Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,208 members, 7,943,326 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 12:17 PM

Perception And Mind Reading - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Perception And Mind Reading (595 Views)

After Reading This, You’ll Never Want To Throw These Silica Gel Away Again! / How To Change People's Perception Of You. / Mind-reading Machine' Turns Thought To Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Perception And Mind Reading by chinedumo(m): 10:28am On Mar 03, 2013
These two proverbs can go hand in hand without contradiction if you understand them

1). First impression matters.
2). Don't judge a book by its cover

My friend on facebook, Guy Duininck wrote:
When determining "who" another person is:
-
Observe them for a season of time; don't make a snap judgement based on one actionand what you think that action might mean. The action by one person might mean something quite different than that same action by another person - people are different.
- Listen carefully to their words and seek to understand what they mean by those words. People use words differently and sometimes there are unique meanings behind their words. Don't jump to conclusions; ask questions to clarify if necessary.
- Don't prejudge someone with blue eyes as"an awful person" just because the last person you met with blue eyes was an awfulperson. All men are not pigs. All women are not emotionally unstable. All preachers are not liars. All kids are not disrespectful. Do your best to see each person as a unique individual - give them a chance to show you who they are.
- Don't project who you are on others. Projection is a very basic mistake. Some who have devious motives suspect others of devious motives. Some who are judgmental judge others as judgmental. Some with pure motives suppose others have pure motives. Some who stretch the truth think others always stretch the truth. And old Jewish saying says, "We see the world, not as it is, but as we are." Be very careful in this area. Ifyou are a "blue glasses wearer" you will see everyone as blue.
- I have seen, especially here on FB (and nairaland), that people often judge far too quickly and are, therefore, often errant. In fact, I have been"told who I am" numerous times by people here on FB and more often than not I have either laughed to myself or shook my head as I heard the confident description given of me that was errant nearly as far as the east is from the west. One description of myself I have heard a couple times that is truly laughable [if you really knew me] is: "You only write books to make money for yourself because you are greedy and want tomake a big name for yourself." Truly funny since the truth is that over the years I have been a terrible promoter of my materials and have been pushed by those who truly know me to be much more aggressive. I try, but it is just hard for me because it's not really me.
So.......Give people a chance to "show themselves" and "prove themselves" to you. Give yourself time to see and know them forwho they truly are. Don't prejudge. Don't judge too quickly. Listen. Watch. Ask questions. Go slow. People are complex. smiley Blessings!!

(1) (Reply)

'how Can A Governor I've Only Seen On TV Buy Me A Car?" - Nuella Njubigbo / Tha Many Uses Of 'UP' / Rhapsody On The Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.