will be interesting to see how the APC will spin Babangida's membership of their party, as a good thing to the 'true' progressives.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
all4naija: He is not need. It is like of you as a citizen that keeps this country from moving forward. You keep believing we can not do anything without these thieves. We are told the youths are the future of any nation. Jeez!

I don't have time for people like you long on sentiment yet extremely poor on comprehension. If you think I am praising the likes of IBB or advocating they endure, then you must simply not get it that I have always implied that the IBB's linger because people like you and all the impotent loud-mouths here are a disgrace to what youths are worldwide. Let me tell you this for free. If 10% of Nigerian youths were like me, Babangida will be spending his time walking his grand kids to school in Hampstead, London. I recognise what Babangida is and more importantly, I recognise what empty barrel "youths" like you are about i.e empty noise-making yet you will p1ss yourself if face to face with IBB.

Your impotence is the reason many geriatrics are still dominant in Nigerian politics. One would at least expect you to honestly accept that instead of continuously regurgitating the vacuously braggart notion you and other Nigerian youths even have the skills or determination to control your destiny

Quit this mythical "youth will take over" BS you Nigerians talk about but never display the balls to actualise. The sad truth is that Nigerian youths remain childish, overly deferential to elders, lackadaisically unquestioning of authority and unaware of their own powerful/pivotal position in society. Only a fool will join such a 'handicapped' model of youth to fight a serious battle.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by takedat(m): 11:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
gratiaeo:
Nigeria as of today has no alternative to GEJ. just my opinion! You are entitle to your opinion
APC is a composition of old cargos
Its wrong of you to say Nigerians do not have an alternative to GEJ, in a country where we have men of flawless vision, proven leadership skills and immaculate characters. If our only option is to vote for a corrupt man of dishonourable character and putrified integrity, not only are we doomed as a nation, it also shows the folly of 170million men and women!

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by amtheone(m): 11:33pm On Mar 02, 2013
Tigerhead: @gbawe

It would be good if the fantasies that you opposition types had was real. I would like PDP to sit up and do better, but the truth is nothing we hear is due to the opposition at least not the ACN led opposition, it is PDP attending to long needed in house cleaning. This cleaning will go on for awhile longer and may in fact get messier, but PDP will emerge leaner and much more focused and dangerous. There is no danger of the new yet to be merged party winning in 2015, you guys can only win on Nairaland and other places where your voters are called names like "Garri".

Tigerhead, there is no point dragging this matter further. APC may not bring all the needed solutions that Nigerians are asking for. But we need a change in politics. You as an individual may not believe in any other elements but there must be a change in policy making.

I am aware that it is almost impossible for individuals who have benefited immensely from this PDP system of power to accept the fact that Nigerians are not satisfied with their system of administration.

You made mention of PDP sitting up. Well, that statement sounds more like a pile in the wind. You need to understand the structure of PDP and what it stands for: self glorification.

Again, I may not completely blame PDP, I blame Nigerians for allowing PDP remained this long in power even when there is no track record of good performance.

You have to  beyond a particular political party because the main essence of any party is to deliver on its promises and also adhere strictly to the elements that hold its existence which is service delivery.

To this end, PDP should honourably follow the exit way or emergency exit.

U can only govern/lead when u are given the mandate. I rest my case
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by skyfall: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Validated: Is IBB a Progressive? I think some of us are confused.

No doubt YOU are confused. Go back and read all the comments and realize that APC was not mentioned in his interview. Also read his previous statement on the merger and understand what he said about the opposition coming together.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
gowaga68:
Just as PDP is unhappy losing him, abeg where you keep ya mind sef? PDP= people decieving People so where do you think oga of PDP should be and what do you think would happen if such a figure leaves them?

