Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,636 members, 7,921,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:43 AM

What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? (6897 Views)

Why Keep A Girlfriend And Don't Spend On Her? / Guys: What Is The Highest Amount You Would Spend On A First Date? / Warning Signs That Your Girl Doesn't Love You Anymore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:02pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

To each his own. But, women like you are the first ones to envy women who get nice/expensive gifts from their husbands. I'm simply being honest by saying I want a beautiful ring. I'm not an hypocrite.

Common sense tells us A ring does not need to be expensive to be beautiful. 3 months salary is old school now! Buy within your budget, there will be plenty expenses come later to which that money could be better used on. Even using it towards/for a business makes way more sense.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
adconline:

Some women don't get it that real work is in making marriage work. Do u have an idea of how much it costs to buy formula or day care? Have u thought about how much $$ you would be bringing in to the marriage? Any thought of investing $15k into college funds for the kids? How about buying a home where the ring is going to be safely kept?

Now this is common sense talk!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2013
oyinbogirl:

Common sense tells us A ring does not need to be expensive to be beautiful. 3 months salary is old school now! Buy within your budget, there will be plenty expenses come later to which that money could be better used on. Even using it towards/for a business makes way more sense.

By their words you shall know them.Baby you're an asset.I don't mind buying diamond ring for this kinda girl because I know I will recover it with her help.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by gwas(m): 3:23pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib: As I mentioned above, in most cases the woman's ring should amount to 3 months worth of salary. I don't see an issue with a man saving up 3 months salary to buy the love of his life a beautiful ring. At the end of the day, these are the moments we will cherish and remember. It's all part of ROMANCE.
You dey craze! Why you no kuku say make we use our life savings to buy engagement ring? Rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
oyinbogirl:

As I emntioned earlier -- if the man can't afford it -- that's totally understandable.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 3:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

The man's ring doesn't need to extravagant. The man can spend $1, 000 on his ring if he wishes. BTW, for all the village people commenting, normally the engagement ring is MORE expansive than the wedding ring. That is tradition. The wedding ring is just a regular wedding band.

Whose tradition? I guess it's western tradition, fine! But it's the bride family that pays for the wedding, so a guy spending much on the engagement ring is not a big deal. Is your family paying for the wedding? Since you are highly sophisticated and exposed, how much cash are you bringing to this union.. $30k , $50k, $100k?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by shakara4u(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2013
oyinbogirl:

gbam!!!!

a trip to the bahamas or even SA is better than a diamond engagement ring

i got mine for 45K...but now i feel waz too much sef

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
shakara4u:

gbam!!!!

a trip to the bahamas or even SA is better than a diamond engagement ring

i got mine for 45K...but now i feel waz too much sef

Well that's you. To each his own. A trip to SA or the Bahamas will last 5-7 days. I rather spend more on something I will wear for the rest of my life. It's the same as people who spend 24, 000 on a purse. If they can afford it, why not? If you can't afford it -- that's also understandable.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2013
adconline:

Whose tradition? I guess it's western tradition, fine! But it's the bride family that pays for the wedding, so a guy spending much on the engagement ring is not a big deal. Is your family paying for the wedding? Since you are highly sophisticated and exposed, how much cash are you bringing to this union.. $30k , $50k, $100k?

I am a very hard working and educated women. Wanting an expensive ring has NOTHING to do with my worth ethic or my capacity to lead a household. :-)
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by shevon: 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib: A Colleague and I were discussing this topic & she said that normally an engagement ring should amount up to 3 months worth of salary. So if the man makes $5, 000/month, it should be $15, 000. I agree with her, after all it's a ring a woman wears for the REST of her life. It has to be a ring she loves. Men these days are just too cheap. Whatever happened to the real men who take pride in making sure their women are always well taken care of. Anyways, my engagement ring must be bought from Tiffany & Co and it can't be less than $15, 000. Know your worth ladies.

