Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,164 members, 7,946,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 09:59 AM

Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 (62912 Views)

Barcelona Vs AC Milan : UCL (4 - 0) On 12th March 2013 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea: FA Cup (2 - 2) On 10th March 2013 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona - El Clasico (2 - 1) On 2nd March 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by jimcaddy(m): 6:52am On Mar 06, 2013
kujix101:

The same way Howard Webb and Mark Clattenburg are always paid by Manchester bank
I really wonder if some people watched the game ysterday or wat they do is to hate bcause its Man Utd. United rily controlled d game caus Fergie got his tactics spot on. He knew a draw wuld send us thru, dat explains why rooney and chicharito were sat on d bench. Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match. Didn't De Jong get a yellow for a red card tackle on xabi alonso at the world cup? Just for the fucking sake of the match turkish ref. That decision ruined the tactics and gave madrid an extra edge. Even if madrid were still goin to beat us, at least we wuld not have gone down like dis without a fight. But we live to fight anoda day. Am glad UEFA has made their moni for pairing a game like dis at this stage. We still have two trophies to play for, so it wuldnt be a bad season afterall.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by chidyke77(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2013
As a man united fan,am nt feeling all that bad abt d refs decision against nani. Nani didnt act well,he shld hv went to d player and apologise and even do d same to d ref,wt that I dnt think he wld hv gotten a red cus that was nt deliberate.
Lets concentrate on d league bcus that was where SAF is more interested and I too,even Mancini doesnt wnts early exit for united. Let d league be our main priority and may be the FA.
I still support madrid and dortmund for d remaining matches in d CL.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by ezesun(m): 7:08am On Mar 06, 2013
Olami1224: Referee killed dis game
Stop that! Where are u when u sent 2 chelsea players off? Where are u? You have see the bigger. Nonsensecry
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by begwong: 7:14am On Mar 06, 2013
Red devils. . . See u in hell!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by hotwax: 7:18am On Mar 06, 2013
ezzy-e:
The best team lost!

I am very proud of Man U's performance yday.....d same way i was proud of Chelsea wen Mark Clattenburg awarded 2 red cards and totally killed d dimension of d game @ stamford bridge ooo.

Sumtyms decisions dont go ur way, but united fans shd take solace in d fact that their team put up a 5-star performance (redcard aside).

Its indeed a "Painful Exit"

I love the painful part. Have A̶̲̥̅​ taste of your own pill. That's how it feels when referee dey you side they win the game for you.
E dey pain me ooo jagan ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by hotwax: 7:23am On Mar 06, 2013
chidyke77: As a man united fan,am nt feeling all that bad abt d refs decision against nani. Nani didnt act well,he shld hv went to d player and apologise and even do d same to d ref,wt that I dnt think he wld hv gotten a red cus that was nt deliberate.
Lets concentrate on d league bcus that was where SAF is more interested and I too,even Mancini doesnt wnts early exit for united. Let d league be our main priority and may be the FA.
I still support madrid and dortmund for d remaining matches in d CL.
Don't you think the local FA stuff is boring? Try champ league for A̶̲̥̅​ difference. Its refreshing.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by freshout1: 7:26am On Mar 06, 2013
Hala madridista,what a strike by moderic,he change d game,man u go mind league.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by mizunik: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2013
Both goals have nothing to do with the number of players on the pitch just pure inspiration n magical moments

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 7:34am On Mar 06, 2013
Man United were cheated in both legs of this encounter. In Madrid, Patrice Evra was going one on one with the goal keeper, he was ahead of Madrid defenders, then the last man, Segio Ramos I think, brought Evra down. The referee ignored what should have been a red card to Ramos. English teams suffer so much in the hands of these Eufa referee.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 7:48am On Mar 06, 2013
miz-unik:
Both goals have nothing to do with the number of players on the pitch just pure inspiration n magical moments

How do you mean? Why didn't they have a magic moment when it was 11-11? If Nani was on the pitch, Mourinho would not have been able to substitute Abeloa (A defender trying to stop Nani) and bring Modric (A midfielder). That would have exposed the left side where United did better till the red card.

Nani and Welbeck did well on the left side of the pitch such that Madrid could not function properly. They made Abeloa looked like an average defender. The Madrid defenders and Midfielder were cautions of the pace of Welbeck and Nani, such that Xavi Alonso had to always joined them. But when Nani was given the controversial red card, the game changed. First, United players were shocked and it unbalanced them. Welbeck alone could not function on the left.