What nonsense are you typing? On one hand you say PDP is people deceiving people and on the other hadn, you are celebrating "their oga" coming to oin your party. Is PDP the name or the people in it? You people have no shame at all! You are all making fools of yourselves in public.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

I don't have time for people like you long on sentiment yet extremely poor on comprehension. If you think I am praising the likes of IBB or advocating they endure, then you are a crass fool who does not comprehend I have always implied that the IBB's linger because people like you and all the impotent loud-mouths here are a disgrace to what youths are worldwide. Let me tell you this for free. In 10% of Nigerian youths were like me, Babangida will be spending his time walking his grand kids to school in Hampstead, London. I recognise what Babangida is and more importantly, I recognise what empty barrel "youths" like you are about i.e empty noise-making yet you will p1ss yourself if face to face with IBB.

Quit this mythical "youth will take over" BS you Nigerians talk about but never display the balls to actualise. The sad truth is that Nigerian youths remain childish, overly deferential to elders, lackadaisically unquestioning of authority and unaware of their own powerful/pivotal position in society. Only a fool will join such a 'handicapped' model of youth to fight a serious battle.
Did I insult you in any way? I don't think so. You are the one with poor comprehension here. Indeed, I just explained further your statement about the man called IBB. I can't see where the long sentiment is coming from you are squarely alluding to here.

My take on the matter from your comment is to point you to the reason why he is not useful, although, you think there is something still useful about him. Please, stop taking the matter out of context .

I am not saying youths should take over. I am saying youths should take their rightful places and fight for their rights. Another thing, these corrupt leaders aren't needed for that to be successful. You see. You misunderstood me there.

Thank you.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by TeaParty: 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Yesterday they were ACN attackdogs, today they are APC attack dogs, tomorrow they might become PHENSIC Attack Dogs. Steer clear of regional warriors who change names at will for their selfish aim. I cant believe IBB, the man who annulled June 12 is now a hero to these AC/ACN/APC/PHENSIC-TO-BECOME attack dogs.

You forgot to include "AD"?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by luluosas(m): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I am surprise that IBB is very popular amongst the underdogs, This is a Military Dictator who annulled June 12, killed MKO Abiola, and set this country backwards. This IBB should have been shamefully sacked from PDP and publicly executed if not for respect we have on past Presidents. In his very careful and maradonic move, he uttered an inconclusive statement and the APC (should I say Chloroquin) parasites are scrambling for wants of words. Is IBB relevant in today's Nigeria ? The answer is No, IBB is the reason we are in darkness. It takes a GEJ to refocus our steps.
You want to tell me you don't know how IBB is regarded as a father within the PDP circle? Go and ask President Goodluck Jonathan
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by boyt1: 11:37pm On Mar 02, 2013
APC; THE RECIRCULATGION Process OF FAILED DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM. Emergence of the same people from PDP-TO APC and from APC TO PDP with 'godfatherism' in politics i do not see any sollution now.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
gramci:

Don't worry, they will be baptised into new creature.
Lolz..... Teaching an old dog a new style
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by PallyG(m): 11:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
APC ENDORSED BY IBB....i dey laugh !!!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: Its wrong of you to say Nigerians do not have an alternative to GEJ, in a country where we have men of flawless vision, proven leadership skills and immaculate character. If our only option is to vote for a corrupt man of dishonourable character and putrified integrity, not only are we doomed as a nation, it also shows the folly of 170million men and women!
Did you read my post at all? Or am i not entitle to my opinion anymore.......? You should have just name your alternative
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
amtheone:

I am aware that it is almost impossible for individuals who have benefited immensely from this PDP system of power to accept the fact that Nigerians are not satisfied with their system of administration.

You mean like the way Tinubu benefitted when he visited Aso Villa 3 days to the last presidential election to collect egunje or the way Tinubu and Fashola were scrambling to buy the Eko and Ikeja power DISCOs? Or the way Tinubu through his brother proxy has been eating fuel subsidy money? It is amazing how you think it is this innocent poster that is benefitting from PDP!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by takedat(m): 11:47pm On Mar 02, 2013
gratiaeo:
Did you read my post at all? Or am i not entitle to my opinion anymore.......? You should have just name your alternative
I welcome the freedom of opinion, so yours count and my reply to you counts as well!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by luluosas(m): 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
Neo-XVI:
With all these news of people decamping en-masse from PDP to APC, the question on my mind is, if APC becomes the new tent for all these criminals and mediocre leaders, then what's the guarantee that it will do any better than the current PDP leadership. A party is only as good as it's members. True, APC should seek to widen it's tent, but it should not be done at the expense of credibility. All of PDP members should be barred from joining except they have some credible record. No point having another mega party full of charlatans.
You may have raised a salient point but, looking at the way Nigerians still accept PDP in spite of their way they've been robbing Nigeria leaves much to be desired. Therefore, if you have never spoken against PDP in the past, don't condemn APC from the beginning.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by jadakiss213(m): 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
the long and short of all these in my opinion is if we have to vote just to oust PDP,and vote in d new 'mega' party just because its APC,then we are just moving in a circus.What does APC have to offer apart from just being 'APC'?