I think I know what happened to the "men who take pride in making sure their women are always taken care of": They went in search of better jobs and since their women are not patient enough, they walked away.
I am very happy with my wife right now and our engagement ring cost me N75,000.00 (less than $500.00), which I had to bear even when I didn't have a job. Like say she dey wait for N1.5m engagement ring, she for still dey her papa house. Anyways, I got a better job (twice as much as I was earning when I was with IBPLC) the day after our wedding and we are happy.
So you ladies should be contented with what you have rather than chase shadows, you never can tell what tomorrow might bring.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
shevon:

I think I know what happened to the "men who take pride in making sure their women are always taken care of": They went in search of better jobs and since their women are not patient enough, they walked away.
I am very happy with my wife right now and our engagement ring cost me N75,000.00 (less than $500.00), which I had to bear even when I didn't have a job. Like say she dey wait for N1.5m engagement ring, she for still dey her papa house. Anyways, I got a better job (twice as much as I was earning when I was with IBPLC) the day after our wedding and we are happy.
So you ladies should be contented with what you have rather than chase shadows, you never can tell what tomorrow might bring.

There's nothing wrong with that. You did good. But, for me that wouldn't work. Everyone is different.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Gold digger.

God help you when you get married and your husband loses his position financially and can no longer give you extravagent things.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by adconline(m): 4:28pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

I am a very hard working and educated women. Wanting an expensive ring has NOTHING to do with my worth ethic or my capacity to lead a household. :-)
You still have not answered the question. How much are u bringing in? It's not about being hard working or educated, but how much have you saved up for this expensive journey you would like to take? Are u going to pay for the wedding?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by DnigerianPrince: 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
@op

3 months savings? When did an engagement ring became tithes that you now place certain percentage on it?

Have you wondered why you're still single? It's not rocket science, you're placing too much emphasis on material things.

There's a friend of his who will do anything to have him for a $100 ring or none while you're there waiting for $15k.

Dey there grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Carius(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
Any man that saves 3 months salary to buy engagement ring is an****.well sha,i thank God for naija gals.i know that no naija gal would encourage her man to save 3 months salary to buy her a ring.when they love u they would never want u to spend beyond ur means,especially when marriage is in view.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Boss13: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

3 months salary for the woman you love is a piece of cake. That's how I see it.

This is so selfish. Would you do the same?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Boss13: 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

As I emntioned earlier -- if the man can't afford it -- that's totally understandable.

No you said save for it. When a man saves for something , he cannot afford it. And you said 3 month salary.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by micheall36: 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
I pity any dude thats gonna marry u gurl, Real sucker for a wife thats what u are, dahm!!!....have read all ur comments and how u jump on any one who go against ur wish, ur even saying you dont mind if the guy wear a 1k ring as long as yours is expensive, can u see how selfish ur dahm asss is?..... i pray ur bf read this and give u a big boot!!!!......

i bought a $3k usd ring for my fiancee, and am about to propose in few month,i only bought that cause she is classy and love her thing to be diffrent,
Am self employed and pay ma self salary,WHICH IS WHY I AM ABLE TO AFFORD THIS RING, However am gonna make sure she promise me in future that out unborn son gonna propose to his girl with this same ring ( so that she gonna keep it safe, $3,000 USD is 450,000 naira, no be mai mai) How much ring did ur papa propose to ur mama with that u gonna be looking for $20,000 ring.

u no well. Men are in trouble!!!! Girl like u only look for such expensive ring so as to grab enough dollar or see what u can sale when u call of the marriage or watever. Am feeling so so pissed off with ur kana mentality.

20k ring ma azzz!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Kirinwa: 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Boss13:

No you said save for it. When a man saves for something , he cannot afford it. And you said 3 month salary.

Are you a lawyer? cheesy
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Gold digger.

God help you when you get married and your husband loses his position financially and can no longer give you extravagent things.

WOW. Wanting nice things makes me a gold digger? WOW! What makes you think I will rely on my husband to buy me nice things? we are discussing engagement rings ONLY! Please learn how to READ!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
adconline:
You still have not answered the question. How much are u bringing in? It's not about being hard working or educated, but how much have you saved up for this expensive journey you would like to take? Are u going to pay for the wedding?

Both my husband and I are going to be financing our wedding. I didn't say I wanted an expensive wedding. I want a nice intimate meaningful wedding ceremony. I just want a gorgeous engagement ring. Is that too much to ask for?
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
DnigerianPrince: @op

3 months savings? When did an engagement ring became tithes that you now place certain percentage on it?

Have you wondered why you're still single? It's not rocket science, you're placing too much emphasis on material things.

There's a friend of his who will do anything to have him for a $100 ring or none while you're there waiting for $15k.