Before the red card, how many clear cut chances did Madrid create? How many shots on goal did they have? Ronaldo and Di Maria were properly caged.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Olami1224: 7:52am On Mar 06, 2013
ezesun:
Stop that! Where are u when u sent 2 chelsea players off? Where are u? You have see the bigger. Nonsensecry

Who be this Chelsea guy self.... abeg metion better team jaare
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by bodejohn(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2013
...maybe because i watched the game with a B/W tv, i can't link the Nani card to both goals.
Is Nani not a striker? How come the remaining 10 players allowed Modric time and space to kick the ball from 20 yards?

Madrid only took advantage of a good situation.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by denitro(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
I really wonder if some people watched the game ysterday or wat they do is to hate bcause its Man Utd. United rily controlled d game caus Fergie got his tactics spot on. He knew a draw wuld send us thru, dat explains why rooney and chicharito were sat on d bench. Poor officiating from the turkish ref. He shld have used his fucking discretion to give nani a yellow just for the sake of this big match. Didn't De Jong get a yellow for a red card tackle on xabi alonso at the world cup? Just for the fucking sake of the match turkish ref. That decision ruined the tactics and gave madrid an extra edge. Even if madrid were still goin to beat us, at least we wuld not have gone down like dis without a fight. But we live to fight anoda day. Am glad UEFA has made their moni for pairing a game like dis at this stage. We still have two trophies to play for, so it wuldnt be a bad season afterall.

Cry Cry Baby
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by sayso: 7:59am On Mar 06, 2013
Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane on ITV: "I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It's dangerous play - it's a red card. You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself? Whether it's [a brave decision] or not, it's the right decision. Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter. Nani's a quick boy to go down anyway. He's not the bravest player on the planet."

For all Man U fans.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by BrightDeGea(m): 8:06am On Mar 06, 2013
Its clear that uefa wanted United to out even right from the first leg at benabeau, am not suprised, i saw it coming
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2013
bushwailo: Last year Chelsea was 2-0 down and a man down from first half at Barcelona.
Ended up drawing 2-2 and them say na luck !

Now a man down at home with only 30 mins left una no fit defend.
You think say CL a premiership ? grin grin grin

I wonder o!,
Fergie's reaction was particularly hilarious sent me r.o.t.f.
And the cookie crumbles.
They should leak their wounds and let the ref be, his call was right was he suppossed to change d rule bc ManU is involved.
Leave Uefa out of this. Is defending with 10 men for 30mins such a difficult thing to do?
Chelsea did more than that against The best club side in the world and eliminated them from UCL. The least u cld do is to learn from them.
Hala madrid.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Olami1224: 8:10am On Mar 06, 2013
sayso: Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane on ITV: "I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It's dangerous play - it's a red card. You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself? Whether it's [a brave decision] or not, it's the right decision. Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter. Nani's a quick boy to go down anyway. He's not the bravest player on the planet."

For all Man U fans.

This Roy keane must be very stupid, with his statement i guess he as some personal issue with Nani.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2013
sayso: Former Manchester United midfielder Roy Keane on ITV: "I think the referee has actually made the right call. Everyone's upset about it and it's slightly unlucky, but it's dangerous play. Whether he meant it or not is irrelevant. It's dangerous play - it's a red card. You have to be aware of other players on the pitch. Does he think he's going to have 20 yards to himself? Whether it's [a brave decision] or not, it's the right decision. Whether he meant it or not doesn't matter. Nani's a quick boy to go down anyway. He's not the bravest player on the planet."

For all Man U fans.

Kean is alone in this. He is one of those that want SAF to sell Nani.

"Independent of the decision, the best team lost," Real coach Jose Mourinho told ITV. "We didn't play well, we didn't deserve to win, but football is like this.

"I am not sure about the decision, but independent of that, the best team lost."

Mourinho told Spanish television TVE he was disappointed by the performance.

"I am happy that we are through but I expected more from my team," he said.

"When your goalkeeper is the best player on the pitch and you are playing against 10 men then that shows you are not controlling the match as you should.

"But you have to know how to suffer and how to win under those circumstances."

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 8:13am On Mar 06, 2013
bushwailo: Last year Chelsea was 2-0 down and a man down from first half at Barcelona.
Ended up drawing 2-2 and them say na luck !