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 11:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
all4naija: Did I insult you in any way? I don't think so. You are the one with poor comprehension here. Indeed, I just explained further your statement about the man called IBB. I can't see where the long sentiment is coming from you are squarely alluding to here.

My take on the matter from your comment is to point you to the reason why he is not useful, although, you think there is something still useful about him. Please, stop taking the matter out of context .

I am not saying youths should take over. I am saying youths should take their rightful places and fight for their rights. Another thing, these corrupt leaders aren't needed for that to be successful. You see. You misunderstood me there.

Thank you.

Please stop playing victim. If you understand what I have said it would be clear what you write below is indeed an insult. I am the last person to respect the IBB's of the world or desire their continuous relevance in Nigerian politics. That does not mean I fail to recognise why they are still relevant and why the pragmatic person must work with reality.

I just accept I don't have an ally in you and other Nigerian youths because you are all mainly shallow, unprincipled when it really matters, unwilling to stay the course and vacuously noisy. You will be the last to fight for what you believe in and will be the easiest to compromise. Why should I then take you seriously when you talk loudly about "youths taking over" when your real character and the situation on the ground show that this is only hollow noise? Why not, if I want Nigeria to move forward, do it as a voter empowering the lesser devil or via getting involved like the Fayemis, Rochas, Ribadus et al? The last thing I will do , as a realistic person, is engage in the deluded fantasy that the Nigerian youths will depose the IBB's of the world. I would rather put my efforts towards supporting the Ribadus and FAsholas to do it or getting involved myself. Those are the only options I deem viable.

It is like of you as a citizen that keeps this country from moving forward. You keep believing we can not do anything without these thieves
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by emiye(m): 11:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
byrron: I can see how nihilistic u r by nature?
So am I suppose to insult u back just because I raised an observation and mentioned what I will like the legislature to do in the future so that some of us can have an option of making a choice without making do with what is obtainable at the moment which still solves no problem?
Well my conversation was with a much more rational mind the OP, he understood my point and I also appreciated his views as well and if u were that intelligent u wld have added value to the conversation by atleast making a sensible contribution and not attacking my person for expressing a view which differs from urs.
Well, I won't dignify u by been insultive- I ve outgrown that puberty stage ok.
Its not mandatory that I must support pdp or apc which I know u are a fan of any of these parties but u should also know that I am entitled to my opinion and choice and I chose non of them.
I rather vote a cridible individual who is on the minority and wldnt win than joining the bandwagon effect like u.

Word of advice for u, calling people names because there opinion differs from urs is a sign of weakness and it potrays u as some1 that is mentally lazy and so unfit and proper to engage in any form of mental excercise.
Address d issue and leave the personality cos its a sign of dumbness and I give u d benefit of doubt that u can do better than that.

I still hope that one day, we will have independent candidature ennacted in our electoral laws and if such view makes me a clown according to u then I will gladly be proud to be called a clown forever for that is my wish.
If u have a problem with that, pls don't hug a transformer as some might wish u but I plead that u just respect it as my views rather than calling me names- its so petty and realy childish.
Cheers

Take it easy man, i love sensible debates, and did not call you a clown, even though you sound as one.

How many years from now, do you believe an independent presidential candidate will garner enough votes from Nigerian electorates to win an election? 50years? , 100years?