Dey there grin

You see? Making assumptions is not good. What makes you believe I am single?

BTW, some people are single by choice. Don't assume. :-)
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 5:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
micheall36: I pity any dude thats gonna marry u gurl, Real sucker for a wife thats what u are, dahm!!!....have read all ur comments and how u jump on any one who go against ur wish, ur even saying you dont mind if the guy wear a 1k ring as long as yours is expensive, can u see how selfish ur dahm asss is?..... i pray ur bf read this and give u a big boot!!!!......

i bought a $3k usd ring for my fiancee, and am about to propose in few month,i only bought that cause she is classy and love her thing to be diffrent,
Am self employed and pay ma self salary,WHICH IS WHY I AM ABLE TO AFFORD THIS RING, However am gonna make sure she promise me in future that out unborn son gonna propose to his girl with this same ring ( so that she gonna keep it safe, $3,000 USD is 450,000 naira, no be mai mai) How much ring did ur papa propose to ur mama with that u gonna be looking for $20,000 ring.

I would go above and beyond for my man. I would give him the world. I am not afraid to spend money on my man. I am not selfish, I would do the same for him, even more.

u no well. Men are in trouble!!!! Girl like u only look for such expensive ring so as to grab enough dollar or see what u can sale when u call of the marriage or watever. Am feeling so so pissed off with ur kana mentality.

20k ring ma azzz!!
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
So far this is what I've gathered -- there are a lot of broke bitter people on this forum. I honestly can't understand why people would get mad 'cause someone said they want an expensive engagement ring.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

WOW. Wanting nice things makes me a gold digger? WOW! What makes you think I will rely on my husband to buy me nice things? we are discussing engagement rings ONLY! Please learn how to READ!

I recall something along the lines of you not dating guys who wouldnt be able to afford such.. so yes.. You are a gold digger. Truth hurts right?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 6:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

I recall something along the lines of you not dating guys who wouldnt be able to afford such.. so yes.. You are a gold digger. Truth hurts right?

It's called a preference. What will you call a man who prefers dating light skin girls? a racist?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by sexlog(m): 7:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib: So far this is what I've gathered -- there are a lot of broke bitter people on this forum. I honestly can't understand why people would get mad 'cause someone said they want an expensive engagement ring.
You are an iidiot!
I guess you are the pauper here who wants to reap where she does not sow. Bloody gold-digger!
Just imagine this consumate retarrd calling people here broke just because they are enlightening her on how to live a meaningful life. Look, their are people on this

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by CocoSprinkles(f): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
So far it's beautiful and classy... And so far it won't rust or fade as time goes by, I don't mind if its cheap! I'll rock it! I'm not worried tho, my guy has taste

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by yuzedo: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2013
Bia, you dis foolish geh with your wicked message, you dey sell ring? Na market you dey market your business so?! undecided

See as you dey ginger as if say na beans. You don't even care about love, you just wan makes sure say your ring fine pass your neighbour own.. Shiorr! Na una type dey marry at 40yrs, divorce at 41yrs! angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
yuzedo: Bia, you dis foolish geh with your wicked message, you dey sell ring? Na market you dey market your business so?! undecided

See as you dey ginger as if say na beans. You don't even care about love, you just wan makes sure say your ring fine pass your neighbour own.. Shiorr! Na una type dey marry at 40yrs, divorce at 41yrs! angry

All this venom because I said I want an expensive ring? I'm allowed to have taste right? To each his own.
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
HisRib:

It's called a preference. What will you call a man who prefers dating light skin girls? a racist?
Not a racist but something along that line. Same way I would call someone who chooses not to date black people racist
Re: What Is The Most You Would Spend On Your Girl's Engagement Ring? by HisRib(f): 7:51pm On Mar 04, 2013
sexlog:
You are an iidiot!
I guess you are the pauper here who wants to reap where she does not sow. Bloody gold-digger!
Just imagine this consumate retarrd calling people here broke just because they are enlightening her on how to live a meaningful life. Look, their are people on this

Tell them why you mad son!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Do Not Date Extremely Pretty Girls If You Are Not A Man / Please Make Una Put Mouth For This My Girl Friend Mata Ooo / Russian Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend Arranging 16 Tanks To Form Heart Shape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.