Now a man down at home with only 30 mins left una no fit defend.
You think say CL a premiership ? grin grin grin
ode!...fool!...shey u go compare barca pattern with madrid own??b4 barca do dia tiki-taka futbal reach box 18 u kno how many minutes den go spend so??while it wld take alonso a single pass 2 ronaldo or ozil den d ball don land ur 18box...abi u wan compare madrid attackers wit dem barca ownonly a fool wld not know dat it's easy 2 defend against barca than madrid....fool!

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by adaybayor(m): 8:17am On Mar 06, 2013
Olami1224:

This Roy keane must be very stupid, with his statement i guess he as some personal issue with Nani.

Sharapuuu jorrrrrr!
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by adaybayor(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: ode!...fool!...shey u go compare barca pattern with madrid own??b4 barca do dia tiki-taka futbal reach box 18 u kno how many minutes den go spend so??while it wld take alonso a single pass 2 ronaldo or ozil den d ball don land ur 18box...abi u wan compare madrid attackers wit dem barca ownonly a fool wld not know dat it's easy 2 defend against barca than madrid....fool!

Oponu ayerada...the same barca wey disgrace manure abi na another one?
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Johnsinia(m): 8:20am On Mar 06, 2013
bodejohn: ...maybe because i watched the game with a B/W tv, i can't link the Nani card to both goals.
Is Nani not a striker? How come the remaining 10 players allowed Modric time and space to kick the ball from 20 yards?

i hate sight functionless individual like dis, who only see hatred and jealousy as life. Hatrecy is a sin, turnin truth upside down is sin, also supportin cheatin and corruptn is a big sin. Repent or else, u wil burn in hell.

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by samilo88(m): 8:22am On Mar 06, 2013
cr7lomo.:

U sef, shut d Bleep up. D ref has d final say, som wil giv nd som wunt giv. Unfortunately 4 man u d ref was d typ dat wud giv a red 4 those kind of challenges. Every ref has his own view regardless of d rulz dat y dey r human. Y did nani pretend like he was d 1 dat ws hit, dats cos he knew wot he did. Dis same challenge happnd som few yrs ago wen arsenal playd man u @ old trafford, eboue ws d 1 dat ws sent off 4 d exact challenge dat nani did 2day on evram wot ws saf's reaction, he said d ref made d ryt call. Nw it hs happnd 2 him nd u fans r rantin nonsence. Do u know hw many decisions dat hv gon against tims dat playd man u.u guys sud hv defended like chelsea against barca last season wen terry ws snt off. If saf agreed wit d ref bk den den he sud accept dis , so as d rest of u guys. Beta luck nxt season, its ova
Bros u just Spoke ma mind..The hypocrite SAF and Evans that agreed that Torres sending off was deserved are d one crying foul..I think they hav a short memory but Karma doesn't....

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Johnsinia(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2013
bodejohn: ...maybe because i watched the game with a B/W tv, i can't link the Nani card to both goals.

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by busayobrig: 8:23am On Mar 06, 2013
red label 1 - Cocaine 2
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Kingjames(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2013

For all Man U fans.

Thats the bitter truth my brother, I love Nani as a player but I cant go with him on this one I hail the ref on the call he made cause its part of his job to protect the players in the field from dangerous and hazardous challenges. Few wks back, Demba Ba got his nose broken in such a challenge inside the 18yard box of his former club and the ref turned a blind eye! Good call ref.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by afroxyz: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
How did Man ​​U̶̲̥̅̊ control the game? You were out played in possession, shots on targets and even corner kicks. Perhaps you watched the match on a black and white television set

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by DonaldGenes(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Sobbinq*didnt qet to watch the match due to??
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by elampiro(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2013
Fussbot: ode!...fool!...shey u go compare barca pattern with madrid own??b4 barca do dia tiki-taka futbal reach box 18 u kno how many minutes den go spend so??while it wld take alonso a single pass 2 ronaldo or ozil den d ball don land ur 18box...abi u wan compare madrid attackers wit dem barca ownonly a fool wld not know dat it's easy 2 defend against barca than madrid....fool!

SAF got his tactics right, but it looks like Rooney was kept too long on the bench.
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by cupid4ig(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy:
cry me a river. how about chelsea vs manunited? guess u didnt spill this rubbish that day. cry cry baby
Re: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid - UCL (1 - 2) On 5th March 2013 by Fussbot: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2013
adaybayor:

Oponu ayerada...the same barca wey disgrace manure abi na another one?
dindinrin ni o se.....of course den beat us cus we no "park the bus"...d season wey we sef park bus we eliminate dem....so

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Paris Saint-Germain: UCL (0 - 2) On 12th February 2019 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.