You must learn to separate your fantasies and idealism from the real world

Else, you might be seen as a clown.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by takedat(m): 11:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
thelastPope:

You mean like the way Tinubu benefitted when he visited Aso Villa 3 days to the last presidential election to collect egunje or the way Tinubu and Fashola were scrambling to buy the Eko and Ikeja power DISCOs? Or the way Tinubu through his brother proxy has been eating fuel subsidy money? It is amazing how you think it is this innocent poster that is benefitting from PDP!
So you do agree that GEJ is profligate and corrupt, spreading around public funds to pacify, would be election spoilers! Can't wait to see the drain on public funds, ahead of the 2015 election! The bankruptcy of the nation's wealth lies ahead!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by skyfall: 11:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
@Gbawe

While i understand your logic, i think that trying to sell IBB is taking it a bit too far. If he somehow works against the PDP behind the scenes, maybe. But IBB's open declaration for APC will wash away the credibility it's got so far and the easy acceptance it has gained from Nigerians. I can't imagine an IBB standing with and campaigning for a future presidential candidate. That will be easy cannon for PDP against the APC. As we said earlier, if IBB leaves the PDP and stands on his own or retires from politics, it'a huge minus for PDP and a plus for APC. But if he leaves and joins the APC, it WILL definitely backfire. APC does not need IBB.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by amtheone(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2013
thelastPope:

Lastpope, maybe u need to read my post one more time. I am not against all party. I am against a dump and deaf party. It does me no good to continually support PDP who has failed(not al will accept this) to deliver. Never forget this: Its not about a whole in the sum, but a sum in the whole.

Carefully read my post once more.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by abuda(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2013
[b][/b]come 2015, this country will celebrate the emergence of a new leader not a ruler. Some think its not possible, but nothing is impossible. Even if it means Nigeria copying the ivorian style of the defeat suffered by Gbagbo from Ouattaara, we'll still make that move.

Enough is actually Enough!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by jadakiss213(m): 12:05am On Mar 03, 2013
omenka:

And thesame 'criminal' has been in the PDP since God-knows-when! What does that say of PDP??
I thought APC was about change from the 'evil' past.If APC is happy it got an endorsement from a 'criminal' like IBB,then this alignment of strange bedfellows with the SOLE aim of ousting the PDP is nothing but a FRAUD.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 12:09am On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2013
byrron: I honestly do appreciate ur matured and candid response and ur views as well.
I am a big fan of independent candidate and seriously hope that the national assembly should delibrate on that and pass it as a law.

That is why I mentioned the 40 years proviso. An independent candidate can simply not win at the centre because of the funding and grassroot backing required. The problem with Nigerian politics is that majority of movers and shakers will only assist you for what they wish to gain in return for help offered.

We are not the stage where other Countries have reached, and take for granted, whereby nationalism and genuine altruism can see a very good candidate gaining immense support and backing.

Were Utomi and Gani Fawehinmi not effectively independent candidates? How well did they fare? My brother, we have no choice ,as adults, but to adopt pragmatism in our outlook. I used to be idealistic but I realised that I had no right dreaming of utopia without accepting that political dreams only come true if people understand the need to embrace what is practical and achievable in a graduated process.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 12:11am On Mar 03, 2013
jadakiss213: the long and short of all these in my opinion is if we have to vote just to oust PDP,and vote in d new 'mega' party just because its APC,then we are just moving in a circus.What does APC have to offer apart from just being 'APC'?

This is the million dollar question! What does APC have to offer? Is it just a new name but same old criminals.

I said it when they announced the merger that I fully support a merger as it can only strengthen out democracy but I am quite disappointed at the way they are going. The problem is that they have built their political capital and image mainly around anti-corruption. Now the problem with that is, you have to by your actions match that picture but they are messing things up big time. First, they make Ikimi their spokes person. Then its goof after goof and now, they are celebrating IBB.

The really sad part is that IBB is even a spent force. Also, the only way IBB will commit his political capital is if he is going to run for presidency. GEJ defeated the combo of IBB, Atiku, Saraki and Gusau in the 2010 PDP primaries. IBB is nothing in PDP!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Please stop playing victim. If you understand what I have said it would be clear what you write below is indeed an insult. I am the last person to respect the IBB's of the world or desire their continuous relevance in Nigerian politics. That does not mean I fail to recognise why they are still relevant and why the pragmatic person must work with reality.

