Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,898 members, 7,889,964 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 05:53 AM

Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? (1226 Views)

Palmwine Vs Bottledwine / Calabar Carnival No Longer About Promoting Our Culture / Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by Joey82(m): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2008
I've got guys arround who drink bkt/palmwine to stupor in the name of promoting culture. What is worrisome is the nuisance they turn out to be after being drunk. Is this really a true way of promoting culture or a way of getting away with their irresponsibilities?
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by romeo(m): 11:57am On Mar 20, 2008
Which one is BKT?
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by Joey82(m): 12:02pm On Mar 20, 2008
burukutu
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by romeo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2008
Burukutu is a non-alcoholic beverage
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by echelon(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2008
Drinking palmwine is a true way of promoting our culture. Drinking it to stupor? or Getting drunk with it is not.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by oziomatv(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2008
mmanya ngwo for life any time I reach mba5.
  with a fine western omogirl beside me.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by topkin(m): 11:49pm On Mar 20, 2008
romeo:

Burukutu is a non-alcoholic beverage

Bros who tell u dat one? Burukutu dey shack anyhow! U nor hear the name? grin

@ poster
Yes it's a way of promoting our culture, but too much of it is what is bad.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
Palmy is good, just know your levels cool
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by romeo(m): 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2008
top_kin:

Bros who tell u that one? Burukutu dey shack anyhow! You nor hear the name? grin

Sorry ohh!! the one i was taking back home was non-alcoholic
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by tamme: 4:54am On Oct 16, 2009
palmwine doesnt taste good
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by Oluschenco(m): 2:46pm On Oct 16, 2009
Palmwine and Bkt is good when compared to Gin or those bad drinks called Red wine
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by ifyalways(f): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2009
tamme:

palmwine doesnt taste good
You have not taken the real thing.Palmmy is the best drink available.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 16, 2009
our culture is heavily dependent on hard liquor.

Thats why the spirits are usually appeased with the best Dutch gin or Shnapps.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by coolier(f): 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2009
You don't consume alcohol to promote our culture do you?
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^ me?

I was referring to pouring libations and all that.

Grassroots culture.

the spirits prefer imported gin to locally made one.

and yes, some people do consider these things part of our culture. eg traditional introduction, engagements, etc usually have local or imported liquor as a base requirement.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by ritaNL: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ poster

yes it is.
Re: Is Drinking Bkt/palmwine A True Way Of Promoting Culture? by udezue(m): 3:33am On Oct 22, 2009
What about water?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Real Meaning Of Your Nairaland Username / Some Sex Practice Cultures / 10 Forbidden Names In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.