Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,008 members, 7,922,428 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? (17929 Views)

Ladies Come In Here And Pick Your Dream Man. / Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? / The Wooing Challenge SEASON 3 [Men pick your Ladies] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by johnnyhandsom(m): 9:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam: as for me I don't think my wife or gf has any right whatsoever to pick my calls and vice versa. So let's hear your opinion.

Ode! Stay there don't pick her call and let her play you like football.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 9:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
Queeniekruuz: same 2 men in advance.nonsense talk.

shuuuu,wetin?
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
johnny handsom:

Ode! Stay there don't pick her call and let her play you like football.

Mumu na about phone calls u go take monitor her ? orwe
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
tpia@:

why wont you pick it and save me the stress of listening to yet another automated sales pitch?

lol @salespitch. I wont pick the call because the person calling wont be expecting to speak to me.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by johnnyhandsom(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam:

Mumu na about phone calls u go take monitor her ? orwe

I'm sorry for you, your type are the ones that will come up here and write trash like:
1. My wife got pregnant from another man, what do I do?
2. I think I have been infected with std by my wife.
Nip it in the bud before it gets out of hands. If your wife starts now to hide things from you, I wonder what she will turn you into in the future.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by jeffizy(m): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2013
I will not!
Personally, i see the mobile phn as a private item,just like a diary. I also remember fela kuti's song - *trouble dey sleep,yanga go wake am*.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Morgan1092(m): 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nt rily a big deal if u answer d call on his/her permission, and also if u can behave ursef n be matured wen u hear d callers mind. #jst my thoughts#
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
shocked You should be locked up nd toroly beaten, wife beater
jhydebaba: I always warn my girlfriends against such and I also live by example. The first time one of them suspected me of cheating and dared picked up my call shocked ogbelegbele oh shocked I gave her the beating of her life.
Well, when I'm married, I'll inform my wife to desist against such act with an exemption to extreme cases cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by BashToks: 10:39pm On Mar 04, 2013
jhydebaba: I always warn my girlfriends against such and I also live by example. The first time one of them suspected me of cheating and dared picked up my call shocked ogbelegbele oh shocked I gave her the beating of her life.
Well, when I'm married, I'll inform my wife to desist against such act with an exemption to extreme cases cheesy

Good luck to whoever marries you. Woman beater!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by shitshappen(m): 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2013
my girl still plays FBI agent with my fone, i have learnt to be an undercover CIA agent, grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by jaxxy(m): 11:07pm On Mar 04, 2013
The Motive is wot matters shocked shocked grin

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by bokohalal(m): 11:44pm On Mar 04, 2013
Get the Vault apps if you have anything to hide. No unnecessary calls for anybody to pick up.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by skyra: 1:00am On Mar 05, 2013
If both partners trust each other explicitly, then picking each others phones should not be a problem. Imagine your girlfriends number calls you and on picking, you hear a mans voice and on her part, she hears a womans voice, or your wife/husband doesnt want to see any number belonging to the opposite sex on your phone.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by tpia5: 1:31am On Mar 05, 2013
gboss4sure:

lol @salespitch. I wont pick the call because the person calling wont be expecting to speak to me.

sometimes someone can ask you to answer their phone- say your friend for instance.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by tpia5: 1:32am On Mar 05, 2013
jaxxy: The Motive is wot matters shocked shocked grin

i guess if the situation is a spy oriented one, where "they" sent both of you to spy out each other's secrets, might not be advisable to let the other person see your phone.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Eisenhower(m): 3:25am On Mar 05, 2013
ifihearam:

Marriage does not mean there is no more privacy oo,so why do most couples have separate room?
; they are not married but cohabiting...if my wife can't pick my calls and read my text then there's no need getting married in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Eisenhower(m): 3:36am On Mar 05, 2013
[quote author=Donna Jocasta]Its absolutely wrong 2 pick ur partners calls except ur being told 2,,,,,its called a hand set and not a public phone,,,,,,it does not make sense jor,,,,,,except u want 2 die of hypertension; you call him a partner that's because he's your lover or boyfriend and not your husband,when there's a marriage btw 2person they become one soul,spirit and what is privacy when you share the same soul and spirit with such? Except you've allowed urself to be brainwashed with the rhetorics of our adulterous generation.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by olamidunn(f): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2013
This is not something u shld be proud about.....u shld not even brag abt it.....u beat up ur GF just because she picked up ur call.....u really need to change....if they are now campaigning about abuse against women u wld be the first person to talk.....SMH for u