I just accept I don't have an ally in you and other Nigerian youths because you are all mainly shallow, unprincipled when it really matters, unwilling to stay the course and vacuously noisy. You will be the last to fight for what you believe in and will be the easiest to compromise. Why should I then take you seriously when you talk loudly about "youths taking over" when your real character and the situation on the ground show that this is only hollow noise? Why not, if I want Nigeria to move forward, do it as a voter empowering the lesser devil or via getting involved like the Fayemis, Rochas, Ribadus et al? The last thing I will do , as a realistic person, is engage in the deluded fantasy that the Nigerian youths will depose the IBB's of the world. I would rather put my efforts towards supporting the Ribadus and FAsholas to do it or getting involved myself. Those are the only options I deem viable.

Hahaha... Seriously, if you think that is an insult it means you take offence in trivialities. I doubt you are really on about the idea of moving the country forward.

My little understanding of the situation in Nigeria and the consequences it poses to average Nigerians on the street is painstakingly telling of a story of paupers. People who were reduced to nothing by the absent mindedness of individuals like IBB. It is sickening minding to hear about somebody like that who have systematically destroyed the progress of that country with the host of others of his looting compatriots trying to commend the leading actions of opposition party.

Oh! Please, You don't know anything about me. Fight is not all about taking to the streets in angry mind. Indeed, I am fighting everyday in disseminating information around the world about this country in the best I can. People need to be educated to fight for their rights. The fight is about rights. You are still not in line with what this fighting is for and how to go about it.

Your analogy of empowering lesser devil and the one you are trying to exonerate in the light of comparison speaks of your traitor-like stance. It won't help you. There is every reason to say that you are not in any way going to help in building this nation if you keep thinking the past looter, as in the case of IBB, is still there to liberate the country from failures he contributed evil to is your pipe-dream and not good for the future of the country. I don't really find that your item B statement encouraging out all. I can clearly say,you are not a citizen with ambitions about the progress of this country.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 12:13am On Mar 03, 2013
IBB joining APC (Association Of Polluted Criminals); a PDP strategy to destroy APC (Association Of Polluted Criminals) from onset
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 12:18am On Mar 03, 2013
skyfall: @Gbawe

While i understand your logic, i think that trying to sell IBB is taking it a bit too far. If he somehow works against the PDP behind the scenes, maybe. But IBB's open declaration for APC will wash away the credibility it's got so far and the easy acceptance it has gained from Nigerians. I can't imagine an IBB standing with and campaigning for a future presidential candidate. That will be easy cannon for PDP against the APC. As we said earlier, if IBB leaves the PDP and stands on his own or retires from politics, it'a huge minus for PDP and a plus for APC. But if he leaves and joins the APC, it WILL definitely backfire. APC does not need IBB.

I am not trying to "sell" the man . I despise him immensely. My point is that politicians will be politicians. If he can contribute something deemed positive then it won't be rejected by the APC because everything is about the sum total. Ask some of those who followed the 2011 elections on this forum and you will realise there was a stage Ribadu even openly agitated over why IBB,Ciroma, Atiku et al could not endorse him or Buhari if they kept insisting GEJ was a poor candidate likely to take the country backwards. A good politician will look at what others have to say and can contribute. Tinubu, for example, will not be where he is today but for this concept. We can all be as emotional as we want but politicians remain about personal interest and doing what is best to secure that. Obviously they will be careful not to court infamy openly but, as I said earlier, the APC is simply not ready to depose the PDP if it cannot pragmatically use every tool to get what it wants.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/apc-wont-discriminate-says-tinubu-after-talks-with-buhari/

APC won’t discriminate, says Tinubu after talks with Buhari
Posted by: Tony Akowe, Kaduna and Gbenga Omokhunu, Abuja on February 27, 2013 in Featured, News 58 Comments

The All Progressives Congress (APC) is open to all progressive-minded people who are interested in turning Nigeria’s fortune around, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) National Leader Asiwaju Bola Tinubu said yesterday.
According to him, the newly formed party will not discriminate in its membership drive.
The former Lagos governor spoke in Kaduna after a meeting with former Head of State Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.
Gen. Buhari, the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) leader and Tinubu are driving the merger of political parties that have formed the APC.
Also yesterday, the leader of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) merger committee, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau, said four more political parties were interested in joining the APC.
Tinubu said all those who are genuinely interested in Nigeria’s progress and want to join the APC would be welcomed on board.
He said that even if PDP National Chairman Bamanga Tukur wanted to join the APC, he would be welcomed.
The former governor, responding to a question on whether the APC was wooing some PDP governors, said: “If that is a strategy on our part, should I tell you?
“The facts remain that we must talk to everybody and must woo them. If Bamanga Tukur is interested, we will invite him and talk to him. The APC is a party to stay with, work with and to share the vision of eliminating corruption, ineptitude in governance and lack of employment for our people.

“If you are threatened by lack of security, enter an APC, if you have persistent headache, use APC”.
He added: “I am here just to consult with Gen. Buhari on the new party that has come to be and look at the various other options for a one-man-one-vote in the country.
“The merger will definitely work out this time around. I have been very consistent in saying that it is only through a strong determination and commitment and the sacrifice of the people that we will succeed.
“It is not only about us as individuals. There are lots of speculations going on this time around and they have even chosen our presidential candidate for us and all of that.
“It was a banner headline in Nigeria Tribune. Let me say that it is the story of people who are already afraid and scared of the unity of purpose that is coming up in the country. In essence, we are all committed to democratic principles and values for this country and to rescue the nation.
“To do that, we must be a united body and ready to rescue the nation with one mission, vision and one single commitment to alleviate the problems of the masses. It is not about individual; it is not about Gen. Buhari.
“If he wants money from the government, he will always get it. But he stands for the truth and the cause of the masses and the redemption of our democratic values, justice and progress.
“These are the things that we need to harness the opportunity that is here in this country to get it moving and moving forward, but not in the manner it has been going for the past 16 years.”
National Chairman of ANPP Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu said the APC would clearly show that there is a difference between the ruling party and the progressive coalition party.
“When the 2015 contest comes in, it will be between the conservatives and the progressives and when the people make their views known, it will be clear which of the two they prefer,” he said.
He said the ANPP was committed to ensuring that all major opposition parties work together.
Onu assured Nigerians that once the APC is registered, the party would not disappoint them, adding that it will protect the interest of the ordinary man.
“We will put the interest of ordinary Nigerians in the affairs of governance,” he said, because this is what has been causing problems in the country’s governance.
Shekarau, who presented the progress report, explained that the ANPP committee was set up on October 6 to carry out the assignment of ensuring the rebuilding of the party structure at the state and local council offices.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by econome(m): 12:23am On Mar 03, 2013
Nollywood vs Nigerian Politics, who produce better drama?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by thelastPope(m): 12:24am On Mar 03, 2013
take dat: So you do agree that GEJ is profligate and corrupt, spreading around public funds to pacify, would be election spoilers! Can't wait to see the drain on public funds, ahead of the 2015 election! The bankruptcy of the nation's wealth lies ahead!

How much did Obama spend in the last election again? Please remind me? Elections are not cheap my friend! What do you think Oshiomole did with the 900 million he got from Dangote? You think he used it to develop ideologies? Your argument is diversionary. Nobody ever said GEJ is a saint! It is ACN/CPC that posture as saints when they are not. Nigeria will not go broke because of an election. That is just tabloid talk. I do want APC to succeed but make no mistake that the search light will be beamed on them just like any other party out there and unfortunately, there seems to be a greater expection of purity from them. That's a huge problem especially after reading a thread like this one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Some Revealing Pictures In OPC Rally In Lagos / Fashola Inspects Helicopters Used In Tracing Fault At 330KV Ikeja Transmission / 11 Reasons Why Nyesom Wike Should Not Be Sworn In - Joe Igbokwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.