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ddeola: 6:57am On Mar 05, 2013
Well,curtesy demands that we treat personal effects as personal.A cell phone is a private property. However, if you don't have anything to hide,then it won't be a problem but when you are keeping certain infos from your partner you will always want to cover your tracks and this is where there is katakata. As for me,it's no big deal
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Reference(m): 8:15am On Mar 05, 2013
No, not without permission. The caller wants to speak to your partner, not to you. Period.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Orikinla(m): 8:19am On Mar 05, 2013
Yes.
My woman picks my calls when I am not nearby.
I have nothing to hide from her.
I even leave my mobile phone with her when I am not using it.
She is my confidant.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Reference(m): 8:31am On Mar 05, 2013
elitejosef :
I for 1 won't pick her calls. But I am not really ready to start hearing stuffs or asking questions dt will kill me b4 my time. Its better I don't no, but I always believe deres a day of judgement for all cheaters

Don't wait for judgement to fall on your partner cos it might consume you and all the labour of your years.

It is good and proper to check on your partner's phone from time to time (don't get paranoid about it) to ensure your relationship isn't misaligning. It is called responsibility and its your duty. It may not be a case of unfaithfulness. You may spot signs of financial stress or worse discover physical threats to him or her in these kidnapping/assasination climes we live.

However one should not answer another's phone calls. If anything is suspected, the matter should be raised immediately and dealt with maturely.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Reference(m): 8:35am On Mar 05, 2013
Orikinla: Yes.
My woman picks my calls when I am not nearby.
I have nothing to hide from her.
I even leave my mobile phone with her when I am not using it.
She is my confidant.

Well different strokes. 95% of my calls are business related calls. If I call your line and your wife answers how can I possibly take you seriously. Even if she is your business partner.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2013
Phone is a private prpty.it solely belong to d owner.if d person on d oda line want to speak to u,den d person will call u.period.pple will still cheat if dey want to cheat and why give urself unnecesry hbp? U wanna show say una b one,abeg do it in oda ways.its just dat our pple don't no wen to give space in a r/ship in oda 2 be fully accomodated
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by tpia5: 9:10am On Mar 05, 2013
phone, the new extension of self. undecided

you rate your self worth by your phone.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by hardbody: 9:17am On Mar 05, 2013
I dont pick your calls, dont pick mine. It is as simple as that. wetin wan bring that nonesense sef, is my phone your phone, abi you dey craze?
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Emoticon: 9:28am On Mar 05, 2013
I don't pick hers, and she doesn't pick mine. Sometimes, when my phone is ringing and I purposely ignore it cos its someone I don't wanto talk to, she'll ask why am I not picking up, I'll tell her I'm not in the mood to talk to that person. If she's having a doubt, I'll just give her the phone to answer.

But some girls/women are very stubborn. A friend or colleague might get u upset at work and when u get home (knowing fully well that person would call to apologize and u might not be in the right mood to answer his or her call) u ask ur wife not to pick any call that comes in, and u head straight to the bathroom for shower and have a rest. When the person calls the 1st n 2nd time and nobody picks it, some women might be wondering and pondering to know why the calls are not being answered. And if eventually the person calls for the 3rd time, they'll pick up to know who is calling and what exactly is the problem. Such women will surely get what they called for.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by tpia5: 9:29am On Mar 05, 2013
@ op

you should rephrase your question as "Should i be angry when i call someone and their partner or somebody else picks their calls" or "Should i beat up my partner for picking my calls"

all these amebo topics are so annoying.

too much pent up frustration in most of you, looking for any outlet to offload the chips on your shoulder. undecided

random generalizations can be s.tupid and are often a sign of low intelligence- you do what works for you and let others find their own niche.

if you dont want your partner answering your phone, then tell him or her not to, or lock it. One cant be too careful these days, since everybody has various agendas and its hard to trust people even if you're sleeping with them. Some [or most] are spies and gossips.

If, however, you dont mind someone else answering your phone, then others should butt out and mtob.

these time wasting topics are too many here.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by zoedicus: 9:42am On Mar 05, 2013

u beat up a girl/lady (defenceless for that matter), and u're here to brag about it? Some men are really sick. If na my sis u beat up like dt, i swear u go hear am o. Arrant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Igosun: 9:47am On Mar 05, 2013
Picks ma hubby's call for what i dont do such even if he's not there i will call him if his phone rings but i do ask him to pick mine often.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Turbocharged: 9:58am On Mar 05, 2013
Just remembering those days when the phone used to stay on top of the telly and anyone who z around answers when it rings. Today everyone has skeletons in their cupboard (privacy my foot)
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by tpia5: 10:05am On Mar 05, 2013
Just remembering those days when the phone used to stay on top of the telly and anyone who z around answers when it rings.

thank you.

nowadays, phone has become an extension of self.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

You Have Heard Of The French Kiss But Now We Introduce The African Kiss: / Wish 5 Romancelander A Happy New Month. / Simp 101 (check..pics..am Ashamed)>thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.